August spending (low/no spend) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

2Likes

#31 of 39 Old 08-07-2016, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
8/6
Spent 17$ at WalMart buying eggs, yogurt, cereal and chicken nuggets...
8/7
No spend 0$ but we are going to the beach for awhile and will drive the 11 miles there...I am packing a small cooler with sandwiches, chips and watermelon...waterbottles.....
Just going to relax on the warm sand, cool water and soak up the vitamin D spending time with my girl and ignore the world...

Nix the beach...L is vomiting 😡

Last edited by Mylie; 08-07-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 39 Old 08-08-2016, 04:43 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Jumping back in here. I had a pay cut last February and it seems it took me six months to really figure out the impact and get it under control. Also in that timeframe were college application and acceptance fees, summer camps with unusual requirements, and some other things that just threw the budget under the bus. I just finished buying the essentials DS needs to take with him to college (he paid for half, but it was still a ton of $).

I figured out my "new normal" going forward, and thankfully the expenses should be relatively stable month-to-month. It is still very tight. I am grateful that I can cover all monthly bills and set something aside for the bills that come up less frequently (not enough for that, but enough to make it work, I think).

Still trying to get things under control so I can get a mortgage. The house is mine whenever I can get that bit taken care of. I already live in the house, and there is no hurry, except that it should be in my name, my taxes will go down a year or so after I own it, and I heard interest rates are low right now. But I need to amass savings and also up my credit score by paying down debt. Challenging on a tight budget. I continue to pray for unexpected checks in the mail or money from other sources.

For right now, I'm focusing on all of the things we have that are solid, good, and long-term. DS is off to college and the fall bill is paid. All of the kids' school-year activities are set with monthly payment plans and financial aid. Car and house are in good working order (fingers crossed). I could really use a breather with no financial surprises for awhile.

Now, I just need to stay out of the co-op...I'm already in the habit of staying out of others stores and leaving stuff in my Amazon cart for later, but the grocery store gets me! I go in for one thing and come out with five or more.

Good luck, everyone. We can do this.

- homeschooling mom to four teens
#33 of 39 Old 08-08-2016, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Day 8 - Spend day. $22 for a new box fan at Sears {they are running a promo where I'll get $11 back in points since I bought a fan. Will use that towards x-mas}. $1 for a phone sim card for the new phone I'm getting with GC {swagbucks offer means I get $2 back in point for it, so I bought early}

#34 of 39 Old 08-08-2016, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
8/1 - 8 Doing OK. I am going to start from here. I had to spend some money to get ready for a yard sale. Signs, permits, and rent a few tables. I will get the money back...so going to start over tomorrow.

OH! & the car. Did not cost to much money.
#35 of 39 Old 08-09-2016, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Joining in albeit late. This summer has been a frenzy of spending.
We went on a trip for our 25th wedding anniversary in april. Although we used inlaws time share and gift cards to eat that my dh earned at work, it still set us back with gas, admissions etc.
In June we built our chicken coop and pen. In the long run it will be great to have our own eggs and sell a few on the side.
We are very close to having all our medical bills paid off.
So I'm starting today. I'm not counting groceries weekly but I need to quit the little in between runs because you never leave less than $20.
8/9 staying home all day. No buying.
#36 of 39 Old 08-09-2016, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Mental health issues s*ck. I need to get out of this house today and its going to cost money. Ugh.

While I'm out I should get the mail, get an oil change, get RX and a few things at target. I promised to meet a friend for supper. All and all this is not a good day for $$.

But i did manage to stay in this am and finish my paper for class. online classes have a paper due every week. Blah. its a struggle to get them done.

Mom to J and never ending 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 the year of peace and tranquility.
#37 of 39 Old 08-12-2016, 03:46 AM

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
8/9 OK
8/10 OK
8/11 made $
8/12 $1.50 for a newspaper. So far.
#38 of 39 Old 08-21-2016, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay massive updating lol.

Days 9-18: $0 spend.
Day 19: $1.92 on groceries. Ran out of SNAP for the month, but between coupons, $12 in snap and $2 cash, I managed to get $30 worth of needed groceries and stuff to try to make it last the week. The last week of the month we'll have to coast on what we have plus a food pantry trip.
Day 20: $4 on bus fare. DD wanted to go to a store grand opening across town. Packed a lunch, didn't spend anything but bus fare.
#39 of 39 Old 08-21-2016, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Been doing well with spending as little as possible...I spent 20$ the other day for eggs,potatoes,hamburger and box of instant rice...that will get us our meals this week pus what I have in pantry....

With getting sent home so much this month I am saving as much as possible to make rent and insurance payment for September 1st....plus L's birthday is coming...still figuring all that out....

Meals this week.....

Hamburger patties with instant pototoes
Eggs and shredded potatoes
Beefy Rice with carrots
Hamburger Helper
Eggs with mashed potato patties
Fried Rice with hamburger
Cheesy Chicken Rice casserolle...

Leftovers for lunches

For breakfasts we will do cereal and ricemilk...

As you can see eggs and hamburger were on sale/cheap this week ...Lol

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page