No Spend August! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 123 Old 08-13-2006, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
6/13... not so good. must do better.
it would be more like 10/13 if i could not count dh buying candy all the time. but the deal with myself says that i can't justify things in my head. either money was spent or it wasn't.
stupid dh.:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 123 Old 08-16-2006, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is realy hard. I didn't realize just how hard this would be. I though, "I'm a decent person. I can go a month without extranneous spending." HA! I laugh in my own face. I can. not. comtrol. my. habit. It seems I'm always finding things we "need". Hmmm.

I have had a stroke of genious this morning though. I am going to freeze my credit card. Literally! Put it in a tupperware container of water and freeze it. I have another card with me in case of emergencies (roadside assistance, etc.) but we only use one credit card so using the spare one would require only a true need or an emergency to justify it's use.

So! Let the freezing commence and I will keep you all posted!

treehugger.gif Bex -- Single, hardworking mama to reading.gif DS (11), love.gif DD (7), & flowerkitty.gif Lars (13)
#123 of 123 Old 08-18-2006, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have been doing pretty well. I spent $4.50 yesterday on some essential oil to make a farewell gift for someone who's leaving our firm. Other than that, I've been able to resist shopping, except for groceries.

And I have discovered that I need to increase my grocery budget. ($300 instead of $200.) My boys are hitting that "Hoover vaccuum" stage, where they literally eat everything in sight. (Puberty is hard on the pocketbook!)

Keep up the good work, mummas!

Visit www.evolutiontosimplicity.blogspot.com to follow my epic saga of single mummahood....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page