June 13: cat litter; junk
June14: handful of groceries; kitten formula, dewormer
June 15: handful of groceies
June 16: handful of groceries
June 17: swimsuits; ate out; open swim
June 18: ate out; dad's days presents
June 19: frugal lunch out
June 20: more eating out
We ate out again yesterday but I kept it simple. I like to buy the girls fries when we go to counseling. Counseling sucks, basically, and this helps take the edge of it. I also spent at my knitting night, but kept it down under $10, plus a very generous tip because I was such a miser today. I wasn't obly trying to keep my spending down, I also am trying to watch my calories for a week, and I was basically left with one very small chicken taco to eat (plus a low-cal margarita, but these nights are special.)

Losing my ability to look ahead and plan, evertything is so crazy. We should be getting bunnies this week. Vet bill coming. Planning for out-of-town and trying to keep the housework from piling up too high, gearing up for school, visiting my nephew I haven't seen for years since he went off to college. My brain wants a vacation.

ETA: Correction to "only" up there, but I quite like "obly".

"She is a mermaid, but approach her with caution. Her mind swims at a depth most would drown in."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 104 Old 06-22-2016, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
6/19
6/20
6/21
6/22 sold some soap and a bike. The bike $ goes towards DSs next bike but still happy to have it gone

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (11 years old)
#93 of 104 Old 06-23-2016, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Quote:
June 1: handful of groceries
June 2: handful of snacks for girls; drive to 4-H
June 3: swimming; some expenses; couple of indulgences; handful of groceries
June 4: NOTHING
June 5: work; a couple of forgotten things
June 6: lunch out with girls; too much for knitting night
June 7: groceries (and tequila )
June 8: NOTHING
June 9: NOTHING
June 10: nothing to speak of
June 11: a handful of groceries
June 12: lunch
June 21: burrito; coffee; handful of groceries
June 22: NOTHING
Today we get our rabbits. Vet visit for the kittens. 3 more litterboxes because jeez louise....

"She is a mermaid, but approach her with caution. Her mind swims at a depth most would drown in."

#94 of 104 Old 06-23-2016, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi! I need to hop back in and join you. I'm worried about this weekend and spending. We have a big festival in town this weekend and our family goes all 3 days. It's one of the highlights of the year for me. But, it often means spending too. I don't worry about buying stuff from the vendors but I do worry about the food costs. It's so easy to be there and splurge on food! The festival runs all day long but I'm planning on making sure we eat a big breakfast at home and lunch too. That means we'll just be paying for dinner. I'm also going to talk to DS today. He doesn't really care about the food so maybe I could pack food for him and save the cost of a $$ hot dog. I need to set a budget for the weekend too. I'm also going to a concert next week out of town. Eek. This has been a spending month!!

To help balance this out, I'm planning to eat from the fridge and freezer until the end of the month, limit my trips to the stores, and take advantage of some free summer fun. I'm also NOT going to spend any money today.

Thanks for helping me think about how to save. I'm so glad to be here with you. Good luck everyone!

Spiral Chrissy, loving my life treehugger.gifread.gifhippie.gif, Mama to DS bouncy.gif (8/6/03), wife to DH guitar.gif, and hoping for another little bean dust.gifnamaste.gif
#95 of 104 Old 06-23-2016, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Well, long story short, DH gets a bunch more grants and loans for school if we get SNAP, so we applied and we ended up being awarded a whole $50/month (be still my beating heart). This will give us a bit more food money, which will translate into more wiggle room for other things. The entire welfare system in the US is so weird.

6/1 - Groceries ($5) and eating lunch out ($9)
6/2 - Nada
6/3 - Eating lunch out ($20) and paying for DH's transcripts ($6)
6/4 - Nada
6/5 - Ran out of honey so bought bulk honey and bulk beans ($65)
6/6 - Nada
6/7 - Got dishwasher tabs ($8) and produce for supper ($6)
6/8 - Nada
6/9 - Salsa, sour cream and cheese for supper ($10)
6/10 - Nada
6/11 - Nada
6/12 - Milk and cheese and antacids ($18)
6/13 - Eggs and seasonings ($5)
6/14 - Onion powder to make homemade ranch ($2)
6/15 - Nada
6/16 - Nada
6/17 - Kids gone, got fried chicken ($8)
6/18 - Kids gone, got DQ ($22)
6/19 - Nada
6/20 - Meat, cheese (lots) and fruit (lots) ($40 in EBT)
6/21 - Video rental via Amazon ($3)
6/22 - Gas & lunch for DH (45 min drive each way to get his loans and grants stuff taken care of) ($20)
6/23 - Milk ($10)

Check out my radio blog, Pagan Musings, and my writing (as Selina Wolfcat & Sarah Buhrman).
I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
#96 of 104 Old 06-23-2016, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
I have a free pass to the art museum but IDK if i really want to go today.Tickets are free from the library 'culture pass' program but there is the potential for lunch or dinner out depending on when we go. Its still very hot here, driving downtown. Free is relative I guess at this point.

I didn't get the extension on the electric bill so that is due no later than tomorrow.

