dr. bronners - where to get best price??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 06-30-2007, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All -

In a constant search for frugality and better/safer items for my family - I want to get some Dr. Bronners - any suggestions on where to get the best price online? (I live in the country and do not have many resources like co-ops etc).

Also, how do YOU use Dr. Bronners -

Thanks -

Traci
#2 of 14 Old 06-30-2007, 11:32 AM

Join a frontier coop and get Bonnors and several other products like this for wholesale price. I love the Sal suds. It takes me months to go thru one bottle of this and it can be used for soooo much!

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#3 of 14 Old 06-30-2007, 11:59 AM

Dr. Bronner's has a lot of different uses. I dilute it to make shampoo, baby wipes solution and in a pinch, in place of laundry soap in the washing machine.

My favorite use of Dr. Bronner's, is to take a bottle 3/4 full and fill with water to dilute it. Then I use this to clean out the bathtub before my boys jump in. If I don't get it rinsed thoroughly it is ok. The dr. bronner's is what they bathe with anyway.

This is so much better than my husbands method of using some harmful bathroom cleaner then rinsing and rinsing to make sure there is no residue left for the kids bath.

Kathy
#4 of 14 Old 06-30-2007, 06:29 PM

The best price I have ever found was actually at an Army Surplus store.

Resistance is futile Matey
#5 of 14 Old 06-30-2007, 09:39 PM

We get ours at VitamanShoppe for way cheaper than any of the local healthfood stores.
#6 of 14 Old 06-30-2007, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Adam View Post
Also, how do YOU use Dr. Bronners -
One of the ways I love using Dr. B's is for handsoap. I fill up an empty liquid soap container 90% or so with water, then squirt in some Dr. B's. It is just enough to make our hands pleasantly soapy when we wash up. My kids are pretty reckless with the liquid soap so this economical approach means that I don't give a second thought to how much they use or if they (occasionally) decide it is a good idea to take the top off and pour it down the drain.
#7 of 14 Old 06-30-2007, 10:56 PM

trader joes has it for a good price

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
#8 of 14 Old 06-30-2007, 10:58 PM

What is a good price? (If you answer, please include size, for comparison. Thanks!)
#9 of 14 Old 07-02-2007, 12:43 PM

I mix it with vinegar, water and borax to make household cleaner.

I get mine at TJs, but I haven't comparison shopped too much. I know you can also buy it by the gallon, I wonder if that is the most cost effective?
#10 of 14 Old 07-02-2007, 02:56 PM

For buying off the web, I start at Vitacost.com. Here is there list of prices and dr bronners soap: http://www.vitacost.com/productResul...=dr%20bronners
#11 of 14 Old 07-02-2007, 02:58 PM

Frontier has the best price I have seen - under $30 for a gallon. My local HFS is $46.99!

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#12 of 14 Old 07-02-2007, 03:44 PM

Check Vitaglo.com too. They have free shipping if you buy over $50, and I've found their prices to be just a touch higher than Frontier, with no ship-to cost like there would be if you're in a co-op. I love the co-ops, but last time I bought some big packaged items and the ship-to-me cost totally negated all the Frontier savings :

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#13 of 14 Old 07-07-2007, 03:48 PM

: I need to get some more.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#14 of 14 Old 07-10-2007, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissel View Post
Check Vitaglo.com too. They have free shipping if you buy over $50, and I've found their prices to be just a touch higher than Frontier, with no ship-to cost like there would be if you're in a co-op. I love the co-ops, but last time I bought some big packaged items and the ship-to-me cost totally negated all the Frontier savings :
haha, i was just going to say vitaglo! i know the guy who owns it, and he's really cool and very crunchy! plus, its not too hard to get the $50 for free shipping. he's got the best prices i've seen on animal parade kids vitamins, solgar prenatals, and more.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page