Jan '08 Lower Income and/or Struggling Mama's Support - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 689 Old 01-03-2008, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#182 of 689 Old 01-03-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Jaime View Post
I know that because I am overweight that I will be considered high risk and will end up not coming anywhere close to the pregnancy and birth that I would like to have. I just feel that hospital births are so confining. And the high risk birthing unit in our area is very much about the whole birth on your back nonsense. Not that birthing on your back is bad, I am sure it works for a lot of people but what if I don't want to be flat on my back?
Birthing as a big person doesn't necessarily make you high risk. Definately check out plussizepregnancy.com. It's being unhealthy, rather than being big, that makes pregnancy more stressfull-- and not all fat people are unhealthy! Granted, I'm a more average-sized fat person (I think I topped out around 245, size 20 at 5'1") but I've never been what anyone would call slim.

Quote:
What if another position works better. Plus a client at my shelter gave birth there and I was shocked *okay, appalled* at how many people were prodding the baby and messing with the baby, and just in general bothering the baby. I have nothing against medical students, when I was getting my teaching degree people let me practice teaching their kids, so I feel like I do not have the right to complain about a student learning how to work in other fields. But there was just so many of them.
Legally, they can't be there unless you sign a waiver. I don't know how it is where you live, but around here your client would have had to sign half a dozen forms to have them around-- a HEPA form, a consent to treat form, a consent to have students present, etc, etc and so forth. They take crap like that VERY seriously.

Quote:
And they posted pictures of the baby on the internet even after the Mom told them 4 times not to because she was in an abusive situation and needed to keep all news of the baby private for safety reasons.
Again, this is a violation of *federal law*.

Quote:
Gaah! And those creepy hospital blankets they wrap the babies in. I really don't want my baby in one of those. I make baby blankets, and I know the love I put in to every single row. Even if I don't know a baby personally, the love is still there. I just can't handle a mass produced blanket being put on my child.
I can totally relate. That said, with BeanBean I made blanket (sewn/quilted & crocheted & knitted) and brought them in for him. They were more than happy to wrap him up in the blankies I'd made for him. BeanBean went to NICU, too, and got a hand-made blanket there (as did Bella; BooBah didn't, because not only did she not go to NICU but she was born at the end of June ). One more thing, though, that can really be avoided if it's important to you.

Quote:
Okay, my husband thinks I am a bit irrational on the issue, and maybe I am. But we have very clear ideas of what we want and I don't think a birth in a hospital with 50 people around and my Mom and MIL telling me what I should do is what I really want.
Entirely reasonable. I'm a bit anal-retentive myself.

Quote:
My Mom is on board with a homebirth, my MIL is dead set against it.
I'm confused-- what say does your mother in law have about your birth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianyoushi View Post
i also need to come up with 4k to get my teeth fixed and the dentist i went to doesnt take payment plans --all the money needs to be handed over at the end of the procedure...
I'm right there with you-- only I need about $8000. : By the time I actually get to a dentist, who knows how much it'll be. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearaina View Post
I don't know much about where you live, but here in SC Pennsylvania, even the hospital births can be very natural. My last two hospital births were the best they could be given the difficulties, and my doctors are referred to by the nursing staff as "part midwives". Maybe you can find some doctors like that in your area?
: It's totally possible. (I'm in SC PA as well. )

Quote:
Update on my DH: I had him take a baking soda bath last night and he took some benedryl. He had relief last night but this morning was back in itchy agony Poor guy, I feel for him I work tonight but I am leaving the baking soda out where he can see it and the benedryl so he can repeat it tonight. Who would have thought someone could be so allergic to a shampoo bar? Crazy! But he is allergic to everything else, so I shouldn't be so shocked I guess
I tried a shampoo bar once, and like your husband broke out in hives. mine were only on my back, belly, neck, face and hands, though, because I didn't wash all over with it, just my hair. I baking soda and oatmeal baths (rather than buying the expensive colloidal oatmeal, I grind regular oatmeal in the coffee grinder until it's really fine, or even use that baby oatmeal from wic that none of my kids would eat much of). It's a lot easier to deal with whole body rashes in the summer when you can walk around the house naked without freezing your bits off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Sweeties1Angel View Post
My mom is going to pay the bill but I'm turning them in anyway. I don't like it when people f$^# with me.
Good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
And dd's bday is next week. I only got her one book and she was already depressed that Santa didn't bring her as much as the other kids (she got a keyboard we saved for for her free piano lessons from dh's work). She is such a big reader and really wanted more new books or a toy. And ds's bday is in less than a month and I have nothing for him.
How old is she, and what does she like to read?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygirl View Post
Thystle - if you'd like I can update the list for you while you are gone. I have nothing better to do, honestly. I can just copy and paste into a new post {So I can edit it}, then have you link to it in the origional post.
Should we pm you, then, to update the list?

Quote:
Okay, so someone tell me that it is okay that my washing machine is not spinning. I think something might have gotten stuck under the aggitator, because the motor is running, it is just not spinning. I am praying that DH can fix it tonight when he gets home. It is only a couple of years old, a wedding gift from my parents. I don't know why, but I am in a panic. I guess because I am really uncomfortable not being able to clean my laundry should I have to, yeah, I am weird. But I am sure it is okay. I am telling myself that so I wont have a panic attack.
Ours isn't spinning either. We've got a front loader that's only two years old, so mike's gonna call Home Depot tomorrow (we're pretty sure it's still under warranty). : It makes life so difficult, though-- three kids, one in diapers. . . :

Quote:
1. I am thankful that I got on the scale this morning and I have lost another 11 lbs this month to add to last month... that makes 25 lbs total lost
2.. I am thankful that my Uncle gave me two brand new tires so I saved a lot of money, and that my new tires are so awesome that I had no trouble at all getting home in the snow today
3. I am thankful that I did well on my first evaluation from work that I got yesterday. I am thankful that my boss asked me if I wanted to keep working there and if I was happy, and I said yes
4. I am thankful that my washer picked today not to work since I only had one load to do and not like, 5
5. I am thankful to have so much yarn that I can just crochet to my heart's content on baby blankets for Mamas
Sweet. I wish I could say I'd lost 25 pounds. I won't even lose weight when I have the baby-- I'm always starving until the milk supply is well-established. I won't start losing weight until Seamonkey's about eight months old (if then .

