November No-Spend Challenge ~ Come check in, it's time to get started saving money! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 01:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TELL MY THAT I NEED TO NOT BUY MORE GYMBOREE CLOTHES. Circle of Friends coupons come out tomorrow. I don't need more. The kids don't need more. We are set for clothes until spring, and I don't want more made in asia clothes... I was going to find a clothing company that is made here or in Europe in good working conditions....

Need to not look at the website.
#482 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 01:46 AM

BE - Do NOT look at the website. Just more stuff filling up your house and your life, distracting you from the really good stuff in it.

I just took care of the DS shoe problem - I ordered a pair from a coop. Actually, I ordered two pair, but he only needs one. Going to think on it and decide tomorrow which ones I want him to have (I think the one is going to be OOS, so it won't matter...). And, I can wait to give them to him for Christmas b/c I ordered a size bigger than he needs right now. I've nearly got both kids' Christmas shopping done. Yay.

Dinner out with my parents tonight; they paid. I did buy Starbucks today, but it came out of the SB fund, so it was ok. Three books at Amazon - they were all under $7 and I get free shipping, so it beats the local guy. Two are the same, but one for me and one for STBXH (on resolving conflict). The other is a gift for a friend.

*~* A * Mama to C and A * *~* I blog - PM me for the URL
#483 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 02:10 AM

Nov 1: 138$ groceries
Nov 2: no-spend
Nov 3: no-spend
Nov 4: $10 at McD's. Ugh. Mama's sick and no one feels like cooking.
Nov 5: dh spent $3 for lunch out (still better than his previous $8/day habit)
Nov 6: $90 planned spending- gas, & misc.
Nov 7: $45 gas in dh's car

November Goals:

no spend days 2/20

Groceries: $138/$450

Eat-out: $13/$50

Gas: $94/$200

Misc:$45/$200

Get at least 1 more tutoring job. (possibly in the works )

Homeschooling mom of 2 rambunctious, loving, spectacular boys, wife to an incredible man who has been my best friend on this journey <3

#484 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 02:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nov 1 $14.00
Nov 2 $24.13 groceries
Nov 3 $0
Nov 4 $0
Nov 5 $10 Dr. Co-pay
Nov 6 $70 haircut and hair supplies $50.17 groceries :
Nov 7 $44 dinner

$118.30/$400 groceries
$84/$300 household
2/15 no spend days
1/8 meals out
#485 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 02:35 AM

November 1:
November 2: $48 at Target (all nec though/gift), $2 parking, $5 made 3 new keys, $120 Amazon gifts
November 3: $2.75 food, $18.50 wine, $22 post office
November 4: $6 food, $10 on laundry
November 5: CANCELLED CABLE INTERNET! Not only saved $50 this month but I get a $17 refund as well!
November 6: (DH bought some groceries but I spent nothing!)
November 7: I forgot the water bottle and had to spend $1.75 on water. Arg. Otherwise we did good with only ds's $2 for pizza at soccer class.

$129/$650 household/food
$197/$300 Misc Spending
0/$40 metrocard
10/$50 laundry
18.50/$40 for fun
0/$400 into savings account
0/$600 on the debt
2/15 no-spend (on anything, even necessary things)

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#486 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 03:08 AM

Nov. 1:
Nov. 2:
Nov. 3: $2.50 (DD's "Princesses" backpack)
Nov. 4:
Nov. 5:
Nov. 6:
Nov. 7:

Went out to breakfast this am as a family; within budget.

Kim

GOALS:
* Less than $100 in frivolous spending: month to date $2.50
* At least 25 days (no spend or spending w/in budget): 7/30
* Avoid Target: 7/30
* Pack snacks/water for outings: 7/30
* NO library fines: month to date $0
* Stay within grocery budget: $312.51/$430
* Stay within eating out budget: $39.56/$80
#487 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 03:15 AM

Yay me! I'm doing so well. I'm proud of me, I'm sticking with the pantry challenge. I've cooked ALL of our food for the last week- this is a big thing for me And I'm really proud of the way I've been able to be creative make some really yummy meals out of the pantry.

