If You Shop Mostly At Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, Clearance Racks, etc... Come In! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 63 Old 05-27-2007, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karina5 View Post
I am a major bargain betty. I have to be, since we don't have very much $$. But I'm wondering if anyone has one area of clothing where they are willing to spend a little extra.

For me, it's swimsuits. I have been wearing the same snagged, faded, shoddy swimsuit for several years, and decided it is waaaaaay past time to get a new one.

Wowza. Co-inky-dink. I buy all my stuff, and DD's stuff at thrift stores (husband rarely needs clothes, and usually gets it from his or my parents at christmas).

However, having stretched out my bathing suit last summer (which was 5+ years old, anyway) while 8/9 months pregnant, and having a water-lovin' baby, I just spent $96 (yes, you read that right) on a lands end bathing suit that I am REALLY hoping comes before Saturday's Military Meet and Greet at the Wave Park.

The things I won't buy used: bathing suits, underwear, lingerie. Anything else is up for grabs
#62 of 63 Old 05-27-2007, 07:14 PM

yay! i love this tribe :

i was just pondering this question of myself today....
what won't I buy thrifting?

no undies...socks, (altho awesome handknit natural fiber would be picked up! shoes have to be like new for the girls...

i went thrifting today at the end of the month clearance... had a blast and scored a bunch of new summer skirts for me, lots of books, placemats, cloth napkins, stuff for my kitchen, a $4!! espresso machine .... (i'll save that much on iced coffee drinks this week!)

reduce, reuse, recycle, repurpose
#63 of 63 Old 05-27-2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengingophelia View Post
Heh. 12-sometimes-13 for me. I feel that pain. Where do you shop for shoes?
You know I can wear an 11 and I have great luck finding shoes for me. I think I"m one of the few people around here who wears that size.

I actually see a lot of 12s and even 13s on sale but it's a hit or miss thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page