Does Such A Thing Exist? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-31-2006, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dh and I are really poor at managing our finances. Granted we are really trying to make an effort but thought about how much easier it would be if there was someone or a business that would do it all for us. A place where as soon as we get paid we bring our checks straight to them, they receive and pay all of our bills and then give us X amount to manage for groceries until the we get paid again. On paper everything works out. Ideally if this were to happen for six months and they could sit down and once they knew everything and how we sat they could offer advice as to consolidating things or how to pay stuff off sooner. Do businesses do this? Where would you begin to look? And has anyone tried this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-31-2006, 05:49 PM

I had a friend that use to do this, but she had her grandparents do it for her. She was a shopaholic and just really wanted to live simpilar I believe. It worked out really well for her, but when I tried it with my parents I just couldn't do it.

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#3 of 5 Old 01-31-2006, 05:59 PM

I could be completely wrong about this, but isn't that what personal accountants do? I really don't know... I've never looked into anything like this.
#4 of 5 Old 01-31-2006, 06:01 PM

You could set most of this up yourself for free. If you got your checks direct deposited in a checking account, you could probably set up most of your routine bills on an automatic payment plan.
#5 of 5 Old 01-31-2006, 06:39 PM

Quote:
You could set most of this up yourself for free. If you got your checks direct deposited in a checking account, you could probably set up most of your routine bills on an automatic payment plan.
This is what we do. It was worked very well for us. We have set up most of bills this way - the ones we had a hard time paying (like visa, line of credit)

Now the payments are made the same day we get paid - we never see the money. But if something comes up, you can delete the payment before it goes thru.

Look into it!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page