For everyone.

Resistance is futile Matey
#122 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thystle View Post
mamamoo... what ages are the two boys that have bday's?

I might be able to help with that too.
One is turning 10 and one is turning 5.

My big boys. I can not believe they are getting so old.

Does anyone know what is going on with the holiday helper stuff this year?

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#123 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 03:08 PM
DBZ

Oh I just had an embarassing moment. I got my FS today so I let the kids gets salads from the salad bar which they really love. Here is Mass it's considered taxable and FS doesn't cover the tax (why? don't ask me). The tax was a whopping 85 cents. Thankfully I had 35 cents in my purse which I had to go get from the car since I never carry it LOL and 60 cents left on my child support card. I HATE stuff like that. I'm just really glad I didn't have to take the stupid salads off over pocket change. I AM SO SICK OF LIVING THIS WAY!!!!

Thystle, that is so sweet of you to share all that stuff with other mamas.

justmama, have you tried freecycle or the fairy forum in the TP for warmer clothes?

ediesmom, where are you in NE?

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#124 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 03:23 PM

mama, I hate embarrassing situations like that.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#125 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 03:57 PM

Kara. I hate when things like that happen. Lucky for me that usually when I run out of change it is when I need to pay for the parking meter to go to class, so at least no-one is witnessing my misfortune. Also lucky that I haven't gotten any tickets yet for the expired meters! :

#126 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
Oh I just had an embarassing moment. I got my FS today so I let the kids gets salads from the salad bar which they really love. Here is Mass it's considered taxable and FS doesn't cover the tax (why? don't ask me). The tax was a whopping 85 cents. Thankfully I had 35 cents in my purse which I had to go get from the car since I never carry it LOL and 60 cents left on my child support card. I HATE stuff like that. I'm just really glad I didn't have to take the stupid salads off over pocket change. I AM SO SICK OF LIVING THIS WAY!!!!

Thystle, that is so sweet of you to share all that stuff with other mamas.

justmama, have you tried freecycle or the fairy forum in the TP for warmer clothes?

ediesmom, where are you in NE?
I agree Thystle, that's awesome of you!!! I'll have to look through my stuff to see what I have to spare for all of you. I've been scouring our local consignment shop for long-sleeve shirts for the babe but EVERYTHING is onesies!!!! Everything! I think I need to see if I have the talent to cut up a cute onesie and zigzag the edge without ruining it on my sewing machine. That would solve the issue for FREE! I'm kinda sewing-machine challenged though. But I have managed to make nursing pads and mama pads from ffs fabric scraps on diaperswappers. God I love that place!
Thank goodness you had that change in the car. I didn't realize Mass has child support CARDS. Is it refilled like a fs card each month or each week??? Can you take out the money like a debit card???? Here in RI, I used to have direct deposit. I had to switch to another acct(due to fraud) and it's been a month and I still dont' have that money. Fortunately I had a little savings acct that paid most of my rent. But that's ridiculous. And to GET the child support changed over I had to go into the office and write a letter and hand it to them personally. It's completely out of control here. They don't care.:

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#127 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thystle;9628791[B
s_kristina[/B]... boy's 3T shirts and pants (you can buy denim and corduroy clothing at the thrift and then cut it apart to make little girl stuff )
If I can find things in good condition that's a good idea. Frequently I can find better deals on the material at the fabric store up the street with coupons or at the fabric dept in Walmart. She is also super hard on her clothes so if something has wear it's not going to hold up to her. Thanks for the ideas! I'll get a pm off to you in a couple minutes with our address.

