Dumping Debt and building wealth with Dave Ramsey JANUARY - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-08-2008, 02:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanetedissac View Post
If you don't have the payment notice yet then work on the BEF. Once you get the notice try to get a payment plan and then pay the minimum until you get your BEF done. When you BEF is funded then begin your snow ball of debts with IRS first.

Be well,
I don't owe the IRS but that's neither here nor there. Thanks for the help! I'll keep working on the BEF unless I get a pmt notice--I have none yet, just the possibility of getting one. Thanks Shane!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2008, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanetedissac View Post
Do you live in CA?
No, I live in Vancouver, Canada. Average house price here is $700,000. Some of you would faint if you saw what that gets you...nothing all that special.

Quote:
We purchased our house at a cost of $450,000 for a 15 year fixed note. We took a $95,000 mortgage at 5.25% in 2004. Our annual income is about $55,000. This is our third home...
That's the only way most people afford to buy here - they bought something before the big rise back around 2003. While perhaps you could have learned to be happy with your smaller home, I totally admire you for doing the 15 year mortgage and a small one at that (> $100k). I dunno, you're doing pretty much exactly what Dave recommends. And of course you can always pay down that mortgage faster with extra payments, etc. You're sitting in a much sweeter place than those with 40 year mortgages! I say good for you - you probably could have bought much more and been "allowed" to by the banks.

I'm curious what Dave has to say about maximizing RRSP contributions. I'm not sure how it works in the US, but the more you contribute here (up to your limit) the bigger the savings. Most people contribute what they can and then look forward to a big refund come tax time. But we did it a bit differently: After DH set the RRSP contribution for each paycheque he actually had them take off less taxes (in anticipation of the tax credit for contributing to the RRSP) and then had that added to the RRSP contribution. Thus, instead of having a big windfall come tax time (which, of course, is not earning you any interest) we are maximizing our RRSP contributions.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Old 01-08-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyPrincess View Post
Question about investing...
http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/cms/sa...ood_6738.htmlc

He says to put away 15% into retirement savings. Then he talks about a Roth IRA. Is that in addition to the 15%? If so, where should you put the 15%?

Also, we're married but not both working. Can/should we each have a Roth IRA?

TIA.
Both you and your spouse as well as your dependent children could have a ROTH IRA every year. One for each of you! That is a lot of non taxed money every year (if you can afford to do it.) You ask could you/should you... you SHOULD contribute up to the maximum allowable in Roth IRA's every year as your finances allow.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:06 PM

Thank you.

We are so totally new to anything about saving and investing. This is the first I've looked into anything about it.

My dh said something about setting up an IRA for the kids - and I wondered about that. Is that something they could access before retirement? We don't plan on having a "college" fund for each child, per se. But this year, hopefully will be able to start a little account to put towards going to college/buying or building a house/starting a business. Would an IRA be good for this?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:33 PM

about a roth IRA for kids - IIUC, the income limits are going up in 2010 for Roths overall, but what about for kids now? If someone is over the income limit for a Roth could their kid still have one?

Also, if someone else contributes to my kid's Roth, is it pre-taxes for them too?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:

My dh said something about setting up an IRA for the kids - and I wondered about that. Is that something they could access before retirement? We don't plan on having a "college" fund for each child, per se. But this year, hopefully will be able to start a little account to put towards going to college/buying or building a house/starting a business. Would an IRA be good for this?
Yes, from what I understand about IRA's for kids (roth, I think,) they can either keep them until their retirement, or they can withdraw early without penalty for college or a first house. You would have to specify separate IRA's for each child though for them to avoid the penalties for withdrawing on their own specific needs.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:38 PM

A child can only have a Roth IRA, if they have earned income for the year. So if they earn $4000 baby-sitting or whatever they can contribute that.

A child without any income would not be able to contribute to a Roth.

Mommy to DS Adrian 8/10/04 and DD Geneva 9/02/09
Old 01-08-2008, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Question about investing...
http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/cms/sa...ood_6738.htmlc

He says to put away 15% into retirement savings. Then he talks about a Roth IRA. Is that in addition to the 15%? If so, where should you put the 15%?

