Dumping Debt with Dave Ramsey/DECEMBER - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-30-2007, 11:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anyone know where i can get the Dave Ramsey books, and FPU info cheap ????

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2007, 11:59 PM

Library
Old 12-30-2007, 11:59 PM
Red

I'm no gazzelle either. And I don't follow DR to the letter. Dh would have a fit if I tried.

I did cut the grocery budget, but mostly because I started eating and cooking differently to be healthier and lose some weight. Dh isn't as involved as I am and while he wants to be debt-free, getting there is up to me. (This can be trying at times, but I prefer to be the one in control of the cash and he prefers to go along for the ride)

I can't cut back on much, we live pretty frugally as it is. But our lunch out once or twice a month is not something we're willing to forgo. Twenty-five bucks, and dh has a beer or two with it, can't beat it. We get to feel like we're out on a date!

This week we're all going to a movie as a family. DD, her new dh, teh three girls, and dh and I. Everyone, except dd and her dh, have jobs, so everyone can buy their own ticket. We;ll do the matinee. It's only $4.50 ea and we usually just buy a giant popcorn, which comes with free refills. If I'm really smart, I'll bring a bunch of lunch bags and we'll be able to divide it up without having to pass it back and forth every few minutes!

Sometimes dh just NEEDS to spend a little money. $20 or so makes him soooo happy. He buys a car model and comes home just delighted. Every day is one day of our life. If we were to die tomorrow, I wouldn't want to think we'd denied ourselves $20 worth of joy!!!!

(I enjoy stashing that same $20, ao I do!)
Old 12-31-2007, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikiMommy07 View Post
Also, has anyone listened to the TTMMO audiobook? To me it is SOOOOOO annoying!!!!! (I think it's DR who reads it but am not sure, b/c he doesn't say...) Anyway, whoever the reader is has this upbeat, loud, in-your-face, salesperson voice, and as someone who normally enjoys audiobooks and is extremely sensitive to voices, I cannot listen to this. It's a shame too, b/c it was a gift and now I have to find the book somewhere to read b/c this audio thing just won't work for me!

I only want to read it to see if there are strategies, etc, I've missed, even though we're not following the plan exactly.

I love this book on audio!!! It is Dave Ramsey reading and that is what motivates me. I listen to him daily and it is that voice that gives me that shot in the arm to keep it motivated. I have him on my MP3 player and down load the shows to listen to while doing housework. He is a 'get in your face' kind of guy and like he says on the show, "It's my show and I can say my opinion because it's my show, it has my name."

A bit brash but it works for me....

Be well,

Shane - Homeschooling mom to three boys (12, 1-, 8) and living the open life with my husband.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyandmikey View Post
anyone know where i can get the Dave Ramsey books, and FPU info cheap ????
The library could get your the book. Don't know about FPU. You can get a free month of TMMO at the web site www.daveramsey.com, just make sure you cancel at the end. I did that and printed up the majority of the forms when I first started. I now join every few months to get the show for my MP3 player.

Be well,

Shane - Homeschooling mom to three boys (12, 1-, 8) and living the open life with my husband.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:34 AM

Red! I wanna come! I haven't been to a movie since 1st grade... I'm 23. Now I'm hungry for popcorn.

Ok ok back on topic... I can see how the audiobook would motivate many. It just doesn't work for me personally. But if I'm in the right mood I can laugh at how DR says things sometimes. What I do like is how he talks right to you. It's not as if he's the expert and you don't know crap. He doesn't talk down to people.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Red

Well, it's been a few years since I went to a movie. But since the first grade???? Save up and GO! It's fun!

Check the matinee or the one at dinner time. Usually cheap!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
<--- Typing one handed. Somebody start the January thread

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Old 01-02-2008, 07:48 PM

Jan. thread has been started. I'll bump it to the top.

User Tag List