Got the blanket today-- it's adorable! And I want you to know something-- having something that was made just for him is extra special. Seamonkey is a fourth child, and fourth children rarely get new things, to say nothing of things which were made just for them (Bella was the third and I don't think she got anything that was just for her at all). Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post
Ladies just letting you know, I'll be gone a while. I was right about this babe. That crampiness was the start of labor. I'm 33 1/2 weeks and my water just broke so please if you are the praying sort, pray for my little babe. I've already called the husband and he's 45 minutes away but speeding like mad over here to get me and the kids will go to grandma's house. I"m having painless contractions and slight crampiness right now so we'll see but this babe will definitely be a nicu baby. Just think of us with a few good lung development vibes! I'm really scared.
I loathe NICU myself. Here's hoping for two healthy lungs and a short, easy stay.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#183 of 689 Old 01-03-2008, 08:34 PM

my own day: It was pretty long, but I think a lot got done. I put mike on the schedule, and he was better behaved. Now I know-- just treat him the way I treat my 10 year old niece (give them a task which they can accomplish on their own, then offer positive reenforcement and such so that they can move on to the next task) and all will be well. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

I've got a WIC appointment for tomorrow, so I'll be able to get milk and eggs. Always a good thing. Oh, and mike agreed to go to counseling; Now we just have to see how the insurance mess would work out. I'm still not sure it's necessary for us, but whatever, I'm willing to try if it makes him feel better.

Seamonkey feels like he's hanging out-- he's very, very, VERY low. If my cervix wasn't (likely) locked up tighter than Fort Knox, I'd be concerned about him sliding out now. . . but it probably won't happen. I don't know if I mentioned it here or not, but as of yesterday I'm scheduled to have a c-section on 30 Jan. It's earlier than I would have liked, but I suppose it could be worse.

I'm very cold and tired, but I have work to do. . . so I'm off to do it. Nothing else for it, right?

#184 of 689 Old 01-03-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannienicole View Post
The moment she says she needs it, I am ready to help when and where I can.
Same here - I will help however I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
I've got a WIC appointment for tomorrow, so I'll be able to get milk and eggs. Always a good thing. Oh, and mike agreed to go to counseling; Now we just have to see how the insurance mess would work out. I'm still not sure it's necessary for us, but whatever, I'm willing to try if it makes him feel better.

Seamonkey feels like he's hanging out-- he's very, very, VERY low. If my cervix wasn't (likely) locked up tighter than Fort Knox, I'd be concerned about him sliding out now. . . but it probably won't happen. I don't know if I mentioned it here or not, but as of yesterday I'm scheduled to have a c-section on 30 Jan. It's earlier than I would have liked, but I suppose it could be worse.
Wic is great - we owe DD's weight gain to them covering her formula. With my thyroid issues, I just don't have rich enough milk to get her to grow good.

And might I ask why the c/s? Just curious - not trying to flame or anything.

Quote:
Birthing as a big person doesn't necessarily make you high risk. Definately check out plussizepregnancy.com. It's being unhealthy, rather than being big, that makes pregnancy more stressfull-- and not all fat people are unhealthy! Granted, I'm a more average-sized fat person (I think I topped out around 245, size 20 at 5'1") but I've never been what anyone would call slim.

Should we pm you, then, to update the list?

Sweet. I wish I could say I'd lost 25 pounds. I won't even lose weight when I have the baby-- I'm always starving until the milk supply is well-established. I won't start losing weight until Seamonkey's about eight months old (if then .
DD was born when I weighed 252, and I was 238 when I got pg. I ate anything I wanted too - and never got GD or anything. Plussizedpregancy is a great site too! I was starving after DD was born too - I was constantly sending my mother down to the hospital cafe for more food!

You can either PM me, or just post in the thread as a note to me.
#185 of 689 Old 01-03-2008, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
slvsquared I have not mailed your snappis yet. I have strep throat now. I just finished antibotics for my kindey infection.

Heidi
#186 of 689 Old 01-03-2008, 09:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Ladies just letting you know, I'll be gone a while. I was right about this babe. That crampiness was the start of labor. I'm 33 1/2 weeks and my water just broke so please if you are the praying sort, pray for my little babe. I've already called the husband and he's 45 minutes away but speeding like mad over here to get me and the kids will go to grandma's house. I"m having painless contractions and slight crampiness right now so we'll see but this babe will definitely be a nicu baby. Just think of us with a few good lung development vibes! I'm really scared.
Sending prayers your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris' Mom View Post

Mamas, I'm very down these days. When I think about the turn my life has taken over the past 2 yrs, I'm just so sad. But of all the bad luck I've had, nothing makes me weep so much as to see my kids hurting. Both have been diagnosed with PTSD. DD is 17 and should be graduating in a few months near the top of her class and heading off to a top-tier college, but instead, she was recently hospitalized for depression, is not going to graduate this year, and has only been saved from failing because her teachers like her so much they have bent every rule possible to allow her to finish up in good standing. But STILL she is struggling so much. And my 6 y.o. ds used to be the happiest, most sociable little boy who made friends so easily. And now his social issues have reached the point that other mothers tell their kids not to play with him. Both are in therapy several times a week and things just don't seem to be getting better. I look at my little baby and wonder what I'm going to next to f$*k up his life.
HUGS Mama you did not mess up your kids. He he he you can blame it all on your ex. Seriously it is good that you found out now about your dd depression now before she flunked out of college because of it. I am so glad she has supportive teachers that will help you. As far as your son goes, there just those kinds of parents out there looking for flaws in other peoples kids.

Heidi
#187 of 689 Old 01-03-2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
: For a healthy fully developed baby and peace for your family.

