Sizzling Savings! The August No/Low Spending Challenge - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 25Likes

#1 of 63 Old 07-29-2014, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Sizzling Savings! The August No/Low Spending Challenge

Here's something a bit different, because I think it will make a difference in how this thread can help keep us accountable and disciplined.

The goal of this thread is helping you spend and save your money in a conscientious, meaningful, intentional way, whether that is a little, a lot, or none at all! It has motivated so many of us in the past, and it can again!

Here are some new ways to challenge yourself using this thread:

1. My goal for this month...

2. My long term goals...

3. My challenges....

4. How I will use this thread...

You can check in daily, check in weekly, check in as you remember. You can set a savings goal, limit spending, track expenses in one area. You can use smileys or not; you can use this thread in whatever way is helpful. The support, feedback and accountability is wonderful!

For those of you who want the old set up, here it is:
Quote:
This is a support thread to help you not spend your money.

Everyone is welcome to join and you can start tracking your spending at any time. It doesn't have to be August, NOW is a good time to start.

The plan is simple (although tough to execute):

1. Vow not to spend any money on unnecessary purchases.

2. Come on here and record your spending. We all record our spending in different ways. There are no rules. You record and update however you would like -- pick a way that will help you spend the least amount of money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please write an introductory message when you decide to join our thread. We would like to know:

a. Who you are

b. Where you are going (your financial goals) and

c. How you plan to get there

Good luck MDCers!! Keep that money in your wallet.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#2 of 63 Old 07-29-2014, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Continue pursuing my goals from July. That was to create a budget around what we bring home. All the informatio is now available to me, I just need to sit down and work it out. I want to track our grocery budget especially, and bring the family around to collectively stick to a low food bill.

2. My long term goals...
We need to get a car in the spring. I want to end the winter with at least as much money in the bank as what we start with and still be able to keep the girls in their activities.

3. My challenges....
We are self employed and homeschooling so we effectively have one income, and dh's work is seasonal and the bulk of our spending is in the winter when we are not bringing in income. It's hard to create a workable budget when we do not have predictable income year to year, let along month to month or week to week.

I might use it to more actively track spending, but at least I'm going to check in weekly to assess how I'm progressing towards my goals for this month.

See you around!
pumabearclan likes this.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#3 of 63 Old 07-29-2014, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
1. My goal for this month... Continue tracking our budget for leaks and wants/needs that need to be taken care of so we can address these items. We have some major repairs we want to do to our vehicle soon and we need to save the money for this as well.

2. My long term goals... Pay off all of our debt and lower our monthly expenses so we can afford to live on less and be better prepared with savings when things come up. Save money to buy/build a house.

3. My challenges.... I still need to replace/change a lot of things here to meet my crunchy goals and while that'll save us money it will cost us money to start so I need to work on that list. Small spending is an issue as well.

4. How I will use this thread... I will use this thread to track my spending and my list of wants & needs to get taken care of. I did very well keeping up with the new format in July so I want to stay in this thread in August also.

For August so far the plan is to continue to track the budget for leaks and to assess dh's spending and gas budget so we can get better numbers there. It is coming up on sports season as well so we definitely need to start doing better with the small spending so it doesn't get out of hand at the ball field. We are also planning a camping trip for dh's week home this month. I need to get things we need for the trip ready and hopefully without spending too much money. We talked about needing a new tent but I'm going to check it out again and see if I can repair it instead to save the money. Even so the repairs will need to be made, a list for other items needs to be made and there's shopping to do pre-trip. I have already started a list of items to be purchased this month so I'm hoping to stay on track.
pumabearclan likes this.

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#4 of 63 Old 07-29-2014, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Since the week has begun, even though August isn't quite here, I'm going to be keeping closer track, though not necessary daily. I might miss a few days or a whole lot, but it will still be helpful.

Here's a few of the smileys to keep track, depending on my mood and whims.

= poor spending, or unavoidable and depressing expenses
= neutral to positive spending
= no spending, made our own fun at home AND had a no-spend

This week's goal is to stay home with the kiddos as much as possible, figure our average monthly income for the last 2 years, and estimate our potential income for the rest of the year, add up all bills and expenses minus groceries. Next week, make a grocery budget from that information.

