Can I survive on $400/month? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 67 Old 03-25-2006, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rabbithorns, I don't own a sewing machine. I would love it if you could make some BUT you'd have to be coming from a non smoking/no pet home. We are severly allergic with bad asthma.

Red- Thanks but that is so not for me. LOL. I get panic attacks just from driving my own child around!

A friend who owns a diaper business (she sells them but does not make them) is giving me one BumGenius. But not til April 2nd. LOL. She needs it for a demo at a conference. I tried the BumGenius on my son and it fits! woohoo!
I need at least 2 more though. Just to get me through nap, errand and nighttime.

Thanks everyone! This thread really has lasted a long time. LOL.

Blessings,
Liz
#62 of 67 Old 03-25-2006, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

TinkerBelle- I will be applying but i need to wait 2 weeks. My ds will be seeing a new doc. I want that doc to have examined ds before he fills out any paperwork.
#63 of 67 Old 03-25-2006, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibahippiemama
I don't know why your friend's son is only getting 20@month, but my son gets the full amount. $603 each month. I do know that it is partly based on income. Apply soon. Bring all of your medical documents with you to your appointment. Just keep trying to do your best.

love and blessings
angie

Same here. My son gets anywhere from $385. - $603., depending on how our income did for the month.

$20. a month just does not sound right.
#64 of 67 Old 03-25-2006, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizc
TinkerBelle- I will be applying but i need to wait 2 weeks. My ds will be seeing a new doc. I want that doc to have examined ds before he fills out any paperwork.
Great. I hope it turns out for you.
#65 of 67 Old 03-25-2006, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

That's weird that she only gets $20/month then. Her only income now is disability. Before that, she was living off whatever he boyfriend brought in.

Since I will only be getting $400 income, I hope i'd get a good amount from SSI. I'm just so afraid it will be rejected. I just can't afford it to get rejected at all! I need money NOW!!!!!
#66 of 67 Old 03-27-2006, 01:24 PM

Liz-

Have you looked for a nanny gig for a child on the autism spectrum? While I don't have a child with autism I would think that finding a caregiver that knew a lot about it regardless of formal credientals would important to me if I did have a child on the spectrum. Are there any support groups in your area?

I am continually impressed with your ability to make the best of your situation. Good luck
#67 of 67 Old 03-27-2006, 06:05 PM

I've got a friend w/twin boys on the autism spectrum, and they get almost $500mo/each SSI, so hopefully your ds will qualify for benefits- and she did tell me that she had to fight for that money (was turned down, had to reapply, be really insistent, etc), so hang in there!!

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page