"Lower Income Moms" October 2007 Support - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-30-2007, 03:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygirl View Post
I {and my parent's caregiver} cleaned the garage in prep for a yard sale in 2 weeks. I hope we do really well at it, because the stuff I've got listed on craiglist just isn't moving at all.

I guess I overdid it because I'm so exhausted now that I can't keep my eyes open at all - My doc told me to take it easy when I got out of the hospital a month ago {thyroid issues} but geez! DD is super cranky teething too - I resorted to a bottle of juice for her, and bed. I just can't handle her right now - gramma is watching her though.

tomorrow I have to go with my father {who has altimerz} to his doc, and tote along DD. I have no idea how I'm going to do this since gramma is using my wheelchair {hers died} and I know after today there is no way I can walk that much, let alone manage DD.
yeah they call it robotripping. but it always took alot of that stuff to get you um ***far enough *** iykwim.

i only take about half the rec. amount.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2007, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Belleweather----I just wanted to tell you that I was able to treat chronic low level depression successfully with L-tyrosine, EFA's 3,6,and 9, and a b-complex with added b-3. I am not sure if the l-tyrosine is safe, but you could google it. its a naturally occuring amino acid, so it sould be safe. Everything else is totally safe taken as directed.

its a bit pricey to go this route, but safe. The recovery feels so much better than antidepressants, too. It feels 'complete' somehow. KWIM?

On another note, we had our sleepover birthday party. It was so much FUN!!!! The girls were a blast and had a blast. We did oatmeal facials and foot and hand massages, foot baths, a talent show.... they were just so cute. Thanks mamas for the great ideas and support.

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediesmom View Post
On another note, we had our sleepover birthday party. It was so much FUN!!!! The girls were a blast and had a blast. We did oatmeal facials and foot and hand massages, foot baths, a talent show.... they were just so cute. Thanks mamas for the great ideas and support.
That's awesome! I am so glad that it went well!

"If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
Old 10-30-2007, 04:11 PM

Just poppin in to say hi!
I'm reading just usually naking and don't have time to respond.

Glad the sleepover went well, ediesmom

Chandi

: :Mama to 4 girls and Michael is here 9/11/09 We love :::
Old 10-30-2007, 05:53 PM

We are once again having problems with BoA and dh is still resisting changing banks. As usual dh deposited his check in the bank on Friday evening. The money was sitting there and had no problems with caring for bills or doing what we needed to over the weekend. Then today he needed to pick something up for work at Home Depot. His bank card was declined and he knows there should be money in the account. We are 1/4 mile tops from HD so he comes home and hops on the pc to see what's up. The bank for reasons neither of us can understand has put a hold on his check as of today : He left here to go to the bank in hopes of getting it all sorted out. I have no clue what is going on, but I am beyond sick of BoA. I also had fun on the walk home from getting dd from school if anyone wants to check that out in TAO.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
Old 10-30-2007, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We are having problems with BoA too. We are in the process of changing banks to a credit union. Anyway dh went and withdrew our money day after payday. I then needed to write a check for $200 so I went and deposited $200 in the bank. When I checked our online balance we only had $165.00. So Dh calls the bank. We were charged $35.00 for withdrawing our money. : The guy could not understand why, so he gave us back our money. Luckily our check had not cleared yet.

Heidi
Old 10-30-2007, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
We are having problems with BoA too.
I've been having trouble with BOA debit cards too - and all our funds are government deposits!!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 11:37 PM

Yep, me too. We actually switched all but the money for pending checks to another bank today.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:00 AM
DBZ

I wish I could blame my bank problems on BoA, but sadly they are all my fault. I hate how they post some things though. Drives me absolutely nuts!

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

Old 10-31-2007, 06:37 AM

Just popping in to share a little enthusiasm: after skipping class today to finish up my midterm for another class (seems a little contradictory, I know, but it was wildly necessary) ~~ it is finished! One of two massive midterms.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:38 AM

Yay for finishing midterms!