We really need a field trip but I'm not in the mood, maybe a field trip will change my mood? catch 22??

Mom to J and never ending 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 the year of peace and tranquility.
#97 of 104 Old 06-23-2016, 09:01 PM

Oooh ouch. Today was bad. Mostly planned expenses, but also I decided to buy an iPad (been considering it, and I decided I wanted it for online classes so I don't tie up this computer or vice versa) and the price turned out to be reasonable. But XH had a number of expenses, so when I get to the vet's, the card was declined. It turns out that both cards being used simultaneously put up a red flag (I'm sure it was the iPad) not that we reached our limit (way higher than we would ever need).

It's nice the credit card company was keeping such a sharp eye out. They reviewed today's charges with me, and I got the card unblocked once I declared all was as it should be. Plenty of stuff paid in cash, though, as well, and xh just wrote five checks to pay bills. Ouch. And a little more tomorrow too.

#98 of 104 Old 06-23-2016, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

SS- i guess it all evens out huh?
no field trip for us today, i ended up mailing a package $8 and getting a couple bags of groceries (produce, icecream/fruit bars and deli) $25. Then it was too hot 110* by noon to do much else so i hid at home and declared a 'lazy day'. pizza for dinner and that was the end of the day. Fruit bars for snacks and all is good.

tomorrow i have to pay the shut off elecctric or we wont have power. ;(. trying to get the last day out of the money in my account. I know its silly. i should pay it tonight and get the pain over with. I will have about $20 once i pay the past due power until SSDI hits my account or my mothers check gets here. I am way behind on paying my therapist, at least 4 sessions and 2 next week. OUCH big time. She is very patient about pyament but i do not want to overstep.

There will be NO spending this weekend.

#99 of 104 Old 06-24-2016, 12:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
6/19
6/20
6/21
6/22 sold some soap and a bike. The bike $ goes towards DSs next bike but still happy to have it gone
6/23 coffee shop, fast food, groceries, and gas $65ish total This is still a good day. It normally would have been much more.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (11 years old)
#100 of 104 Old 06-25-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:
June 23: Holy crap
June 24: snacks; cat litter; hot choc for girls
Today should be slim. I might get snacks for the girls. I won't count the purchases I'm making for school. I'm not sure how much will be in m account once classes are paid for, but since books are cheap this quarter and all classes online, I could use any extra to defray the cost of the ipad. We will see. I might be batter off saving that money for the rest of the year.

#101 of 104 Old 06-25-2016, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Under $20 at the grocery. thank goodness.
i need gas when i go out on monday.
therapist says she knows i will pay when i can and not to worry about it.

#102 of 104 Old 06-26-2016, 06:52 AM

Quote:
June 23: Holy crap
June 24: snacks; cat litter; hot choc for girls
June 25: snacks and junk
June 26: probably eat out
This will have to be my last post as I'm headed out of town for the week. I think my only victory this month is keeping up with this thread. We spent a LOT of money this month, but at least I'm sort of paying attention. I'm going to have to be more methodical about everything starting NOW because life is in upheaval with my starting school, whether or not we keep homeschooling.

Next month: more PLANNING for meals and things. Planning for everything.

#103 of 104 Old 06-26-2016, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
The farmer's market started yesterday. I made 6 half-dozen bags of pretzels and 4 baguettes, plus a half-dozen jellies left. None of the jellies sold, but all the baguettes went and 5 bags of pretzels, so I made more than $30. We bought a coffee and a bag of peppers and a few treats with the FM money.

6/1 - Groceries ($5) and eating lunch out ($9)
6/2 - Nada
6/3 - Eating lunch out ($20) and paying for DH's transcripts ($6)
6/4 - Nada
6/5 - Ran out of honey so bought bulk honey and bulk beans ($65)
6/6 - Nada
6/7 - Got dishwasher tabs ($8) and produce for supper ($6)
6/8 - Nada
6/9 - Salsa, sour cream and cheese for supper ($10)
6/10 - Nada
6/11 - Nada
6/12 - Milk and cheese and antacids ($18)
6/13 - Eggs and seasonings ($5)
6/14 - Onion powder to make homemade ranch ($2)
6/15 - Nada
6/16 - Nada
6/17 - Kids gone, got fried chicken ($8)
6/18 - Kids gone, got DQ ($22)
6/19 - Nada
6/20 - Meat, cheese (lots) and fruit (lots) ($40 in EBT)
6/21 - Video rental via Amazon ($3)
6/22 - Gas & lunch for DH (45 min drive each way to get his loans and grants stuff taken care of) ($20)
6/23 - Milk ($10)
6/24 - Nada
6/25 - Annual fee for social networking app ($108)
6/26 - Nada

Check out my radio blog, Pagan Musings, and my writing (as Selina Wolfcat & Sarah Buhrman).
I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
#104 of 104 Old 06-26-2016, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

No drive/no Spend today.
Tomorrow will be driving and possibly spending.

I made chicken, mashed potatoes and glazed carrots for dinner, Grapes for dessert. Fruit bars later tonight for a treat.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page