For an update on our check/bank issue from the end of last month's thread I think. We got an envelope from the bank with dh's name on it yesterday and I was planning to make sure he opened it tonight as he had yet to get it cared for. Then helpful little people got in to the mail and ripped it open. I see a check stapled to the thing and I'm confused as we don't actually have check with our checking account we just use the debit card. I look at the note with the check and the check was not signed by the guy dh works with. Even more annoying was that neither of them noticed before dh put it in the atm. I also have to agree with the teller who told dh on Monday that this would not have happened if he took it in to the bank. An actual teller would have noticed the missing signature and not deposited the check. Making for an annoying drive in rush hour traffic to get it signed, but not a big deal really. Instead we have a check returned by the Federal Reserve and an account frozen : Yet another reason to hope dh get the job he was interviewed for. They are supposed to do direct deposit so no worries about checks not being signed.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#128 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamoo View Post
Does anyone know what is going on with the holiday helper stuff this year?
Currently the only info on the HH is here http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=782891 I've gone through my dd's drawers and pulled up out some too small stuff in great condition that I'd love to ship to a mama in need of it and have been waiting for that thread to go up. I know how hard it is to find big kid sizes in thrift stores that actually work for your kids. I was also really hoping things would take off better with my business so I could afford to ship out a couple slings or mei tais to new mamas in need of them. If they do the raffle thing again I'll probably also see what kind of material I can get to do something up really special that way. We might not have much money to share this year and might even be asking for help again, but I can give what my kids have outgrown and with some help donate my sewing skills to help out other families that need help. Being able to share with others would really just make my solstice shine this year.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#129 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thystle View Post
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

For everyone.
Thanks!

And back at ya!
#130 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 05:45 PM

Thystle, I sent you a PM and wanted to thank you again for sharing with all of us here!
#131 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 05:48 PM

justmama what size shirts are you wearing/will you need for the winter? I have tons of sweatshirts, sweaters, and fleeces and would be glad to pass some on if I have any that would fit you! LMK!
#132 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 06:24 PM

Sonrisaa: My husband's major is in Molecular Biology... I think. I always get it confused with microbiology. He's in the one that isn't about yeast, and is about cell makeup.

Thystle: I've sent you a PM. Thanks so much, again, for doing this.

natural_mama89: I missed that you were looking for newborn CDs. What do you have/are you planning on using? I don't have a lot of extra, but I did over-sew on covers and would be happy to share the bounty.

Quote:
We are in RI. And yeah, it's freezing here. Last night was so rainy and windy and cold and being pregnant and "low income" I have just one warm shirt to wear and it didn't get enough time hung up on the line downstairs so it was still wet and MAN was I cold.
Justmama, I'm almost done being pregnant, and you'll be at this for a while longer than me -- would you like some warm sweaters for the rest of the winter? I'm not planning on another baby for a good long while (and hopefully, not a winter one again!) and I'd rather send them to someone I know who needs them than St. Vinnies! It's mostly L/XL, with some mediums.

Here's my gratitude list for the day:

1. I am grateful for "Goop", which was 99 cents at Walgreens and glued my laptop cord back together perfectly! The power connector was breaking off the power cord and it would have killed the machine, since Apple has been backordered on the replacement since late 2005.

2. I am grateful that DH is looking into getting further career training, even if I'm dubious about his ability to follow through or do well at it.

3. I am grateful for all you wonderful mamas.
#133 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 06:30 PM
DBZ

Here is some updated info on HH. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=782891

#134 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 06:37 PM
DBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post
I didn't realize Mass has child support CARDS. Is it refilled like a fs card each month or each week??? Can you take out the money like a debit card???? Here in RI, I used to have direct deposit.
Yep it totally is a refillable debit card. I don't know when Mass started that as my c.s. case is new here. It was in FL, but it got moved to Mass....I'm assuming because of the fs/welfare people. When my case was in FL, I was only getting the "when and how much he felt like" check. Now I get the full albeit small amount plus his arrears. In my case, the money is only added monthly. I'm really liking this system. I'm surprised it's not used in more places.