Also, we're married but not both working. Can/should we each have a Roth IRA?

TIA.
The Roth IRA would be a part of the 15% retirement. A Roth IRA is a place to put it along with or in place of a 401K program. In our household my husband has a mandatory 403B pension contribution through his teaching job. That takes most of the 15% and then we put the remainder into a Roth IRA, currently one in his name. I'm going to start another in my name this year now that the first one had build enough to get the minimum $250 initial investment.

Be well,

Shane - Homeschooling mom to three boys (12, 1-, 8) and living the open life with my husband.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thank you.

We are so totally new to anything about saving and investing. This is the first I've looked into anything about it.

The college savings DR recommended Education Savings Accounts (ESA). You can contribute up to $2000 a year per child. Above that or another alternative is a 529 plan. We have 529 plans for each boy set up in our state of CT. Our investment ELP suggested them. When I see he again for an update on our accounts I'll ask about ESA's. I have heard about Edcuational IRA's but don't know much about them.

Be well,

Shane - Homeschooling mom to three boys (12, 1-, 8) and living the open life with my husband.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
<--- listening to yesterday's show online

http://www.daveramsey.com/tdrs/#

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Old 01-08-2008, 02:34 PM

Grocery update

Here's my total from this weekend:

Trip #1 ($98):

strawberries
5 lb apples
8 lb oranges
sweet potato
tomato
baby carrots
bananas
4 cartons of soymilk
orange juice
turkey bacon
real syrup
pancake mix
12 cartons of yogurt
5 packages of cheese
2 packs of Smart Balance butter
4 cans of soup
12 boxes of Hamburger Helper
8 boxes of microwave popcorn
4 boxes of Barilla Plus pasta
3 jars of Muir Glen pasta sauce
pretzels
peanut butter M&Ms
2 Betty Crocker mini dessert bowls
2 loaves of wheat bread
2 Celeste pizzas
ice cream sandwiches
6 South Beach Diet meals
5 Lean Cuisine meals
3 Soyjoy bars
3 Pria bars
4 Cascadian farms organic frozen veggies
10 Green Giant frozen veggies
4 Morningstar vegetarian meat packages
frozen biscuits
granola
1 jar of baby food (for fun)

Trip #2 ($1.50):

9 boxes of Hamburger Helper
10 Green Giant frozen vegetables
24 individual yogurts
3 Muir Glen pasta sauces
2 cases of bottled water
3 bags of organic frozen peas
box of pancake mix
butter
3 Morningstar veggie meats
3 SoyJoy bars
organic ketchup
Fitness magazine

Total spent: $99.50

Old 01-08-2008, 03:56 PM

where are you shopping ? I did some coupons and such at publix last night and walked out spending 11.12 on 26.00 worth of stuff but that does not sound as goos as you did .
Old 01-08-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2dea View Post
where are you shopping ? I did some coupons and such at publix last night and walked out spending 11.12 on 26.00 worth of stuff but that does not sound as goos as you did .
Superfresh.

Check out the boards at www.hotcouponworld.com for tips

Old 01-08-2008, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Old 01-08-2008, 06:53 PM

okay, so dh works on commision and his base gross salary is 3K, normally his commision check is at least 400$ but can be up to 2-3k depending on the time of year, etc. Average his net commision is about 1500$ So how should I set up the EF? Just put 1000$ in there and if he doesn't make enough one month, then take it our of the ef? We would need him to make at least 1000$ in commision to barely make ends meet. Normally jan and feb are his worst months, so that would mean his feb and march commision checks, but we will be getting the income taxes back in that time frame too so that should help. Should our ef be larger because he has an irregular income?

Also, about the dependents and taxes stuff, dh was claiming 2 dependents, so I told him someone on here said to claim as many as possible while working on the debt, and he found out one co-worker who is a single guy claims 4 dependents, so dh talked to the accountant at his work and tried to put 10, but she said it would be too much and the government would be oweing him, so then he put 9 so things should be about even. So does anyone have to pay taxes at the end of the year when they do this?

