Credit Reports - How soon do they "recover"? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-16-2005, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It was pretty bad for a while, but within the last month things are really looking up. I used the income tax return to pay off two credit cards, and another will be paid off next week. I also paid off another card over a year long period - my choice. I was falling behind on it, so I was getting late fees and over the credit limit fees - I set up an automatic payment with them that paid it off in a year with none of the fees. That is something that I called them and had set up, it wasn't a "do this or you're in big trouble" kind of thing. The mortgage and the car payment are both caught up. Basically, six months or a year ago, if you had pulled the credit report, I'm sure it looked horrible - but within the last month things have been either caught up or paid off. I'm wondering now how soon my credit report will look better. If I were to have it checked next month would my score be better? Or would a creditor want to see it maintained over a certain period of time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2005, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Paying them off will improve your score. The late payments will pull it down though- but not as bad as if you had balances. How late were you? They report 30 days past due date as one occurance. I work with credti reports all day long LOL.

User Tag List