December Lower Income and/or Struggling Mama's Support Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-03-2007, 04:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
subbing, i wish I had time to catch up, but dang, nine pages already?! LOL

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2007, 05:10 AM

mrskennedy ~ I've had insomnia for years too.

Some of what helped has been yoga, and meditation / guided visualizations as I'm laying in bed, but even that doesn't work 100% of the time.

Other than that ~~ just going to bed earlier and *laying there* seems to help, even if I'm not sleeping... just getting my body in the routine of laying their earlier and getting up earlier really helped. Now if only I could stick to it... :
Old 12-03-2007, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskennedy View Post
Sorry OT... But I really need some help here. I've been having major trouble sleeping for a long time--I'm talking years here!--and I won't use alapathic stuff. Have any of you successfully used melatonin or another supplement or remedy to get on a regular sleep schedule? I'm tired of getting up at noon or later and going to bed between 2 and 4:00 AM b/c that's when I finally CAN sleep! : It's interfering with my life, relationships, and everything else.
Thanks for your thoughts and help mamas!
FWIW - Melatonin helped a LOT for me...for a little under a month. For DS 11-12 at the time, maybe 3-4 days. Then we were back on the insomnia train. I tried upping the dosage for me - nope. Wouldn't risk it with DS. I gave in, tried the OTC stuff for me; mixed results, pretty pricy, not at ALL healthy. but a combo is working at the moment. I did finally really gave in and ask for help from the Dr. for me, tried several diff types - worked even less.

For DS I do my best to wear him physically out everyday. That plus the puberty hormones seem to be working for the most part *keeps fingers crossed* right now. As for me, I know I've always been an owl rather than a rooster and when I have a choice about employment again, my choice will DEF be for an owl rather than a rooster job.

Wish I could be more help. I will admit I haven't tried researching more Alt Health methods for insomnia other than the Mel so if you get a chance and find something that looks promising I would love to have it passed my way

DJ
Old 12-03-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Sorry OT... But I really need some help here. I've been having major trouble sleeping for a long time--I'm talking years here!--and I won't use alapathic stuff. Have any of you successfully used melatonin or another supplement or remedy to get on a regular sleep schedule? I'm tired of getting up at noon or later and going to bed between 2 and 4:00 AM b/c that's when I finally CAN sleep! : It's interfering with my life, relationships, and everything else.
Rescue Remedy has a sleep version that works for me, similiar to the reg RR but helps you sleep. I also use Sleepytime Tea with Valerian in it and that helps a lot.

Ok, mild vent.. it is snowing here today and sadly thanks to losing my job in the summer one of the house items we were going to get, a snow blower didn't happen. Which means dh & I will take turns shoveling :, I don't mind doing a little shoveling but with a foot of snow and dh on deadline this week, I will be busy with snow. I really wanted a snow blower this year, maybe the neighbors will take mercy and plow us out as they have done in the past but I don't want to ask...

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayinme View Post
Ok, mild vent.. it is snowing here today and sadly thanks to losing my job in the summer one of the house items we were going to get, a snow blower didn't happen. Which means dh & I will take turns shoveling :, I don't mind doing a little shoveling but with a foot of snow and dh on deadline this week, I will be busy with snow. I really wanted a snow blower this year, maybe the neighbors will take mercy and plow us out as they have done in the past but I don't want to ask...

Shay
Do you have a spare shovel? You know its bad when you need one, but its simply not in the budget. :

We were just informed by our housing management company that they are not planning on hiring a plow guy this year. So it looks like we're stuck in the driveway until sometime late next spring. :

And to hop on the blahhh its snowing vent. Ya.. there is no school today, but that also means the eval I've been waiting on for my 4 year old.. her speech and OT observation, is also canceled. *sigh* I'm sure it'll be weeks before that one gets rescheduled.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Old 12-03-2007, 11:13 AM

I do have a couple so I should be able to spare one since dh wants to at least get a better shovel. What kind of managment company won't plow :, hello.. that is one of the things IMO when you rent you shouldn't have to deal with.. yeah this storm is a big one. Already 8 am and dd is bustling with energy, gonna be a long day ..