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
Old 01-08-2008, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

http://www.daveramsey.com/media/pdf/...e_planning.pdf

http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/askdav...ContentId=6061
You need to set up a separate account for your living expenses. That account should have one year’s worth of expenses in it and you need to pay yourself a monthly salary out of that. You’ll have to live on a budget to do this.

In addition to that, you need 6 months of expenses as an emergency fund.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Red

I can't believe how much DR has helped me already!

A few years ago, if we'd gotten a windfall, we'd have all gotten some much needed new clothing, gone out for dinner a few times, a movie or some other family activity. Dhe would have 'needed' a few things....me too. I'd probably have paid down one cc and paid off the back electric bill.

Since there's no penalty for the electric being behind, and since it's on a payment plan (up-to-date), I've left it alone. Since all the cc's are paid (except one I'm trying to settle on, but I have the money put away) I have the money each month to pay it down. Not worrying about my FICO has been a real mind-easer! I have no intention of borrowing any more money, and I have some savings, so I shouldn't NEED to borrow! I don't know if DR would agree with that plan, but it feels right.

I moved my BEF and the rest of the 'windfall' to my other bank. Most of it is in savings, but it can be transfered easily, even over the phone, and I have a debit card for that account. (Thinking of emergencies like the car breaking down, out of town, and NEEDING to access it.)

The rest of my bills are close to being paid up to date. I usually run a month to 6 weeks behind, but without the cc payments, I'm able to catch each one up completely.

This, today, is the very best financial condition we've ever been in!!!!!! I feel so good!

I'm going to have my EF fully funded within a month or two. I'm low-balling it. After 22 years, I have a pretty good idea of what we'd need to scrape by. I'd also cancel some of our luxuries if we hit a tough spot. (+We get NO tv here, so we have direct tv, and dh needs a cell phone for work, but if he were unable to work, I'd cancel his...and the teens. I like the tens having theirs, good to be able to find them lately, but we could manage.)

I'm actually having a hard time NOT getting started on the mortgage, but I've decided to try DR's plan a bit longer since it's working so well, and my own method hasn't!

So, if your BEF is $5, don't despair. YOu're on your way! You'll do it! In early December, I was 2 months behind on my cc/s, the electric was in danger of being shut off, the phone WAS shut off. I had not one thin dime put away. THe only thing we were doing right was we didn't have any car loans. A first for us!

Anyone here know the best way to handle my dh's annuity once he retires? THey just turn it over to us, and I'm clueless. WOuld it make sense to put it in CD's, with staggered maturity dates? (So one would always be coming due fairly soon.) Is there a better way to handle post retirement dough?

Man, I wish I could answer someone's question, but I haven't a clue about Roth's etc.

ReikiMommy07, your dh and mine sound a lot alike! Give him money and he spends it. He told me the other night that he thinks I do an amazing job with our money!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Anyone here know the best way to handle my dh's annuity once he retires? THey just turn it over to us, and I'm clueless. WOuld it make sense to put it in CD's, with staggered maturity dates? (So one would always be coming due fairly soon.) Is there a better way to handle post retirement dough?
I would go the Vanguard site and look at the target retirement funds. They have different funds based on retirement dates and even have a retirement income fund for those already in retirement. They are funds comprised of other underlying funds (stocks, bonds, inflation-protected securities, cash, etc.) and the retirement income funds will pay a good stream of income while you are retired and preserve your principal. This is a good option because you still want some of the money invested for long term so that your money can last in retirement. If it was in a CD it would not gain enough to keep pace with inflation.

Mommy to DS Adrian 8/10/04 and DD Geneva 9/02/09
Old 01-08-2008, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I would follow that money right up the baby steps. After that contact on of Dave's ELP in regards to investing and set up some accounts. Won't that be wonderful to be debt free?!

So happy to hear that it is working. As Dave says: If you do the plan it works. If you don't it does not work.