Nov. 1- $13.32 at Natural Foods store
Nov. 2- $37.85 on pizza delivery
Nov. 3-
Nov. 4-
Nov. 5-
Nov. 6-
Nov. 7-

My goals:
Lunch out with DH: 0/2
Stay within 15 miles of home: 6/24
No frivolous spending: 6/30
Track Grocery spending: $11.30
Track Eating out/take out spending: $37.85
Track gasoline spending: $0
Track spending/income on chickens: $2.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGlimmeringHope View Post
Ladies, I've gotten 4 emails about the piano I put on CL last week. I just sent them all pictures. We need this money- it will pay for our furniture we just bought and pay down quite a chunk of our credit cards. I've also got to return two calls tomorrow about my massage table- same thing we need this to sell as well! Please send all the good vibes you can spare our way!
I saw that the piano is gone- hooray! How about the massage table?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalotusyoga View Post

I've been spending waaayyy to much on the new house and much needed items. I've bought a rug and a trash can and curtains and light fixtures and convenience foods, my sin from last month continues! Arrrgghh, but I have been using the car less as we're down to ONE CAR!
So I'm not going to be keeping a tally this month ladies, as it will be way too difficult and frustrating to me trying to jump online at the library with two kids in tow...so I wish you all well and I'll post once in awhile, I'll be thinking of you all and wish you the best in your no-spend month! Hope to see you again all soon!

Summer
Congrats on the new house. And I am so impressed with your one car family. We could not do it, but yay for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle524 View Post
Update to yesterday's post. We got a pizza. I was way too down in a PPD funk to cook anything. I'm really hoping it passes soon. This really doesn't help our budget.
I hope you're able to pull yourself out of the funk soon. Pizza's always my fall-back, I understand the temptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarAndSun View Post
HELP! I really need a very filling meal from a half-way-decent Italian, Mexican, or Asian restaurant. I CAN'T STAND eating at home anymore! : and... I HATE cooking. OK, rant over. Talk me out of this please.
You held out and made good choices- well done! Great idea to make something similar at home. You can treat yourself by making something special AND by taking care of your financial well-being at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2dea View Post
no I will have to put that in the budget in Jan ...LOL
Really, it's not hard to make bread or pizza dough without a bread machine. I actually find kneading to be quite theraputic

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomom View Post

As for the yeast, I don't refrigerate mine, but that doesn't mean you aren't supposed to...however, since the dough needs to be warm to rise...I would think you wouldn't refrigerate...but what do I know, I throw it in a machine and let it do the work and thinking for me!
Yeast- it depends on what kind it is. Active dry yeast that you buy in the packets does not need to be refrigerated. Active dry yeast that you buy in a jar *does* need to be refrigerated after the jar has been opened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshundqueen View Post
Have cooked every night the last two weeks except Halloween (we went out) and Sunday night this week (my mother took us to dinner). I am so proud of myself!!
Hooray for you! I think that's fantastic- I hope I can make it another week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina_yyc View Post

I don't feel like I've been spending money but over 1/3 of my budget is gone already. This month is going to be a long haul.

It was my first week back at work and so far I've brought lunch every day...woot.
How is the first week back at work going? I followed your fashion thread- did you complete your wardrobe so that you feel comfortable with all of your fashionable colleagues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyElephant View Post
TELL MY THAT I NEED TO NOT BUY MORE GYMBOREE CLOTHES. Circle of Friends coupons come out tomorrow. I don't need more. The kids don't need more. We are set for clothes until spring, and I don't want more made in asia clothes... I was going to find a clothing company that is made here or in Europe in good working conditions....
Your kids do NOT need any more gymbo clothes. Sure they're cute. But your kids will be cute no matter what they wear, right??? Besides, how silly are you going to feel if you buy something and your kids stain/rip/ruin the incredibly cute outfit the first time they wear it? Not worth it.

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
#488 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 04:18 AM

I literally physically think I am going to be sick and I just do not understand this at all! The only money we have spent is the $300 taken out for groceries, $60 on math curriculum and $30 on pymt towards a gazelle I bought from my neighbors. And the mortgage and electric of course. But we still have 3 bills unpaid from this paycheck, 1 of which will automatically be coming out tomorrow or the day after leaving us with $15 until payday and 2 unpaid bills. I just don't understand how, why. No other month have we had any problems paying all of our bills plus having a tiny bit extra, i don;t even have anything left of the $250 I stocked in to savings. Where did it go? How did it just disappear like that?

