February Low Income Mama Support Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 254 Old 02-23-2008, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oops......

shelby and i have decided to make mama cloth, breast pads, inserts, and nursing cloths (maybe more) and start a little local wahm business.

there is a HUGE buy local campaign here and i thhink we can do really well.....since no one else is doing it close.

and i was just freecycled a couple oftrash bags full of (large) fleece scraps

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#182 of 254 Old 02-23-2008, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Oooooh what an awesome idea! You guys are gonna make a killing! I'll send you some flannel and fleece scraps I have because I'll NEVER use it all. Plus I still have some organic velour scraps that are DEFINTELY big enough for nursing pads, maybe for mama cloth and some doublers or inserts for diapers if you want to go that route.
So the haircut is AWESOME but I'm not hottmama just yet. Problem is, I look like a poodle that someone brushed out. That froofy frizzed out look. She didn't listen when I told her it was a bad idea to brush out AND blow dry my hair. So in another day or two once my hair pieces out again and dreds up a little I should be good. Let's just say that to manage the sexy tousled spiraly wavy look I need to NEVER brush my hair and just wash and scrunch with gel. And she ruined about 6 months of that. But it had to be done and it will only take probably 2 days for the curls to "piece out." I'll take pics when it does that again because right now we are rocking the ponytail!

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#183 of 254 Old 02-23-2008, 07:30 PM

Hey everyone
I'm new here but loving this community.
We're a pretty poor family but we make it okay every month, due to prayers mostly.
We're desperately searching for a place in the country or woods or somewhere not too far from Dh's skateboard shop but still far enough to have a couple of acres and get to growing our garden!!
We live in a small town right now and own our small home...we just can't find anything that isn't a fixer in our price range and Dh isn't handy and doesn't have the time between his business and our family to "fix" a house.
So, that's a big burden lately...
We've been blessed with my generous mama who just paid off our credit cards so now we are feeling a bit lighter.
I'm just trying to live more simply, feed our family more healthily and just enjoy this beautiful family we have.
#184 of 254 Old 02-23-2008, 08:55 PM

Welcome Cookie! Glad to have you. This is a great thread and a great group of mamas, I'm sure you will feel just as "at home" as we do here.

#185 of 254 Old 02-23-2008, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

welcome cookie!

maybe you all can find a place that is structurally sound....just cosmetically funky.......then the whole family can (slowly) learn together! beauty is in the eye..........

justmama......yay for the do. quiet where you are? or are you missing the girls like crazy?

the bean supper was soooooooo good. i'll be baking some VERY soon.

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#186 of 254 Old 02-23-2008, 10:35 PM

Welcome Cookie! I share your desire to get gardening...we live in a townhouse in the city with a tiny yard, and it seems so wasteful to me to not be able to grow our own food, to have to buy it full price from the grocery store. We too want to move to the country or woods, but as we are literally broke right now I don't think it will happen for quite some time...it's nice to dream though.

Bookworm mom to three wonderful children. homeschool.gif
#187 of 254 Old 02-23-2008, 11:08 PM

Cookie

ediesmom that is a FABULOUS idea!! I love mama cloth... I'm as much of a junkie for mama cloth as some mamas here are for cloth diapering...

completely off topic but, Dill your username ALWAYS, always, without fail, makes me crave pickles... I bought an entire giant jar of dill pickles because of you. And have been eating them religiously every time your name pops up. Think about the effects you're having on the world's population, wouldja!?

I'm cooking up a spicy halibut stew for dinner tonight..... I'm scared I had no recipe, but a handful of cravings ~ salsa, pintos, and fish ~ so I threw a bunch together, tossed in some capers and have had it simmering for awhile. I'll let you know how it comes out.... :

And... canned sweet potatoes with extra sugar and an embarrassingly huge amount of marshmallow fluff still counts as "vegetables" right?? :

My gratefuls:
~ an extra supply of canned organic beans (they were $1 a can, way cheaper than the non-organic ones, how could I pass that up?? )
~ DeviantArt: because pretty things make me happy
http://www.deviantart.com/print/497241/
http://www.deviantart.com/print/278804/
http://www.deviantart.com/print/260026/
~ iTunes rentals....
~ you all
#188 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 01:40 AM

ediesmom - PM me with prices, if you want. I'll be needing some cloth breast pads before this new little one arrives - but I've got awhile to plan

Sandi - Work at home writer mama to Zoe the monkey girl 9/06 and Luna the zen baby 8/08
#189 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 02:23 AM

Can I whine a bit? We're desperate in the housing situation and while DH's health has improved slightly, he's still at risk of a life threatening surgery in the near future. Add the flu (REAL flu) into this mix and we've had a rougher than "normal" few weeks.