#135 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 07:53 PM

Belleweather, it would be lovely if you could send me some covers, I only have 1 newborn prorap and 2 pairs of small gerber vinyl pants for newborn covers. I am in the process of making a recycled wool wrap, but I don't know if it will work. In addition to that I have I think 9 fitteds (6 KL0's and 3 Dappi) and 4 pocket diapers (along with various prefolds and flats of varying quality). With the covers and what Thistle is sending me I should be good.

Student and aspiring midwife mama to Angel: and Iris. Expecting a new sometime near Halloween! I am a all the way!!!!!
#136 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 08:54 PM

Justmama, we are in maine, right on the coast (can see the ocean from my livingroom) it WAS a rather blustery day..and night! I got chills thinking about you in a damp sweater! Thank you for the offer of yarn. I'll pm you.....

DBZ.....it drives me nuts that in a situation like that there isn't some sort of non-embarrassing buffer, like they waive the freaking tax. But, no! they prefer to have us looking and feeling conspicuous. I am impressed, however, that your dc would get a SALAD!!!! my dd only eats actual salad in my dreams.

and thank you to who posted the HH link. I think I need to go that route this year. It would be nice to not go into further poverty hell so dd can have a few gifts. One thing about years this financially tight is that dd and I have to make everything (usually food). I scored some new mason jars off freecycle so I think we will do fun brownie or cookie mixes. I LOVE working with her on Christmas projects! So that is the bright side of being really poor

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#137 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 10:01 PM

Hey guys! Hope everyone had a decent weekend... we actually had a good day and we actually got to spend the day together which was great!!!

Does anyone out there have any prefold covers or smaller size diapers they are looking to get rid of? I could totally pay something... I just don't know how I am going to get a stash for this baby!!!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#138 of 1296 Old 11-04-2007, 10:56 PM

Belleweather: My husband has a BS in Molecular Biology as well He also has a MA in Theology so he had looked into several Bioethics programs as well. He had looked at De Sales University for the PA program and since they're so highly recommended for the PA, they're the ones who told him that any science classes you take are only valid for 7 years.

Thystle: I think I am actually ok now, my mom is going to get him some jeans.
#139 of 1296 Old 11-05-2007, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
Hey guys! Hope everyone had a decent weekend... we actually had a good day and we actually got to spend the day together which was great!!!

Does anyone out there have any prefold covers or smaller size diapers they are looking to get rid of? I could totally pay something... I just don't know how I am going to get a stash for this baby!!!!

If you pm me an addy, I can send you a few too.

I will try to get the boxes out on Tuesday, and don't worry about the postage everyone... keep the $$.

#140 of 1296 Old 11-05-2007, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediesmom View Post
Justmama, we are in maine, right on the coast (can see the ocean from my livingroom) it WAS a rather blustery day..and night! I got chills thinking about you in a damp sweater! Thank you for the offer of yarn. I'll pm you.....
Definitely do PM me, I've got enough to share. My little sis is in Maine too! Belfast actually, so she's on the coast as well.

#141 of 1296 Old 11-05-2007, 01:53 AM

Belleweather and MrsKennedy, that's so nice of you! If either of you could spare a sweater or two, I would gladly paypal you some money. I am wearing a medium typically but even a large would be great! More room to let the belly grow!
naturalmama, I have 2 nb bummis original covers that big bird won't be using if you want them. Just PM me with an address and I'll get those out to you free of charge.

#142 of 1296 Old 11-05-2007, 09:10 AM

good morning! just checking in!
Today I get to meet with my academic advisor to figure out classes for next semester! hopefully i'll get some really interesting ones. This semester has been all about feminism and gender---which is cool, just not where my heart is at.

