February Low Income Mama Support Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 254 Old 02-08-2008, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflower_3 View Post
Okay, now for my rant. My MIL came over again today to help because we are all sick, which is really nice to have available but sometimes is just really really really really too much. Today she stopped by the dollar store to buy me Lysol, because you know my house is obviously disgusting so thats why we are all sick, and picked up valentines for the kids to give at school. So I appreciate the idea, its just that we usually make our own, and I at least would have let the kids pick. Anyhow, she proceeds to sit down right this minute and do DS's "with" him. He wants to write the names and pick which one to give each classmate. He gets to do one, then she says "let me write that name better, here let me write your name better" at which point DS gives up and just lets her totally take over. The thing is DS has some SN stuff that we are trying to figure out and fine motor is a lot harder than it should be for him and he know this, so its difficult to get him to write and he needs a lot of encouragement. (I was so excited that he wanted to do it himself.) MIL shooting his attempts down like she needed to do it better was NOT HELPFUL. I wish I weren't so mean, but..stupid people need to have more internal dialoge.
It's things like this that remind me not having relatives around can be a good thing. My dd has some fine motor issues and writing anything is difficult for her. The letters come out huge, often written oddly and it's just a struggle. I'm planning at least an hour to address and sign 17 cards for her classmates and teacher. My patience level isn't so good with making cards so we will probably spend a good half hour in the cards aisle at Target or Big Lots picking out cards this weekend as dd never makes up her mind on anything quickly.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#62 of 254 Old 02-09-2008, 03:20 AM

We're having a hell of a week. First, we got 22 inches of snow and the snow plowing for the city just completely failed... and of course, the same day the roads became completely impassible big DS got so, so terribly sick. DH risked his life to try to get him to the doctor, and finally had to turn back because the roads were just that bad.

Now we're still mostly stuck in the house, DS still feels icky but decided to share his microbial gift with me. It's a lung thing and I have weak lungs to start with and can't take cough syrup because I'm horrifically allergic so I have several days of hacking to look forward to, followed by months of keeping an inhaler close at hand until my lungs recover. Seriously, can I trade this body for a working model?

On the other hand, I got my bonus check from work today! Okay, so it's going to food and paying off DH's ticket for driving without a license, but there's a little money for me to spend and a bit more for possibly starting a new side business doing as-natural-as-it-gets hair and body care stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflower_3 View Post
And on that note, Belleweather, my DH has been obsessed w/ moving to Oregon or somewhere out west lately, and he has ADHD to. And did you notice my location? Hmmmmm....
I can't see your location, so you should tell me. Are we twins? I'd love someone else to obsess about moving with.
#63 of 254 Old 02-09-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by female18- View Post
I have yet to read through all the posts in this thread, but I just wanted to vent first. I feel really stressed lately because my ds's birthday is coming up soon, and since spending most of my money over christmas, I havent got much for his birthday. Then at the end of december a bill came for $265 for something, and now its february and I STILL HAVENT PAYED IT !! They sent me a warning notice saying I must pay it right away...which was last month but I still havent.

Problem is I need to buy ds's birthday gifts, and if I pay that bill tomorrow, and use my last $20 on groceries, then I wont have ANY left at all to buy his gifts It might be okay since I should get another welfare check just before his actual birthday, so hopefully I can get his gifts and birthday party decorations AND party food...with that. But its going to be hard....im just feeling so stressed about it all!
You should check on freecycle to see if there is anything you can get off there for a gift for your son. People may have unopened presents from Christmas they can't return (I know I have a few).

Have you tried talking to the people you owe the bill to to see if you can make some kind of arrangements?

(((hugs))) I know how stressful it can all be
#64 of 254 Old 02-09-2008, 12:45 PM

Thanks for your support. I managed to pay the huge bill, then the next day my darn phone bill arrived which to most people wouldnt seem like a lot of money but to me it was! It was just under half the huge bill, I arranged for a relative to pay that for me, and I would pay some back to her each week, but I could tell she wasnt happy about it...so reluctantly I took the full amount out my bank account and payed the bill myself.

