Dave Ramsey spring/summer 2016 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

6Likes

#31 of 39 Old 09-21-2016, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Posting my goals for this fall for accountability.

Get my baby emergency fund up to $500 by the end of this month. I am going to leave it at $500 once it reaches that point. I found a good spot to hide the money where I wont get to it. Finally :-)

Currently the baby EF is at $327 - will be looking for ways to get that extra $173 over the next 9 days!

Next goal is to get current on all of my bills by October 31. I will need to find an extra $2,436 in the next 40 days. There are 5 bills that I am behind on. Will try to post as I knock them down.

Keep up the good work all !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
momma to two - (ages 18 and 5) 489/2017 items in decluttering challenge (816 items gone last year 2016) Ramsey's BS1 $10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 39 Old 09-30-2016, 04:43 PM

Goal of funding my baby EF to $500 achieved today! I am thrilled.

I had a plan for next month to get current on a few lagging bills One of my jobs is per diem so I signed up for a bunch of shifts for October. Yesterday, they called me to cancel me for EVERY shift I had signed up for. I understand why, but jeez there goes that plan. Sigh
#33 of 39 Old 10-06-2016, 07:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats at getting $500 in your Ef @orangemomma ! I am sad that I didn't catch this forum earlier in the summer. We recently started paying off our student loans-- we have a whopping $590K in student loans! (i went to law school, DH went to dental school). We are pretty much using the DR approach, with some small tweaks that fit our unique situation a little better. We share all of our tips and tricks on how we are paying off our huge chunk of debt at redtwogreen.com if you want to check it out!

#34 of 39 Old 10-13-2016, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Emergency fund? Yeah, that's not happening for a while. I thought I was going to have a little extra each month to put toward the fund and paying off debt, but I've been having to live off my credit card to get by. Got to either find something to give up or pull in more each month.

Cancer-beating, single mama to
DS (5-11) and
DD (8-13). Tomorrow is a new day.

(4-09)
(5-12)
#35 of 39 Old 10-31-2016, 09:19 AM

@mamapigeon - sorry to hear that. Hope that you have found a way to get a bit more money coming in.

I was able to pay extra on only one bill this month. I put an extra $94 on one of my student loans to get it current.

That still leaves 5 other bills that need to come current.

My deadline had been today 10/31 but I will now extend it to the last day of November. Onward I go !

momma to two - (ages 18 and 5) 489/2017 items in decluttering challenge (816 items gone last year 2016) Ramsey's BS1 $10
#36 of 39 Old 11-03-2016, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
@orangemomma Sorry you're going through the same thing. It's a hard battle.

I am still struggling financially, but I am happy. That counts for a lot to me. Things will be a little easier when my divorce is finalized and I don't have to pay a lawyer every month. I just have to find a way to keep paying my credit card and hope that my credit score doesn't take a hit.

Cancer-beating, single mama to
DS (5-11) and
DD (8-13). Tomorrow is a new day.

(4-09)
(5-12)
#37 of 39 Old 11-15-2016, 12:15 PM

I was able to pay off an old tax bill today - $926 worth! Phew. There's so much more to pay off still to get current - but I am working it.

@mamapigeon - glad you are happy !
mamapigeon likes this.

#38 of 39 Old 04-26-2017, 02:46 PM

Update -

I completed my payment plan with the IRS - phew! Got caught up on another bill in the amount of $510.

Still to go -

Mortgage late fees $450

Federal student loan $460 delinquent.

I can't keep my baby EF at $500 like DR says should be done. When I get that amount, I have been using it to pay delinquent bills. It just feels so much more satisfying and motivating this way.

My goal is to be current on all bills by the end of summer 2017 and THEN build up the baby EF. Backward but it works for me psychologically.

Also, I have not incurred any new debt in the past 12 months so I am feeling pleased for this.

#39 of 39 Old 04-29-2017, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemomma View Post
I have not incurred any new debt in the past 12 months so I am feeling pleased for this.
that is great.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page