THEN!!!! I am going to a conference on POVERTY! YUP! a whole conference on the subject. I'll be late, but there for at least 4 hours. I'll share more later. Hopefully i'll get some useful information for us all to utilize.

when I logged on this am I got a PM from a mama offering me a space heater! Is it stupid to cry about that? I hadn't even opened it and was sobbing. I am so grateful.

which reminds me
1. i am grateful that a gf is letting me use her car to go to the POVERTY conference
2.I'm grateful that I got so much laundry done and dried on the line yesterday
3. i am grateful for the extra credit i am getting for watching tootsie and writing a paper on it.....easy credit

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#143 of 1296 Old 11-05-2007, 10:26 AM
DBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediesmom View Post
good morning! just checking in!
Today I get to meet with my academic advisor to figure out classes for next semester! hopefully i'll get some really interesting ones. This semester has been all about feminism and gender---which is cool, just not where my heart is at.

THEN!!!! I am going to a conference on POVERTY! YUP! a whole conference on the subject. I'll be late, but there for at least 4 hours. I'll share more later. Hopefully i'll get some useful information for us all to utilize.

when I logged on this am I got a PM from a mama offering me a space heater! Is it stupid to cry about that? I hadn't even opened it and was sobbing. I am so grateful.

which reminds me
1. i am grateful that a gf is letting me use her car to go to the POVERTY conference
2.I'm grateful that I got so much laundry done and dried on the line yesterday
3. i am grateful for the extra credit i am getting for watching tootsie and writing a paper on it.....easy credit

What are you majoring in? I'm so glad that some of you are in college. From my POV it looks like a light at the end of you rpoverty tunnel.

I know what you mean about the sobbing part. I had that same feeling recently.

Keep us posted ont hat conference. Sounds very interesting!

#144 of 1296 Old 11-05-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamoo View Post
ugh.

my husband found someone else...he moved out in april, and strung me along saying he didn't know what he wanted, and still telling me he loved me up til a week ago when he found someone that likes him, he showed up monday with hickies all over his neck, and has treated me worse ever since. He says he wants a divorce, and I am ok with that. I am sooo sad for my kids, that he didn't even try, that he is so addicted to the freedom without his kids and wife that he could do this to them.
But I am grateful that I have a ton of supportive friends and family, and our councelor that have watched the whole thing, and know the truth, that I am not making stuff up, or rewriting history to make myself look better. I have always taken responsibility for my part in the seperation, too bad he can't do the same.
I am grateful that I am strong, and that I will rise above this, and that I am taking the high road, and telling the truth.
I am grateful that now we are free of his addictive behavior, and that we can move on and have a good life.
I am grateful for these amazing(and challenging!) kids, that I love and cherish, and make the struggle all worth it!

I don't know what to say.
#145 of 1296 Old 11-05-2007, 12:18 PM

Awwww, ediesmom, that so awesome about the space heater! Are you a Social Work major? Enjoy the conference.

DBZ, I definitely see graduating from college as the light at the end of the tunnel too. I mean, even getting a relatively low-paying job would be way better than where I am now. Plus, some fields pay off your student loans for you, at least in my area.

"If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
#146 of 1296 Old 11-05-2007, 01:33 PM

ediesmom... anything else you need?

#147 of 1296 Old 11-05-2007, 01:47 PM

Any of the previous homeschoolers still on here????? There were quite a few of us in the beggining.

I have a feeling that Nov-Jan is going to be more busy and more depressed on here... how could we all help each other through that?

When the xmas/holiday season panic/depression/guilt/blahs hit?

I am grateful for:

1.) This time of being "not low income" (which wont last much longer) so that I can get caught up on stuff and help a few lovely ladies on here.

2.) That through even the hardest and lowest times I was able to stay home with my 3 special needs kids.

3.) That I survived Halloween and did not need to use my little guy's Epi-pen like I was freaking out would happen.

#148 of 1296 Old 11-05-2007, 03:14 PM

We are having issues with taking care of my health and eating nutritionally right now. I have to get this all figured out.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#149 of 1296 Old 11-05-2007, 03:49 PM

Hope you get some good info at the conference, ediesmom!
#150 of 1296 Old 11-05-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee View Post
We are having issues with taking care of my health and eating nutritionally right now. I have to get this all figured out.
Is there anything we can help you with?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page