My dh is going to be hungry at work b/c his food hasn't arrived yet (the nutrisystem came from our combined mad money so we don't even have that to fall back on) and there is nothing for him to take in with him. The kids are down to their last day of snacks and no money to buy more supplies that I need, which aren't even expensive supplies but are more than we have.

I am thankful my pups breeder is understanding and is not expecting us to pay for our pup until after Feb's tax return because otherwise I'd be relinquishing the pup as there is no way to pay for her Which seems so small but we have been waiting on this dog for a long time and it would break my children;s hearts not to have her.

I have a check coming for some knitting I did but no idea when it will arrivbe and I can't knit enough and fast enough to earn more.

Looks like I'll be combing the house for things to sell on craigslist.....
#489 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarAndSun View Post
A chifforobe is a closet-like piece of furniture that combines a long space for hanging clothes (that is, a wardrobe or armoire) with a chest of drawers. Typically the wardrobe section runs down one side of the piece, while the drawers occupy the other side.

I love it! This was ALWAYS an issue when I taught To Kill A Mockingbird!
:

With a much better description than my insomnia, sleep-deprived mind could have come up with!
#490 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 07:42 AM

Nov 1: $30 for DH and I to eat out
Nov 2:
Nov 3:
Nov 4:
Nov 5: : $107 for dd's new bed, $80 for our new chiffarobe. Both necessary.
Nov 6: $8 for food (budgeted). $325 made from sell of piano.
Nov 7: Made $100 from sale of massage table. Spent $30 and rest is for DH and I to split and spend while out of town tomorrow. But he already spent his and we haven't left yet!
#491 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIBE View Post
I literally physically think I am going to be sick and I just do not understand this at all! The only money we have spent is the $300 taken out for groceries, $60 on math curriculum and $30 on pymt towards a gazelle I bought from my neighbors. And the mortgage and electric of course. But we still have 3 bills unpaid from this paycheck, 1 of which will automatically be coming out tomorrow or the day after leaving us with $15 until payday and 2 unpaid bills. I just don't understand how, why. No other month have we had any problems paying all of our bills plus having a tiny bit extra, i don;t even have anything left of the $250 I stocked in to savings. Where did it go? How did it just disappear like that?

My dh is going to be hungry at work b/c his food hasn't arrived yet (the nutrisystem came from our combined mad money so we don't even have that to fall back on) and there is nothing for him to take in with him. The kids are down to their last day of snacks and no money to buy more supplies that I need, which aren't even expensive supplies but are more than we have.

I am thankful my pups breeder is understanding and is not expecting us to pay for our pup until after Feb's tax return because otherwise I'd be relinquishing the pup as there is no way to pay for her Which seems so small but we have been waiting on this dog for a long time and it would break my children;s hearts not to have her.

I have a check coming for some knitting I did but no idea when it will arrivbe and I can't knit enough and fast enough to earn more.

Looks like I'll be combing the house for things to sell on craigslist.....
Tribe, I'm so sorry! I don't have any advice or anything constructive, just feel badly that you're feeling so badly.
#492 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 08:31 AM

Yesterday was sort of a no spend, but I'm counting it as such. I had to get envelopes to mail stuff.

Today I have to go to the post office to mail something, so I'll run some errands while I'm out. So it'll be a drive/spend, I'm sure.

New Totals:
3/11 no drive days
2/17 no spend days
$10.54/$50 mad money (for coffees, lunches, etc.)
$111.47/$300 groceries
$68.07/$200 take out/restaurant
$80/$134.02 entertainment

7/30 turn off computer
#493 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyElephant View Post

Need to not look at the website.
I agree. Don't look. I just deleted the email before even opening it. I LOVE gymboree, but I just keep reminding myself that I should buy from wahm's when I can. If you don't look, you can't fall in love with something.

Tribe...I'm so sorry! That is awful. Money is so hard for me to manage. I've been where you are so many times and just can never figure out what happened.
#494 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 10:26 AM

I didn't get a chance to post last night, since I decided to go to bed when DS did. I was SO tired yesterday. When is this kid gonna sleep more than a few hours at a time?

