No/Low Spend November-December 2016 - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 11-25-2016, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
No/Low Spend November-December 2016

I need this thread and couldn't find it, so I'm starting one!

Juggling things tightly right now as I await word on the new mortgage. If I get it, there will be some ease, but that may not be until after the holidays. I'm on the edge of my seat hoping it will happen before!

If I get the mortgage, I will be able to skip a mortgage payment (hopefully December, fingers crossed!) and that will bring temporary ease.

If I don't get the mortgage, I have a backup plan for what happens next -- I won't need the money I set aside for closing costs, so that will bring temporary ease.

If the mortgage decision comes after my Dec housing payment is due, and I get the mortgage, I'll have to pay both the Dec payment and the closing costs. Yikes! In the long run, it's definitely worth it, but in the short run it would be complicated.

So I can't spend any of that money while I'm waiting to find out if it is needed! And I can't use credit cards while I'm waiting for them to pull and approve my credit report.

So it's a strict pantry challenge and putting off any holiday purchases until I get word from the mortgage office (sometime in the next 30ish days starting two days ago, which brings us to JUUUUST before Christmas at the latest).

This weekend I'm going to fully assess the pantry. I am very grateful for my CSA, which is providing veggies and meat for a few more weeks (on a payment plan). I haven't bought wood yet -- ouch, it will be difficult to come by this late in the season -- but I can't even consider it until I know what the situation is. I have about a cord plus 3/4 tank of oil, so I can get by for awhile.

Anyone else on strict no/low spend right now?

- homeschooling mom to four teens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-04-2016, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
I loosened up a bit for december. Splurged on yummy treats and baking goods during the grocery sales. I got kiddo some 'wants' for xmas and things. I am heading into what is planned to be a 'no buy 2017'. Meaning only necessities and not much else.

While I have been reassured by my property mgnt that all is well with my lease and things well renew on 1/31/17 I have yet to see any paperwork or financial figures so I am getting concerned, we are under 60 days so 'technically' he is past the window of opportunity to notify of changes. I am not prepared to move, i dont have a place to move to and I dont have the funds to move so. Fingers crossed I get official papers soon.

I need to get my crown finished this week $730 ouch, and kid has dental appt- but he has insurance, so no bill for that .

I will have some shipping to pay in the coming week to send presents back East to my sisters kids. I direct shipped some stuff but I have a box of things I made to send up.

I am looking forward to a possibly 'no buy 2017' it will be interesting to see how that all works out.

Mom to J and never ending 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 the year of peace and tranquility.
#3 of 4 Old 12-15-2016, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
10 Days until Christmas. how is everyone doing? I am done shopping. I need to get wrapping. I actually am having a decent holiday season all things considered this year.

Mom to J and never ending 

2017 the year of peace and tranquility.

#4 of 4 Old 12-18-2016, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I am as ready as I am going to be...I am so glad I shop all year because November and December have been the worst!!!! I was off work for several days with L's hopsital stay, then I had an ovarian vyst rupture then it wrapped it up neatly with a nasty case of flu...Thankfully FMLA covered me for the hospital and cyst rupture or I would have lost my job...unfortunaetly it didnt cover financially...I had to go to a local agency for rent help...I have an intake appointment next week to see if they will help...There is so many in need in this poor rural area it took two weeks for my name to even come up on the waiting list to even be seen...so fingers crossed for me please!!
We put our tree up last night...made my little very happy...we are baking sugar cookies later this afternoon...I am sending my sons Christmas box out tomorrow after work...I do need to wrap L's gifts...anyone else hate wrapping as much as I do????!!!

I work through Friday then we have a shop shutdown for 9 days..I am scheduled to be off but am seriously thinking of volenteering for other areas for the pay....I will decide this week...

Can you say Holy snow Batman!!?? We have been blasted!!! I just cant wait till May

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page