We were also like you in the before. Always trying a new stratagy and never getting ahead then finally after Dave stuff just fell into play.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:50 AM - Thread Starter

Make sure you write it down. Give every dollar a name on paper. Spend your income on paper before you spend it for real. Get free, downloadable budgeting forms

http://www.daveramsey.com/fpu/home/i...ContentID=3006

Stay away from places that tempt you to spend. If you are having trouble with spending money on things that you didn’t budget for and it isn’t an emergency, you have to crack down on yourself and get serious. It’s a sign of maturity when you delay pleasure today so that you can ensure a better tomorrow.

Try using Dave’s envelope system to help you spend cash and to spend that cash where you’ve budgeted it to be spent. Take some envelopes, write the budget categories on the envelopes, and use only the allotted money to purchase specific things. When an envelope is empty, don’t buy anything else in that budget category.

http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/cms/in...ContentID=3461

Stay motivated! Don’t give up! A budget is a tool because it gives you hope that your money situation can and will get better. One thing that can steal your hope is dwelling on the failures of the past or the fear that you will never get to the end. To avoid this, break your plan down into smaller goals. You can change your financial picture. You can change your life.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:06 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I'm new here, just having read TTMMO. I have had a cash flow/allocated payments sheet for months. Since dh got a job that pays weekly, I *had* to preplan every cent or we would come up short. We also have $1000 in the bank from selling old wedding gifts on ebay, so without knowing it, I got through BS#1. I also started an envelope budgeting system b/c using a debit card for groceries allowed me to go too much over.

We have $31,000 in consumer debt, $32,000 in my student loans, and god-knows-how-much in dh's student loans (they call all the time and he needs to consolidate or make a payment plan or something.) We rent from my dad so have no mortgage. Dh works a good job and I SAH and take nursing prerequisites very slowly.

I have a couple of questions:

How do I get dh on board? He has never done the finances and even thinking about money makes him crabby and panicky. I don't mind doing it all, b/c I quite frankly don't trust him to do it, nor does he know how to do it. But I *do* need his support and help to do the TMMO and don't know how to "sell" it to him. How can I get him as excited as I am? So far, I have brainstormed these "talking points" but need more of your experience to help me:

1. "Honey, you work so hard six days a week. Wouldn't it be nice to know that all your hard work was going to make our future better?" (But he could counter with, "I work hard and like to have nice things." Then what do I say?)

2. "Honey, we spend $1200/month servicing our debt. Imagine having that money back."

Any more ideas? Dh has a "need it now" mentality and will resist feeling constrained. I will be angry if I am taking all my pennies and putting them towards the debt snowball and he is still spending all his money on Starbucks and cigarettes. (We budget $40/week each for spending money that neither is accountable to the other for.) I can just cancel all the store cards (all the regular credit cards have been cut up for a long time) since they are mostly in my name, but I also need him to put his effort into the snowball. For example, he can do deliveries at work and get $50-150 cash in hand. I would gladly take that towards the snowball, but he might feel like he "deserves" something.

Second question: I was going to apply for nursing school to start this fall. It is at CC, so I would be able to pay cash for it, but would probably not be able to work much, if at all, during it. It takes two years. I already have a college degree, but just haven't worked a "real" job in a long time. Should I put the nursing school off and get a real job instead? I am conflicted, b/c the nursing program only will require 2 days/week for the first year, and this baby will be my last, so part of me wants to just enjoy the time with the new baby, but the other part of me desperately wants to contribute cash to our family.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
Old 01-09-2008, 03:55 AM

Can I subscribe? I'm reserving the book at my library, but I'm open to all the help I can get!

Hubby lost his job in November, and we've been struggling since (I'm a SAHM, and if I work and pay daycare parttime (a necessity because of hubby's jobhunt), I'll only clear $1 an hour...so it's not worth it.

As soon as hubby gets another job, we need to dig out from this debt that we're WAY too far behind on right now!

VivC

Mom to Dominici (5 years old)

http://mommywriting.com

Old 01-09-2008, 03:59 AM

I'm new to this thread and Dave Ramsey. But for the last month and a half I've been reading anything/everything financial planning/budgeting I can find.

In December I made a $1000 and then another $1200 payment to our Credit card. It's now $5700 owing. I also just made a $500 payment to my credit card (balance was $1000 at 0% until April). I have $200 saved also to go towards that card too - I have to pay it before April since the 0% jumps to like 23% or something nutty. I've been doing GPT sites, ExpoTV, and paid survey. I've been selling on Ebay & Craigslist to make the extra money.

