Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what is the tao forum?
#32 of 38 Old 11-19-2004, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking Amongst Ourselves

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

#33 of 38 Old 12-02-2004, 09:57 PM

Right after Rowan was born, we went to one of those paint-you-own ceramics stores and made a bunch of coffee mugs with his footprints on them. We wrote "Rowan, 10 weeks old" on the bottom of each and gave them to everyone (related everyones). It was a big hit! The mugs themselves were about $8 each, and we went on a "2 for 1" day (2 people paint for the price of 1), so it actually worked out pretty cheap per person. We made so many that we ended up spending about $80, because we wanted some for ourselves, too, but it was still a decent deal. (We didn't use handprints because he was still so little he kept them in fists all the time). One of us would hold him and hold his bare foot out, the other would paint his foot and press a mug to it.
#34 of 38 Old 12-09-2004, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Hi!
Does any one else here feel like a frugal forum would be helpful? I was thinking this because there's so many different facets to frugality, it would be easier to just start a new thread in a Frugal Mamas forum. I think more people would check it out too!

Anyhow, we're knee deep in frugal Christmas activities. Gifts for my DH's family may prove to be not so frugal, but we'll see.

I got my Diva Cup and (of course) it came a day after I could have used it! So I just got a chance to use it, and on the first day we were traveling in airports, so I was close to freaking out if it leaked or something! But it works fine, I'm totally sold DH was even fascinated by it, and wondered why I didn't get one sooner!

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

#35 of 38 Old 12-09-2004, 03:36 PM

Ahhh, thanks to my uer-long cycle, i have not yet had a chance to try my diva cup.
I am really slipping on the frugal christmas stuff. Ah well, i have bought my family very practical gifts, like shirts, so i hope they will like them (and I got a good deal, but bought more than I should have)
#36 of 38 Old 12-10-2004, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusmama
this year we are doing family pictures with dh, ds, and me. Frame them up and that will be all the grandparents, and mom, dad and mil-fil presents.
SNAP! That's exactly what we're doing (btw - very nice 5x7 wood frames at BIGLOTS in a 3 pack for $5).

Hello, I think I've read through this board before but can't remember if I've ever posted. There's some great ideas though!

My in-laws do one name in a hat thing for the grown-ups and another for the kids. It's still a little more than I'd prefer to spend, $25 for each adult and $10 for a child ($60!!!), but alot cheaper than one thing for everyone.

Why we can't just get together and enjoy each other's company is beyond me, although last year instead of buying gifts we put the money towards an enormous Chinese feast! Also in the past we've used the money for a service project.

To me the holidays are for the kids so if you're still at grade school you get a small something (dollar stores are wonderful places) and if you're a grown-up you get good conversation! :

OK, I'm off my soapbox now!
tealsmith83 likes this.
#37 of 38 Old 12-10-2004, 09:34 PM

I had never heard of a Diva Cup before but went and checked out their website - very interesting. Thanks for the heads up!
#38 of 38 Old 12-20-2004, 10:05 AM

Hi Frugal Mamas! I'd like to join. Do we have a December thread?

My find of the year: I begin my field practicum in social work in 3 weeks so I am in desparate need of a few blazers to go with trousers. I stopped by my local GoodWill yesterday and found 2 brand new blazers (Talbots and New York & Co) for $4 each. A little more spendy than I'd like, but they are gorgeous and new. But then! I see they have an orange and a red tag respectively and the sale colors are orange and red! I got the brown blazer for a dollar and the plum-colored one for $2. Not too shabby.

DH and I are working on being frugal in other ways as well. I just re-read TCTG and found even more info to use... including looking into getting a very small chest freezer for our 400 sq. ft. apartment. I figure if we switch some stuff around we'll have room. I know that it will save us a mint.

I'm looking forward to the frugal chat, and until then I'll be checking the archives for more tips! --- Selu

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page