car rentals~cheapest????? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-13-2005, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have rented cars numerous times when I travel across the states with my five children alone. Our cars are older and not particularly dependable when we go on longer trips (6 hours or more from home). Car rentals aren't cheap, especially when you need six seatbelts. My question? Is there a better way to get great deals on car rentals rather than calling car rental 800 numbers? Online sites that offer screaming deals? Particular car rental plans on certain visa/mc cards?

Thanks a bunch!
#2 of 4 Old 04-13-2005, 02:12 AM

Sometimes my credit card company will send out coupons for rental companies. I would definitely check with yours. Also, we've used coupons from an Entertainment book. Which can let you upgrade to a larger car for the price of a smaller car.
#3 of 4 Old 04-13-2005, 06:58 PM

There are usually AAA discounts if you have that. Also, sometimes there will be "internet only" specials on the web sites. Defintiely do check around with the travelocity, orbitz, etc. I saved gobs on airline tix by shopping around. Haven't done the car rental thing yet, but I'm off to go check it out myself.
#4 of 4 Old 04-15-2005, 05:23 PM

Travelocity is usually a good place to get an idea how much the car is going to cost. That is what we usually do

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page