Week 1:

Frugal things I've done this week so far:

Ate out of the garden, made bread and a big pot of beans, STAYED HOME
pumabearclan likes this.

Last edited by SweetSilver; 07-29-2014 at 12:51 PM.
#5 of 63 Old 07-30-2014, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Had another good day today. Staying home really keeps the spending down! I posted on the July thread that I had time to figure a workable monthly average for our income, so I'm not as far behind my July goals as I had hoped.

Time to defrost the chest freezer after letting it dwindle down, now it's cleaned and I'm not turning it on again until what I put in the little freezer is mostly gone. And when I mean little, I mean little! It's about 3 cubic feet, if that. I love my tiny fridge. It's duel fuel for the extended power outages we can get here, and absolutely silent, always.
pumabearclan likes this.

#6 of 63 Old 07-30-2014, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Bring my % spent within monthly goal

2. My long term goals...
Surplus at year's end

3. My challenges....
As usual, we've spent more than 50% of this year's grocery budget; we rely on garden produce & freezer stock to balance the remainder. No splurging!

Motivation
#7 of 63 Old 07-30-2014, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

HA! Oops. Frugality getting in the way of frugality....

Ended up plugging in freezer anyhow because that big pot-o-beans needs freezing. Our tiny fridge can't accommodate the influx of beanage.

But the stuff that needs using stays upstairs. The water bottles frozen in there are getting cycled out and refreshed and I'm picking up some ice bags for homemade dairy-free ice cream. Now that's worth plugging it back in!

#8 of 63 Old 07-31-2014, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just a bit about me, I'm Jenn, homeschooling mom to 6 under 10yrs. I come and go on these threads throughout the year, often times I'm 'gone' when I'm not being diligent about our spending or working towards our financial goals

-cut the unnecessary spending
-take inventory of our freezers and pantry
-put up 21qts of peach halves
-put together our "Bug Out Bags"- DH and I have been evaluating our "preparedness" and I think our first step is to focus on our 72hr kits.

2. My long term goals...
-complete Dave Ramsey's baby steps- we're working towards being consumer debt free (Baby step 2) by the end of 2015

3. My challenges....
-I burn out pretty quickly on frugality. I have a tendency to push really hard for bursts of time and then my burn out turns to overspending. It's a vicious cycle I'm trying to break.
-striking a balance and teaching that balance to my children.

Motivation and accountability. Not sure exactly how that will play out, though.
pumabearclan likes this.

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#9 of 63 Old 07-31-2014, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Week 1:

Spent a lot of money today, but most of it was on our new woodstove, a birthday daypack, photos from Costco, belts for the girls' 4-H show outfits (thankfully they still fit in last year's shirts and they now have black jeans). I packed lunch, bought few groceries. Really proud of myself today. It's almost harder to spend money well than to not spend it. Almost.

It took me a while to settle on what to do with my birthday money, and I really wanted a stand-alone day pack, instead of the scrunchable one I bought to squash into a full-size one. Lots of good clearance prices everywhere!

ETA: and dinner came almost completely from the garden tonight! We've been planning our meals much more mindfully. This is going to help, if we can keep it up.

#10 of 63 Old 08-02-2014, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSilver View Post
Week 1:
I'm going to get some ice to help fill the freezer and give us some ready ice for making ice cream. All in all, we kept this week's food bill down to $150, but that's with produce in the garden, eggs from the coop, and eating things that need eating up. (I need to get my girls to eat more eggs!) Stayed home most of the week.

Other than the ice, hoping for a no-spend weekend. Met this weeks goals, and in spades! Next week will be tricky as we will be driving back and forth to fair every day starting Tuesday, I need to pay for our fair passes, and let the girls have fun on Thursday, the "cheap ride" day and the day both dh and I come to watch them show their chickens.
pumabearclan likes this.

#11 of 63 Old 08-02-2014, 12:56 PM

Well we've started August! Same as usual here I start my month off spending and paying bills. That's okay though.

1st:
31.81 Grocery items and dog food
31.91 Thriftbooks order for homeschool books
6.46 Snacks and movie rental at general store (This is my only )

2nd: ? Nothing yet but the day isn't over.