Shay

Old 12-03-2007, 11:17 AM

good morning mamas

grrrrrrr AND brrrrrr i hate snow!

and my coffee filter "sagged" so I ended up with weak brew:

but, i will try to not let it define my day

mrskennedy, ITA with the RR sleep formula. DD2 has sleep issues and it lets her fall asleep like immediately. and it makes me feel good that she isn't drugged. Badger has a 'sleep balm' that works for me, but doesn't work for dd.

i have any eye doctor appointment this morning, which means i have to schlep the bus:, then I have to go get my mumps titre so I can stay in school for the last week and a half of classes.

and edie is home.....wanting playdates already

I wish edie was still in kids clothes.....even at GW I have to pay the ridiculous adult prices for her clothes....kizoodle looks good i'll 'cruise' it and see if they have some 16-18, but those are so rare in resale

the coffee situation is really bumming me out....make more, you say?......ahhh thats the catch.....the bean jar is empty! It figures the last pot was ruined. So, to have more coffee I need to brave the storm

okay, I am whiney and self-indulgent this morning, I admit it.

overwhelmed coming out sideways

are any of you mamas in pain and on prescription meds for it? I could really use some insight about it. I'm going for surgery....so hopefully the pain has an end point, but thats not for a few months, still. I don't know what is more difficult, the pain or the meds....

i'll check back....have a good am.....hope your coffee is yummy

gratitude
1. dds joy at the 1st snow day...very cute
2. naughty dogs joy at the snow.....
3. that MY snow boots fit dd....good till christmas phew!

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I do have a couple so I should be able to spare one since dh wants to at least get a better shovel. What kind of managment company won't plow :, hello.. that is one of the things IMO when you rent you shouldn't have to deal with.. yeah this storm is a big one. Already 8 am and dd is bustling with energy, gonna be a long day ..

Shay
Keystone*cough*Leasing.

Worst management company ever.

Dh has gone downstairs to see how stuck our car is, or if its possible to get it out today at all. I sent him down with dd's little plastic beach sand shovel.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Old 12-03-2007, 12:12 PM

is that legal? to not remove snow?

portland has an ordinance that all snow must be removed from 'common areas' within 24 hours of a storm

this doesn't mean that they have to clear the lot, but if people walk through the lot it then needs to be cleared. so, if its a 'pedestrian throughway' its illegal for them not to do snow removal.

and....you gotta take a picture of your dh shovelling snow with a little shovel oh, tell me its pink!

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

My oldest takes Melatonin and he thinks it helps him.

I wish I could take something!!!!! But all my kids actually sleeping might help for starters.

Resistance is futile Matey
Old 12-03-2007, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediesmom View Post

portland has an ordinance that all snow must be removed from 'common areas' within 24 hours of a storm

this doesn't mean that they have to clear the lot, but if people walk through the lot it then needs to be cleared. so, if its a 'pedestrian throughway' its illegal for them not to do snow removal.

and....you gotta take a picture of your dh shovelling snow with a little shovel oh, tell me its pink!

They have to remove snow here too. Heck WE have to clear the public sidewalk in fron of our house.

Yes let the shovel be pink.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:35 PM

Quote:

Well see.. its not exactly a common area if its part of an apartment complex parking lot. Technically they are responsible for plowing yes. But ... lets just say.. I call the lady on the phone a really nasty name last week right before I hung up on her. If that gives you any indication of how horrible they are.

And darn our gender neutral stuff! The shovel was yellow!

Old 12-03-2007, 01:59 PM

Wow, all this talk of snow.....I'm pissed because I'm still using my A/C!! It isn't even cool in FL, just like typical weather.....for July! At night it gets cool, but that's it. Not that I'm complaining.....however, it would be nice to be able to wear a sweater once in a while, though. And sweating while Xmas music plays is just not right.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi, and offer hugs to all. Is anyone else in complete denial of Xmas this year? It's like it isn't even happening. Aside from the decorations, which DD loves and music once in a while on the radio.