Anyway, we walked up to the local grocery store yesterday to get a few things for dinner at the end of the week. We also stopped at the library and picked up a book I had on reserve. Our library has a policy that if you request something and don't pick it up, they fine you $1 per item. Moving here has cured me of requesting items and then not getting them!

10/1: $12.60 flowers for my mom's birthday
10/2: $23.23 gas for the car + $62.17 actual groceries at the farm ($25 raw milk, $8.38 ham slices & $28.79 raw cheese) + $10.58 treats at the farm ($2.73 chocolate bar, $3.90 granola bars & $3.95 egg nog)
10/3: $14.50 entrance to the zoo + $2.65 for candy
10/4:
10/5:
10/6: $36.67
10/7: $8.86 groceries

KEY:
True no spend
Spending within budget
Spending outside budget

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#495 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 10:44 AM

November 1: $50 on take out (budgeted)
November 2:
November 3:
November 4:
November 5:
November 6: $6.96 on swap shipping (budgeted); $8 on take-out
November 7: $7 on take-out
November 8:

Goals:

Pack lunch every day at work:
Take bus to work every day:
No spend days: 5/15

Unbudgeted spending, running total: $15
#496 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 10:44 AM

Tribe - oh mama, I'm so sorry it's so tough right now. Maybe write it all down so you know where it's going and can maybe stop the purge next time around?

*~* A * Mama to C and A * *~* I blog - PM me for the URL
#497 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 11:53 AM

Nov. 1 - :$50 for faxes, $16.49 for lunch {chines buffet place that ups my milk supply with their yummy wonton soup}, $55 for brakes, and $30.12 at goodwill {mostly for x-mas gifts}
Nov. 2 - $8.36 at Wendys {needed to eat with medication}, $35 at Sun Harvest {all need items really}. Made $56 selling old baby items on craigslist
Nov. 3 - $10 FOL book Sale {new books NOT from china for DD} Made $20 in Survey Checks
Nov. 4 - {some spending but I didn't do it! Gramma went shopping}
Nov. 5 - $17.29 at Mcdonalds {We had been out since 8am, and DD had to have blood draws done - after which she wouldn't let go of me at all - thus the fast food.}
Nov. 6 - $184 for groceries {pretty good considering my bill before coupons was $342!). $20 at the thrift {Christmas presents - budget spending!}. $60 for Perscriptions {budgeted but now my medicaid is through so I won't have to pay this again for a while!}
Nov. 7 - : $42 at Walmart {christmas supplies}

Key:
True no spend
Spending within budget
:Spending outside budget

Today we're headed to Target {big coupon shopping trip} - I'm going to try really really hard to only buy what we NEED {and what is free after coupons!}

November Goals:
no spend days 1/15
Eat at home Days 3/20
Stick to the List Days {We grocery Game} 2/20
Try to only spend the Food Stamps 119.56/413
Craiglist money made 56/100
Surveys money made 40.35/?
#498 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Every night he falls asleep in front of the tv. I ask if he's coming to bed, he says it's too early to go to bed. I say what's the difference if you're sleeping here already. He says it's different b/c he's in bed, not on the couch :. He then claims he'll come up later, he never does. So the tv is on all night. In addition to wasting tremendous amounts of electricity on an ongoing basis, he doesn't sleep well b/c the tv is always too loud and the flashing lights and whatnot. Then he's cranky. So the goal is two-fold.
I see! So how is it going? Sounds like a tough one!

Quote:
Thanks mama...

OT, but DS went out w/ MIL & FIL so I could work and they ended up taking him to the mall and getting him pictures w/ santa. His first time and I wasn't there. Been crying all afternoon. I really can't stand MIL and she's all I have to watch DS while I work. So not what I needed today.:
That sucks!! Very Disrespectful.
#499 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 01:27 PM

Next month I need to make some of those goals like everyone has but for this month my goal is just to accurately and honestly record everything I spend. Then I can look for places I messed up and go from there I'll mark planned versus unplanned spending