This month will be a getting a lot of spending for the wants/needs list plus we have a vacation. I expect August to be a big spend month from all this but I want to be conscious about it. So far from July and August the biggest thing I'm seeing an issue with is drinks and snacks out of the house. I need to get us reusable bottles for drinks and figure out something with the snacks. I'm considering a toaster oven so I can bake again but idk yet. That would make grab and go snacks a lot easier. I need to work on the snack issue! The other thing we spend on regularly is movie rentals. This is our only/main form of entertainment but it's a regular leak. I'm thinking about getting a tv antenna again so we will have a small amount of free programming. Maybe that will cut down on the movie rentals. Hmm....

#12 of 63 Old 08-02-2014, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyms View Post
I need to work on the snack issue!
Man oh man we do to! It's crazy how much we spend on snack-y stuff! Summer is the worst for it as well in some ways because of camping and fair busy-ness etc. But we also have longer chunks spent going nowhere, so maybe it balances out? Getting to the store is not so easy where we live. If we stay home, "snacks" means huckleberries!
crazyms likes this.

#13 of 63 Old 08-02-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Man oh man we do to! It's crazy how much we spend on snack-y stuff! Summer is the worst for it as well in some ways because of camping and fair busy-ness etc. But we also have longer chunks spent going nowhere, so maybe it balances out? Getting to the store is not so easy where we live. If we stay home, "snacks" means huckleberries!
That's us too. We live out in the country so when we're staying at home it's fine. It's when we leave the house that it's a problem. I guess summer probably is worse with all the running around. Fall is really bad for us though with it being soccer season so I need to get a grip quick before that starts!
SweetSilver likes this.

#14 of 63 Old 08-02-2014, 07:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hey everyone-

Joining the thread- I have pretty ambitious financial goals that I hope to accomplish. The irony is that I've waited until our income is being slashed in half to start implementing OPERATION PAY OFF STUPID CREDIT CARDS!! I'm quitting my job at the beginning of September to stay home and homeschool my 3 kids. I don't care if we go bankrupt in the process. My family needs me at home and to hell with everything else. However, I hope with due diligence and careful planning, we can not only survive, but also pay off a lot of debt too! I will still be working 2 days a week. My plan is to use my income solely for paying off debt.

MY GOAL FOR THIS MONTH- Pay off half of our largest credit card. Don't spend unnecessary money. Also need to switch from AT&T cell plan to Cricket, which should save us almost $100/month. Means I will no longer get internet on my phone, but I don't care.

MY LONG TERM GOALS- Pay off all our credit cards within 18 months.

MY CHALLENGES- Unfortunately, this month will see a lot of extra expenses- A birthday, house guests, and some homeschool classes for my daughter, plus school supplies. I also have to work out a student loan deferment. I'm not sure how that will go- I've already had it deferred once! My loan payment is almost $500/month! I can't afford that- even if I kept my full time job! Not with all the credit card payments (and that's just paying minimum each month).

HOW I WILL USE THIS THREAD- Motivation, and accountability. Although this is my first post in this forum, I've been reading for awhile now, and it's already helped. For instance, I was tempted to go out and buy a sundress or some new shorts to wear to my company picnic tomorrow- I convinced myself I needed something new to wear since it's been unusually hot - 90 degrees- and I don't have many summer clothes. I have two dresses, but one is see through and needs a slip to wear underneath, (which I don't have), and the other is a little too long and I step on it all the time when I have to do a lot of walking (picnic is at the zoo). But then I logged on here and read about everyone's frugality and it helped me clear my head about it all. I put together a cute outfit today out of stuff I already had- A cute tank top that's always been a little too big but my husband the genius just tied the straps so it fits better, and some old shorts that will work just fine, plus a cute head wrap thing that I haven't worn in ages but looks cute and will keep my hair off my face in the heat. Plus a light sweater that I bought at goodwill while ago and has turned into one of my favorite pieces . I'm so glad I didn't go out and spend money on clothes!!!
#15 of 63 Old 08-02-2014, 11:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Glad to see a broader thread this month. I have used the No-Spend in the past to get through some really tricky spots, but I can't go on like that long term. I like to stock up on good deals and I am not ALWAYS trying to keep my spending as low as possible each and every month, just to use what I have carefully.

