Need tips for building up bank account-- or I'll be overdrawn soon! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-04-2015, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Need tips for building up bank account-- or I'll be overdrawn soon!

I lost my ft job several months ago, and have been looking with no success. I have a tiny pt job, some child support, and (as of a few days ago) I have food stamps, too.

Even if I don't withdraw a cent, the money in my bank account will not cover the bills coming due Feb. 1. I do have a credit card, which I'll use if I have to, but I don't want to fall down that hole if I can avoid it!

I am very frugal already. I don't have much left worth selling. I do babysit, and tutor, when I can, but that well has been pretty dry, lately. I need some QUICK ways to get money-- every little bit helps.

All suggestions appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-05-2015, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoe Gozen View Post
I lost my ft job several months ago, and have been looking with no success. I have a tiny pt job, some child support, and (as of a few days ago) I have food stamps, too.

Even if I don't withdraw a cent, the money in my bank account will not cover the bills coming due Feb. 1. I do have a credit card, which I'll use if I have to, but I don't want to fall down that hole if I can avoid it!

I am very frugal already. I don't have much left worth selling. I do babysit, and tutor, when I can, but that well has been pretty dry, lately. I need some QUICK ways to get money-- every little bit helps.

All suggestions appreciated!

Maybe you look and see if there are any plasma banks or labs, my brother in law makes pretty good money selling plasma and participating in studies. Anything you can sell on craigslist?
I am wanting to start cleaning houses part time. Does anyone have experience or tips they would share about getting started, getting clients?
#3 of 4 Old 01-07-2015, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
A good friend of mine and her husband sell plasma monthly. They each make about $250 and it helped pay off their student debt.

Pax, loving wife since 2001, Mother of DD1 (12) and DD2 (8 1/2). Entering our 5th year of Homeschooling: Eclectic mix of curriculum and child interest lead. Backyard urban chicken chasers.
#4 of 4 Old Today, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started padding my accounts by doing some online selling. I did have some additional startup costs but not what I was expecting. I sell to friends, coworkers and post in Instagram and facebook. Not very hard. I earn several hundred extra a month.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page