FREE online magazines through my library! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

Old 07-26-2014, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
FREE online magazines through my library!

I was in my library on Friday (where I will usually sit and read several of my favorite magazines in the reading section) especially when they have someone playing the grand piano) and happened to pick up their notice that they now give instant access to zinio with all of its online magazines. Just set up my account and now I can get a feed of many of my favorite magazines that I cannot afford to buy or even to subscribe to.

This just totally rocked my day because I really like to read Oprah and Mother Earth News and lots of others, but can no longer justify the cost. I still will read in the library itself but my schedule is tight these days. So now I can read my favorite mags on my kindle before I go to sleep -- one of my favorite activies --- and for free! Seriously huge frugal living score... need to share and my irl friends would so not get this....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2014, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's great

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh
Old 07-30-2014, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Awesome! I wonder if my library has this - gotta check!

Breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling momma to two. 420/2014 items in decluttering challenge (643 items gone last year 2013, 625 gone in 2012) Ramsey's BS1 $86.88
Old 07-31-2014, 07:18 PM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Very cool! My library has a bunch of e-books available; really it seems half its collection, but I have never looked for magazines. One very cool aspect is that you can access these from home or wherever.

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

Old 08-06-2014, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thankyiu, Ems mom! I just checked my library website and what do I find? They have it too!

nerdy mom to DD1 7yo, D2 infant
Old 08-06-2014, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Mine has it too!! Awesome!!!

Old 08-07-2014, 05:50 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I was really excited about that and even hoola but neither one of them work on my Kindle Fire HDX. Adobe flash player is no longer supported for it. There is a work around but I couldn't get it to work.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl916 View Post
I was really excited about that and even hoola but neither one of them work on my Kindle Fire HDX. Adobe flash player is no longer supported for it. There is a work around but I couldn't get it to work.
that is so sad! I hate it when these stupid applications don't do what they are supposed to do. What is with that?

I will say that I find reading magazines on the kindle is not as satisfying as reading a paper on. e. But, still, the free from the library thing is very nice. Unfortunatley, we can only check out magazines at my library after the next issue comes out. Not that it usually matters about reading a slightly older issue but then people check them out and lose them, etc.

If you try again in a month or two you might find that the problem with the kindle fire HDX has been corrected. Hope so!

User Tag List