Couponers -- how do you organize your coupons? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-03-2005, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am always interested in others organization methods.

I use the binder method. I used to use an envolpe and I found this so much easier especially with squeaker in tow. I have a three ring binder and I filled it with those plastic sheets kids put baseball cards in (99 cent store). I put a coupon in each one and organize each page by food type (breakfast, dary, juice, meat, baking, etc) Then when I get to the ceral aisle, i can flip it open to the cereal page and see what's on sale compared to what copons I have -- no hunting! Some people I know have seperate binders for foood and non food, but I don't. It also helps to have a pencil pouch in your binder for a calculator, your list, and a pen/pencil. What do you use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-05-2005, 08:31 PM

I use and accordian envelope...

I file the coupons by expiration date. Each week, after I've checked the sale ads and made my grocery list, I look through the envelope for any coupons for items on my list, or ones that are going to expire.

I mainly only file coupons for things I already use.
#3 of 7 Old 02-08-2005, 01:27 PM

I have an accordian envelope, sorted by item type. I clean it out once a week, when I'm cutting out new coupons from the paper.
#4 of 7 Old 02-08-2005, 04:08 PM

..I have an accordian envelope, currently sorted alphabetically by manufacturer - this is useless. I make a grocery list, then go through and look for any coupons that work for my list and put those in a seperate "potential" envelope to bring to the store. On my grocery list (which I type up on the computer) I note which products I have coupons for and what hte coupon is, so I don't have to rifle through the envelope to see if I have coupons for each item.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#5 of 7 Old 02-08-2005, 05:54 PM

I currently just have about 6 catagories that I use. I clean out coupons once a month for the ones that have expired. I like your idea much better I might have to do that. I think my husband will think I have lost my mind if I do it, but I will anyway. Do you only put one coupon per slot?
#6 of 7 Old 02-08-2005, 07:35 PM

I also use the binder method (learned about it through Refund Cents) - it works like a charm! I have a big zippered three ring binder filled with baseball card holders. Sometimes I have to fold coupons to get them to fit into the holders, but it makes it so, so easy to find what I'm looking for. If I have a number of like coupons, I put them all in the same slot.
#7 of 7 Old 02-09-2005, 01:00 AM

I have a portable file system (with 13 slots) and I organize them by isle at my local store (since it's the only one near me that does double or triples), that way during a "Super Double/Triple" week I have them all handy.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page