Well I applied online for foodstamps and childcare assistance, but then I saw that our landlord, and employers have to fill out really long forms to verify everything and decided not to follow through...I guess knowing that people have such a bad sentament towards people using welfare assistance because of how many people abuse it I am just afraid we'll be looked at like that. But then I think, am I making a poor choice for my family for selfish reasons?

Thankfuls:
DH has applied to tons of jobs and is spending hours searching each day and then I have been helping with his resume etc - so maybe he will have work soon.

I start a Saturday job this week

My student loan check should be handed to me Wednesday
#188 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Yeah subsidized housing would GREATLY fix my problem but there's over a year long waiting list right now for all complexes unfortunately. And I dont' know of any way to get higher on the list other than be compeltely homeless which I can't do with a 3 year old, 7 year old, and a newborn.
Staying at a shelter can also qualify as being homeless. Thats what I had to do in order to get on the housing subsidy in my area. It sucked. It sucked a lot. But it enabled us to get a roof over our head at a price we could afford.

Quote:
Oh my gosh! That wasn't supposed to happen! I hope things go smoothly for you and the babe! Update when you can. Praying for healthy lungs and a healthy baby and mama...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thystle View Post
Nature.... are you still needing maternity clothes? Little baby stuff?
I think that I'll be okay with maternity clothes since I only have 6 more weeks left. I do only have one pair of pants that fit me, so maybe if anyone comes across some Maternity size Extra Large lounge type pants, like the kind with a drawstring or something.. that will fit over my belly..those would be good.

Gender neutral clothing is always appreciated. Especially some infant socks, and jammies. I don't know whether this babe is a boy or a girl.

Oh! Does anyone have any thick jersey type blankets in either gender neutral or boy colors? I found a gorgeous one online that was green and navy blue striped that was so soft and thick, it was like doubled up and made from jersey or soft cotton I couldn't tell. Anyway, I loved it! But it was too expensive. I haven't yet bought this babe a blanket for her/himself and I'd really love one.

Also, one other thing to add to the list if you could (or your stand in helper ) I am in need of a new cover for my daughters Marathon car seat. The elastic is totally off this one, and its faded and stained all to heck. I'd try replacing the elastic, but I'm not too great like that.. and its the only carseat we have to use so I can't exactly mail it to someone to fix for me. But if anyone has a spare Britax Marathon cover I would appreciate it so much!!! The new ones cost so much. I'd even be willing to buy it off you if it wasn't too expensive.. girly or boy colors, it doesn't matter. (its my dd's carseat but I'm not picky)

I'm kinda bummed today. I lent some baby things about a year 1/2 ago to a friend when she had her baby, and I found out that instead of offering them to me since she knew I was expecting.. she just threw them away. That was a swing, bouncy seat, carseat bunting, and a walker. It took everything I had to let her use them because I don't just have money to go out and buy more. She knew she was borrowing them and even mentioned, "If you need them back later just let me know!" She went out and bought all new things to replace mine that she threw away.. and I'm sitting here with nothing. I don't even have a car seat yet! She threw that out too! Ugh. I wasn't even angry.. just shocked and depressed..

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#189 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayinme View Post
Nature, I have a swing you can have, it needs a screw ( I beleive) but otherwise in perfect condition. I also may have a car seat too, I offered it to another Mama but if she does not need it, its yours. I might have a 1 pair of lounge style pants left.. let me look. Lets still try to get together and I can get this stuff together for you.

Shay
Oh awesome!! Thank you!

Yes, now that the sickness seems to have passed my house- I need to get to your place!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#190 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
Oh! Does anyone have any thick jersey type blankets in either gender neutral or boy colors? I found a gorgeous one online that was green and navy blue striped that was so soft and thick, it was like doubled up and made from jersey or soft cotton I couldn't tell. Anyway, I loved it! But it was too expensive. I haven't yet bought this babe a blanket for her/himself and I'd really love one.
After we move and I take inventory, I'll see what we have. We may end up using tons at a time, but I seem to recall having more baby blankets than any one child could ever need, particularly in boy-themes. We do tend to use them as car blankets forever, but as long as each child has three (two for the car, one for the wash) we can definately share the warmth.

Quote:
I'm kinda bummed today. I lent some baby things about a year 1/2 ago to a friend when she had her baby, and I found out that instead of offering them to me since she knew I was expecting.. she just threw them away. That was a swing, bouncy seat, carseat bunting, and a walker. It took everything I had to let her use them because I don't just have money to go out and buy more. She knew she was borrowing them and even mentioned, "If you need them back later just let me know!" She went out and bought all new things to replace mine that she threw away.. and I'm sitting here with nothing. I don't even have a car seat yet! She threw that out too! Ugh. I wasn't even angry.. just shocked and depressed..
So weak!! I wish I could help, but I've been wanting a swing ever since the one BeanBean & BooBah used (which had belonged to Chibi, BizzyBug, and my nephew before Bean got to it) fell to bits. Bella never got to swing at all, and ChunkityButt is still using hers. We'll get the kicky-bounce, though; Chunkity is already past the weight limit.

#191 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 01:56 AM

<sigh>
Bad day...everytime I start feeling really good, the X calls and makes me feel like shit again. I know it's all in how I react, but dang. What a jerk.

Oh, and the washer is making the toilet back up into the tub, wtf?

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#192 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 03:05 AM

Justmama! and positive, healthy vibes to you and your precious babe! Will keep on sending...
#193 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 04:41 AM

OMG mamas I'm late in coming to this thread... I will come back and read in more detail when I have more time... it is 11.40 here and my kids are still up so I need to go deal with Life...!

#194 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 09:48 AM

Ugh 4 hours of sleep last night. :yawning:

Morning Mamas

#195 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I missed the MDC mamas here too! I had so much to tell you all and you weren't there!

Thinking of you and your babe. Please let us know if there is anything you need.

