Mothering Forum banner

May low/no spend

2K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  zebra15 
#1 ·
Here we go again.

#4 · (Edited)
5/1 not leaving the house- no spend, no drive...

5/2 plans to stay home so hopefully no spend and no drive. i did order my free monthly book from amazon prime/kindle

5/3 didnt leave the house no drive, no spend!

5/4 supposed to meet friend for yarn and lunch, putting $10 limit on this and hoping to get away with only getting soda
$7 lunch, $15 target, $7 snacks while out for stress. not terrible.

5/5 art club, already paid for and hopefully i can get away with out stopping while out (we do need ice $2)
5/6 appointment and payment
5/7 groceries $100 ouch
5/8 no drive, no spend !
5/9 appoint and payment
5/10
5/11
5/12 art club and lunch $10
5/13
5/14 groceries $$
5/15 hopeuflly no spend, no drive
5/16 no appt , no payment!/

#5 ·
I'm in!

5/1: No spend, no drive
5/2: No drive. Spent $5 on homeschool
5/3 .... we'll see what the total brings today. I have to go out for groceries so we'll see.

#6 · (Edited)
I'm in!

5/1: No spend, no drive
5/2: No drive. Spent $5 on homeschool
5/3: Groceries - no unbudgeted spending.
5/4: No spend/no drive
5/5: No spend/no drive
5/6: No spend/no drive
5/7: No spend/no drive
5/8: $11 on diy project for homeschool supplies. Some grocery spending and meds since we caught a cold. No budgeted though.
5/9: No spend/no drive
5/10: No spend/no drive
5/11: No spend/no drive
5/12: No spend/no drive
5/13: $13 on one adult beverage each for me and sis at a much needed girls' night out. :)
5/14: Groceries/household $137. Another $290 on registration for kids' summer activities. $10 at community yard sale getting a couple of books and some kids clothes. Very good finds!
5/15: No driving (since I rode with my sister) but did spend a small amount today. Groceries/no unbudgeted.
5/16: Online bill paying. No unbudgeted spending yay! No driving either.
5/17: $13 on printer toner. Necessary homeschool purchase
5/18: No spend/no drive
5/19: $10 on dog's meds; paid on some bills
5/20: No spend; no drive
5/21: ?? I don't even know how much we spent. Festival day. It was worth it though :)
5/22: $25 on household items; $20 on homeschool items.
5/23: $5 on car part for dhs' Jeep; no drive
5/24:

Doing okay so far. I haven't had any crazy spending. I haven't closely tracked either though but may do a more closely tracked budget next month. I am doing well with budgeted/unbudgeted but would like to get a better handle on our grocery budget. I definitely need to do more meal planning. :thumb

#7 ·
Well shucks! @zebra15 looks like it's just me and you this month. How's it going over there? I'm not tracking as closely as I wanted but I have been more conscious of my spending since joining in with the challenge again. I'm working up a menu to better meal plan for next month. I know the groceries are the biggest money suck here.

#8 ·
Hi- Its' going over here... Having alot more no drive days, because i simply cannot leave the house due to anxiety. IDK if thats good or bad LOL. Medical is way out of control again. I really havent had any unplanned spending. I havent gone anywhere.

June is going to be a big hit month. We both need hair appointments, I'm trying to squeeze a long weekend trip out of the budget, plus it starts to get really really hot here so the a/c bill skyrockets.

In other fun news my rental is on the market, yeah where I'm currently living, so there is a bit of expense with cleaning and fixing a few things we broke. Fun times all around. We are protected to stay here with my lease until the end of that- jan2017- so we shall see what actually happens with the new owner or if this place does sell? Im so not looking forward to setting up appointments iwth realtors, buyers, inspectors etc. I should ask for a rent credit for this hassle thats coming.

#9 ·
:( I'm sorry about the rental. I hope you can find something nice before the time is up. It is good you have some warning but moving can stink anyways. Did you find out if there is anything else in your complex?

Medical is a mess. We have some major? medical costs coming up and I'm not at all looking forward to it. I am trying to sort out insurance and expenses now to see what we're going to do. I'm hoping we can get medicaid but we'll see. I'm trying to get some other things out of the way before the appointments start. We have an out of state weekend trip coming up in July/Aug also to see my new nephew when he arrives. Next month I definitely have to stay on top of the budget!