Today I am going to call Catholic Charities. If I am interested in the job, I still need to have a formal interview tomorrow or Thursday. She said that she should have more info for me today. I'm still not feeling 100% sure either way. I am definitely leaning quite a bit towards taking it, though there is part of me that can't commit completely because I hven't even met the main person who needs to decide. Maybe she'll change her mind. I only met her on the phone. Also, I don't really know if I want to stay at the school I go to now. I feel like I might rather go to the state university. Also, I finally have RL friends and it's awesome. I haven't really had friends since high school and having people to call or hang out with is sooo nice and really helps with the stress. Ok, I did not mean to deliberate about all of this here. This was supposed to be a quick pop-in-to-say-hi.

Have a good Monday mamas!!!

"If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
Old 12-03-2007, 03:19 PM

*sneaks in*

Wow, I just can't keep up in here after these looooooooong weekends at work : So I am just sorta sliding in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOnDaEdge View Post
FWIW - Melatonin helped a LOT for me...for a little under a month. For DS 11-12 at the time, maybe 3-4 days. Then we were back on the insomnia train. I tried upping the dosage for me - nope. Wouldn't risk it with DS. I gave in, tried the OTC stuff for me; mixed results, pretty pricy, not at ALL healthy. but a combo is working at the moment. I did finally really gave in and ask for help from the Dr. for me, tried several diff types - worked even less.
Add me to the list of those who love melatonin

Quote:

Shay
I hear you on that! I gotta shovel at home AND at work in the mornings :

Uh, well today I am baking bread. It will be my first time I am waiting for the dough to rise right now

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

Old 12-03-2007, 03:24 PM

Oh, oh, oh! I have exciting news. Well, exciting for me *it does not take much*. I did not work Saturday night, but the other manager told me that Extreme Home Makeover donated the leftover food from their catering truck to the shelter! At 4:30 in the morning She had to answer the door in her bathrobe Everyone is asking, but it was just a crew member who came by, not one of the people on the show. I worked last night and was hoping they'd call again, because I was totally going to ask for signed pictures of Ty to use in our auction to raise money for Domestic Violence

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

Old 12-03-2007, 03:40 PM

Bye Bear!

We found the dog's family. Apparently he is an older dog and half blind. I guess he has a history of wandering off. ~irked~ you'd think they'd do better and keeping him in the yard or at LEAST put an ID tag on him. We could have taken him home yesterday if he'd had an ID tag instead of just a rabies tag. ~sighs~
Old 12-03-2007, 04:09 PM

i said "hey" with a nod to Ty at the Y I used to work at........he's ummmmm.....high energy

amydidit.....i'm glad you took him in and took such good care of him. My pooches escape periodically (i try REALLY hard to not let it happen), and I am always so grateful when they are safe.

got a bunch of blood draws this morning.....keep your fingers crossed that I have immunity to mumps, please. I really can't get the vax, and i really can't be booted from school.

i have a MILLION things to do, and it is so frustrating to bus everywhere. I think the guy who responded to fix my car had second thoughts. But with PaS they will pay up to $500 to get it fixed....I think it would be less. We'll see.

i need to buy coffee, pick up a scrip, get an earring I lost at a shop the other day, pick up dd2,......and its a freakin' blizzard

Nature.....this is where foresight comes in! pink sand shovels.....nasty names after the connection is cut

Old 12-03-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
Dh has gone downstairs to see how stuck our car is, or if its possible to get it out today at all. I sent him down with dd's little plastic beach sand shovel.
That would almost be a cute visual if I didn't know just how much snow you are looking at. I just finished round one of shoveling, not fun at all.. though dd enjoyed being in the snow.

I am so tired that I am splurging and just ordered a pizza for lunch, too hungry from working to do my usual salad and soup..

Seriously Nature let me see if I can a shovel your way in the next day or two since your house is in route to dd's daycare. Or I was just thinking what if you guys bought a shovel for this winter and deducted from the rent since your landlord is a azzhat. Though you'd still need to borrow mine so at some point you can escape the house.

