Financial healing - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-27-2002, 10:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Momtwice
Louise Hay writes eloquently about this kind of attitude (which I often share) as a subtle form of not loving yourself. As in, you are pushing away abundance for yourself but YOU deserve abundance yourself, and not just so you can give it away. YOU deserve abundance.[QUOTE]

This is a good point. I will look up that book. I enjoy the abundance I have and am really working on opening myself up to much more abundance. What I am thinking is not so much that I would like to have lots of money to give way (though I would like that) but that the things I fantasize about doing with lots of money are good things--not selfless, just positive and contributive. I do have trouble accepting abundance for myself, though.

Most of the abundance I received before meeting my abundantly wonderful husband came with tremendous trade-offs. It has taken me time to see that I don't have to sell my soul to have financial stability, that I can prosper while maintaining integrity and self. I try to keep repeating, "I am deserving, I am deserving."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2002, 02:40 PM

Great thread....
I find I kind of file money stuff in a 'less important' file in my head, as though it isn't linked to the really important stuff, the creative, spiritual, whatever. So I am really grateful for reminders to be conscious of money, to give it as much recognition as everything else in my life. It's all energy, isn't it? And a bit of consciousness always helps (nice new wink for a new year!)
Anyway, the storyline goes....I have always spent money only on freedom and travel, on buying time. I am very uneasy with putting money into things, houses or whatever, as I always think I could die tomorrow! On the other hand, I have just realised that i am jealous of friends of mine who have money in their families, they are in a similar situation as dh and I, one english one polish, but they each have the house of their dreams in their own countries. And I think, well if I had that, somewhere to go back to in my own country, everything would be OK!
At the moment I am financially dependent on dh which is really nasty, especially when I want to spend a little bit on enjoying myself and he gets angry as he works so hard for every penny (washing up in a restaurant on christmas eve etc!) I resent this as I am always aware of a lack of money (I'm used to it, never had any) and really spend little and feel he doesn't appreciate this, and know I have no ground to stand on as not a penny of the money we use is mine. We have no debts, no insurance, no nothing!! except a roof over our heads in Poland, and a car. And love!
I would love to be able to think ahead, pensions or something, it just feels impossible for me, and for dh too. Stuck in the moment...
Old 01-06-2003, 04:51 AM - Thread Starter

How is everyone, in the new year? Definitely mindful of the attraction and ACCEPTANCE of abundance here in 2003. And I'm already experiencing some shifts-which is nice.
Old 01-06-2003, 01:03 PM

Can someone give me some words of wisdom on the fear of abundance...

I constantly have negative thoughts about situations that could be good. Some of you know that I have my own business and I do much of my work on the net. Almost everytime I send someone the link to my site (usually because they have asked) my thoughts immediately take residence in "oh, they aren't going to believe it, they will have heard of the this before,..." and on and on it goes.
I am realizing only now that I think I am afraid of abundance even though I want it so badly...

Oils
Old 01-06-2003, 04:44 PM

i am back on this thread-hi all.

well, my family gave us some money for xmas. To most peple it would seem a HUGE amt of money, but in nyc it will probably last us about 2 months--and that is w/o servicing any of our large cc debt.

idon't know. on the one hand, i am grateful for the suddn and unexpected gift, without which we might lose our office space. on the other hand, i can't help but think that in two months we are STILL going to be broke again. nothing is changing in our businesses--in fact, i am getting FEWER patients than in the past. DH's business is also going slow slow. I am extremely depressed. I think I will go on anti-depressants, and maybe I will be able to see my situation more positively. We have a beautiful lovely healthy boy 6 mos old, and food on our table.

somehow i feel so overwhelmed by the financial position we alone have put ourselves in. I am reading a book called Beginning to Pray, and in it, the author says that only after you sense and absence of God can you really pray with any conviction. It is when you feel abandoned and hopeless that you really bring yourself to pray in a meaningful way.

Is life (and by extension, the financial picture) really best dealt with on a day-to-day basis? Should we not think abou the fututre?Today, things are fine--I can eat, I have heat, I have breastmilk for baby, I am healthy, I have health insurance. But tomorrow? Next week? -=---things don't look so good. But should one even THINK about that? Does it help to think about it? In the book I am reading, Anthony Bloom, the author, says that he no longer worries about outcome--he just tries in each moment to do the right thing, say the right thing, and leaves the outcome up to God.

User Tag List