Anyone else ready to GET OUT OF DEBT #3 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-05-2004, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all.

Newmainer- so glad you checked in with us, $3 at gymboree? I think I would have to go for that one too.

So- dh did not get the new job we were hoping he would get, so- our 2 year get out of debt plan is in the toilet right now. At this point we can just make ends meet, putting nothing into savings and nothing extra on the credit cards. I will NOT let this get us down though, it is all the more reason to keep working at this, so I remain committed.

Did pretty well at the grocery store today- although I did buy $5 worth of water toys that we did not need, but kids need water toys right? OK maybe not.

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2004, 09:56 PM

Hey group! I just wanted to check in! I got my sewing machine from my SIL. I of course don't have a clue how to use it! Plus I'm unsure if this is going to save me money or not! Won't I just make more diapers then I need? : I did pretty good this weekend but I splurged tonight and bought some junk food! Oh and an idea, a women down the road from me told me that she walks anywhere that she can to save money! Even the grocery store with her TWO children! She gets in her excercise and gets her grocerys done! She told me that she walks to the post office, department store, bank, and restaurants! I think it is great for lots of things and I am going to make an effort to do it too! Especially during the summer! Well I have to get to bed. Oh and Water toys are wonderful! Of course they needed them!!!! Sometimes you have to just buy stuff you can't be cheap ALL the time!
Old 07-05-2004, 10:08 PM

sorry to hear about that job, Jess!

hang in there...things change and your situation will too, I'm sure!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Old 07-05-2004, 10:39 PM

that's a bummer, jess.... I know how frustrating it can be when things you are counting on fall through like that. I try and tell myself that its because something better is going to come along, I just can't see it yet. You have a great attitude though- so whatever happens you'll be fine. keep us updated.

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
Old 07-09-2004, 11:55 AM

hey i started a new thread you can find it here

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)

User Tag List