Will somebody join me in "NO SPENDING" for April? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 128 Old 04-20-2007, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i guess i don't really belong here....cause its my life!

looking at how much everyone seems to be "holding back" i feel like i am in a no spend challenge every month! mostly my extras are: go out to eat 3-5x per month, occasionally buying something for the house or a deal that i just can't resist online, buying kids toys 1x per month (like $20-$30 max) and another $20 for misc. spending. so i guess $100/mo? and some of that is technically needed (clothes/home).

but i am going to stay here so that i don't get tempted for crap or using the cc!!
#122 of 128 Old 04-20-2007, 08:08 PM

i failed...big time...

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#123 of 128 Old 04-20-2007, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMama05 View Post
i failed...big time...

me too! :

I ordered a baby onesie for a friends new baby (couldn't resist!)

and just ordered another $50 in garden plants (will save us easily triple that this summer on produce though, growing our own food, so not too bad overall!)

this thread is making me MUCH more concsientious about my spending though. which is a very good thing!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#124 of 128 Old 04-21-2007, 01:39 AM

Today I put gas in the car, $35, bought $17 worth of groceries. Dd's ballet slippers had a major blow-out and she has class tomorrow so I bought her some new ones, $20. I am about to spend $1.75 on laundry. I remembered to pack a lunch and bring a water bottle again today. Not exactly no spending, but definitely doing much better.
#125 of 128 Old 04-22-2007, 10:37 PM

Loving this thread! I know it's almost the end of the month, but I'll think of it as a practice for May!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#126 of 128 Old 04-23-2007, 02:30 PM

Ok. I found this thread late, so April is out, but I am considering May. How do you deal with the groceries? We don't have a stand alone freezer so I can only buy so much meat in advance. We don't put anything on CC's, but I keep saying that I am trying to pay them off and haven't really put any extra towards them yet. I know that there is a lot of impulse spending going on, mainly with me since DH works all day and doesn't go to the store unless I ask. I would really like to do this so I can see just how much money we have left over at the end of the month.

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#127 of 128 Old 04-24-2007, 10:14 AM

Bought lunch for the kids and I yesterday at Chipotle to take to the playground. I am in the process now of making up our menu and grocery list for the rest of the week so I'm less tempted to buy food out.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#128 of 128 Old 04-26-2007, 02:01 AM

Well, we're doing really well for the month. We got our tax check, so we've been spending that for home remodeling, but that was already budgeted, and we consider it separate from our paycheck. We have only spent our tax money for what it was intended for. We've only gone out to eat once this month, and that was due to very bad planning, and it came down to - send the kids to basketball practice without eating or grab something at the mall. We opted to grab something at the mall (and no we weren't there spending money other than food!). The bad thing is that the place we ate is new and it was really good! We've wanted to go back, but we haven't! The only other money we spent that wasn't for bills, groceries or gas was for dh to have a father/son night out that they REALLY needed. So, I'm feeling pretty good about this month. We need to work on our grocery bill, but we are still adjusting to and learning about our new diet. So, once we have the hang of it a little better - I can work on the food budget. Anyway, this month has been good for us. If someone starts a no spend challenge for May, I'll probably hang around for inspiration. We have some things planned (camping for one!), but keeping in the no spending mindset is a good thing!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page