So an update on our bank saga. Last night we finally got through to someone that said the Federal Reserve put a hold on the money and the check dh was written. This makes no sense at all to any of us. The guy dh works for saw the money gone from his account on Saturday. This morning the money has been returned to the guy's account and we now have a huge mess that none of us understand. On top of that dh was telling me this morning that the kids and I will likely be heading to MI to stay with my parents for a couple months at least while he looks for work as there is nothing happening here when they are done in about 3 weeks : It's likely he will end up over near the DFW area as we know people there and he was talking with a friend that says there is plenty of construction work. I wouldn't mind if we all headed over there, but I hate the thought of moving in with my parents. I hate even more that we were supposed to be moving to FL so he could get back in to the video editing field and nothing has worked out that way. He is having serious back and knee problems from working in construction I don't want him doing it anymore, but the bills have to be paid : We have both been trying to come up with ideas to make things work here so we could stay at least until the baby is born and dd is done with kindergarten, but nothing is working. I'm in a nasty funk today thanks to all this.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
Old 10-31-2007, 12:13 PM

kristina~ mama. The construction field is rough. I'm sorry you are having a yucky day.

Aura_Kitten~
Yay for finished midterms!

Old 10-31-2007, 12:42 PM

DBZ - FWIW, I can't stand BoA, and would never bank with them again. Call me paranoid, but I could have sworn they would constantly set up our transactions so that instead of getting one bounce, we'd get hit with several. (And I was just reading an article in the paper yesterday accusing lots of banks of doing just that, especially when people use debit cards....this is why my Dh does not have the debit card )

I'm trying to be in a festive mood, but today was the day I was supposed to leave to go see Dh, and that's not happening now. :

Then this past weekend he had gotten ahold of me by phone to let me know that for his Article 15, which he did extra duty for no big deal, they said they were fining his next paycheck for $260 : So, our not going on this trip was a mixed blessing, b/c if I want to pay the rent on time and in full this month, well, I'd have very little left over to not want to be several states away from home!

Then yesterday I come home and BIL hands me these court summons for both Dave and I (that reminds me I have to call the #) over 2 year old medical bills we couldn't pay and insurance refused to pay....and I blame that whole fiasco on my UAV MIL as well... So now we're being sued for about $2,000 and something.

I've been so, so, so grateful that we have had a steady income coming in, but it's like the wolves came out of the forest and surrounded the house all of a sudden! I have finally managed to not spend the whole last paycheck for the first time but what I have left over doesn't hold a candle to everything we owe. It's fricken scary!: I know I have to pick away at it bit by bit, but sometimes it's just overwhelming, and now that I have a real live court summons (one I got earlier this year was a fake, if you will : ) all I can think is, can I budget a payment agreement with them that I can handle? And a month ago I said I'd give our old super some payments over time to cover unpaid rent at our last place.. I still haven't taken over car payments yet, and the car needs to be fixed to boot, and dh says he is going to buy a cell phone ....:

We were just planning on paying off the big debts next year if/when Dh got his bonus but I guess no one wants to wait! Geesh!
Old 10-31-2007, 04:28 PM

Well, Happy Halloween to everyone who celebrates it! Another month of being ridiculously poor is over and we all survived - for the most part. I hope November has only good things in store for all of us. If nothing else, ther would be plenty of seasonal jobs available for anyone who has time or child care to work. I am definitely looking for a job -for weekends, at least. I wanted to go look today, but it is soooo hard to do it with a two-year-old in tow. I may still go, but she is being pretty hyper and um....mischevious (doing purposely off-limits things and then laughing hysterically when I get mad...).

Rent is due tomorrow and I am a hundred dollars short. I called Catholic Charities finally about an hour ago (scared out of my mind for some reason) and spoke to the nicest woman who told me that they have no money. She did set me up for an appointment for next Wednesday to see if they can help me in any other way, such as diapers, clothing etc. I am not even thinking about how I am going to pay the water bill, child care next week, or gas.

Oh yeah, I am also supposed to fill in some paper for DCF since I recently added an expense (rent - that I can't pay). They want to know how I am payig my expense and copies of all of my income for the past month. Has anyone done one of these? I tried calling them (becasue I also need an extention, I just got it and it's due Fri.) but they don't don't give the option of talking to someone. Should I send a copy of my fin. aid check and the page wher it shows my fin.aid awards?

