What is the most UN-frugal thing... - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 92 Old 07-21-2006, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by janerose
My Mom & her fiance live in a large 4 bedroom (really the master bedroom is more of a suite), 3 bath house, dining room, 2 living rooms, office, finished cellar, attached 2 car garage, large screened porch, inground pool they never use, on a couple acres. They have her fiance's 2 kids (15 & 12 yo) 4-8 days a month. They are seriously talking about putting an addition onto the garage & possibly onto the family room as well. "We'd really love a fireplace...french doors going out onto the deck..." Oh, and they have a huge fifth wheel camper & the pick-up to tow it with that they never use and are now having an awful hard time selling. Plus a motorcycle, van & car (all purchased new).

This would all be fine if my Mom did not LITERALLY spend every minute of the day complaining about how much she wants to retire, how she'll never be able to retire, how she wishes she could retire like her fiance (who is disabled)....

I want to rip my hair out every time I have that conversation with her. :

Holly

My mom is like this.... complains she doesn't want to work, but buys, buys, buys!
#92 of 92 Old 07-25-2006, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pretty much everything mu ils do is unfrugal.

The 2 of them live in a 6000sqft house. They also have a house in FL. MIL has a bracelet that cost more than my car (brand new minivan). She collects colonial antiques and recently spent $12k on a "hope chest" for DD#1. What girl nowadays uses a hope chest? It has like 2 flakes of paint left on it.

She just bought a new set of dishes--service for 12. It's only the two of them, at most there are 7 when we visit. They do not entertain & have no friends. The dishes were $400 per place setting. She just had to have them because they matched her dining room. Huh? It's a white room with a walk-in fireplace!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page