Today I bought ds his main birthday gift, its a brand new remote control car that was originally $117, said on the box sale price of $58, then today it was reduced further, to $39 ! So I bought it! There were only a few left in the store, and It looks like a good one and its a well known good brand that made it. So I just need to get ds a couple smaller gifts to go with his main big gift now....I feel relieved.

I had more money in my account, but I had saved it in there so I could pay for something I had ordered last month....turns out the company didnt have the item in stock, so I cancelled my order. (phoned them)
#65 of 254 Old 02-09-2008, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

hi mamas!

nothing to really share i guess...just popping in.

cwat...good news on the van

cornflower.....can you do a do over? poor little is she always so pushy?

well, back to homework

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#66 of 254 Old 02-10-2008, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all. I'm new to this tribe. I recently got out of the Air Force and the transition has been rough. DF and I work together and our hours have been cut recently, not to mention we've both been sick. If not for the tax return, we wouldn't have been able to pay rent next month. I'm looking for another job, but I haven't heard anything yet. I'm trying to find something that will work around my school schedule until I switch to night classes at the end of next month.

If XH would just pay the stupid child support, everything would be so much easier - it would cover half of our rent! It takes THREE MONTHS for the order to even be put in the system, then they have to take it out of his pay and process it and blah blah blah. It'll be three months on the 13th, so hopefully the money will arrive soon.

I did manage to get my renter's insurance for the rest of the year paid off with the tax return and we now have three months' rent in savings. DF wants to use half of what's left to elope, but I can't help but feel guilty at spending $1000 to get married and have a weekend together when we can have a quicky ceremony for $225, including a video. I found a dress I love for $125, but I'm probably just going to scrounge the after-prom sale racks for a white dress. I did that for my first wedding and paid $25 for the dress.

I applied for WIC and Medicaid for DS, but I haven't heard back yet. I don't know if I'd qualify for welfare or food stamps and I don't even know how to apply. I'm trying to cut down on our expenses, but rent is SO expensive and it seems like food costs more every time we go to the store.

I am SO tired of being poor. I've been poor as long as I can remember and the few years I made a comfortable living in the Air Force spoiled me. I got used to the security of a guaranteed job, free health care, and a free house.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#67 of 254 Old 02-10-2008, 11:07 AM

Well, that's what I get for celebrating! I just got a call from the mechanic this morning (who knew they worked on Sunday) Anyway turns out he DIDN'T fix my van, and now he's not even sure if he CAN fix it! His exact words were:"It doesn't look good." Terrific!
So I may have to turn around and find another car that's big enough for 5 people (and 1 booster seat) that isn't going to cost too much money. THAT should be easy!:

mama to dd1 17yo, ds1 16yo, ds2 13 yo, and dd2 6yo
#68 of 254 Old 02-10-2008, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
Hi all. I'm new to this tribe. I recently got out of the Air Force and the transition has been rough. DF and I work together and our hours have been cut recently, not to mention we've both been sick. If not for the tax return, we wouldn't have been able to pay rent next month. I'm looking for another job, but I haven't heard anything yet. I'm trying to find something that will work around my school schedule until I switch to night classes at the end of next month.

If XH would just pay the stupid child support, everything would be so much easier - it would cover half of our rent! It takes THREE MONTHS for the order to even be put in the system, then they have to take it out of his pay and process it and blah blah blah. It'll be three months on the 13th, so hopefully the money will arrive soon.

I did manage to get my renter's insurance for the rest of the year paid off with the tax return and we now have three months' rent in savings. DF wants to use half of what's left to elope, but I can't help but feel guilty at spending $1000 to get married and have a weekend together when we can have a quicky ceremony for $225, including a video. I found a dress I love for $125, but I'm probably just going to scrounge the after-prom sale racks for a white dress. I did that for my first wedding and paid $25 for the dress.

I applied for WIC and Medicaid for DS, but I haven't heard back yet. I don't know if I'd qualify for welfare or food stamps and I don't even know how to apply. I'm trying to cut down on our expenses, but rent is SO expensive and it seems like food costs more every time we go to the store.

