Light bulbs? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-08-2007, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not sure if this is the best place for this question - mod, feel free to move as necessary.

DH and I just replaced all of our old light bulbs with the new energy-saving, low watt bulbs. The only problem is that now we have a ton of old (but still functioning) light bulbs that we know we'll never use. Throwing them away feels like such a waste. Any ideas on what to do with them? Is there any place to which I can donate them?

Thanks!
~Morgan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2007, 04:44 AM

We replaced ours when the incandescent ones burnt out. Or if they were not burnt out we'd put the energy saving ones in the sockets that were turned on the most often & recycled the old ones in places that were not used often & replaced when they burnt out.

Now all of our bulbs except for 2 or 3 are energy savings, they have been for about 2 years. We haven't really noticed a change in the electricity.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:16 AM

Could you ask around and see if there is a shelter or other non-profit org that might want to use them until they are burned out? Surely there is someone who would use them. I don't know of anything creative you can do with them. Sorry, probably no much help.

User Tag List