Cheaper NFL supplies- X-post Health and Healing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-31-2006, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Our natural living is getting pricey! Help me trim costs. It seems like I should be able to get vitamins (preferably food based), Floradix, supplements like fish oil and enzymes, and homeopathics (so expensive) cheaper online then my local HFS- herbs, too. I had resisted this because I wanted to support my local co-op. But they have stopped stocking things I need, like bulk alfalfa and calendula flowers. I figured I would go to Mountain Rose Herbs online, since they support Mothering, and their prices looked good- but I don't know where to compare. For the other stuff, only place I know of is www.vitacost.com, and everything did seem cheap and shipping cheap, if I did a bulk order. But is the quality there okay? Any others I've overlooked? This is really an urgent need in my household, trivial as it seems compared to more grave situations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2006, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just ordered some things through the Frontier Co-op and found the prices on several things to be much less than what I usually pay (my vitamins were more than $10 less than what I pay at my local co-op).

They carry essential oils, vitamins (not Floradix though), homeopathy, personal care products (toothpaste, shampoo, etc.), cooking supplies, and carry a lot of the big names (Aura Cacia, Burt's Bees, Jason, etc.)

HTH. I know you can join on your own but apparently they ask several families to go together when buying or something like that. I think a lot more Frontier co-ops are going to go on around here because a lot of people were impressed with the selection and pricing.

I'm interested to see how our first order turns out through them. Even with shipping, the savings on my vitamins make ordering there worthwhile IMO.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Depending on where you live, you can also look into joining a local buying club. You usually hear about the great deals on bulk foods, but most sell specialty health products, vitamins, etc. Also, your coop should still be able to order certain products for you, unless they've been discontinued, of course

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

Old 02-01-2006, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I looked at Frontier yesterday, and my local HFcoop carries their line, so I am familiar with it. But Floradix has made this pg so much more energetic. I have not found a buying club here, and I have Googled! I don't think I have time to coordinate either of those efforts, and don't know 5 NFL families with enough income to form one or the other (I wish). I'm due with #2 soon, and trying to start a babysitting co-op, and I own a wahm business. I do think that 3 years from now, when I get an extra hour of sleep, I'll be ready to coordinate those efforts. Now, I just need cheaper supplements.

User Tag List