I am SO tired of being poor. I've been poor as long as I can remember and the few years I made a comfortable living in the Air Force spoiled me. I got used to the security of a guaranteed job, free health care, and a free house.
couldn't read and not respond. My ex is former AD AF and is now ANG. We've been out for 18months now and it's STILL hard. I miss taps at night and reveille in the morning and I even miss the a-10's screaming down the flightline at 2am. I miss having healthcare that I didn't have to worry about even if it took 5 weeks to get an appt to see a gyn. I even miss him working an exercise and NEVER being home except to complain and whine for an hour before going to sleep and starting all over again. It's no fun adjusting to a compeltely different life. I have to say that the thing I miss the absolute most is the comraderie in our unit and the sense of family in my ex's shop. I miss our shop Thanksgiving celebrations or going over to watch one of the wives' kids while she takes a shower and enjoys some quiet time while my ex mows her lawn. You don't find that sense of family and duty here in civilian life and it's truly sad.
I'm wishing you easy adjustment vibes. I knwo that my ex still questions his decision to get out and I miss that lifestyle incredibly. ANG can't hold a candle to AD.

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#69 of 254 Old 02-10-2008, 12:55 PM

Sounds like everyone is having a rough week. Big for everyone having issues. Wanna start some gratefuls to make us feel better????

I'll go first:

-for my ex coming over early this morning to hang with the kids and give me some shower and MDC time.

-for selling some knit stuff on diaperswappers for extra money

-for chocolate! i had a milky way last night that was heavenly

-coffee! i couldn't live without it!

-internet connection. i'm connecting with ladies who are like-minded AND poor like me and simultaneously apartment searching!

-and healthy kids. gracie is up to 7lbs even now at 5 weeks and doing well. sara has been dry since yesterday in her dora panties and is loving using the potty(hey Randee, bet you didn't think that would happen ey?) and mady doesn't have the chronic gi upset she had last year in school. TRULY thankful for the healthy kiddos!

#70 of 254 Old 02-10-2008, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post

welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwat View Post
Well, that's what I get for celebrating! I just got a call from the mechanic this morning (who knew they worked on Sunday) Anyway turns out he DIDN'T fix my van, and now he's not even sure if he CAN fix it! His exact words were:"It doesn't look good." Terrific!
So I may have to turn around and find another car that's big enough for 5 people (and 1 booster seat) that isn't going to cost too much money. THAT should be easy!:
i'm so sorry....maybe the mechanic hadn't had his coffee yet this morning hope it works out, mama.

and justmama.....did you doubt my 'dry toddler vibes' i sent? i didn't

off to caucus today. hopefully the candidate who will do something to help the lower and lowest classes will get the nomination i figure with half a break poverty as it stands can (and will) become a thing of the past. a hand up, not a hand out. Solidarity not Charity! (soapbox disassembled for now)

i'll be thinking of all the mamas here when i stand up to be counted.

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#71 of 254 Old 02-10-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediesmom View Post
and justmama.....did you doubt my 'dry toddler vibes' i sent? i didn't
I doubted HER! You know how back and forth she's been and with the constant snacking she's drinking a TON more so with all that water I doubted she'd be dry long. I think she enjoys laying down with Grace to be changed. But hey, all day yesterday and all day today so far is pretty stinkin' good. Having one in diapers is enough, especially with the amt of diapers she goes through!!!!! Throws a monkey wrench into my line-drying schedule since she goes through them so fast. I've actually used my dryer on diapers at least twice this week. *gasp*

#72 of 254 Old 02-10-2008, 08:55 PM

Thankfuls ~
* That my mom came down to help immediately when I called her...
* organic pop tarts on food stamps
* Hip Mama
* my bf
* Vicoprofen ~~ see why, below.....

My Update ~

So, Thursday I went in for that nerve test that I had been waiting over a year for today... and while I was expecting the electric shocks applied to my nerve endings along my leg and foot, I had no idea there would also be a part of the exam wherein the neurologist happily shoved 4" long needles into my nerves, wiggled them, and tested the current through those as well.