Okay, so I had my ultrasound of my thyroid this morning. Hashimoto's. Ick. At least I now know that this goiter isn't cancer and that there is a real reason I have been on my meds for well over a year. That and I got a call a bit later....oops! The doc forgot to call me back around the 13th of Dec to say that my dosage has been upped quite a bit. So I went almost a month with foggy brain, fatigue and extreme cold intolerance because they forgot to call me :. I start my new dose in the morning. I hope it helps. Thankfully we have tricare so my med was free. w00t, 90 supply!
I'm glad its not cancerous! and doctors are idiots (blanket, but true in general) I am SOOOooooo sick of my doctor treating lab results instead of, well, ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
slvsquared I have not mailed your snappis yet. I have strep throat now. I just finished antibotics for my kindey infection.
oh, mama! I hope you are well soon.

Good Morning Mamas!

Its going to be 100% warmer today than yesterday! ......that means 20 whole degrees instead of 10!....but at least it won't be 'insta-freeze' when I open the door.

plans for the day include pricing books and supplies for this semester so my worker at DHHS can pay for them! Its almost that time. I registered for a drawing class .....i am artistic with 'stuff'...not so much with paper and pencil. should be fun

a really fun thing.....(dp) bought tix to a THIRD Ani show for my Ani Weekend. So, instead of two....he will meet me in Boston while I'm dropping my neice off at Logan....and we'll drive to Ithaca for a third night of . I'll have a fresh boo-boo from my surgery and be horribly exhausted, but it will be fun. I haven't had an ani triple-shot in three years now I just need to figure out what to do with the pooches. and pray the grandbaby doesn't come on her dd

okay, i gotta scoot.....i'll check in later!

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#196 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamoo View Post

I've had three wonderful homebirths at right around 300 pounds. It can be done, but I guarentee the pregnancy experience has got to be better at a lighter weight/more fit condition. It wasn't horrible, but emotionally it is hard when people just assume you are really fat and not that you are pregnant.
Thanks

Quote:
I am so sorry, last night I was at work so I missed your post. I am praying for you and your baby!! I just know she will be a fighter. Please update when you can and do not be afraid to ask for help, we are all here for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyTamara View Post
My gratefuls for today:

*My sons first day of school after christmas (today) went ok. He did NOT want to go, but once we got there it was ok. His anxiety didn`t kick in as bad as it often does, thankfully.

*That e a welfareprogram pays my electrical bills. For now, anyway. It`s freezing here, and my tiny apartment gets pretty cold. Not very well isolated.

*Tomorrow is friday! My son always spends the night at his fathers on fridays, and I can have some alonetime at home. It was kinda sad and lonely in the beginning, but now it`s something I look forward to.

to all the mamas on this thread!!
Glad you have some time to yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathirynne View Post
: justmama

My thankfuls:

*I have electricity in my loo again! (Long story, but I've been without it since August.)

*I can put in 1/2 hour of overtime every day just by eating lunch at my desk. (Time and a half is time and a half. )

*I can come to this thread and not feel judged.

*My student ID still works as a bus pass, even though I graduated almost 3 years ago.
Nice to see you again. I hear you about the bus pass. Many years ago I had to take long bus rides to get to work and I was barely making ends meet. I bought a bus pass because you got more rides cheaper that way. Anyway, this one particular bus driver would never stamp my pass. I would try to hand it to him but he was just shake his head and let me go. Honestly, he will never know how much he helped me that year. I guess it seems like a small thing, but to me it meant the world That bus pass lasted forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleweather View Post
When our washer broke a couple of months back it did the exact same thing. It turns out that the basket wasn't seated correctly on the spinner-thing (yeah, I'm sure that's the technical term for it, too...) and all DH had to do was reseat the basket by yanking on it. You might have your hubby give that a try, and I'll be hoping it's something easy like that. (The fact that the motor is working bodes well, though...)

For what it's worth I found my pregnancy with Elliot (started out at 210) to be way easier than my pregnancy with Rhys (started out at 175ish). I think it was a lot easier for my bigger body to manage and carry the extra weight of the baby than it was when I was smaller... I didn't have nearly the joint pain or the problems in my hips and my back when I started out as a bigger mama. And both times, I looked fat rather than pregnant up until the last couple of weeks.
My DH looked at the washer, there is a small part broken, and thankfully it is only a few dollars. I am so thankful! I will get the part today. And thanks for the input on pregnancy

Quote:

I can totally relate. That said, with BeanBean I made blanket (sewn/quilted & crocheted & knitted) and brought them in for him. They were more than happy to wrap him up in the blankies I'd made for him. BeanBean went to NICU, too, and got a hand-made blanket there (as did Bella; BooBah didn't, because not only did she not go to NICU but she was born at the end of June ). One more thing, though, that can really be avoided if it's important to you.

Entirely reasonable. I'm a bit anal-retentive myself.

I'm confused-- what say does your mother in law have about your birth?

I tried a shampoo bar once, and like your husband broke out in hives. mine were only on my back, belly, neck, face and hands, though, because I didn't wash all over with it, just my hair. I baking soda and oatmeal baths (rather than buying the expensive colloidal oatmeal, I grind regular oatmeal in the coffee grinder until it's really fine, or even use that baby oatmeal from wic that none of my kids would eat much of). It's a lot easier to deal with whole body rashes in the summer when you can walk

Got the blanket today-- it's adorable! And I want you to know something-- having something that was made just for him is extra special. Seamonkey is a fourth child, and fourth children rarely get new things, to say nothing of things which were made just for them (Bella was the third and I don't think she got anything that was just for her at all). Thank you so much!

Oh my MIL threw one heck of a hissy fit when I mentioned a home birth to her. So much so that DH took me home She said she was not having that, and that she and my Mother would gang up on me and force me to go to a hospital. Not the ideal thing to say since my Mother was actually born at home and she is totally fine with a homebirth should it be possible Keep in mind that this is also the MIL that gives me long lectures on why I should quit my job, etc. I say that when she pays my bills, she can have an opinion, until then, I am not listening

I am glad that you liked the blanket I am also glad to hear that I might be able to avoid the hospital issues blankets. I do not know why, but they bother me on so many levels

Quote:

I'm very cold and tired, but I have work to do. . . so I'm off to do it. Nothing else for it, right?
I am glad you have a date for Seamonkey. It will be good to at least know when, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
: For a healthy fully developed baby and peace for your family.