11/1 planned Postage for mitten swap: $8.15
11/2 cream cheese for bagel: $0.88
11/3 scrapbooking supplies/gift for a swap/christmas gift: $54.56
11/4 Today was a no-spend day for me. Technically it wasn't but DP did the gas/grocery run so I did not spend anything - about $80 in groceries and $30 in gas. Really generous of him!
11/5 first official No Spend Day! Even though I really wanted a hot chocolate at work I refrained.
11/6 planned $20 doctor's visit copay. Nothing other than that - I refrained from getting a to-go pizza for lunch. Go, me!
11/7 bad day. planned $6 in craft supplies for Christmas gift. planned $47 on cat food. unplanned $20 on dinner for DP and I (takeaway indian). BUT, I did NOT buy any food at work even though I didn't bring a lunch - I was able to eat one of the soups I stocked at my desk.
11/08 planned $20 physical therapy copay.

jog.gif:bikenew.gif// knit.gif:reading.gif:notes2.gif // cat.gif:cat.gif 

Our precious baby girl is coming to turn our world upside down in January 2014!

#500 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpi View Post
I see! So how is it going? Sounds like a tough one!

That sucks!! Very Disrespectful.
#501 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 01:51 PM

NOVEMBER
1: Used $40 prepay at the chiropractor
2: Used $40 prepay at the chiropractor, spent $64.84 on orthopedic inserts for my shoes (and for DH) so I can hopefully avoid using more prepays at the chiropractor! Plus shipping swap stuff for $32.57 and $1.00 at the library to look up my card - stupid tax because I left it at home.
3: $35 on gas
4: $22.77 on groceries - 2 gal. organic milk, 18 organic eggs, box of Gardenburgers at Costco
5: $19.52 on baby wipes and a slice of pizza and diet soda at Costco - skipping the baking set I wanted but didn't need!
6: : $9 for school lunch. I didn't pack. But I earned $40 for an hour at a user study.
7: Tru no spend; I earned $170 babysitting
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:
30:

Total Spent this month within budget: $172.22

GOALS:
* Stay within budget!: 5/30
* Stay within grocery budget (includes Thanksgiving): $34.31/$300
* Less than $200 in frivolous spending: month to date: $12.54
* At least 20 days (no spend or spending w/in budget): 5/30
* Pack school lunch every day: 1/8
* NO Big Box Stores (Costco excluded): 5/30
* NO library fines: month to date $0

KEY:
True no spend
Spending within budget
: Spending outside budget
#502 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 02:00 PM

This is a few pages back, but I think the Dave Ramsey "average family" thing is bunk. And I'm okay with DR. Check the USDA Plan for Cost of Food At Home, updated monthly, for a more accurate picture of what a family of your size might spend in four different spending categories (thrifty, low cost, moderate, and luxury (I can't remember that last one's name)). It doesn't take location/cost of living into account, but it's more accurate than some general "average family" without any indicators of what makes up that average family or where they live. We're in a crazy high cost of living area and food just costs more here. So does gas, rent, clothes, etc. We went to Target when we were travelling in Oregon and were stunned at how much cheaper things were.
#503 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momaste View Post
This is a few pages back, but I think the Dave Ramsey "average family" thing is bunk. And I'm okay with DR. Check the USDA Plan for Cost of Food At Home, updated monthly, for a more accurate picture of what a family of your size might spend in four different spending categories (thrifty, low cost, moderate, and luxury (I can't remember that last one's name)). It doesn't take location/cost of living into account, but it's more accurate than some general "average family" without any indicators of what makes up that average family or where they live. We're in a crazy high cost of living area and food just costs more here. So does gas, rent, clothes, etc. We went to Target when we were travelling in Oregon and were stunned at how much cheaper things were.
Man, I had no idea quoting DR here would be so controversial. To clarify, DR said that a family of 4, living on an average income (based on national incomes) spends about 700 on food.

I think it's different for everyone, granted. I simply stated that to give the OP some point of reference. I live in Texas, have a family of 4..2 adults and 2 children...and we spend 500-800 on food. I buy all organic and no junk foods, very little pre-packaged, but organic meat is expensive....and I do occasionally buy wine or beer.