This also means that I have the dubious honor of being able to boast that I in fact have had a 4" long needle shoved into the bottom of my foot, which by the way also ended up going directly into a nerve ending. And it wasn't an accident, it was the point of the test.

The exam hurt like a son of a b!tch (because pushing electric current through your nerves doesn't feel too great ~ and I cannot find adequate words to describe how it feels to have someone probing your nerve endings with a sharp object, but "good" wouldn't be at the top of the list), but afterward, for about ten minutes, I was flying ~ I felt totally high. Endorphin rush times like a million. My endo pain? Gone.

And then... every nerve, and every section of muscle tissue surrounding them, that had been ~ er, shall we say stimulated ~ went haywire. Pain, plus muscle spasms, plus more pain.

Oh
my
*~*%&!!!
gawd.

Then Friday I came down with the stomach bug that's being passed around... I got so sick, feverish + dehydrated, I couldn't stay conscious.... and Saturday my son got it...

Thank God for family. There is no way I could have taken care of my kids both while I was sick too.

Now I'm going to go hide under a rock sipping gingerale, my first two exams of the semester are this coming week.... that is, tomorrow... and I'm totally unprepared. ...
#73 of 254 Old 02-10-2008, 09:03 PM

also ~ everyone

justmama on the dry toddler!

cwat ~ This is very similar to why I no longer have a vehicle... it seemed to run great for all of a week then fell apart... yeah an affordable good car / van for a family is a pain in the arse to procure. I'm so so sorry you're going through that.

female and minkajane ~ and welcome to the club.
On being poor for ages ~ yes I've been poor all of my adult life, and it sucks.

Belleweather, congrats on the check

if I missed anyone sorry I'm kind of scattered

#74 of 254 Old 02-11-2008, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

good morning mamas!

the causus here yesterday was out of control.....there was well over double the turnout....so they were unprepared and things were a bit clogged up. i stood in line on the sidewalk with a couple thousand other people for over two hours, then in line inside for a few hours before we even got to our rooms!

i think i made the right choice in candidates. i feel good about it.

i am having a hard time justifying spending money to get one of my dogs groomed she is absolutely filthy though and its been horrible. it sounds whiney, but the dog is gross. and its so cold hre i don't want to just give her a bath with all that fur....she'd never freakin dry. anyway....money for the dog haircut:

well, gonna run and wake the girl up for school.

have a good day, mamas

#75 of 254 Old 02-12-2008, 01:59 AM

Hi mamas! I'm sure some of you remember me. I feel like a jerk for my long absence from MDC, but life has been pretty crazy. It's so nice to recognize many of you and I read through this month's thread to catch up a bit. Is it my imagination or are a lot of people who used to post here missing?

Quick intro./update/reminder:
I am a single mom to a two-year-old girl. I am a full-time student with about one year left to my BA (yes!) and right now I am living with my father (again). It is not the most pleasant living situation, but lately it's been working out well. I have been really working on forming a co-parenting relationship with dd's father and his family and have started seeing someone (romantically) which is lovely and interesting. I'm so grateful lately, recieving regular, though minimal, child support, spending my, also minimal, free time with an amazing, super intelligent man, and watching dd grow up. She has been going through so many changes lately, just started saying "thank you" and "I love you". It's a joy, mostly. I mean, yeah, there are tantrums, but we won't think about that now, as she sleep peacefully next to me.

I hope you mamas will let me come back. You were all so amazing and generous and such a help to me for the last few months of 2007. I think of that almost daily.

"If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
#76 of 254 Old 02-12-2008, 04:18 AM

LANKY!!! It's good to see you back!! I've been wondering where you took off to.

Sorry to hear you're living with your father again but hopefully soon you'll have your degree and move on.

Welcome back to the thread!!