Well I applied online for foodstamps and childcare assistance, but then I saw that our landlord, and employers have to fill out really long forms to verify everything and decided not to follow through...I guess knowing that people have such a bad sentament towards people using welfare assistance because of how many people abuse it I am just afraid we'll be looked at like that. But then I think, am I making a poor choice for my family for selfish reasons?

Thankfuls:
DH has applied to tons of jobs and is spending hours searching each day and then I have been helping with his resume etc - so maybe he will have work soon.

I start a Saturday job this week

My student loan check should be handed to me Wednesday
Well I think that being on foodstamps is more common that we sometimes think, so I do not think that your landlord would judge you at all. It is also not really any of their business in the long run, but I guarentee you that you aren't the only one at work getting food stamps.

Quote:
Staying at a shelter can also qualify as being homeless. Thats what I had to do in order to get on the housing subsidy in my area. It sucked. It sucked a lot. But it enabled us to get a roof over our head at a price we could afford.

Yep, as soon as a woman comes to my shelter, they are considered homeless and qualify for the services that are offered. But I agree, shelters in general suck, although I pride myself on attempting to make mine as homey as possible for the ladies. But yeah, the actual being there would totally suck

I am shocked that she would toss your things without offering them back to you! That is crazy! And rude Sorry to hear that

Quote:
Ugh 4 hours of sleep last night. :yawning:

Morning Mamas

I got about 2 hours last night. I had a client needing shelter really late last night, so I did not get the paper work complete until about 4 AM. I will be nice and cranky today for my DH when he gets home

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#197 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 11:53 AM

morning ladies - I'm : so I'm still a little groggy.

DD was sick all nite - she threw up again {twice this time}, and just miserable. Poor lil thing! I wish I knew why she keeps throwing up - she has never done this before. I'm going to take her into the pedi when we get back.

well - it appears that this trip to oklahoma to see the specialist was all in vain. We are hoping to leave Sunday, but this is friday and I still don't have an appt with the specialist, so it looks like I'll be starting over in Texas, with the crappy local health system there. At least I can use medicaid there to pay for it. :

I'm still trying to figure out what to do about school. I'm toying with the idea of just taking 1 class {which won't be offered again for 3 years}, and trying to get my various businesses rolling good. We need the money so bad, and I really don't want to take out any more college loans {I already owe 90k}. Plus the odds of me getting a job in any of those fields is slim.

well ladies - I'm off to try to finish cleaning my brother's house.
#198 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 12:07 PM

Well this is the first month since my job loss without unemployment and things are about to get uber tight around here. Its hardly as if we have been flush but I can definitely see where the UE was helpful. Also must talk with FIL soon and see how much longer he can assist with the mortgage payments since as I told dh I really don't want to end up homeless.

This is a tough state to be unemployed in, back home in Chicago it was a lot easier to pick up a get by job, many years ago I waited tables and did ok with it, making at least $75 a shift but here it seems like there are no good restaurants to do that with since the staff probably never leaves if they are doing well. So I am about ramping up my ebay efforts. We aren't gonna starve and at the moment nothing is in danger of getting cut off so those are definitely things I am thankful for at the moment.

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#199 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediesmom View Post
plans for the day include pricing books and supplies for this semester so my worker at DHHS can pay for them! Its almost that time. I registered for a drawing class .....i am artistic with 'stuff'...not so much with paper and pencil. should be fun
I have to ask - how do you get DHHS to pay for classes? I'm curious!

Quote:
my milk is pure fat. I once left some pumped milk sitting and you know how it separates? The cream rose to the top, and it was like, 45% of the bottle. :

I'm scheduled for a c-section because I've already had two, and I'm not really keen on birthing unassisted (and they don't do V2BACs around here ).

Oh yeah, I always lose weight *during* the pregnancies; I usually end up really close to my starting weight (right now, I'm about 10 pounds down). It's afterwards that I gain. Insanity.

La la!

To send:
List will be updated in just a minute. Oh and I have yarn for you to do whatever with - you can do wool right? I had some given to me, hand-dyed from a gal at hyenacart, and I'm allergic to wool so I can't use it.

I lose weight because I get really bad morning sickness until around 8 months. And my milk started out with the half cream too - when my thyroid screwed up it really lowered the cream level in my milk.
#200 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
They really won't accept pay stubs and cancelled checks? Ooh, these rules make me so mad. If you need it, I really encourage you to apply. It was hard for me at first, but every week I feel more self-assured when I think "who cares what anyone thinks?" Not a bad frame of mind, no matter what's happening in your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura_Kitten View Post
OMG mamas I'm late in coming to this thread... I will come back and read in more detail when I have more time... it is 11.40 here and my kids are still up so I need to go deal with Life...!

Welcome back. I hope things are okay.

Quote:

DD was sick all nite - she threw up again {twice this time}, and just miserable. Poor lil thing! I wish I knew why she keeps throwing up - she has never done this before. I'm going to take her into the pedi when we get back.

well - it appears that this trip to oklahoma to see the specialist was all in vain. We are hoping to leave Sunday, but this is friday and I still don't have an appt with the specialist, so it looks like I'll be starting over in Texas, with the crappy local health system there. At least I can use medicaid there to pay for it. :
I hope your dd is better soon. Sorry the trip wasn't helpful.

Quote:
Well this is the first month since my job loss without unemployment and things are about to get uber tight around here. Its hardly as if we have been flush but I can definitely see where the UE was helpful. Also must talk with FIL soon and see how much longer he can assist with the mortgage payments since as I told dh I really don't want to end up homeless.

