Mindfull Train -- closed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 01-31-2005, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ANyone want to start a coupon train? For those who don't know a coupon train is made of usually 8-10 "riders" each rider makes up a list of coupons they need. The train has rules such has how many days you can take to send out your envlope one you recieve it, how many coupons and what kind are in the envie, and perhaps a common list of coupons not allowed. Some trains have common thesemes, like all food, healthy food, kids/babies, etc. Everyone makes up an envie of usually 100 coupons and send it to the next person on the list. For example, AAAA sends an envie to BBBB, also BBBB sends one to CCCC....when BBBB gets the envie from AAAA she takes the coupons out that she wants, along with any expires, and replaces them so there is 100 in the envie, mindful of what CCCC is looking for (and anyone else on the lis) but its no worries if she doesn't have many specifics) then mails it off to CCCC within the alloted time. ~whew~ what an explination.
So, anyone want to play?? If theres a big interest we can have more than one train. Then we can hash out some basic rules.

If you want to ride please PM me your address, wish list and coupons you don't need/use I'll keep it opne untill Monday or so
#2 of 18 Old 01-31-2005, 03:58 PM

Oh, me!!! Sounds like so much fun! :-)
#3 of 18 Old 01-31-2005, 04:12 PM

I think this sounds like fun, too.
#4 of 18 Old 02-01-2005, 12:44 PM

I participated in a few of these on another board I belong to, I would love to do it again! Let me know what info you need. Thanks for getting this started.
#5 of 18 Old 02-01-2005, 04:03 PM

I would definitely be interested!
#6 of 18 Old 02-01-2005, 10:08 PM

..I would like to as well, but I'm not sure I'd have enough coupons to contribute - I have lots, but they are all for convience foods and you know soaps and things. Where do you find coupons for basic staples and natural foods?

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#7 of 18 Old 02-02-2005, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone else?

For those interested, please PM me with your address and your "wish list" I'll arainge the train based on needs (like I'll put someone with a baby after someone who doesn't have one so they can send that person their extra baby coupons, or someone who's a veggie after someone who is not so they can send them their veggi coupons). Also include a list of things you don't need (pets, baby, convience, etc) and any pertinant info like if you have kids, pets, are veggie, don't use convinence food, cleaners etc.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymoo
I would like to as well, but I'm not sure I'd have enough coupons to contribute - I have lots, but they are all for convience foods and you know soaps and things. Where do you find coupons for basic staples and natural foods?
I signed up here http://www.mambosprouts.com/ and I get coupons for natural foods a few times a year.
#8 of 18 Old 02-02-2005, 02:04 PM

Thanks for doing this!
#9 of 18 Old 02-02-2005, 02:05 PM

One suggestion:
I have done this on two boards and it fizzled out and only one of them made it a full time around. One i organized and one i only participated in.

I suggest organizing it by where the person lives. For example, if someone in Cali mails to someone in Oh and then that person mails to someone in TX and then to VA... it takes longer that way. i suggest doing it east to west or west to east.

good luck!

Amy
#10 of 18 Old 02-03-2005, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, I need everyones wish lists and addresses so I can make up a rider list. Hows everyones coupon supply -- traditionally coupon envies have 100, but would it be eaiser to do 50 or 75?
#11 of 18 Old 02-04-2005, 03:24 PM

I would like to do this but do not have many coupons saved up yet. I am just starting to use them.
#12 of 18 Old 02-05-2005, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrsmom
I would like to do this but do not have many coupons saved up yet. I am just starting to use them.
You only need a bunch for the first go round. So if you want, you can send me what you have and I'll add in the difference. Or you can wait untill the first envie has gone around then hop on board. Just let me know what you want to do

Ok, I'll keep this open to riders for a few more days then I'll close it and make up the rider roster!
#13 of 18 Old 02-05-2005, 04:51 PM

Location: In the Central Valley, dreaming of my home by the bay..
oh me! Me!

SpiralScoutin' Homeschoolin' Mama to Michael, Citizen of Portlandia, age 21, Danielle, Artist in Residence, Age 9 & Jack-Jack, Minecraft Maniac, Age 6
#14 of 18 Old 02-05-2005, 05:16 PM

..I guess I didn't think about how I could basically not take an coupons if I didn't have any to replace them with. That works I guess.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#15 of 18 Old 02-06-2005, 09:39 PM

I have a stack of coupons probably 1" thick that are for products I won't use. I can start the train or send them to you, sovereignqueen. Just let me know!
#16 of 18 Old 02-07-2005, 12:56 AM

Location: In the Central Valley, dreaming of my home by the bay..
I guess I will have to wait for another go around, I don't have 100 coupons to get started. I was thinking it was like another train I did, where there was one envie that went around and you took, replaced and sent it on. I can't start one OH well, next time...

SpiralScoutin' Homeschoolin' Mama to Michael, Citizen of Portlandia, age 21, Danielle, Artist in Residence, Age 9 & Jack-Jack, Minecraft Maniac, Age 6
#17 of 18 Old 02-07-2005, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

1. envies have 50 coupons (if you don't have 50 coupons for your fist envie PLMK)
2. send the envie on to the next person within 4 days of recievIng, if for some reason its going to take longer (and we all understand that it can happen) post to let us know it'll be late
3. post when you send/recieve your envies
3. Take out expried/close dated and replace along with what ever coupons you want so theres always 50 coupons
4. No coupons that expire within 20 days of when you send it out
5. No coupons on the "don't need" master list, try to be mindful of the "want" list, but don't sweat it if you don't have alot of them
6. If you have copuons on the list of the person ahead of you wants, but they are close dated you can enclose them, but bundle them seperatly and they don't count towards the 50.

I will send out the rider list and the master want/don't want list after the train is closed. I'm closing the train monday night, so probably midweek.
#18 of 18 Old 02-09-2005, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

ok, this train is now *closed* but people are welcome to start another -- I think there would be interest in a single-envie one. I am having puter probs but should have the list out by the end of the week with our tentitive goal of getting our first envies out by the 21st so you have two coupon clipping weekends. :LOL This should be fun!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page