1. My goal for this month... Is to cut as much discretionary spending as possible AND cut our food budge in half or more.

2. My long term goals... We are trying to save a downpayment for a house!

3. My challenges.... I am pregnant with #4 and keep a.) buying nonsense that I am craving or b.) buying convenience food because I am too tired to cook.

4. How I will use this thread... I am going to check in with my progress at least once a week but hopefully more and share whatever steps I have accomplished into "convenience food proofing" our home including intentorying the pantry (in progress), putting up some freezer meals, making a meal plan. etc.
crazyms and pumabearclan like this.

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#16 of 63 Old 08-03-2014, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Week 1:

Pretty durn good week!

I find this editor annoying.

Going out to pick up ice and hay today. Need to calculate what I'm going to be spending next week. It's going to be a doozy if I'm not very careful. We'll burn up the gas, lean on snacks and restaurants and worst of all fair food (but oooohhhhh they make the best gyros I've ever had!) If I plan it, it will be easier to take because then it will be in the BUDGET

#17 of 63 Old 08-03-2014, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Why is it that when I start planning meals I gain weight?

I grew up not making myself lunches and going without food at school to your garden-variety high school anorexia to vagabonding with no money.... I don't think this body is cut out for eating 3 square meals a day. How many decades of healthy food supply does it take to undo decades of mistreatment?

This is why I hate making dinner...... grumblegrumblegrumble

#18 of 63 Old 08-03-2014, 11:03 AM

Welcome FortuneTeller and xekomaya!

I made it through yesterday with the first no spend for August! Today won't be so lucky. Dh called and the starter went out on his truck. He's going to buy a new one this afternoon. Ugh.

So far this month - Week 1:
31.81 Groceries
31.91 Budgeted Spend
6.46 Unbudgeted

No Spend 1/31

#19 of 63 Old 08-03-2014, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Why is it that when I start planning meals I gain weight?

I grew up not making myself lunches and going without food at school to your garden-variety high school anorexia to vagabonding with no money.... I don't think this body is cut out for eating 3 square meals a day. How many decades of healthy food supply does it take to undo decades of mistreatment?

This is why I hate making dinner...... grumblegrumblegrumble

Have you ever looked into CRON? Calorie Restriction Optimal Nutrition. Usually it is a vegetable/lactovegetarian diet. We eat CRON via high-fat paleo.

I really do believe that most people eat too many calories. I think we can eat probably 2/3 of our "recommended" calories without poor health (in fact, while gaining health) as long as we meet the "optimal nutrition" aspect. If you actually track the portions and nutrition contained in each serving you may find that you are are making & serving too much food. If you add 1 tsp of ghee or chicken fat to any meal you are adding a whopping 45cal to any dish. I make up our meals in a 15oz oven-safe dish. Each entree is about the size of a restaurant appetizer. We eat 2 of these meals a day with a small snack at lunch. With adequate fat & raw herbs, also physical conditioning to eat required portion sizes an not overeat, a person can maintain a slim weight and ease stress on the organs. Low-carb and carb reduction is the most important health-saving technique available, IMO. It also saves money.

I agree that 3 meals a day is not healthy or necessary, especially with low-carb.
crazyms and SweetSilver like this.
#20 of 63 Old 08-03-2014, 11:27 PM

Today's total: $133.25 grocery, $105.66 - school supplies and dd's bday gift, $8.07 - snacks and drinks ... again Paid the rent too

All in all not a bad day. I was a little shocked at the store by the total but then I realized I had $20 just with printer ink so I guess it wasn't too bad. Those darn snacks and drinks again though ugh. Dh has spent some as well but I'll have to total his spending later since it can take time for his charges to hit the bank. Tomorrow I have to buy car parts, pay for my cell and pay for DS's soccer. Hoping to not spend other than that!