This is a tough state to be unemployed in, back home in Chicago it was a lot easier to pick up a get by job, many years ago I waited tables and did ok with it, making at least $75 a shift but here it seems like there are no good restaurants to do that with since the staff probably never leaves if they are doing well. So I am about ramping up my ebay efforts. We aren't gonna starve and at the moment nothing is in danger of getting cut off so those are definitely things I am thankful for at the moment.

Shay
I'm sorry things are so tight. Any chance of relocating?

Quote:

List will be updated in just a minute. Oh and I have yarn for you to do whatever with - you can do wool right? I had some given to me, hand-dyed from a gal at hyenacart, and I'm allergic to wool so I can't use it.
Are you the one updating the list? I posted a list of some things I have, and no one's responded. Maybe no one needs them, or maybe it's getting lost in the shuffle. Should I pm you?

Some of my multi-quotes seem to have disappeared. I know I missed Nature and Ediesmom. You and everyone else,

Yesterday I got dumped by my therapist because her agency doesn't take Medicare alone b/c they only reimburse $35. Just about no one takes it, and there's an impossible waiting list for the few who do. I'm so upset. I just cancelled my BCBS because I couldn't afford the $1073/mo., got the kids on Medicaid, and I have Medicare. I was rejected for Medicaid except if I pay $10,500 out of pocket first over 6 months. It looks like I'm going to have to buy supplemental insurance or go without treatment. I'm tempted to go without treatment, but then I'll definitely lose my appeal against my disability insurer, because I'm required to comply with any treatment plan.

The police just called while I was out trying to set up a time to escort stbx here to get some of his stuff. I forgot he had a hearing date today on the charges against dd. Thank goodness I was out. No way is he stepping foot in this house unless I'm surrounded by family and friends, police escort or no. And forget about it if he tries to come when the kids are here. I should probably file a motion to modify the order letting him get his stuff, but it's just to much energy to deal with right now.

Okay, I'm tired of griping. Let's try something else:

DS got invited to a birthday party for someone in his class! He's so excited, and I'm so happy for him.

DS got his yellow belt in karate! He's so proud of himself!

DD is learning how to drive, and is doing an awesome job! It'll be so great to have one other person who can run and do errands (meaning, I'll never have to run out for a gallon of milk again! )

The mother of dd's friend offered to let her stay at her house next year in case I get booted out of town (i.e., imminent foreclosure). Granted, dd is very well liked, and has had several offers, but this mom (whom I've never met) told dd to talk to me about setting up a meeting with the school adjustment counselor, which says to me that she has some grasp of the responsibility that she's undertaking and isn't just making a spur-of-the-moment decision that she'll come to regret quickly.

My aunt's friend who has a catering business stopped by with two big trays of ziti and meatballs for no apparent reason but the goodness of his heart! I barely know him.
#201 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I am glad that you liked the blanket
Dh just got back from the post office today Jaime, and I got the blanket you made for my babe as well! Its gorgeous! Ivy (my sensory child) took it and started smelling it and saying "Ooooohhh" You don't know how much it means to me to have something not only handmade.. but made JUST for my baby. My grandmother died before any of my children were born, and she was the only knitter in the family.

So thank you so much!!

Quote:
Yep, as soon as a woman comes to my shelter, they are considered homeless and qualify for the services that are offered. But I agree, shelters in general suck, although I pride myself on attempting to make mine as homey as possible for the ladies. But yeah, the actual being there would totally suck

I am shocked that she would toss your things without offering them back to you! That is crazy! And rude Sorry to hear that
The family shelter in my area was a pretty hellish experience. It was a lot like being locked up in the hospital. You had to sign out just to go outside. You were not allowed visitors or to go anywhere unless it was a job. Everything you brought became their property and locked up. You had to ask to do anything, even read a book. You child had to be with you 24/7. That also meant you had to go to the bathroom with them, even if they were older and they also had to shower with you. When they went to bed at night or took naps, you had to stay with them in the bedroom. You were not even allowed to go to the bathroom.

No play ground or fenced in area outside for kids to play. A duck pond outside, but you had to sign up and out to even go there. Food was served in a cafeteria up the street. You had to walk there, up a hill, no matter what kind of weather or how you were feeling. You could not even opt out of eating. They forced you to go.

I came down with bronchitis and pneumonia while I was there, and they still gave me the chore of carrying all the smoking butt buckets up the hill, dumping and washing them out. I could barely even stand up to use the bathroom, but.. we all had chores to do all day long. And being sick was no excuse they told me. I threw up twice while trying to get those buckets up the hill... after I collapsed on the floor in the livingroom and bawled my eyes out, they finally brought me to a hospital.

So, as you can see... our shelter isn't that great. It was a roof over our heads, and it allowed me to get help. But it was so demoralizing. The women that ran the place were on power trips. They were a lot like the CPS caseworkers in the area, same attitude. I was only at that shelter for a little over 2 weeks. I met some guy at the hospital when I was there and moved in with him... if that tells you how badly I did NOT want to go back to that shelter. Oh yes, poor choice.. but, I lived. And I learned. And I finally got my subsidy. LOL

I am so glad to hear your stories of a happier shelter. One filled with love from you. I wish there were more places like that...

#202 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
The moment she says she needs it, I am ready to help when and where I can.
Yeah, me too. I can`t part with MUCH money, but I definitely can help with a little something.

Quote:
my own day: It was pretty long, but I think a lot got done. I put mike on the schedule, and he was better behaved. Now I know-- just treat him the way I treat my 10 year old niece (give them a task which they can accomplish on their own, then offer positive reenforcement and such so that they can move on to the next task) and all will be well. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

After thinking long and hard about it I have decided you should take it as a good thing!

Quote:

Oooh, no she didn`t!?!?!?!:
How incredible rude!! Not to mention really stupid!
I am so, so sorry! Hopefully something good will happen, and you will get the things your precious baby needs.

*Single, attached Norwegian mama to my LoveBug, 2001*

#203 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:

The family shelter in my area was a pretty hellish experience. It was a lot like being locked up in the hospital. You had to sign out just to go outside. You were not allowed visitors or to go anywhere unless it was a job. Everything you brought became their property and locked up. You had to ask to do anything, even read a book. You child had to be with you 24/7. That also meant you had to go to the bathroom with them, even if they were older and they also had to shower with you. When they went to bed at night or took naps, you had to stay with them in the bedroom. You were not even allowed to go to the bathroom.

