2014 Low Income Support Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 45Likes

#181 of 1007 Old 02-02-2014, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Cool that you got a Scooby Doo Popper!!! I found a Hello Kitty Popper at Good Will a few weeks back for a couple bucks..I cleaned it up and it works great!!!! We love having popcorn again since we don't have a microwave...My 6 year old loves it and wants me to pop corn every other night smile.gif
#182 of 1007 Old 02-02-2014, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

*Gasp* Please don't tell my kids that they make such things as Scooby Doo (ds's fav) and Hello Kitty (lil dd's fav) air poppers!!! I'll never hear the end of it! hide.gif

* Gratefuls for the day: Went to pick up a couple of necessities at the store and turned a bunch of change into the Coinstar there. It covered my purchase and gave me enough to buy dd's new carseat! 

justmama likes this.

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#183 of 1007 Old 02-03-2014, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

mommaof3boz - Definitely try to save up to go see your son graduate basic if you can. If you can't, make sure your son knows to volunteer for "recruiter duty" after basic. Not sure if they have it in Marines, but I know Air Force does, where recent Basic grads go back to their communities to help recruiters with school presentations, etc for 6-12 weeks before the go on to their duty assignment.

Waving hello to everyone else - My net has been off since Thursday so I skimmed posts when I was able to turn it back on this morning.

While my net was off this weekend, I fixed my washer to bypass the plumbing issues! I ended up taking off the doorknob off the laundry room door {it has a deadbolt still, so no worries}, running the washer drain hose through it, and connecting another hose on the other side to run it away from the house. It's draining in the backyard now, but I don't really mind that honestly. It's so dry here that it soaks in pretty quickly as long as I move the hose around to a new spot every couple of days. And I can do LAUNDRY! Without worry of flooding the house! I've done laundry pretty much straight through since I hooked it up - and I'm almost done!

I also picked up the stuff to extend the shelves in the pots & pans cupboards, add shelves to a bookcase I picked up years back in the bulk pickup so we can use it for more non-food storage, and to add another shelf in the linen closet so we can actually fit all the sheets / blankets in there without them falling back out.

Greatfuls ~

~ Lots of freebie bread this week at the store with the freshness policy. And fresh herbs! Anyone know if you can freeze fresh herbs?

~Got paid today from last month's ebay sales. And should get a nice check in a week or so from my other sales gig.

~2 good thrift runs last week - found some great things for ebay that should make this month's sales great. And tons of sweaters for my other sales gig.

~Almost all caught up with dishes & laundry! This is the 1st time I've been caught up pretty much in the last year or so.

sdelgadillo389 likes this.

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#184 of 1007 Old 02-03-2014, 03:35 PM

Got the final tax documents and it's not looking good. We're missing a good $2000 or more from what we got last year. Before I freak anyone out about the their taxes though this was partially the fault of dh's employer. Some how they screwed up his W9 and only held out $5 for the year in federal!!! So all the federal income tax paid that would've been refunded isn't there and that's why we're so short. Idk it's a mess. Totally screws up my hopefuls for tax season and screws my goals but I'm refiguring and it'll just have to be what it is. :(

#185 of 1007 Old 02-04-2014, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

patiently waiting on my refund....  21 days and counting... hoping its much less than 21 days...

dont know if i posted before or not... refund is with in 200$ of last years amount.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#186 of 1007 Old 02-04-2014, 06:31 PM

Good deal! I'm glad your refund was okay. I think ours would have been within the range of last years if it wasn't for whatever this screw up is dh's company made :(. We're going to check into when he gets back in later this week. Regardless at least we got something started. I'm hoping we can get all filed and money on the way soon. I'm going to go crazy reanalyzing the refund budget until it does! uhoh3.gif

#187 of 1007 Old 02-04-2014, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Today was the first day of Spring semester for me. Math class was good, but my EMT class was very long(3:30 to 9pm today). One good thing is I get to return a workbook for my EMT class(about $65 back), but I still have to pay $79 for more online software that is needed(was informed of this during class). Which I wasn't expecting... as well as the times for my class changed Tues 3:30-7:45 to NEW hours 5-9:50 and Thurs 5:30-9:15 to NEW hours 5:30-9.50.... Now I have to go to my CCRC to get these new class hours approved to keep my daycare. Also informed my daycare provider of the new hours, she's working with me, I love my provider she is a life saver! ugh so tired and barely having dinner at 10pm because we only got 5-10 min breaks during my EMT class. Now time to sleep!!!

