2016 Low Income Support Thread - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

92Likes

#421 of 430 Old 11-06-2016, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Is everyone doing alright? We survived Halloween and T-day is fast approaching. I don't have plans for T-day and may not even cook anything special at this point.

Xmas looks to be simple and focus on needs and consumables at this point. Kid is now 16 and pretty much past the stage of wanting 'stuff'.

It appears that we are safe with our rental and the panic of possibly having to move is over. I should be able to stay here, the new owner should take possession in about a week, keep the same property mgt co and rent should remain close to the same at renewal time.

I ordered the first present last week (lego.com) had a deal so that is one less thing to worry about. Yes kid is still a huge lego fan.

Mom to J and never ending 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 the year of peace and tranquility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 430 Old 11-07-2016, 06:01 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
In Canada we are saved the insanity of turkey day being so close to xmas (in many places there could be snow in November so it wouldn't make a lot of sense for us) , but there were/are a lot of birthdays around this time for us personally. My sons bday is 1 month after xmas, so I have to consider both simultaneously Gah!! Also people are burned out after xmas, my son has burned a lot of bridges by then. For some reason, my sons behaviour deteriorates around xmas to the point that you want to ship him off to the North Pole (also you tend to get the mid year report card from school then LOL). It kind of kills the whole seasonal spirit, whatever was left after losing numerous relatives (some recently). I also work seasonally, so things can get a bit pinched. Honestly anticipating the holidays with some trepidation. I tried one year to make some PJ pants for my kid and he never wore them. Last year he got a (free-ish) ping pong table (for his birthday I think) whether he liked it or not.
#423 of 430 Old 11-09-2016, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

The holidays are fast approaching. I need to get a box out for my sisters birthday and another toxic relative birthday in the next week or so. Sister is getting a scarf/shawl set and toxic person is going to end up with a gift card. I am not in the mood for any of this right now.

The weather has turned warm again and the a/c is back on. Nothing feels like the holiday season here. A feeling of gloom and sadness has settled over the house.

#424 of 430 Old 11-12-2016, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post
Is everyone doing alright? We survived Halloween and T-day is fast approaching. I don't have plans for T-day and may not even cook anything special at this point.

Xmas looks to be simple and focus on needs and consumables at this point. Kid is now 16 and pretty much past the stage of wanting 'stuff'.

It appears that we are safe with our rental and the panic of possibly having to move is over. I should be able to stay here, the new owner should take possession in about a week, keep the same property mgt co and rent should remain close to the same at renewal time.

I ordered the first present last week (lego.com) had a deal so that is one less thing to worry about. Yes kid is still a huge lego fan.
Oh Zebra!!!! I am so happy and relieved for you that you get to keep your rental!!! ❤
#425 of 430 Old 11-16-2016, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah- I haven't heard anything from property mgnt so I'm going on like we are staying.
I'm not much in the mood for T-day so kid and I will probably venture out to 'dennys' where all the single parents hang out in pity LOL. Then maybe head to the movies. I know Target is having super sales that thursday/friday so I have some money set aside for movies/video games and things he wants to get.

I need to get a packaged mailed back east today (tomorrow am at the lastest), there are 2 bdays next week and tday that i need to get stuff there for. I have been so mentally unwell the past several weeks that I haven't been able to think about much.

I have one week left for this class I'm taking then we roll right to the next one. I am finishing an 8 week class on Addictions and substance abuse to be followed by 8 weeks of Group counseling therapy theory. We do get a 2 week reprieve for the holiday.

Things just keep rolling along here. Somehow I manage to keep it all together.

#426 of 430 Old 11-26-2016, 06:30 AM

Hope everyone had a yummy Thanksgiving!!!

Been MIA lately....working my butt off trying to stay ahead of the bill collectors...so I have been working as many hours as I can..Christmas is going to be small this year ....the bills, van expenses and doctor and hospital copays are nipping at my heels constantly but thats okay...I am happy we still haveour home...

I had a large ovarian cyst rupture...ended up in the hospital so they could drain fluid off my stomach...I have had ruptures before but this one was the motherload...the pain was just unbeararable I am on painkillers and antibiotics...glad for a few days off of work right now....I am scared to death to get that bill..but I paid the 150$ copay while I was there so at least thats done...that money was meant for other things but it is what it is...

Staying home today to rest rest rest....I might bake some banana bread later for a treat....I am letting L have generous Kindle time today to keep her from being restless cooped up while I get the rest I need...

I hope everyone is doing okay....I pray for you all!!!!
#427 of 430 Old 11-27-2016, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Mylie- glad you are recovering and nothing too serious happened. Focus on getting better- the medical bills can wait. Possibly the hospital has a charity office that can help you when the bills start to arrive?

We are hanging in there. Obviously survived the holiday and are pushing on-ward now. Remember that 'friend' who was draining all my energy several months ago. Well the energy zapper is back in full force. I'm rebuilding boundaries and finding a backbone again. She had the nerve to call me on t-day and announce she was 'on her way over'. Well remember, I was taking kid to Denny's and we were going to do a bit of shopping. I DIDN'T cook and I was not entertaining. I was strong enough to send her to another Denny's and tell her I wasn't home and I didn't cook. That felt empowering and I didn't have guilt. BTW I totally scored some t-shirts for kid at old navy for 50% off the entire store on t-day.

My next session of online class began on T-day, its not going smoothly and there is drama IMO. When the actual campus and offices open Monday I need to call them. Im not sure if I"m in the wrong section of the class or I don't have access to everything. But something is amiss and for almost 2k per class I have higher expectations. Plus classes are 8 weeks and move quickly, basically loosing 5 days here isn't really ok.

#428 of 430 Old 12-18-2016, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

The year is almost over. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm so happy to hear Mylie is on the mend.

#429 of 430 Old 12-19-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post
The year is almost over. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm so happy to hear Mylie is on the mend.
Thank you Zebra!!!!
#430 of 430 Old 12-22-2016, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

I am so ready for 2016 to be over. Don't get me wrong, compared to past years 2016 was decent, actually 'good' and I was able to cope pretty well. I just want a fresh start again.

I need to finish getting ready for the holiday. There is more wrapping to get done, I need to finish kiddo blanket (going strong but ...ugh)

Today is beautiful - In my world its: windy, cloudy, rained this morning and is a cool 60-something degrees. Winter has arrived for a few days The windows are open and the house is finally airing out.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page