Ediesmom, I can only imagine how frustrating taking the bus is, I wrote an article last year on public transit in the area and after actually taking multiple routes in writing the piece I was amazed at how long it took to get to places. Coming from Chicago where I never drove a car, I was used to public transit that was efficient.. the Metro is lacking IMO, and they wonder why more folks don't use it.

Speaking of coffee, I need some but the storm has prevented me from getting the good stuff so I had to get some Starbucks last night , there drip coffee is crap. Of course with this storm I won't be going anywhere to get anything better for at least a day.

Shay

Old 12-03-2007, 04:36 PM

i live about in the middle of the two CBD's on the east end....you'd think I could get off my butt....but its so gross out! And I just got back from the hospital lab....had to wait forever for the bus both ways: and edie has to wear my boots, so i'm cold and wet and miserable

and, yea, the metro is a sad excuse for public transit. I am grateful for what it is, but now that its so freaking cold the waiting is torture.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh. You guys ever start into a "support" thread on here (not this thread or a "grief" thread) and it makes you start to feel sick?

Old 12-03-2007, 05:04 PM

Hi Ladies...Ugh..I typed out a huge post and my puter ate it.

Good news here...I don't have to go to court on Wed. for my eviction. I called the courthouse this morning and was able to file my "answer" and ask for a trial over the phone. Trial is set for the 12th. Given that i will already be in my new place for a week by then, i am not worried about it at all. I do still plan on going though.

I am about 75% packed. Most of what is left is the "last minute" stuff. (That includes the puter.)

No snow here and i pray there won't be any till after i move.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Banned

Hi mommas.

I suppose I should intro myself, too. I can't believe it's only the 3rd and you're on page 11. I'll try to read and catch up a little later.

Our main problem is that I'm not working right now. I have major issues keeping a "real job" due to my severe depression. I tend to work for 4-5 months or so, then lose (quit or get fired) my job because I just can't get out of bed to go to work for several days in a row.

My last job was about a month ago - I lost it shortly after finding out that we're pregnant. I was planning on going back to school in January, so have financial aid in the works for that. It seems absurd to get a job for 6 weeks or whatever.

But 4yoDD's still in daycare every day - don't want to yank her out and then make her start up again somewhere new when I DO get a job/return to school, yk? So there's $700/month. Rent is $650/month.

DP's income is $1200/month. So as you can see, we're screwed already, and I haven't even got out the utilities, gas, food, or *cringe* our past debts we've yet to repay.

We paid daycare on time in November but didn't pay rent until DP's second paycheck mid-month.

Now we're using DP's third paycheck right at the end of Nov to get a few groceries ($50) and for daycare that is due today. We're over $150 shy. And no money for rent, at all. Until DP's next paycheck in 12 days.

We have two cars but only one we can drive with DD in it because it doesn't have seatbelts in the backseat. Neither car will make it through the winter, guaranteed.

We're $400 behind on our electric bill.

Gas (heat) is included in rent, THANK GOD, as is internet (THANK GODDESS).

We're going to get a landline and shut off both of our cell phones. DP's for sure, since he doesn't have a contract, and mine if we can be billed the opt-out-of-contract amount instead of having to pay it up front. That should save us $100/month. Not like we actually pay our cell phone bills anyway, but still.

Also planning on cutting DD back to part-time at daycare in January if I can arrange my classes correctly. That will save us $150/month.

I'm honestly not that worried about spring semester - Jan/Feb should be okay once financial aid comes through. We'll be back to just "regular poor" instead of absurdly poor like we are right now.

I have no idea how we're going to get through December. No clue.

I'm sooooo mad at myself for being unemployed, and sitting at home doing nothing all day, while DP is working and DD is at preschool.

Oh, I forgot to say that since getting pregnant, DD and I at least have health insurance through the state. DP has his own through his work. The baby doesn't count as a person till s/he is born, and the three of us don't qualify for food stamps. How is that possible, I tell ya?