Stephanie, 25, Single parent to DS (7/10). I
Part Time Cake Decorator & Full-time Student

BS1: Completed 5/3/14
BS2: Credit Card Debt: Completed 5/18/14, Phone Acct: 6/20/14, Personal Loan: $4069.97
#188 of 1007 Old 02-05-2014, 04:36 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Still here. That was two days ago. We have another falling as we speak and one more expected this coming weekend. It's a mite chilly up here in the fro*en North. eyesroll.gif

Gratefuls:

-I don't have to shovel my driveway or walkway. Thank you apartment living.

-I drank my first cup of coffee blissfully quietly before the kids woke up on this snow day off from school. It was even more delicious without kids.

-It's 7:40am and only two of my kids are up. They are naked under a blanket playing computer games and eating banana muffins. Rock on weird children.

-ALL the bills are paid. And the bank acct doesn't seem to reali*e that. joy.gif It's beautiful. Such a freeing feeling being able to pay rent and then 4 days later pay all the old bills. What is this world coming to?????

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#189 of 1007 Old 02-05-2014, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmama View Post

Greatfuls ~

~ Lots of freebie bread this week at the store with the freshness policy. And fresh herbs! Anyone know if you can freeze fresh herbs?

YES!  You can.  You can hang them to dry and put them in containers after they are completely dry and crumbly.  OR chop them and put them in an ice cube tray and then cover each "cube" with olive oil.  That way you heat them in a pan to add them to meals.  Just pop out a cube of oil/herbs and put in the pan with your food.  SO easy.  And they keep really well, not losing any flavor.  Except cilantro.  Cilantro doesn't do well dried or fro*en.  It just loses it's flavor.

#190 of 1007 Old 02-05-2014, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post

-I drank my first cup of coffee blissfully quietly before the kids woke up on this snow day off from school. It was even more delicious without kids.

I got my first cup this morning sans kids too. Wonderful way to start the day! I'm on my second cup now with two off to school and just my LO and my baby nephew now I babysit during the day now. This cup isn't quite so relaxing LOL. 

Grateful: NO snow day here today!

After having ice/snow 5 days in the last two weeks I'm DONE! I live wayyyy too far south for that mess. Hoping spring will come on along now but it's not looking good. Bipolar weather here: we had bad ice/snow last week sending the kids home for 3 days of the week. The weekend was in the 70s and now it's been storming since Sun and stopped last night just to leave it friggin cold again. I wish it'd pick a temp already!

#191 of 1007 Old 02-05-2014, 05:50 AM

Oh I forgot: dh called this morning and is going to be late getting in from his hitch tomorrow because he's making some extra money!! He's a pretty darn good mechanic and the guys at work have figured this out and started paying him to do repairs for them. Extra money yay! And one of the guys he works with has hunted just a tad too much this year and now has a deer at the processor that he can't store so he's gonna sell it to us for just a little over the processing fee! I'll get an actual # from dh on it later today but that's a life saver. I'll have plenty of meat in the freezer then to last us for quite a while. 

#192 of 1007 Old 02-05-2014, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Got my free haircut and am feeling pretty. We got some more snowfall here and hubby had a snow day yesterday. It was nice to have an unexpected day together and he will be working fri to make up for it so no money worries. I was going to take kiddos to my parents today but their roads never get clean so we will wait. I will let them play in the snow and maybe we will make a batch of brownies.
#193 of 1007 Old 02-05-2014, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Aren't free haircuts the best???!!! We have several parades here for various things throughout the year..And usually there is a free haircut coupon in that bag somewhere that L gets that is passed out while they walk...Since she doesn't do haircuts yet I use them which is a good thing for me because my hair grows fast and thick!!