"If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
Old 10-31-2007, 05:30 PM

LankyLizards, we sent in a copy of our financial aid award letter, where it lists the amounts and when we'll get them, not a copy of the actual check. HTH. Good luck with all of it. Millions of hoops to jump through, always...

~Rose~ 

Homeschooling Mom to Two Boys, 13 & 9. rainbow1284.gif Baby Girl Arriving April 2013!

Old 10-31-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LankyLizards View Post
Oh yeah, I am also supposed to fill in some paper for DCF since I recently added an expense (rent - that I can't pay). They want to know how I am payig my expense and copies of all of my income for the past month.
Yeah, I love that one. "How are you paying your expenses?" "I'm not-- that's why I'm applying for the bloody food stamps/child support/etc."
: Sorry, that's one of my peeves...

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 10-31-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Yeah, I love that one. "How are you paying your expenses?" "I'm not-- that's why I'm applying for the bloody food stamps/child support/etc."

I hate that. "We need proof of how you're getting along..."
"Well, I didn't pay my electricity for three months and am about to get a shut-off notice..."
"OK so bring us the shut-off notice."

:: getting back to work on yet another midterm ::
Old 10-31-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
: If I could pay all of my expenses, would I be asking for the help? :

Old 10-31-2007, 11:19 PM
DBZ

Oh I hate the "how are you paying all this" question too. It's really stupid because if your income was able to cover your rent, elect, and heat, then you probably wouldn't qualify for assistance.

It also drives me nuts that a lot of places won't help you until you are getting evicted or have ashut off notice.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

Old 10-31-2007, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
Oh I hate the "how are you paying all this" question too. It's really stupid because if your income was able to cover your rent, elect, and heat, then you probably wouldn't qualify for assistance.

It also drives me nuts that a lot of places won't help you until you are getting evicted or have ashut off notice.
same here - I normally end up telling them I'm putting it on CC's, borrowingrom family, etc.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZ View Post

It also drives me nuts that a lot of places won't help you until you are getting evicted or have ashut off notice
that drives me batty too, especially since all those notices and etc get on your record, which ruins your credit after awhile, and disqualifies you for housing in places.... Why are we forced to wait until we're on the street to get help?? Shouldn't we have help BEFORE we get to that point?

Freaking system.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:37 AM

Absolutely!! <- to the previous 7 posts (or however many there were). The system sucks. And I ( and many of you...) am at its mercy....

I guess I will print out a copy of the fin. aid award schedule for DCF and fax it to them on Friday, after getting my landlord to sign a paper verifying that I actually live here. I have the rent to pay tomorrow. My mother (last person on Earth I expected) loaned me the hundred dollars and the money for my water bill. I am soooo getting a waitressing job now for weekends.

And October is drawing to a close. That seriously flew by. Now I have to go back and look at all of the goals that I made that I probably will just make again for November. See you all in the new thread!

Old 11-01-2007, 01:32 AM

Until today I have been thinking about what to do to get ahead in life. I have some debt, not tons but enough. My boyfriend and I are getting married in April and even though we live ok paycheck to paycheck there is NO room to save or seriously pay down any of our bills.

I work full time, am a full time mom and go to school full time. I applied for a seasonal job yesterday and was so depressed about doing it but knew I had no other choice. My boyfriend( a wonderful man) had also applied for some 2nd jobs but had heard nothing
In the middle of my sorrow last night after spending way too much money at the grocery, my bf got a call from a bar that he had applied at 3 mos ago. The manager asked him to come in for an interview today and HE GOT THE JOB!:::

The point I guess I am trying to make is that if you try your best to make the most out of what you have been given, god or karma or whatever there is out there will throw you a bone when you least expect it so keep your chins up ladies!

PS- there are 2 books I am reading by Dave Ramsey that migh help More Than Enough and The Financial Peace Planner I was a little leery in the beginning but there really is some advice that is useful.

::::=my passions
Old 11-01-2007, 03:24 AM

New Threadhttp://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=780446

Resistance is futile Matey

User Tag List