- Baked some bread
- listed some of stuff cluttering my closet on Ebay
- reserved two books at the library instead of buying them
- started tracking every penny I spend - coffee, snacks etc are my downfall - especially since I am hungry all the time right now
I went to a conference yesterday and PACKED my lunch. so while everyone else went off to eat, I stayed in the room, pulled out my great book (that I never get to read!) and ate my homemade bread pb&j, nuts, homemade pumpkin muffins, and apple.
Great job being frugal mamas. Does anyone find being frugal fun? I do. I think its fun trying to find different ways to save. I think it is addictive. My dh and i have always been conservative with food and we never throw away left overs. But it sure is fun finding new recipes to use for left overs. I really enjoy our left over soup meals more than anything. There are alot of items that we have stopped buying, not junk but just unnecessary items. It takes me alot longer in the grocery store than most because i price compare everything. Many times the grocery store across the street has produce at half the price as our reg. grocery store. I usually go there just for the savings on produce. I don't like to shop there for regular items though. I think so many people just grab grab grab and don't really give their health or pocket book a though.
So good job mamas for being frugal. It really helps in not being so wasteful!
- I started making extra servings at dinner for dh and I to take for lunch the next day.
- Cancelled extra services on the cell phone ($8/mo)
- Down graded web hosting plan ($6/mo)
- Cancelled newspaper subscription since we read it online instead (refund ~$90)
- Agreed to let my Dad buy me a Sam's Club membership
- Cut dh's an my monthly "allowance" by $25 each
- Sold some things laying around the house
I'm really enjoying using the line outside to dry clothes!
I've stopped using my tea kettle because of our gas stove and use the water cooler instead. It's got an energy saving function and heated water.
Useing the microwave much more as well. Our gas bill was OUT OF CONTROL!!!
haven't eaten out in such a long time. We did spring for chips and salsa while grocery shopping today though! Sams club style so we have lots.
I'm thinking we have enough grocerys to last us at least a month right now!
oh, I switched to baking soda in the dishwasher and it's working wonderfully. I was using 7th generation. Pricey stuff.