We have a ton of snow too..it is crazy how much we have gotten this year...Great for sledding for the kiddos though smile.gif
Hope everyone is doing well... <3
#194 of 1007 Old 02-05-2014, 09:39 PM

Tonight had been kind of stressful. My soon to be ex husband just informed me that he will be going to jail because he hasn't paid child support since October and I'm on cash aid. He's blaming it all on me. Saying how it's my fault I never told him about paying child support. The thing that makes me mad and stressed is that I did tell him about child support when I filed in June and that he was suppose to start paying in October. Ugh gives me unneeded stress, especially when he says everything's my fault. Sorry everyone I just needed to vent.

Stephanie, 25, Single parent to DS (7/10). I
Part Time Cake Decorator & Full-time Student

BS1: Completed 5/3/14
BS2: Credit Card Debt: Completed 5/18/14, Phone Acct: 6/20/14, Personal Loan: $4069.97
#195 of 1007 Old 02-06-2014, 02:42 AM

Um, how did he not realize he needed to pay child support? I call bull. Im sorry.

Bills are a bit tighter than Id like this week. Come on tax refund! On the plus side only one more inlaw dinner to pull outta my butt this weekend and I wont have any more of those pricey suprises. I found chicken breasts on sale so Im making crockpot salsa chicken. Ten bucks to feed ten people isnt too bad considering. I will also whip up a batch of brownies and make the kids some sparkling juice via the soda stream. And hey, I can handle crazy entertaining for a free washer and dryer, right? Im just frazzled tonight bc of a very long day with the kids and a budgetary suprise. But Im still trucking along.
#196 of 1007 Old 02-06-2014, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdelgadillo389 View Post

Tonight had been kind of stressful. My soon to be ex husband just informed me that he will be going to jail because he hasn't paid child support since October and I'm on cash aid. He's blaming it all on me. Saying how it's my fault I never told him about paying child support. The thing that makes me mad and stressed is that I did tell him about child support when I filed in June and that he was suppose to start paying in October. Ugh gives me unneeded stress, especially when he says everything's my fault. Sorry everyone I just needed to vent.

Wellllll.........yeah, I can totally understand how a parent who doesn't live with their kid could FORGET about child support for almost 6 months.  I mean, shoot, he does have other things on his mind ya know.  Stop judging him.  You should have been reminding him to pay and while you are at it, do you think you could write out the checks too?  I mean, he's FAR to busy to deal with that petty crap.  CLEARLY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats View Post

Um, how did he not realize he needed to pay child support? I call bull. Im sorry.

Bills are a bit tighter than Id like this week. Come on tax refund! On the plus side only one more inlaw dinner to pull outta my butt this weekend and I wont have any more of those pricey suprises. I found chicken breasts on sale so Im making crockpot salsa chicken. Ten bucks to feed ten people isnt too bad considering. I will also whip up a batch of brownies and make the kids some sparkling juice via the soda stream. And hey, I can handle crazy entertaining for a free washer and dryer, right? Im just frazzled tonight bc of a very long day with the kids and a budgetary suprise. But Im still trucking along.

That's impressive.  I don't think I could feed that many people on so little!  Aren't crockpots the best????  Just keep telling yourself, free washer and dryer.....free washer and dryer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylie View Post

Aren't free haircuts the best???!!! We have several parades here for various things throughout the year..And usually there is a free haircut coupon in that bag somewhere that L gets that is passed out while they walk...Since she doesn't do haircuts yet I use them which is a good thing for me because my hair grows fast and thick!!

