December Lower Income and/or Struggling Mama's Support Thread - Page 52 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1531 of 1547 Old 12-31-2007, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thystle View Post
{{{{{{{{{{{{averysmomma05}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Get EVERYTHING in writing AND in the paperwork, as many say they will pay things and then back out!

Are you wanting out of the marriage too? Or is there any hope of saving it?
agh I love my husband but I think we both just need a break to deal with other things going on. I have lots of issues from childhood he just can't be there for as he doesn't know how to do or say anything that helps. He had the perfect childhood it seems so he HATES my parents. So for now the break is well needed. Oh and everything IS in writing and notarized so i'm doing good lol. Emily

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#1532 of 1547 Old 12-31-2007, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
The post about pants reminded me to ask.. does anyone have any boys cargo pants in size 14 that they would be willing to part with, that would be suitable for my 9 yo daughter to wear to her break dancing class? I was told to buy her some bigger sized cargo pants in the boys section from her teacher. She wears a size 12 girls.. I'm not sure if size 14 boys would be big enough/too big?
of GAP boys size 14 cargo jeans - they are flannel-lined, which should make it easier on her knees.

I'll be happy to send them to you, if you think they would work.

Jill H.

(lucky mom to Amelia 17, Camille 15, Evan 12, and Gracie 10)
#1533 of 1547 Old 12-31-2007, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

http://www.darlingshoes.com/

Has a bunch of $1 and $2 shoes on clearance.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Resistance is futile Matey
#1534 of 1547 Old 12-31-2007, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysmomma05 View Post
agh I love my husband but I think we both just need a break to deal with other things going on. I have lots of issues from childhood he just can't be there for as he doesn't know how to do or say anything that helps. He had the perfect childhood it seems so he HATES my parents. So for now the break is well needed. Oh and everything IS in writing and notarized so i'm doing good lol. Emily

Ignore if I am being nosey or "triggering".

A trial seperation can be a good thing if BOTH people work on themselves in the mean time.

Individual therapy and couples counseling is also helpful.

Is he right about your parent's? You say alot of issues from childhood... were they the cause of them? Are you codependant on abusive people and he is sick of it?

Or was it something else and he just blames them completely?

If it was "abuse" in any form... there are books written for the SO's of abuse survivors that tell a spouse how to deal with it and how to act.

I also ALWAYS reccomend the books, "Toxic Parent's" and "Toxic Inlaws". There is a test in the front of Toxic Parent's that is rather HARD to take, but eye opening.

I hope you all find the peace that you all deserve and it all works out how it needs to!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Like I said... you don't have to answer any of the above and I hope I did not offend. I come from a bad childhood myself.

#1535 of 1547 Old 12-31-2007, 08:19 PM

Just wanted to pop in and say - the heat in our van is {mostly} fixed!!!!!

It does go out when you are idling {i.e. coasting into a town, etc} but will stay on as long as the gas pedal is pushed. I can live with that! It's mostly highway all the way back, so this will work.

Now just to wait for the phone call from the doc, and then maybe I'll be able to leave here! Of course - everything is closed for new years, so any other form of getting out will have to wait for the 2nd.

thystle - as for the needs list I have a few needs:

DD needs disposible diapers {pampers crusiers or huggies overnites size 4}. Coupons work too.
GC's to HEB, Walgreens, CVS, target, or Sams Club/walmart. Things are going to be so tight for us - I have no idea how we're going to make it. These will be used to cover DD's diapers & items that FS doesn't cover. I know someone was giving a few away earlier in the month.
leapfrog grow with me discs - DD got this for christmas but it only came with 1 game, and I'm sure I can't afford more.

I'm going to get working on getting some help as soon as we get back to texas, and figure out the whole situation with my father.
#1536 of 1547 Old 12-31-2007, 08:37 PM

Hey just wanted to say in like two weeks i can help you out with 18-24 months warm clothes if you don't mind.You could email me privately if there are other things you might need.flibberlips@verizon.net
#1537 of 1547 Old 12-31-2007, 08:40 PM
Banned

So, last night DH's crappy job called him and told him to come in and pick up his check. He's not on the schedule for next week and assumes he's been fired but his boss is a big wimp and won't tell him one way or another : She's mad because he called out a couple of times over the past few weeks, with a doctor/hospital note, and has been restricted to lifting 15lbs or less because of his back. He works at freaking TACO BELL--why should it matter that he can't do heavy lifting??? He filed for unemployment last night online and hopefully will get it, but I'm also pushing him to keep trying to talk to his boss. I need him to work at least 2 days/week because I can't pay for everything now that I'm having insurance taken out of my checks. Unless I work even more overtime than my current 8 hours of overtime every week I can do that, but my job is physically demanding and I get really sore if I work too much. Like today--I didn't even want to get off the couch.
#1538 of 1547 Old 12-31-2007, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Ignore if I am being nosey or "triggering".