Week 1 total:
165.06 Groceries
137.57 Budgeted Spend
14.53 Unbudgeted

No Spend 1/31

#21 of 63 Old 08-04-2014, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Started the week off quietly with a small stop for groceries and cat food. Bought smoothies for the girls but no snacks because this next week we'll have plenty.

Good news/bad news kind of day. A friend called asking if I would be available to start helping her one day a week. Se owns an organic bedding company with her workshop in our little town. It would be cleaning once a week on Sundays while they are closed. This is a big deal financially for us. Even if I lowball the figure, it would boost our yearly income significantly and perhaps enough to not fret over winter work. I told her yes yes yes, but she needs to get back to me to work out details. This would be almost zero commute time for me (usual commute time to where the work is-- 45 minutes one way)

This afternoon, I get a call from a client that she's switching to a housekeeper that had a waiting list. I'm bummed about the money ($200-$300 per month) but because they were so inflexible with their schedule, wanting me only on Wednesdays, which is our Girl Scout night (and I'm one of the main leaders). Working that schedule last spring was a bitch. So, I'm both disappointed and relieved and it makes getting this new position all the more important.

So, yeah, good news, bad news. The last time I thought I had it made in the shade with my income, I lost my main client and went from making $8000 in one year to making $2000 the next. Gah! The joys of self-employment!

Week 2:

#22 of 63 Old 08-04-2014, 06:56 PM

So far we are doing ok. DH is very frustrated with some aspects of our living situation. I am sorry it is so frustrating for him (he has to deal with our landlord!) but it has put him right on the same page with me for saving. We were planning on starting to look for houses spring of '16 or later and thinking we could live in this house about 5 years if we needed to, but IF we can get our ducks in a row, a house is coming up for sale this coming spring. Not sure we can really hit our down payment goals that fast, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I did an inventory of the pantry. Still need to do the freezers very very badly. We have eaten out of our fridge & pantry 3 meals a day so far this month but that is only 4 days so not much of an accomplishment yet I did use up some straggler bags of GF flours, frozen bananas, powdered eggs, & stale walnuts to make a really good banana bread today. It is a huge treat around here to get sugary baked goods so the kids were thrilled. I am trying to come up with more recipes to make out of the pantry but it is crazy hard. We are in a fasting time at church so, although I am not fasting (preggers), DH expects a vegan meal. We can't eat wheat & he can't eat beans so it feels like there is practically nothing left to create a meal of substance... then trying to add the constraints of what is already & the pantry and cheap.. gah. Only 10 more days of that at least.

So far I have made:
Greek salad (mostly from the garden)
Quinoa Black Bean Enchilada bake (modified for certain people)
A quinoa patty recipe
thai curry with frozen veggies over rice.
And lots and lots of oatmeal

#23 of 63 Old 08-04-2014, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

We are going to be eating a lot of potatoes this week! Not only did we have plenty from the store, our garden kicked out a fair harvest of Yukon Golds. So, taters taters taters. We'll start with fish chowder, which can go dairy for me, non-dairy for dd9 and we will use the last bit of lingcod from the freezer, plus 2 small, leftover cartons of cream that are going to butter in the fridge.

Still more berries to harvest and one more morning to do it. We're eating pancakes tomorrow midmorning with huckleberries and I'm making brown sugar syrup. The syrup is so delicious and economical, you don't even have to add maple flavoring, though some might prefer it. Works best with dark brown sugar, especially the super-dark organic stuff:

Brown Sugar Syrup: make in any amount. Add less water for thicker syrup, more for thinner.

2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup water

Place on the stove in a medium pot. Do not overfill! Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. (Watch carefully here-- syrup can boil over easily.) Set aside to cool slightly. Add mapleine or vanilla if desired 1/4tsp-1 tsp or to taste. Use right away or store.

This recipe came from my MIL, who doesn't remember she ever told me she used brown sugar (but she did) and that's what she did differently from her mom, who used white sugar and flavoring. Good Depression-era cooking!

#24 of 63 Old 08-04-2014, 07:40 PM

Today: Paid DS's soccer and bought car parts that I had to have. Spent $8.39 on snack/drink for the kids plus movie rental. Yep we did it again. I'm bad bad about this. Really though we brought snacks for the trip and bought something for movie time tonight so it's a slight improvement... kinda.