We have a ton of snow too..it is crazy how much we have gotten this year...Great for sledding for the kiddos though smile.gif

Missing you Mylie.  Would love an update when you get a moment.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyms View Post

Oh I forgot: dh called this morning and is going to be late getting in from his hitch tomorrow because he's making some extra money!! He's a pretty darn good mechanic and the guys at work have figured this out and started paying him to do repairs for them. Extra money yay! And one of the guys he works with has hunted just a tad too much this year and now has a deer at the processor that he can't store so he's gonna sell it to us for just a little over the processing fee! I'll get an actual # from dh on it later today but that's a life saver. I'll have plenty of meat in the freezer then to last us for quite a while. 

Wow, lots of blessings for you lately!  Congrats!  Bad stuff can only happen for so long before something good happens.  Law of averages ya know?

#197 of 1007 Old 02-06-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:

Got my free haircut and am feeling pretty. We got some more snowfall here and hubby had a snow day yesterday. It was nice to have an unexpected day together and he will be working fri to make up for it so no money worries. I was going to take kiddos to my parents today but their roads never get clean so we will wait. I will let them play in the snow and maybe we will make a batch of brownies.

Free haircut! That's awesome! I have to take ds before the end of the weekend and get his hair cut. It's terribly messed up but I haven't gotten time to take him yet. Free would be great but we don't have anything like that here LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylie View Post

The weather has been insane this year! I caught a snip of the weather on the radio earlier and all I heard was the word snow. Not again! It'll be the third time in less than a month... um... I live 2 hrs or less from the gulf so I'm definitely too far south for that! Ugh... more propane more money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdelgadillo389 View Post

Awww he's a special kind of stupid isn't he? Now now Sdelgadillo you know better than to pick on people. What were you thinking trying to get him to pay child support for his kids? And to not even remind him and help him with it on top of it?!? Oh my bad bad girl!

Quote:

Wow that's great! $10 for 10 people is truly amazing. How do you like that soda stream? I've heard of them but haven't looked into them much. I'll admit sodas/flavored drinks are a weakness here and need to go. I'm looking now at trying out kombucha and kefir water but I'd love to hear any other ideas if you know something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post

Wellllll.........yeah, I can totally understand how a parent who doesn't live with their kid could FORGET about child support for almost 6 months.  I mean, shoot, he does have other things on his mind ya know.  Stop judging him.  You should have been reminding him to pay and while you are at it, do you think you could write out the checks too?  I mean, he's FAR to busy to deal with that petty crap.  CLEARLY.

That's impressive.  I don't think I could feed that many people on so little!  Aren't crockpots the best????  Just keep telling yourself, free washer and dryer.....free washer and dryer.

Missing you Mylie.  Would love an update when you get a moment.  

Wow, lots of blessings for you lately!  Congrats!  Bad stuff can only happen for so long before something good happens.  Law of averages ya know?

Thanks! It's been a crazy couple of weeks with lots of ups and downs but it's leveling out. I think the good is mostly outweighing the bad. Either way at least there's enough good to cover the bad if not outweigh it LOL

#198 of 1007 Old 02-06-2014, 12:36 PM

We got 13 inches of snow Tuesday. Ds has been out of school all week except Monday and he already has tomorrow off. I finally dug out this morning. Eek it was hard. My tire is super low again. I know it is leaking again so I am going to take it in in the morning. Hoping it can be patched! This month I was trying build my EF fund but looks like I will need to use some of it for my tire.

So I kinda had a falling out with a new friend. We were supposed to have a play date tomorrow and I backed out due to the snow and other things going on. Well she kept harping me about it. Called me a wimp for not getting my driveway shoveled yesterday etc. So I nicely texted her she needed to respect me when I say no. She then said she was joking and tried to justify it that way and she she kept telling me what. I need to do. I need to get out....I need to relax etc. Her last text was so snarky I am fairly certain I don't want to talk to her again. I really hate this! I really want a support system and we had a lot in common but her rude pushy behavior is just too much for me. I dealt with emotional abuse in marriage and anything that remotely feels wrong about a persons behavior and I pack and run!