*~*

PSA: dehydration is NOT easy to spot if it comes on gradually over the course of, say, a week... my dd was SEVERELY DEHYDRATED ... I took her into prompt care this afternoon because she had another round of diarrhea at her daycare (I'm going to ignore the 2 exams I missed and can't make up because of this...) and while I was trying to get ahold of a dr or advice nurse on the phone she had like four more huge bursts of it ~~~ when we got to the dr we found out that since last wednesday she had lost SEVEN POUNDS... they started an IV drip immediately and gave her 2 litres of fluid and, now that she's NOT dehydrated I can see the difference but before, I just couldn't... and I feel like a horrible mother. But I'm so so glad I took her in instead of just taking her home, I hate to think of what could have happened. They diagnosed her with gastrointeritis / norovirus and drew a ton of blood and said if her diarrhea starts again don't wait at all, just take her into the ER immediately. As soon as we got home she drank FOUR CUPS of electrolyte herbal drink...!! And before that she had just been sipping at water, gatorade ~ another reason I didn't think she was dehydrated, I figured she'd drink a lot if she was... and she wasn't.

My ds is feeling better but I'm afraid to take him back to school now, since I found out, norovirus is still contagious "at least" three days after recovery ~ !!

Anyhow that's them... me, I'm struggling with endo pain worse than ever, it's driving me crazy and I'm about to say f!ck it (really this time) to my classes so I can go have the surgery and do the treatment I need. But I hate even considering this, I've worked so hard to be where I am and I feel like I'm letting everyone down.

*~*

Everyone else ~ come back and let's get some action in this thread.
#77 of 254 Old 02-12-2008, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

YAY!!!! Lanky is here.........so good to see you!

good morning mamas!

i got my pooch a haircut yesterday...let me say that i do all the haircutting in the family, and spending 44bucks to get the dog a haircut killed me. but i need to justify it by thinking of how gross she was. the hair didn't bother me, but she was a carrier of all things disgusting and filthy and that was really ruining our relationship.

aura....i'm so glad that your dd is on the upswing.

busybusy day at school...i'll say hello again later

#78 of 254 Old 02-12-2008, 02:14 PM

still no update on my insurance........ getting really annoyed. plus im like 13 weeks and dont feel preggo at all.
hopefully the 15th comes soon so we get our fed income tax return.
#79 of 254 Old 02-12-2008, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

grrr....

bad day for this mama...no explaination....just crap day

a big test tonight and my head isn't working well

aura....it works....its just you

#80 of 254 Old 02-12-2008, 06:52 PM

Ahh NOW it works. I think one of the sidebar ads may have been crashing it because it was the same ad earlier ... and now it's different and it's working. ...

ediesmom sorry you're having a bad day. Congrats on the puppy haircut.

I'm worn out still but the weather is beautiful... it's hard to stay depressed with so much sunshine.
#81 of 254 Old 02-13-2008, 02:20 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome back, mamas!

This thread has really slowed down a lot, huh?

I just wanted to pop in here before going to bed. I am absolutely obsessed with the election. I really hope someone has the best interests of us low-income mamas at heart. It's hard to tell if they really care...I am getting optimistic, though.

How did the test go, ediesmom?

"If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
#82 of 254 Old 02-13-2008, 02:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We found someone to watch DS this weekend! At my house, too, and it's someone DS knows and loves. So I don't have to quit my job!!! Yay!!!

Plus, I got my first child support check. It's a LOT less than I'm due, but it's something.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#83 of 254 Old 02-13-2008, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

good morning mamas!

well, i never have to take that test again i choked a bit, i think, but did okay. i'll say B. there was an essay and i was so distracted. when i get stressed my blood sugar explodes and when i went to cover it realized i had brought the wrong insulin. my thought process gets fuzzy when my sugar is high. (type 1 diabetic)

its so stromy here today. i NEED to make it to the grocery so i hope it slows down at some point before i get too hungry. i do have pancakes........

Lanky- I, too, am absolutely obsessed with the election. i think if we get someone in there that CAN hear us, then we can make our voices heard. thats the trick, though. its viewed as pretty liberal to care about poverty issues. squeaky wheel, mama

snow day.....

#84 of 254 Old 02-13-2008, 03:32 PM

Edie'smom, I am glad you got through the test! I hope today is better for you.

Welcome back LL!!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#85 of 254 Old 02-13-2008, 05:05 PM

mamamoo!