Week 1 total:
165.06 Groceries
14.53 Unbudgeted

Week 2 total:
5.22 Groceries
3.17 Unbudgeted Spend

No Spend 1/31

Ugh this is going to be a very spendy month! If I can just keep the unnecessary purchases under control I'll consider it a success though. Dang... is it bad of me to already be ready for September?

Last edited by crazyms; 08-04-2014 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Had my calculations wrong except for the unbudgeted which is all I really need to track here so I'll fix it later.
#25 of 63 Old 08-04-2014, 07:51 PM

OT: xekomaya are you Orthodox? A friend is Orthodox and also vegetarian and GF/DF. She's been having a time getting together meals also. Her little one doesn't fast either since he's Type 1 Diabetic. She's making two meals regularly and can't wait til the 15th to be over!

SweetSilver - nice recipe! I make a simple syrup at home for adding to cold brew tea. Lately though I've been using a little agave nectar in RRLT since I can use less of it than the syrup and I'm trying to cut back on sweets.

#26 of 63 Old 08-05-2014, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

The last of the frugal days. Mileage for the month was around 80 miles until I drove off to drop our birds off at the fair today. Scheduled all our barn duty and ran out of time to plan the first day of snacks and lunches already, so we'll be using our planned stop at the local diner for that day. I hope that's not just the beginning of the excuses!

Made my half-n-half into vanilla flavored for my coffee. Cheaper and without the additives, even "organic" ones. Made a boatload of pancakes to fill some bellies, including mine. Planned to make treats, but ran out of time today.

Bought exhibitor passes for both girls and one adult and 3 day passes plus parking, $65. Time to make some dinner....

#27 of 63 Old 08-05-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyms View Post
OT: xekomaya are you Orthodox? A friend is Orthodox and also vegetarian and GF/DF. She's been having a time getting together meals also. Her little one doesn't fast either since he's Type 1 Diabetic. She's making two meals regularly and can't wait til the 15th to be over!
Yup we are. I just figure my fast is cooking twice and the crazy effort it takes to get food on the table. At least we get a break tomorrow and get to eat fish!

We did really well today. I didn't leave the house and therefore didn't spend any money. I put off a much needed Costco trip because I don't have a good enough list. Won't have time to go tomorrow so it will have to be Thursday. I really just want to buy (gluten free) bread and fruit and maybe some canned tomatoes to get us through a couple weeks but I know if I go without a list I will either forget something and need to drive all the way back, or buy too much.

On the tails of our landlord drama came big exciting news today. We may be able to buy the house we are looking at much sooner and less expensively than we had thought, perhaps even later this year. We will know more this week.
StillMe likes this.

#28 of 63 Old 08-05-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xekomaya View Post
Yup we are. I just figure my fast is cooking twice and the crazy effort it takes to get food on the table. At least we get a break tomorrow and get to eat fish!
I thought so Yeah my friend is all excited about having salmon tomorrow and not having to think too hard about dinner tomorrow night. That's great news about the house! I hope it goes well for you.

SweetSilver - good luck with the fair! Let's hope you can make it through without too much spent.

We didn't spend today other than putting gas in the vehicle and an extra $1.25 movie rental fee because I forgot to bring the rental to town with us ugh. I did get the $21 core charge returned from the car part though AND found $47 in an old purse decluttering so yay!!! I'm trying now to plan our packing and meal list for our trip next week so I can get buy without spending a fortune. Let's hope anyways...

#29 of 63 Old 08-06-2014, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Fair--

Day before: $65 exhibitor and parking passes
Day 1: $23 promised eat-out w/tip, $5 w/tip coffee shake

Promised the girls $5 to spend on pony rides or whatever else they want. Tomorrow is show day and 1-ticket fair rides and family showing up. Crossing my fingers they will pay for some lunch

#30 of 63 Old 08-06-2014, 07:31 PM

Low key today. Spent $36.65 at the store getting a few household items we needed plus a few outfits for DD that I found on sale. Not too bad I guess. Seriously dreading this trip coming up with the budget. I'm working on the packing/shopping list to try to keep it under control and honestly it's just causing stress. Blah.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page