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#199 of 1007 Old 02-06-2014, 01:41 PM

To be fair the free haircut was via older sister, who worked as a beautician for yrs. And soda stream was from younger sister who won two of them plus syrups. I havent really tried many soda flavors yet but we enjoy the sparkling juice and the rootbeer and orange sodas were yummy.
#200 of 1007 Old 02-06-2014, 01:54 PM

Mmmmmmmm root beer!  I have to hit the store after I do gymnastics drop-off(my friend and I do carpool.  We trade drop-off and pick-up.) so I think rootbeer is in my future this evening.  Sounds delicious.  I would LOVE a sodastream but I think that would be really bad for my health(and my teeth).

#201 of 1007 Old 02-06-2014, 04:25 PM

That sounds neat. I want to look into to something like that soda stream when I get extra money for it. We did get snow! Nothing at all really but regardless that white stuff falling out of the sky is rare around here and it happening so much lately is just insane! I've had a really off day and I'm just not feeling so great. I did at least get some things taken care of like car insurance and picking up dd's replacement glasses. I'm hoping to hear something back soon about taxes. I filed already and my state return was accepted but I haven't heard anything yet about federal which is strange because they are both usually accepted pretty quick and around the same time. Kinda freaks me out even though I know it's done right. Ugh

#202 of 1007 Old 02-06-2014, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

For those of you who want/have the soda stream... I have a Keurig (yeah coffee I know) I LOVE THAT THING.... i was against getting one but now i can't go a day with out fresh coffee... and yes I'm considering the soda stream with part of our irs refund.  considering... probably not getting.  we need patio furniture instead and the rest to savings

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#203 of 1007 Old 02-06-2014, 09:53 PM

Supposed to get my refund the tenth!! So happy and relieved!
#204 of 1007 Old 02-06-2014, 09:57 PM

Yay! That's great. Idk yet when we'll get the refund but the return has been sent and accepted so I figure it should be soon. I think we're going to start selling things this week while dh is home so that's good. Even though we decided we will most likely not attempt to buy a home for at least another year I'd still like to start working on the long process to get ready.

#205 of 1007 Old 02-07-2014, 08:13 AM

I'm jealous of your Keurig *ebra.  I'm getting a mattress and box spring that won't cripple me every morning because they are older than me with my tax return money.  Not a ton of fun but....And I'm buying myself a new pair of winter boots so I can give my mom back hers.  Mine got a huge crack in them about a month ago and I had to throw them out because my feet were getting dangerously close to frost bite within way too short a time.  And then if there's anything left, I'll put it towards a new couch which I also desperately need.  Mine is torn and banged up and I've had it for over 10 years. 

#206 of 1007 Old 02-07-2014, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Got our refund today..promptly paid off our non-functioning van finally and a couple small credit card balances. Left with $300 for each of us (me and stbx) but no debt except my car. Now I can sell the piece of crap and put whatever I get for it toward carseats and/or my car.

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#207 of 1007 Old 02-07-2014, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

IRS money was in the accout this am.

took kiddo on a small field trip to the japaneese gardens and splurged in the gift shoppe. had lunch out (coupons). home now and gonna yarn for the afternoonn.

going to order my patio set tomorrorw. then move the $$ into savings and forget about it.

#208 of 1007 Old 02-07-2014, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

wow, how did you guys get your refunds so fast? I filed on the 31st with turbo tax and my estimated deposit date is the 20th?!  I am anxiously awaiting!

Single mama namaste.gif to dd dust.gifand ds fencing.gif, loving my dsd always reading.gif .
#209 of 1007 Old 02-07-2014, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Omg. Stbx just called to tell me that he is losing rank and may be kicked out of the army. I am depending on him paying child support to get us through my schooling. I feel like he's trying to get kicked out on purpose so he can go back to being a pot head living with his mom. Uggghhhh.

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#210 of 1007 Old 02-07-2014, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Oh no that is terrible news!

Tags
Frugality , Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page