Costco VS Aldi's?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-06-2007, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A new Costco is opening up in town this week but I'm wondering if I'd save any money shopping there over Aldi's. We have an Aldi's across town and I shop there about twice a month and it saves us a ton!

We had a Sam's membership years ago and let it lapse b/c I found I actually spent MORE there because I'd get specialty stuff I'd normally never buy just because it was a "good deal".

I thought I might go and check out Costco but I know I'll get suckered into the "idea" of saving money and join! It is really a great place to shop???

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-06-2007, 02:05 AM

I don't know about your aldi personally, but ours is useless, the staples wern't cheaper than my local meijers and the other stuff was either stuff we would never buy, or low quality generics that were also no cheaper than my meijers, who from experience have great quality generics, even organic ones.

As for costco, I have heard they are definatly cheaper for staples, and that they also carry organics, We havent had the chance to check ours out yet, but I plan to in the next few weeks.
#3 of 4 Old 08-06-2007, 02:10 AM - Thread Starter

We don't eat packaged foods for the most part. I buy nuts, olive oil, eggs, cheese, bagged salad, ww breat, ground turkey, hamburger patties, chicken breasts, and a few generic items like handsoap, etc at Aldi's. Those items are much cheaper at Aldi's than the grocery stores around here.

I shop the sales for our other items during the week. I wish I could afford organics right now but we just can't. I go try to buy unprocessed and no refined flour/sugar, etc though!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#4 of 4 Old 08-06-2007, 02:14 AM

we dont buy alot of organics either but when we can, i do like that meijers carrys their own organic brand and also cheap name brand organics.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page