No play ground or fenced in area outside for kids to play. A duck pond outside, but you had to sign up and out to even go there. Food was served in a cafeteria up the street. You had to walk there, up a hill, no matter what kind of weather or how you were feeling. You could not even opt out of eating. They forced you to go.

I came down with bronchitis and pneumonia while I was there, and they still gave me the chore of carrying all the smoking butt buckets up the hill, dumping and washing them out. I could barely even stand up to use the bathroom, but.. we all had chores to do all day long. And being sick was no excuse they told me. I threw up twice while trying to get those buckets up the hill... after I collapsed on the floor in the livingroom and bawled my eyes out, they finally brought me to a hospital.

So, as you can see... our shelter isn't that great. It was a roof over our heads, and it allowed me to get help. But it was so demoralizing. The women that ran the place were on power trips. They were a lot like the CPS caseworkers in the area, same attitude. I was only at that shelter for a little over 2 weeks. I met some guy at the hospital when I was there and moved in with him... if that tells you how badly I did NOT want to go back to that shelter. Oh yes, poor choice.. but, I lived. And I learned. And I finally got my subsidy. LOL

I am so glad to hear your stories of a happier shelter. One filled with love from you. I wish there were more places like that...
Wow! I had no idea the local places were like that, I was the program director at a homeless shelter before we moved out here and had worked at several others and none of then were like that at all. In fact at 2 of them (the 2 that took women, I also worked at a mens only shelter) were extremely nice. I actually had Starbucks giving us coffee and end of day pastries.. at one we had such good food, the staff loved to eat with the clients. Always clients could leave, yes they did have to state where they were going especially at the one that had a majority of SA cases but it was most certainly not a locked down facility. It makes me angry to hear of people getting treated like that :

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#204 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 03:47 PM

Wow a lots gone on in a few days. I've been reading, but by the time I caught up on the thread had no time to post! Things have been crazy here with the holidays and everyone has been sick although thankfully no puking. Just cough and feeling like crap. The little guy has been taking 3 hour naps daily and sleeping in late. However dd's last day off school is today and she has been getting up between 5-6am! Even during school she doesn't need to be up until 7 She gave up naps at 2 though and doesn't seem to need much sleep. I had a 25 week checkup today. My bp is causing problems still although it's not as high as it's been. We had a talk about possibly needing meds to control it which I hate the thought of, but a stroke isn't a good option either It's really depressing to be showing this many signs of pre-e already. That's also part of the reason I haven't been online or posting as much. I'm spending part of each day laying down on my side. I'm also dealing with swelling that makes typing and sewing difficult. Since most of dd's requests for her bday next week require sewing being able to use my hands is very needed.

Some thankfuls to add to a bit of a whiny post.

I got some material for 2 shirts at a huge sale at Hancocks. They are having more sales this weekend so I'll be seeing how much money we have after bills and hopefully picking up stuff for dd's birthday.

Previously mentioned dd will be in school on Monday! I know there are lots of hsers here, but we both need her in school. She was almost in tears a couple times this past week wanting to be at school.

It's warmer today then the past couple days. I know our temps are nothing compared to many of your's so I feel I shouldn't complain too much. The big problem is this place keeps nice and cool in the summer which is great for FL. It stays dead cold when it's cold outside though. As we only have 2 small heaters that makes things a bit rough. Poor dh was working outside and saw sleet yesterday in coastal, central FL!

I just found out about a new carseat that should work perfectly for ds from Graco. Finding the money for it will be interesting, but he will have to have a new seat soon. It's supposed to have slots as high as the Regent in a seat similar in size to dd's turbobooster. Perfect for my huge kids!

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#205 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:

Sorry to hear your DD is sick I am also sorry about not being able to see the specialist

Quote:

Shay
I am glad you are able to ebay some things

Quote:

Yesterday I got dumped by my therapist because her agency doesn't take Medicare alone b/c they only reimburse $35. Just about no one takes it, and there's an impossible waiting list for the few who do. I'm so upset. I just cancelled my BCBS because I couldn't afford the $1073/mo., got the kids on Medicaid, and I have Medicare. I was rejected for Medicaid except if I pay $10,500 out of pocket first over 6 months. It looks like I'm going to have to buy supplemental insurance or go without treatment. I'm tempted to go without treatment, but then I'll definitely lose my appeal against my disability insurer, because I'm required to comply with any treatment plan.

The police just called while I was out trying to set up a time to escort stbx here to get some of his stuff. I forgot he had a hearing date today on the charges against dd. Thank goodness I was out. No way is he stepping foot in this house unless I'm surrounded by family and friends, police escort or no. And forget about it if he tries to come when the kids are here. I should probably file a motion to modify the order letting him get his stuff, but it's just to much energy to deal with right now.

DS got invited to a birthday party for someone in his class! He's so excited, and I'm so happy for him.

DD is learning how to drive, and is doing an awesome job! It'll be so great to have one other person who can run and do errands (meaning, I'll never have to run out for a gallon of milk again! )

The mother of dd's friend offered to let her stay at her house next year in case I get booted out of town (i.e., imminent foreclosure). Granted, dd is very well liked, and has had several offers, but this mom (whom I've never met) told dd to talk to me about setting up a meeting with the school adjustment counselor, which says to me that she has some grasp of the responsibility that she's undertaking and isn't just making a spur-of-the-moment decision that she'll come to regret quickly.

My aunt's friend who has a catering business stopped by with two big trays of ziti and meatballs for no apparent reason but the goodness of his heart! I barely know him.
Sorry to hear about your therapy appointments I am glad to hear that someone is offering to let your DD live with them. It does sound like this person is taking it very seriously

Quote:
Dh just got back from the post office today Jaime, and I got the blanket you made for my babe as well! Its gorgeous! Ivy (my sensory child) took it and started smelling it and saying "Ooooohhh" You don't know how much it means to me to have something not only handmade.. but made JUST for my baby. My grandmother died before any of my children were born, and she was the only knitter in the family.

