easter gift ideas for nieces/nephews - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-02-2007, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi

we have a bunch of nieces of nephews, and was looking for good easter gift ideas. i want to stay away from candy because im sure they'll get a ton, and im not maing a basket for each one, they are too many. how about a book each? should i wrap them in wrapping paper or just hand them out? any good ideas out there?
#2 of 8 Old 04-02-2007, 05:19 PM

a great idea is to get a big container of sidewalk chalk and give everyone a couple of them - you can also get the party favor sized bubbles as well! I think I got 24 bubbles for a few bucks at Target and 50 sidewalk chalks for $30 I believe..........

Really, check out the party supplies or things you might use for party favors! Decorated pencils are good too. Good luck!
#3 of 8 Old 04-03-2007, 12:45 AM

I'm doing books as well but I'm putting them in baskets with other misc stuff that we have collected throughout. I saw at the dollar store small easter baskets for under a dollar if you were interested in the baskets. Otherwise, I'd probably either stick them in little baggies (instead of wrapping them) or just hand them out. But I'd most likely do the small basket or bucket (for kids a bucket is great for sand and are usually found real cheap around this time) or the baggie.
#4 of 8 Old 04-03-2007, 09:39 AM

Just curious *why* you buy Easter presents for kids that are not yours?

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

#5 of 8 Old 04-03-2007, 02:19 PM

Toothbrush
Sunhat
Sunglasses

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#6 of 8 Old 04-03-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by root*children View Post
I can't answer for the OP, but I can answer for myself: I have four Small Friends in my life and I make a basket for each of them. It's just part of our tradition together.
#7 of 8 Old 04-03-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by root*children View Post
i just thought i'd jump in here too. in our family, we do this too, if we have the time, and can afford it. i suppose it wouldn't be practical if there were dozens of children in your family, but there aren't too many in ours. my son will be getting an easter basket from at least one of my sisters this year. i'm pretty broke, so i won't be buying anything for everyone this time around, but i made up goody bags for all the kiddos, as well as my adult siblings and their spouses for valentine's day this year. it's just a nice sort of surprise for the kids, and since we don't all always participate in every holiday, there's not really any pressure. (and for the record, in our case, it isn't about spending big bucks. the kids are usually just as happy with a candy bar or a toy from dollar tree as anything else. it's just a way of showing the kids we love em and were thinking about them....)
#8 of 8 Old 04-06-2007, 03:24 AM

Anyone looking for great Easter ideas should check out The Complete Tightwad Gazette from the library. It has terrific ideas.

To the OP, in case you don't get an alert, I PM'd you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page