In 2 weeks we're selling our home and living in a rental (will cost us 1/3 what we pay now) for the next 10/11 months until our new home is being built (we started the building process before we realized how much our finances needed to be in order first). So for the next 10/11 months we're focusing on paying the 2 credit cards down $500 and $5700, and then paying off the cars. This should only take half that time (or less since we are selling one of our homes this month and listing our other home for sale soon and will have a nice chunk of change from selling those), and the other half we're working on the savings stuff. DH just contributed a huge chunk to our Roth IRAs this month, and I just upped our 529 monthly deposits. Our savings account (EF) is at $3000.

We're not exactly doing Dave's method, since we need our credit to be at it's best by the time we close on our built home. But as soon as this crazy year is over, we'll be on track on his savings plan.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:25 AM

Just wanted to add my update, more for myself and my accountability!

First of all, hubby and I decided we need to go to some sort of financial person who can look at our budget, tweak it, and hold both of us accountable each month, I think it would save tons of arguments, nick=picking,etc. Right now, we are looking at crownfinancial.org, they sent us the name of someone who does just that, and it's free. Anyone else know of someplace? We don't want the kind where they pay your bills for you or anything,just monthly accountability.

We are going to overspend on groceries a bit this month, but we were able to stock up at some great prices. : I am going to make it a point to go the the amish 'bump and dent' store, where things are at least 50% off. you have to watch expiration dates, opened containers, but most of it is just stuff that is overstock. Today, I got a bunch of gluten free stuff, and a great deal: 150.00, which probably would have cost over 350.00 because I bought alot of toothpaste, shampoos, etc.

So that's the good news this month, did I mention on this thread about angel food ministries? You can google it, it's set up through local churches, it's a food co=op, not a food pantry or anything. Some of the food can be a bit "junky', but they also have specials, great deals on meat, over 1/2 off for them.

The bad news is our medical bills continue to kill us. I am going to be forced to pull out the credit card (the only one with money left) to pay for my medical expenses this month. I can totally see why people file bankruptcy when they have alot of medical bills. I will have over 200 in prescriptions alone, 850 in premium, 15 co-pays for probably 8 doctors,and the real killer: I need to go to long island to have tests run for chiari I formation (newly diagnosed), then see the doctors. My insurance only pays some and the doctors want the money upfront=1000.00. Plus we owe about $2000 from the last two months. My blood work came back today and isn't looking great, looks like my tumor is shutting down not only my thyroid and adrenals, but now my sex hormones are non-existant, my b/p is getting higher and higher, so I need to go see a doc soon.

And did I mention the stomach virus everyone has? The stupid school tells me if they miss 3 days, I have to have a doctors note. So that's another 15.00 per kid, what a waste, going to the doctors to tell me my kid is throwing up, yeah, got it, I'm a nurse!!! called the school today and asked how many unexcused absences we can have per child and told her to expect them!

So there's my update this week, the good, the bad, and the ugly. We looked around this weekend at houses for rent in our area to see if we could rent ours out and rent something cheaper to save money, but we wouldn't get near enough in rent, there's so many empty houses, rent prices are coming down. So we're stuck with our 3000 in housing every month. If we could rent, it would only be about 1000.

Better day tomorrow...
Old 01-09-2008, 04:36 AM

We are doing really well using cash!! Even dh! I am very excited that he is on board with cash, usually his hand is sewn to that darn debit card!
Old 01-09-2008, 04:38 AM

Shane, thanks for doing the roll call!
Old 01-09-2008, 05:49 AM

Hey all--mind if I jump in? This is our first month following the Dave plan and I'm really excited about it! I make decent money and I hate seeing so much of it go out the door for debt payment.

We've demonstrated that we can pay off debt in the past--with two incomes, we paid off my car, a double-digit home equity loan, sizeable credit card bills, and saved almost enough money for me to take six months unpaid maternity leave when babe was born. I'm back at work now, but we've added a little back to the credit card getting "caught up." (Hence the almost in the above sentence.)

