Jan No Spending Challenge- are you still with me? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-25-2006, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
needed repair

and the $$ I thought I was going to put into savings is now going to the new benefit package which doubled. But we need it with mine, dh and ds#2 health issues. Plus I do want the income should I become (DON"T WANT TO) goddess forbid a widow.

We have average billing but I just signed a contract giving us a fixed rate on the utility bill. I doubt it will go under that for a long time as they just got two increases ...

Hopefully going to sell the dead car-still haggling it.
Last night split ground round with tvp to make two seperate meals. One for last night and one for tonight.

bought a food processor off the TP that has been helping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2006, 01:22 PM

So far we are still doing good. I hauled all of our dirty laundry to the IL's and washed and dried 2 loads there. If I can do this once a week it should drastically cut our water bill. Our water rates went way way up beginning this year. Also have been getting DH in the habit of not having every light in the house on. So hopefully that will save too. We filled my car up with gas but didn't buy anything else which is a huge challenge for us. Normally we would each get a pop and maybe split a candy bar and rent a movie.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:31 PM

Since it is so late in the month I am just lurking to get ideas and hoping for a February thread.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:40 PM

I caved. We got asked to buy girl scout cookies from a friends daughter. I really wish I would have said no. So now I am more determined than ever. For us the weekend is the hardest, so I'm preparing myself mentally for a free weekend.

User Tag List