Fundraiser Mania - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-19-2005, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I have many nieces and nephews plus many children in the neighborhood. I have given enough to these fundraisers. In fact, the doorbell just rang- the baseball team is selling chocolate. I bought them since my Dad loves the particular candy they sell so its for him.

Butttt....now my daughter's co-op preschool is doing a fundraiser by selling some goofy cookie dough brand. They usually do a pizza thing. I asked what the school gets to keep and its minimal at that. I offered to write a check for double the amount to the school. The director looked at me like I was speaking chinese and could not believe it. I politely explained that I don't appreciate these big corporate types coming in and forcing people to buy their wares in the name of fundraising. Turns out the groups does not get much and you're paying top dollar for gourmet this and special that.

So, if its something I like, I might buy a little, but then give a donation. Also I hate hitting people up for this- in the name of I did this for you before.
I don't mind the shop for a donation at the local grocery - especially if I'm going anyway or buying the gift certificates that I would spend anyway.
But wrapping paper, gourmet garbage, stale candy and popcorn I have had enough!!
Sorry to vent, any one else?

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."

User Tag List