I do think that I can get on WIC though. So I need to go do that today.

I should've done it a month ago, you know? There's so much I should've done a month ago. I HATE being this non-functionally depressed.

I did get a script for Zoloft at my CNM appt today, so if I can get off my arse to go to the store, I can get that filled and hopefully will start feeling more capable in a couple of weeks.

Maybe by Yule I'll be feeling better - it'll be the beginning of the second tri, and the zoloft will have kicked in. *sigh*
Old 12-03-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Seriously Nature let me see if I can a shovel your way in the next day or two since your house is in route to dd's daycare. Or I was just thinking what if you guys bought a shovel for this winter and deducted from the rent since your landlord is a azzhat. Though you'd still need to borrow mine so at some point you can escape the house.
I'm not sure if I can deduct a shovel for the building from my rent? We have a subsidy, and since the management company is a bunch of asshats there really isn't much I can do that pleases them. I have a feeling they'd deny me the right to have a shovel and try to evict me for $20 or something. :

If you have a spare one you don't need at the moment, I could certainly use it. : Though I don't wanna leave you with a sand shovel either!

Old 12-03-2007, 06:12 PM

The visions of you ladies shoveling out with a sand shovel are cracking me up....

just sayin'
Old 12-03-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippiemama View Post
Hi mommas.

Our main problem is that I'm not working right now. I have major issues keeping a "real job" due to my severe depression. I tend to work for 4-5 months or so, then lose (quit or get fired) my job because I just can't get out of bed to go to work for several days in a row.

My last job was about a month ago - I lost it shortly after finding out that we're pregnant. I was planning on going back to school in January, so have financial aid in the works for that. It seems absurd to get a job for 6 weeks or whatever.

But 4yoDD's still in daycare every day - don't want to yank her out and then make her start up again somewhere new when I DO get a job/return to school, yk? So there's $700/month. Rent is $650/month.

DP's income is $1200/month. So as you can see, we're screwed already, and I haven't even got out the utilities, gas, food, or *cringe* our past debts we've yet to repay.

We paid daycare on time in November but didn't pay rent until DP's second paycheck mid-month.

Also planning on cutting DD back to part-time at daycare in January if I can arrange my classes correctly. That will save us $150/month.

I'm honestly not that worried about spring semester - Jan/Feb should be okay once financial aid comes through. We'll be back to just "regular poor" instead of absurdly poor like we are right now.

I have no idea how we're going to get through December. No clue.

I'm sooooo mad at myself for being unemployed, and sitting at home doing nothing all day, while DP is working and DD is at preschool.

Oh, I forgot to say that since getting pregnant, DD and I at least have health insurance through the state. DP has his own through his work. The baby doesn't count as a person till s/he is born, and the three of us don't qualify for food stamps. How is that possible, I tell ya?

I do think that I can get on WIC though. So I need to go do that today.

I should've done it a month ago, you know? There's so much I should've done a month ago. I HATE being this non-functionally depressed.

I did get a script for Zoloft at my CNM appt today, so if I can get off my arse to go to the store, I can get that filled and hopefully will start feeling more capable in a couple of weeks.

Maybe by Yule I'll be feeling better - it'll be the beginning of the second tri, and the zoloft will have kicked in. *sigh*
welcome mama

I am wondering if you could cut back to PT at daycare for dd for the next six weeks. Maybe the daycare would understand your position. It wouldn't hurt to ask if you could do 3 half days until you start school. That way you would be able to keep her connected to daycare, but not have to worry about that HUGE bill. Its worth a try.

and, did you apply for FS SINCE you have been unemployed? That seems outrageous that you aren't eligible. Any food banks in your area? And WIC will help.

and, although I am not opposed to anti-depressants, is there other options? Like supplements. Or getting your thyroid checked? It just seems that long term low level depression should be able to be worked on either nutritionally or with 'identical' hormones. I had lived with that type of depression for years and years (with a similar work pattern, btw) and realized it was other medical issues instead of depression....even though i was dx'd with depression......its just a thought

so, again, welcome!