I'm really exhausted. I had a lot of trouble getting out of bed this morning... and I haven't moved far ~~ made the phone calls I needed to make and that's it.

My ds is supposed to bring valentines for his entire class (~30 kids) tommorrow... and I have no way to get to the store to get supplies and things. He could probably make up some crafty stuff, but 30 valentines is a lot of crafting to do in one afternoon (I only got the letter notifying us of this yesterday; they sent it last week and he never gave it to me). Wish us luck.
#86 of 254 Old 02-13-2008, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura_Kitten View Post
mamamoo!

I'm really exhausted. I had a lot of trouble getting out of bed this morning... and I haven't moved far ~~ made the phone calls I needed to make and that's it.

My ds is supposed to bring valentines for his entire class (~30 kids) tommorrow... and I have no way to get to the store to get supplies and things. He could probably make up some crafty stuff, but 30 valentines is a lot of crafting to do in one afternoon (I only got the letter notifying us of this yesterday; they sent it last week and he never gave it to me). Wish us luck.
i had bought some little things of play=do really cheap....edie will be giving those as valentines

she has some leftovers from last year..bratz ones. hopefully there are enough

hope you get some ooph soon, aura. i'm running low, as well.

#87 of 254 Old 02-13-2008, 06:17 PM

Hi, mamamoo!

Good luck Aura Kitten! I'm really glad that dd doesn't have to bring any valentines this year. Last year she was going to a day care center that required them and I had to scrape together money to buy them and then assemble (!) them because I accidentally got bobble-head ones. What a pain.

#88 of 254 Old 02-13-2008, 09:37 PM

update- hubby got a second job-- its oncall position 12 hours shifts. so far he is booked for two out of three days he is not working for his VERY full time job next week.. (he just had an interview yesterday at coffee shop where the guy handed him an application to fill out) hubby is so backwards when it comes to jobs/hiring process. lol oh well that should help out financially except we have to fork over 75 dollars on a new duty holster. and that means less time with the kids and him but oh well we all got to sacrifice some stuff dont we?!
#89 of 254 Old 02-14-2008, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

good morning, mamas!

gonna be quick.....

asianyoushi.....glad foryou! extra work for hubbys is good

i have a paper due this afternoon..............its not done i'm stressed!

and a post op drs apt. this morning (i missed the first two, so i should go) they are pissed that i let my 11 year old remove my stitches. i don't want to go.

alright, gotta make edie's lunch.......

#90 of 254 Old 02-14-2008, 11:00 AM

GAH! What a bad few days. Randee, I almost called you to calm me down last night but I locked myself in the bathroom for 5 minutes instead. Oh it was so awful. Mady and Sara were fighting like crazy AGAIN. Sara pooped in her panties and peed all over the floor AGAIN. And Grace was hysterically screaming and needed another diaper change. I hadn't had dinner or lunch. I had to go out and take all three to the store to buy valentines for Mady to give to her 26 classmates(that's $3 right there) and pizza strips for half the class(those things are $.99 a PIECE!). I was so frustrated. I paid half the gas bill(it was at $250) in anticipation of my tax refund which fortunately my state return came today. And Dan is calling me every 3 seconds telling me about his brand new laptop. I'm just so frustrated with having NO money and all the stresses that that brings. I stressed over finding $16 to buy valentines and pizza strips for Mady. And then she told me it was her friend's birthday and she wanted to get her a present and I had to explain AGAIN that I had no money left but that she could make a card for her friend. It just feels so bad. I know the kids fight in relation to my stress and Sara isn't potty learning well due to my stress and her new baby sister. Everytime I'm not paying attention she poops in her panties or pees in them. Training pants might as well be diapers to her so those are out. But it's just that I can't constantly be ON her. I do have to make dinner or wash dishes and I deserve mommy time alone on the computer once in a while. Gosh darn it! And being single on valentines day doesn't help, especially since the day after I am headed to court with dan to set child support. And gosh golly I get to drive up there with him because he doesn't drive in the city.: Anyone wanna be my valentine??????

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page