If You Shop Mostly At Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, Clearance Racks, etc... Come In! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
1  2  3
Frugality & Finances > If You Shop Mostly At Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, Clearance Racks, etc... Come In!
katheek77's Avatar katheek77 07:15 PM 05-27-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by karina5 View Post
I am a major bargain betty. I have to be, since we don't have very much $$. But I'm wondering if anyone has one area of clothing where they are willing to spend a little extra.

For me, it's swimsuits. I have been wearing the same snagged, faded, shoddy swimsuit for several years, and decided it is waaaaaay past time to get a new one.

Wowza. Co-inky-dink. I buy all my stuff, and DD's stuff at thrift stores (husband rarely needs clothes, and usually gets it from his or my parents at christmas).

However, having stretched out my bathing suit last summer (which was 5+ years old, anyway) while 8/9 months pregnant, and having a water-lovin' baby, I just spent $96 (yes, you read that right) on a lands end bathing suit that I am REALLY hoping comes before Saturday's Military Meet and Greet at the Wave Park.

The things I won't buy used: bathing suits, underwear, lingerie. Anything else is up for grabs

TeaghansMama's Avatar TeaghansMama 08:14 PM 05-27-2007
yay! i love this tribe :

i was just pondering this question of myself today....
what won't I buy thrifting?

no undies...socks, (altho awesome handknit natural fiber would be picked up! shoes have to be like new for the girls...

i went thrifting today at the end of the month clearance... had a blast and scored a bunch of new summer skirts for me, lots of books, placemats, cloth napkins, stuff for my kitchen, a $4!! espresso machine .... (i'll save that much on iced coffee drinks this week!)

reduce, reuse, recycle, repurpose
marybethorama's Avatar marybethorama 12:09 AM 05-28-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengingophelia View Post
Heh. 12-sometimes-13 for me. I feel that pain. Where do you shop for shoes?
You know I can wear an 11 and I have great luck finding shoes for me. I think I"m one of the few people around here who wears that size.

I actually see a lot of 12s and even 13s on sale but it's a hit or miss thing.
1  2  3

Up