Mothering Forum banner

$100 Holiday Challenge!

558 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Starr 
#1 ·
So, we have practically no money for Christmas, but I'm not going to let this get me down. I have great plans for this Christmas! I have my moms, dh and dd's stockings to stuff, and I need gifts for SIL, Niece, my dad, and my 6 siblings. I making just about everything and my mom is helping me with a lot of the supplies I need. I plan on spending under $100 for Everything. Pictures, Cards, Stockings, Gifts, Cookie ingredients and whatever else. So, is anyone with me?

#2 ·
we've already purchased some things, so it will be hard for me to track exactly how much we spend altogether, but i'm hoping to not spend more than a hundred from this point on, and if i were to spend less than that from here on out, that would be even better. it's going to be a tight year for us too, but i am looking forward to the holidays. levi is at a fun age, and last year at this time, hubby and i were split up, so this ill be our first year together as a family. i want to make it nice, even if there isn't much money. i'm in.

#3 ·
Me too!

Of course, I realize it will be a bit easier for me because I don't have kids! I love making stuff and I've been doing it the past couple years.

Here's my idea for gifts this year:
-framed family photos to my parents, brother and sisters. I'll look for black classic looking frames second hand or on sale. I have tons of pics to choose from
I think I'll get them printed online. (7 people)

-travel pillows to young nephews. I'll make pillows with games on them (checkers, tic tac toe or abc's). I'll make them out of felt, the game on the front, a pocket in the back to hold pieces, and sew each kids name on them. (3 people) I have most of the supplies already though.

-to the baby: a long legged, long armed bear or monkey perfect for cuddling or dragging around.

-Other misc people might get baking. not sure.

#6 ·
My limit is no more than $10 per person. Not sure if that will put us in the $100 or under tribe but still it will be half as much as what we usually spend. I might do couple gifts though for combined BIL/SIL and will keep it under $20. I'm already keeping my eyes out for good deals. In July I got my nephew a shirt at the Childrens Place outlet for $2.99. So I think some books will finish his gift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.