Old 12-03-2007, 06:51 PM

I am so friggin depressed. we are on E for fuel, and it is very cold. We got liheap, but the fuel place wil not deliver the small amount they allowed us (I am very thankful for ANY help of course!). The fuel lady told me to call the dpw office to see if they can help us with a crisis grant, and I have been on hold for an hour. The fuel place closes at 4. I had to call and put an order ($400 minimum delivery!) on the stupid credit card and now I have no idea how I will pay the mimimum payment when it comes due next month :cry. i am so frustrated and cold and tired. Don't get me wrong, i am glad that I have the credit card I can use, and I am glad we got a small amount of assistance from liheap, but damn it, I am sick to death of this. Obviously they need help at dpw... why have all my applications for full time work there gone unanswered (I am on the civil service list)?! crap crap crap.

Sorry. I know others are having a harder time. Thanks for reading my whine.

The Tabbie Family; DH , DS , DD , a few :, a couple : and me.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
If you have a spare one you don't need at the moment, I could certainly use it. : Though I don't wanna leave you with a sand shovel either!

My spare shovel is yours.. lets see how we can get it to you. If you guys can get out and drive over, I'm home otherwise I will see if we can drop it off in the next day or so. By the way we have a sand shovel too, dd was out helping me shovel the driveway with it. Cutest lil thing.

Shay

Old 12-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
welcome mama

I am wondering if you could cut back to PT at daycare for dd for the next six weeks. Maybe the daycare would understand your position. It wouldn't hurt to ask if you could do 3 half days until you start school. That way you would be able to keep her connected to daycare, but not have to worry about that HUGE bill. Its worth a try.
I have this huge problem with talking to people about uncomfortable things. I know I should just ask. But I am just dreading it.

Quote:
and, did you apply for FS SINCE you have been unemployed? That seems outrageous that you aren't eligible. Any food banks in your area? And WIC will help.
yep, it's off of DP's income alone. I should've clarified that he brings home about $1200/month - before taxes and his health insurance his income is around $1700+. Which is the cut-off. So we're right there, yk?

Quote:
and, although I am not opposed to anti-depressants, is there other options? Like supplements. Or getting your thyroid checked? It just seems that long term low level depression should be able to be worked on either nutritionally or with 'identical' hormones. I had lived with that type of depression for years and years (with a similar work pattern, btw) and realized it was other medical issues instead of depression....even though i was dx'd with depression......its just a thought
I would eventually love to handle my depression in a more natural way. But for now I really need a quick fix, yk? And I wouldn't say that mine is low-level, I come dangerously close to checking myself into the psych ward every few months or so.

Thanks for the welcome. I should get off the fricking computer and do something.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
My spare shovel is yours.. lets see how we can get it to you. If you guys can get out and drive over, I'm home otherwise I will see if we can drop it off in the next day or so. By the way we have a sand shovel too, dd was out helping me shovel the driveway with it. Cutest lil thing.

Shay
Thank you Shay! :

No one has called us to move the car so I will assume that we're snowed in at the moment. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll call us at midnight to move the car like they did last year. Otherwise.. I'll be home all day tomorrow! haha

Gotta love snow...

Old 12-03-2007, 07:35 PM

Alright, that multiquote function is not working.

serenetabbie: I hope the fuel assistance comes through.

happyhippiemama: I agree about paring back dd's hours. I can completely relate to not wanting to say anything. I have an overwhelming anxiety to hearing the word "no," even in response to "do you have the time?" But, where money is so tight, could dh make the call?

You should definitely qualify for WIC, but do FS qualifications really vary that muchfrom state to state? My income is higher, and I qualify. In MA, they will take into account rent/mortgage, medical expenses, gas/electricity, and telephone expenses. Maybe your rent doesn't lower it enough, I have an ugly mortgage payment, but anyway, make sure they are taking into account all allowable expenses.

Depression is so hard, I hope you find relief with the Zoloft. It sounds like you have anxiety too, though, have you tried an anti-anxiety med?

User Tag List