So thank you so much!!

I am glad you like the blanket The yellowish yarn is really super soft and cuddly

The shelter you were at sounds terrible The only time you have to sign out at mine is if you actually plan to go somewhere for an hour or so. That way if something should happen like we had a house fire *God forbid* or another emergency I would be able to check the list to see exactly who isn't in the house. Also my clients have to ring a buzzer to get in, but since it is a domestic violence sheter it is not safe for my clients if just anyone can open the door. So that is a have to issue more than anything. But geez, you had to walk that far to eat??? We have two kitchens at our shelter Two fridges for the clients to use. Plus three deep freezes and a hugemongous pantry in the back filled with anything you could ever hope to want to cook We do have chores, but just your basic stuff that you would do at your own house. I split them evenly, like someone does dishes, someone else vaccuums, someone else does the mopping, etc. We are a pretty family style shelter. Like, I am the manager and part of my job is to have dinners family style with the clients. The kids love that. For some reason if I am unable to eat with them, like if I am on a crisis call helping someone, and I miss dinner, it can just be chaos in there with the kids poking at each other, etc. But when Miss Jaime eats with them, they are just the most perfect little angels ever It is so funny how that works out Group living is really hard for people. And also because techincally I live there part of the week too, it is more easy going. I mean, if you need something in the middle of the night, you are going to see me without makeup and in my pajamas We don't have a yard to play in though We are owned by the church next door and there is no yard, but we can use their school's playground after school hours. We are in the process of applying for a new shelter building which would have a yard and be in a MUCH safer neighborhood. Here's hoping we get there!! We do have a toy room upstairs, toys everywhere downstairs and Disneyland is on the third floor I call it that because it looks like a toy store exploded up there and the kids can only go up there certain times a day because the therapist's office is up there, so when I get that key out the kids are just bouncing off the walls ready to go to "Disneyland"

All in all, I am very proud of my shelter and how we operate And if you're sick, wow, I would never make someone do hard chores if they were ill I would also encourage someone that sick to go to the hospital, heck, I have driven clients to the hospital on my own time just to help them out

Sorry I rambled. Again. As usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_kristina View Post
Wow a lots gone on in a few days. I've been reading, but by the time I caught up on the thread had no time to post! Things have been crazy here with the holidays and everyone has been sick although thankfully no puking. Just cough and feeling like crap. The little guy has been taking 3 hour naps daily and sleeping in late. However dd's last day off school is today and she has been getting up between 5-6am! Even during school she doesn't need to be up until 7 She gave up naps at 2 though and doesn't seem to need much sleep. I had a 25 week checkup today. My bp is causing problems still although it's not as high as it's been. We had a talk about possibly needing meds to control it which I hate the thought of, but a stroke isn't a good option either It's really depressing to be showing this many signs of pre-e already. That's also part of the reason I haven't been online or posting as much. I'm spending part of each day laying down on my side. I'm also dealing with swelling that makes typing and sewing difficult. Since most of dd's requests for her bday next week require sewing being able to use my hands is very needed.

Some thankfuls to add to a bit of a whiny post.

I got some material for 2 shirts at a huge sale at Hancocks. They are having more sales this weekend so I'll be seeing how much money we have after bills and hopefully picking up stuff for dd's birthday.

Previously mentioned dd will be in school on Monday! I know there are lots of hsers here, but we both need her in school. She was almost in tears a couple times this past week wanting to be at school.

It's warmer today then the past couple days. I know our temps are nothing compared to many of your's so I feel I shouldn't complain too much. The big problem is this place keeps nice and cool in the summer which is great for FL. It stays dead cold when it's cold outside though. As we only have 2 small heaters that makes things a bit rough. Poor dh was working outside and saw sleet yesterday in coastal, central FL!

I just found out about a new carseat that should work perfectly for ds from Graco. Finding the money for it will be interesting, but he will have to have a new seat soon. It's supposed to have slots as high as the Regent in a seat similar in size to dd's turbobooster. Perfect for my huge kids!
I am sorry about the possibilty of pre-e Take care of yourself and that precious baby

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#206 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I have to ask - how do you get DHHS to pay for classes? I'm curious!
maine has a program called parents as scholars ()....they pick up everything but tuition. even eyeglasses.....which I need a new pair ...for reading (transitions) I'm OLD

Quote:

wonderful! I am so happy! He must be so excited

mamas.....I am so worried about justmama i mean, i'm sure she and the baby are okay....I just want to know they are

i've got about half my list done.....and the dogs have been to the park

and i made it for lunch before my sugar hit way too low status...another

have i said today how much i love this place? Poverty Utopia!

i feel like, with all of you here, I CAN do this.....finish school, even though I am so fricken poor going through it.

off to finish my list

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#207 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediesmom View Post

mamas.....I am so worried about justmama i mean, i'm sure she and the baby are okay....I just want to know they are

I am worried about her too

#208 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 06:06 PM

you could also put some plain oatmeal into a knee hi hose and hang it around the tub faucet so that when the water is turned on it goes thru the oatmeal.Or you can pay big bucks for colloidal oat treatments which are the same thing.
#209 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 06:17 PM

sorry the brand name of this is Aveeno.
#210 of 689 Old 01-04-2008, 07:35 PM

I just wanted to check in... I am really overwhelmed right now, what with trying to move and trying to figure out where money for bills is coming from. Daymon hasn't been working barely at all (like 8 hours this week) and we are so short on money. Like, we have half of what we need to cover the bills that are due in the next 2 weeks. I am hoping they get a bunch of work for next week or that he can find some odd jobs to do next week because we need something. I am trying to find another kid to watch once we move... or someone else to do book keeping for or something. I just have to pray that it will all work out... I can't wait for my W-2s to get here so I can file my taxes, I should get like 1000 back which will be something at least.

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page