#10 ·
I had several no drive days :), several no spend days but things are starting to ramp up again. 3 driving days in a row, all with spending.

I'm keeping my eyes open for rentals in this complex. I haven't heard anything about this one being listed yet- no one has called me to tell me anything.. ugh

#11 ·
I think I might need to get back on the wagon with this thread. I like the idea of tracking "no drive". It's been a while since I did one of these. They were increasingly frustrating and I decided it would be better for my nerves to focus less on something stressful. But, like anything, the need cycles back around and I need to make more of a conscious effort. I'll be lurking, and I'll be joining you next month!

Reactions: crazyms
#12 ·
Yay @SweetSilver! I have done these for years and I skip sometimes because they're too overwhelming but then I come back again :) I'm on a mission right now so I should be hanging around for a couple of months.
@zebra15 Good luck on the rental hunt. Hopefully they'll take their time listing and selling so you have longer to find something :)

Still ticking along here. Paying more bills today. Got the first credit card on my list paid off! I'm still debating if I want to hold onto my small savings or use it to pay off the other credit card. Ugh. I need to go grocery shopping today so will probably have more spending.

#13 ·
HI SweetSilver- Glad to see you over here.. How can we help you. this is NOT supposed to stress you out!!

Speaking of stressing out, my dr appt was awful. I'm seriously considering not ever going back to the ENT. I left the office fighting back tears. - Totally wasted a 'drive' day for this lol

#18 ·
HI SweetSilver- Glad to see you over here.. How can we help you. this is NOT supposed to stress you out!!
Everything stresses me out. :p

Hmmm... I don't know how you can help.... take my kids?

Really, I'm joking. But it's true I wind up spending far more with them than I would with 3 of me.

#14 ·
@zebra15 I'm sorry your appointment was so stressful! I've been looking at medical stuff all evening trying to find health care providers for us (we moved and haven't gotten providers yet) and prepare for all the testing, etc that is coming. I hope your next appointment is better. Is it just because of the results of the appointment or an issue with the doctor? If it's the latter is there any possibility of changing doctors?

#15 ·
i dont think there is going to be a 'next appointment'. i dont agree with his dx and this doc ENT , was a referral from my Neuro for one specific complaint - vertigo and the ENT has done everything under the sun but address the vertigo.
my neuro can handle the vertigo but he really wanted a second opinion to make sure he wasnt missing something. All the ENT has done is ramp up my anxiety and panic and make me question everything. He even had to nerve to ask me today 'if i really needed ativan'. ENT should not be messing with psych meds. enough said.

#16 ·
Wow yeah that's insane. I'm glad you have another doctor that can deal with it. I hope your other doctor does a better job!

#19 ·
Tires were expensive and exactly what they quoted me.
Today was the grocery and it was expensive. The teenager is eating again.
Seriously hoping for no drive/no spend on sunday and monday.

I'm feeling exhausted and a tiny bit defeated these days. Nothing in particular but yet everything if that makes sense. The summer is here, temps nearing 100, i' m feeling sluggish and i can feel the bones in my body creaking. Age has not been nice to me.

I have serious plans to remain on the couch with my yarn. A weekend of comfort.

#20 ·
A weekend on the couch with yarn sounds great. My basket of yarn is sitting abandoned and sad next to the couch with my winter wool throw. I need to find time to crochet or knit again. Too much to do right now though! I haven't tracked our spending very closely this month but at least being her has kept me more mindful so that helps. I'm hoping to track more closely in June. I have already paid June bills. Need to transfer money to pay a cc. Medical expenses are starting this week so that's going to be a great roller coaster the rest of the year. My brother comes next week, we are adding in some extra activities plus the kids' summer activities start next week. I have to get a meal plan and groceries in line or June is going to be a hot mess! I also need to make a list of household items/needs to be dealt with for tracking those expenses so they don't get out of hand. Yep it's time to rein everything back in here!

#21 ·
I need to do this for June! I can't believe how much we have been spending on groceries! It's really the only area to cut so I need to figure it out. We have 2 birthdays in June, I have budgeted already for them but need to stay within budget no matter what.

#22 ·
The a/c is on the fritz in the car. Last week it was tires to the tune of $600. I sure hope the a/c is still under warranty. It was 'only' 102 here today. a/c is not optional at this point. i have an appointment with the dealer on thursday at 8am.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.