A trial seperation can be a good thing if BOTH people work on themselves in the mean time.

Individual therapy and couples counseling is also helpful.

Is he right about your parent's? You say alot of issues from childhood... were they the cause of them? Are you codependant on abusive people and he is sick of it?

Or was it something else and he just blames them completely?

If it was "abuse" in any form... there are books written for the SO's of abuse survivors that tell a spouse how to deal with it and how to act.

I also ALWAYS reccomend the books, "Toxic Parent's" and "Toxic Inlaws". There is a test in the front of Toxic Parent's that is rather HARD to take, but eye opening.

I hope you all find the peace that you all deserve and it all works out how it needs to!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Like I said... you don't have to answer any of the above and I hope I did not offend. I come from a bad childhood myself.
Send you a PM!! and no you are not being nosey! Emily

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#1539 of 1547 Old 12-31-2007, 08:45 PM

Sorry forgot to ask,what size jeans and tops do you need?
#1540 of 1547 Old 12-31-2007, 09:23 PM

(((thystle)))

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#1541 of 1547 Old 12-31-2007, 09:36 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR

:bal loons

love you mamas.....see you next year!

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#1542 of 1547 Old 12-31-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysmomma05 View Post
Hey everyone!!

So when I came home last night my husband informed me I either chose my parents or him and that he went ahead and made the choice for me. He wants a divorce. So I guess my marriage is finally over. Its hard to think about or grasp but I will be fine. I am a stay at home mom so he is willing to keep paying the house payment (in my name so he let me keep) until we get taxes back or I can find a job and then hes moving out.It's so hard because I have been at home 3 years and have a 2 year old and 5 month old but I have decided I can do this and it will not break me down or tear me apart I have to stay strong for my girls so thats just what it is. Anyways I planned to go to a club with my friends tonight to celebrate new years so I guess I just have to suck it up and get the girls ready for a night with dad. They LOVE these nights so I guess its good thing. Anyways please everyone who prays keep me in your prayers. Emily
I'm sorry this happened, but I'm glad you're holding strong. Join us on the single moms forum for support (or a palce to vent).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Sweeties1Angel View Post
So, last night DH's crappy job called him and told him to come in and pick up his check. He's not on the schedule for next week and assumes he's been fired but his boss is a big wimp and won't tell him one way or another : She's mad because he called out a couple of times over the past few weeks, with a doctor/hospital note, and has been restricted to lifting 15lbs or less because of his back. He works at freaking TACO BELL--why should it matter that he can't do heavy lifting??? He filed for unemployment last night online and hopefully will get it, but I'm also pushing him to keep trying to talk to his boss. I need him to work at least 2 days/week because I can't pay for everything now that I'm having insurance taken out of my checks. Unless I work even more overtime than my current 8 hours of overtime every week I can do that, but my job is physically demanding and I get really sore if I work too much. Like today--I didn't even want to get off the couch.
Grrr. Is he covered by the ADA? Can you really still get fired for being sick? Probably. Well, I hope he's wrong.

Well, Happy New Year everbody!! I'm probably going to celebrate by going to bed at around 9 pm. Never cared much about the ball dropping, and the baby will be up before 7 no matter what I spent the night doing. I hope you all enjoy.
#1543 of 1547 Old 12-31-2007, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=819698

NEW LIST MAMA'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1544 of 1547 Old 12-31-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
http://www.darlingshoes.com/

Has a bunch of $1 and $2 shoes on clearance.

Wow! Not a lot in BooBah's size, but that's definately going into the bookmarks! Yeesh! Thank you!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#1545 of 1547 Old 12-31-2007, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

The Jan 08 thread is up... go join us on the new thread ladies!

#1546 of 1547 Old 01-02-2008, 03:54 AM

ok.Well one hint is for the corners of your fitted sheets.Men's briefs wear out but the elastic on the waist will go on forever.Instead of buying those clip on elastic things for your sheets,sew on the elastic off a pair of retired mens briefs.I know it sounds funny and its some work taking the waist band off,but it works great and mine outlast the sheet!!Also instead of buying cakes for special occasions,make your own and use a washed new window cling and pipe frosting around the edges.It looks great and saves money.Just make sure to take it off before serving,lol.
#1547 of 1547 Old 01-04-2008, 02:09 PM

Oh,wow 3?Are you SUPERMOM?!My son has a lot of behavorial problems,digesting problems,he is albino so he has light prolemsand he is almost blind.What do yours suffer from?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page