DH's frugrality keeps the house cold - has he crossed the line? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 93 Old 12-14-2007, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ya'll are making me feel really guilty! We live in NH. We have a passive solar berm house. The whole front of the house is windows facing south. If the sun is shining it's 80-85 in here. On cloudy days or at night we have a wood burning stove. Our house is small (1100 sq feet) and we're always toasty warm. 70-75 with the stove going. We use about 2-3 cords of wood a year. It's AWESOME! I'm really thin and cold blooded and don't do well with cold at all. I have a really hard time going to peoples' houses that are in the 60's, I freeze. I'm so glad that the kids and I are so warm. 50's would kill me!
#92 of 93 Old 12-14-2007, 03:45 PM

: There are lots of people in Oklahoma right now with no power and no prospect of power for up to a week from now. We had a giant ice storm that destroyed trees all over town (here's my backyard) and knocked the power out. All the hotels are booked and lots of people are staying with family and friends. Many people are staying at home though, with lots of blankets and layers of clothes. And it's getting down in the 20s and 30s here! So I feel like a wimp in that I am uncomfortable if the temp is below 65 inside.

Book-lovin', relaxed homeschoolin', dog snugglin' mom of the best kid EVER!  AND...waiting for baby #2, due 5/9/14!  stork-boy.gif

#93 of 93 Old 12-15-2007, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingMama View Post
: There are lots of people in Oklahoma right now with no power and no prospect of power for up to a week from now. We had a giant ice storm that destroyed trees all over town (here's my backyard) and knocked the power out. All the hotels are booked and lots of people are staying with family and friends. Many people are staying at home though, with lots of blankets and layers of clothes. And it's getting down in the 20s and 30s here! So I feel like a wimp in that I am uncomfortable if the temp is below 65 inside.
Wow! That's a lot of ice! What part of OK are you in?

To the PP - I couldn't live with it that cold. I freeze when we have our thermostat on 64. : (but I am in Texas where it is not usually very cold in the winter)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page