So, I guess it depends on what your food standards are. To the OP (I can't remember who it was by now), I think if you are buying the food you feel comfortable with for your family and you are consistently going over budget, it may be time to adjust the amount to reflect a more realistic amount. We gotta eat. I'm just sayin.
#504 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 02:19 PM

I know it's early in the day, but we are only going to a playdate at my best friends house, and thats all..plus we have no money until tomorrow, so even if I wanted to spend I couldn't We are going to be living on beans and rice for 2 more weeks anyway..we are budgeted sooo tight :

11/1
11/2 38.40 Christmas gifts (@ Jewelry party)
11/3
11/4
11/5
11/6
11/7
11/8

Goals:
No spend days: 7/23
No DS, Etsy, DT: 8/27
Non-essential spending 38.40/$200
Save, Save, Save!
#505 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 02:27 PM

Nov 1
Nov 2 $16.05 coop shipping from an oct coop
Nov 3 grocery shopping $148, ate out, and lowes
Nov 4
Nov 5 target $53 (cat & dog food, kitty litter, cereal), dinner out
Nov 6 paid part of kids gym class for spring
Nov 7 $4 public swim w/ dd while ds had lessons, $3.25 treat after since ds passed his class and it was last day.

no spend

No credit card use 7/29 (1 day needed to finish christmas shopping)
No paypal use 6/28 (need to pay shipping for oct coops)
no spend days 2/15
no clothing shoes bought for kids and I 7/30
Stay out of target 6/30

I'm doing ok w/ buying only necessary. My vacuum died Saturday so I'm going to take it to a repair shop to see how much to fix it. I signed up for two more coops - chico bags (inexpensive gifts for family and ds's teacher) I also only have 4 reuseable shopping bags so I need a couple more - chico bags are only $2.50 each. I also have funded pp from selling diapers. The other coop is a shoe coop I keep going back and forth on. It's a great deal for really cute shoes, but dd doesn't really need shoes, but they are so cute: What do you think???
#506 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 03:03 PM

ok - just dropped my spot in the shoe coop.
#507 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
yeah... MIL sucks. And now she's mad at me b/c I said I was disappointed I wasn't there. Whatever.

The TV thing is going ok, the weekends are the hardest b/c he doesn't feel like he has to go to bed since he doesn't have to work in the am. Nevermind that I still have to get up at 5 with DS. But he came to be all but one night, so it's better than normal! Thanks for asking!
Hey Michelle! I'm not very here (as in on this earth) today, I actually thought you were two different people! . I guess I find your life very interesting today since I'm quoting only you
#508 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpi View Post
Hey Michelle! I'm not very here (as in on this earth) today, I actually thought you were two different people! . I guess I find your life very interesting today since I'm quoting only you

Oh yes, I'm quite fascinating.
#509 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 03:50 PM

11/1 $0
11/2 $0 Spent $15 won $15 ($10 Indoor moonbounce playdate with group of friends, $5 to play Bunco with neighborhood women - won $15)
11/3 $38 Went out to dinner with dh & kids to celebrate ds1 having art hung in museum
11/4 Spent money on groceries ($70/$350) & charity at church $10 - both budgeted
11/5 $29 ($4 in fresh local produce, $25 school activities - posted in advance to make sure I don't spend more)
11/6 $0
11/7 $53 Target (all staples/things budgeted)
#510 of 1133 Old 11-08-2007, 03:52 PM

Nov 1st -: 27.00 at Walmart On halloween snack items now my two older kids have fast school lunch items when I am busy with the new baby .
Nov 2nd- Returned 8.00 from walmart trip (they over charged me for some items ) Paid Household bills No Spend Day
Nov 3rd - budgeted money spent 5.00 for a church event
Nov 4th - e found out when we got to Church that our Son had to be back there 2 hours after church let out and we live 45 mins from the church so we took the kids to get tacos at a mom and pops place . 17.00 Also spent 10.00 on gas .
Nov 5th - No Spend day Dh spent 10.00 on gas for his car Budgeted
Nov 6th - No Spend day Paid one bill online today
Nov7th - No spend day Paid Mortgage , car insurence online today and DH put 20.00 of gas in his car
Nov 8th - This will not be a no spend day but I will stay in budget have to get 2 items for DD's school .

Goals :
4/20 - No Spend Days
1/0 - After Halloween /thanksgiving Shopping days
40/190 - Gas for the month
1/0 - No eating out days
29.60/100 - Extra towards the credit card

Guide :
no spend days (can spend budgeted gas money and pay household bills )
money spent inside budget but still money spent that I did not think of befor I started the month
: Over budget / eating out

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page