Just a vent - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-02-2014, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just really need to vent about this.

We have been trying (and failing) to get out of debt for a long time now. Every single time we try to do it and get on a better path something major happens. In January my husband got a job upgrade. He was told he would be making double what he made at his job at the time. Once he started the new job, the pay went down by a significant amount but they said it would get up to the agreed upon rate in the next few months. Well today he found out they have no money and he is out of a job as of tomorrow. He has a paycheck coming tomorrow, and he has one coming next Friday. They said they want him to come back when they can get some money coming in but I am so pissed about it. We just restarted the baby steps not to long ago. I am in baby step 2 right now. I just paid off $2500 worth of credit cards today! And now this. Ugh I am not going to let this get me down though. I will not give up this time. We are getting out of debt and we are going to stay out of debt!!!! Sorry I just needed to vent. my Tahoe went into the shop a few days ago (we use it to haul our water, so no tahoe+no water!) and now this. Ugh Murphy needs to move the hell out of my house once and for all.

I hope everyone here has a wonderful day! I feel so much better just getting this off my chest, no one IRL understands.

#2 of 4 Old 04-02-2014, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Stay strong and hopeful! I'm sorry about what has happened today.
#3 of 4 Old 04-03-2014, 05:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

That seriously stinks, I hope he is able to find something else soon.

#4 of 4 Old 04-03-2014, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you both! Laura163 he has a few prospects, one for sure part time offer that he is going to take but its going to put us short by about 150 a week so he is looking for something better, but we will at least be able to afford food :-)!

Tags
Frugality , Finances

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page