I am just so disgusted and tired of trying to make ends meet... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-13-2006, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am just so sick of this. I feel like it is never ending and it does not get better, it just gets worse. I would work more but I don't have a free babysitter and if I had to pay someone that would completly defeat the purpose of working more KWIM? We are moving at the end of this month and the expense is overwhelming. To top that off our only vehicle has something majorly wrong with it and from time to time it won't start and one of these days it will just completly stop working and it will cost us anywhere between $400 to $800 to repair (needs a new fuel pump). I am just so sick of this. I want to throw up.
Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2006, 04:30 PM

I am SO sorry you are having such a hard time. Please be good to yourself and have faith that things will get better. I am praying for you.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you
I am praying too.
Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

Old 01-13-2006, 11:05 PM

I am with you.
It is a constant struggle and it's exhausting.

But I am looking for a part time job that I can do a few nights a week (while my dh is home with the kids) to help make ends meet.
It won't bring in a ton of money...but if it will cover a bill or 2 it will be worth it. I just can't handle the stress anymore.

hang in there mama!
Old 01-14-2006, 12:48 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I know that feeling. Sometimes you are just so fed up and feel like life just cannot get any harder. I was that way tonight. My kids were freaking out and fighting constantly, my house looks like a sty, and the bills are piling up to the roof and there's no money to pay them. It's stressful and it doesn't seem fair. I think that's when you just have to give up and say, "okay I can't stress about this anymore. I'm putting it aside in my mind and I'll pick it up tomorrow morning." That's what I did and I took the girls on a walk to the playplace thing at Burger King. I brought my water and a snack and chased the girls around the tubes for an hour. It gave me exercise and it took my mind off our money issues and they had a blast. Cant' get much better than that! And it was free! YAY!

Meg

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

Old 01-14-2006, 02:21 AM

Heh, I was just about to post the same thing. I wish I had a solution for you!
Old 01-14-2006, 03:08 AM

Well about the car. Is there a local trade school or vocational school that teaches mechanics? They will often do work for just the cost of parts (makes a huge difference). Even a really good high school shop is often capable (fuel pumps are an easy project). I hope that things get better for you soon.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Old 01-14-2006, 12:00 PM

Why are the moving costs so high?
You should get a Chilton's car repair book for your model car from the library and see if you or DH can replace the fuel pump yourself. My DH has done it several times.

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

Old 01-14-2006, 12:55 PM

I have had times when I have sat at the table with all the bills spread out in front of me and tried to decide which to pay and which to put in the desk for next payday, *maybe*.

It's really disheartening.

Old 01-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Banned

I just wanted to let you know you are not alone... my husband being out of work for even 2 months really did a number on everything. He is now teaching for pretty great money at a music store (guitar and bass) and goes to school full time. We are constantly playing *catch-up*.... our credit is well, dismal to say the least (from even before we got married 7 years ago!)....

Anyway, all our bills are paid for the month (thank God) and if I get creative with meals we can make it... but... we have $10 dollars in our account to last until he gets paid in 2 weeks... no, I didn't forget another zero, it is literally $10.

You are not alone mama, honestly. We are right here with you if you need to talk.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I have had times when I have sat at the table with all the bills spread out in front of me and tried to decide which to pay and which to put in the desk for next payday, *maybe*.

It's really disheartening.
Yep, this has been large portions of my life. We are VERY lucky to be in a temporary 'catch-up" state right now where by feb. we will be caught up with at least heat/lighgt type bills. I've been a virtually unemployed SAHM for almost two years, which cut our barely making it household income by 40%. I had unemployment until almost a year ago, leads and interviews on great jobs, I've worked one very part time job for the last year (8 hours a week), and I'm working a second part time job that I love right now (and dd can come too ), but it's temporary, and only lasts until march when we are back to the old panic mode again :
Old 01-15-2006, 09:04 PM

I'm right there with you mama. Something (actually a lot of somethings) is always late. We don't make ends meet - ever. The only time we are going to be caught up is when we get our tax refund and that will be gone quickly.

Mama to:Ben (12), Natalie (9), Zoe (5)

Old 01-16-2006, 01:23 AM

Can you perhaps do some in-home babysitting to earn money without having to pay for your own childcare?
Old 01-17-2006, 12:32 PM

Oh, mama I have so been there. You are not alone if that makes any difference to you. Oh those pilin' up bills! Don't you just wish you could throw them in the garbage can, put the lid on and forget about them?? If there is one thing that is bad for the self-esteem, it's a pile of bills you can't pay staring you in the face. Makes a mama afraid to go to the mailbox doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by root*children
Why are the moving costs so high?
I can't speak for the OP, but we just moved last week, one state over, because my recently laid-off dh found a good job (okay pay plus benefits), and it was enormously expensive. When I started to add them all up I was shocked--shocked I tell you! The moving truck ($538 plus gas at 10 miles to a gallon) the security deposit for our new place ($700) plus the first month's rent ($401 because it was pro-rated fro the last couple weeks of January). Plus me having to leave my pt job (it was only $65 a week but still meant a lot to us).

Not to mention the expense of getting a phone which we haven't done yet. we also spent about $40 at Target getting all set up in our new place. We needed some simple little hardware thingys to hang pictures, some shelf paper (I know I could have used newspaper or something more frugal . . . I should have) some dishwasher detergent (yay!!) a new dish scrubber and shower curtain (our old place had a sliding glass shower door and if you want to move an old dish scrubber into a new house then you are more frugal than I am )

So for us moving was way more expensive than I thought it would be.

My Etsy Shop
Acorn Dolls~Wool Felt Crowns~Children's Craft Kits~Shooting Stars~Dancing Fairy Rings~Come On Over and Play!

User Tag List