Dh is a SAHD now, so we're going to have to live on the perfectly adequate income that I bring home and use it to pay off the old 401k loan, DH's car, and the adoption that we paid for (with our newly freed up HELOC. ) I figure we can get everything but the house taken care of by the end of 2008 if we do it right. We're just used to having two incomes to squander instead of one.

We have our emergency fund and some big extra checks coming the first part of this year, including a very large tax return (from an adoption tax credit, not from overwithholding) so we can get some stuff hammered out.

We have our budget lined up, our cash envelope system ready, our sinking funds established for things like insurance and taxes, and we're ready to go!

The only non-Dave thing we're doing is using some of this extra cash this month to get on a "month ahead" budgeting system. Ie, January's income will pay February's bills. February's income pays March's bills, etc. (Ie, everything I make in February will go into the bank and anything over the $1000 EF gets counted as income for the next month's budget sheet.) That way we can fund all the envelopes at once and plunk down the extra payments right away. It will take the guess work out of my slightly irregular income.

Can't wait to start making those big payments!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:46 PM

Ok I need some help .... I need to know what to do ...

We got some money yesterday and Iam about to pay off the IRS 755.00 then we need to finish paying off verizon 200.00 now I have some money left to put on our lowest debt CC but my question is we no longer have cell phones (we are paying off the cancelation fee ) and my AAA just expired and I have 4 kids . So I renew our AAA or send that 64.00 to the CC ??

Basically is AAA a need or not ? BTW I Do have a Virgin mobel phone for TRUE Emergencys I get 20.00 card for it every 3 monthes . So is this a need or a want ? I want to make the right choice befor I start paying things .

Thanks
Old 01-09-2008, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
I'm new here,

We have $31,000 in consumer debt, $32,000 in my student loans, and god-knows-how-much in dh's student loans

I have a couple of questions:

How do I get dh on board?

1. "Honey, you work so hard six days a week. Wouldn't it be nice to know that all your hard work was going to make our future better?" (But he could counter with, "I work hard and like to have nice things." Then what do I say?)

I can just cancel all the store cards (all the regular credit cards have been cut up for a long time) since they are mostly in my name, but I also need him to put his effort into the snowball. For example, he can do deliveries at work and get $50-150 cash in hand. I would gladly take that towards the snowball, but he might feel like he "deserves" something.

Second question: I was going to apply for nursing school to start this fall. It is at CC, so I would be able to pay cash for it, but would probably not be able to work much, if at all, during it. It takes two years.
WELCOME! This is a wonderful adventure but not an easy one. So worth it!

OK, you dh is acting like a boy and not the man you need in your house. The 'I want' syndrome is not mature and is not a man supporting his wife and child! Cancel the plastic and cut up the cards. If you are ready to budge then start that, remember it takes a few months to get one that works. After you draft the monthly budget let his look at it and have his change things. It still have to zero out. Having his change a few things make him part of the plan. He will propably not change overnight but keeping him involved will help his see the plan. Keep your enthusiasium going and don't mentioned the negative a lot. I like your suggestions of positive future to tell him how it could be. He only looks at the now though.

Your second question regarding nursing school. If I were you, and that is how I answer questions, I would not go. You have a massive amount of debt. How would you pay off debt while cash flowing school? Get intense on the debt and you'll be in school in a few years with security.

Be well,

Old 01-09-2008, 01:15 PM

Hello everyone. I am frustrated because I had to spend $60 on medication because both my ears and my throat are all infected I can replace the money in my EF on Friday, but I am still sad that I had to take out money for that. I know, I know, that is what the EF is for.

I wonder if anyone can give me advice on what to do next. I have chronic ear infections and I am pretty much at my wits end with regular doctors and their ongoing antibiotics pushing. I am considering trying a chiropractor for relief, but it is not covered by my insurance. Is it worth it to budget for a treatment that might help while still in debt? Or should I just suck it up and hold off until our debt is paid?

I am so confused. I think I would think more clearly if I didn't feel so crappy today.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

User Tag List