Well, our housing deadline is 3/1 and we went to look at a house yesterday. The guy took our "deposit" on the house and we were meeting today to discuss the details. Ok, it's reasonable in our area to ask for a deposit before signing anything and this was land contract with a refundable deposit. During our meeting there was NO WORD at all about anything pending on this house but us. We left the meeting with the impression that should we choose to go forward with the deal, the house was ours. I discussed the details with my stepmom, dad and aunt b/c my dad used to flip houses for a living and my aunt is a CPA and everyone agreed that it seemed legit and we could go ahead and offer. We wanted to do a second walk through of the property before closing so my dad (contractor) and I could get a feel for the necessary repairs. Well, DH called the guy back less than 2 hours later and left the message that we were working out the numbers and could we do another walk through. Generally this is NOT a big deal. Well, 30 minutes after DH calls back the guy calls and suddenly the property we looked at and PAID A DEPOSIT ON is no longer available. He had other deposits on the same property and one of them "magically" called with an offer. (Uh...yeah right) So he offers to lower the payments on any of his other 2 "better" properties. So we drive by the properties, they look ok from the outside and what we can see in the windows looks better than the original house. We call and say ok, we may be willing to work with these but first we need to know the bottom line price Well one is TWICE what the original property was (which was on the high range of affordable for us anyway) and the other was 30k more than the original property. Both are way out of our range and with the "program" he was spinning I knew there was no way we'd get a mortgage for those amounts in the timeframe he was talking. (We will be in a position to probably purchase conventionally in a year but could buy on LC now with a willing buyer and a reasonable purchase price, we've already talked to several mortgage brokers) So we tell him to refund our deposit. I let him know that since the deposit was being mailed back if it was not in my hands by Wed he would be hearing from my immediately.

It gets better.....I met my friend for coffee. DH was just devistated, this property while it needed a TON of work, was on a full acre in a good area and had enough space for us. Well, my friend asks for the name of the guy and lo and behold her parents were "working" with this same guy last year and the house they were buying failed inspection (gotten at the time of application for the regular mortgage, not before closing on the LC) due to mold issues and insufficient plumbing. When they walked away (as we were assured we could do, no penalties) he sued them for property tax costs (it's in the contract that HE pays the property taxes). They filed a complaint with the BBB and to "resolve" it he removed the suit for the taxes. They didn't want to mess with it and walked away. This was last Dec (ish). The house is currently listed as "available" by this guy.

I'm not only filing with the BBB but also contacting the state AG office to see about the legality of accepting multiple "deposits" on the same property. I also have an opportunity coming up to advocate on this practice with state legislatures at a conference next month. Since I have established lines of communication with both my DC and state capitol senators I will be writing them about this issue as well. But I'm absolutely *furious* that we came sooo close to being screwed out of a substantial amount of $$ we don't have.

Sorry for the novel. I don't get around to posting much with everything happening but so many people prey on the poor b/c they assume that we are too stupid and desperate to think things through. He really BELIEVED that he could sucker me into a payment I couldn't handle by pulling the original property out from beneath me. He was upset that I wanted my deposit back once I heard the prices of the two "better" properties. There are probably so many people who have been screwed by this guy recently. I need to advocate and stop him from preying on the poor and desperate.

Anyway, we have another thing in the works. It's not nearly as nice as a house, and it's not a certain thing. We have to see if we are accepted by the park, we'll know Wed. It'll be a roof over our heads and I think we are allowed to have a pet (my dad is holding a puppy for us, they will get the initial vet stuff done for my birthday it's a grandbaby of my childhood dog.) so we'll have a pet AND space for a small garden. So send "get the trailer" vibes our way if you please b/c otherwise we'll be living in my van which would really just suck.
#190 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 03:27 AM

Oh man, Chel s s s

I'm so sorry you're going through that, but WTG on choosing to be an advocate ~ : good work! and I hope the State nails the guy. That's... beyond despicable.

:: home vibes! ::

#191 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediesmom View Post
oops......

shelby and i have decided to make mama cloth, breast pads, inserts, and nursing cloths (maybe more) and start a little local wahm business.

there is a HUGE buy local campaign here and i thhink we can do really well.....since no one else is doing it close.

We should talk, when dd was first born there actually were a few WAHM's doing this sort of thing but they sold primarily online. Not sure who is still around, but you might want to talk to the owner of Butterfly Baby in town and maybe she can carry your stuff, that is a great shop and I know she carries stuff made by local people. Great selection of cloth dipes as well.

Congrats on the new venture.

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#192 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
welcome cookie!

maybe you all can find a place that is structurally sound....just cosmetically funky.......then the whole family can (slowly) learn together! beauty is in the eye..........

justmama......yay for the do. quiet where you are? or are you missing the girls like crazy?

the bean supper was soooooooo good. i'll be baking some VERY soon.
missing them like crazy of course but GLAD for the time. BUT Dan called this morning and said that Sara woke at 3am projectile vomitting. And he didn't call me. He said she's still gagging this morning(at 7:15am) but no vomitting since 3 so we'll see how that goes. I'm not even sure when he's bringing them home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura_Kitten View Post
Cookie

ediesmom that is a FABULOUS idea!! I love mama cloth... I'm as much of a junkie for mama cloth as some mamas here are for cloth diapering...

completely off topic but, Dill your username ALWAYS, always, without fail, makes me crave pickles... I bought an entire giant jar of dill pickles because of you. And have been eating them religiously every time your name pops up. Think about the effects you're having on the world's population, wouldja!?

I'm cooking up a spicy halibut stew for dinner tonight..... I'm scared I had no recipe, but a handful of cravings ~ salsa, pintos, and fish ~ so I threw a bunch together, tossed in some capers and have had it simmering for awhile. I'll let you know how it comes out.... :

And... canned sweet potatoes with extra sugar and an embarrassingly huge amount of marshmallow fluff still counts as "vegetables" right?? :

My gratefuls:
~ an extra supply of canned organic beans (they were $1 a can, way cheaper than the non-organic ones, how could I pass that up?? )
~ DeviantArt: because pretty things make me happy
http://www.deviantart.com/print/497241/
http://www.deviantart.com/print/278804/
http://www.deviantart.com/print/260026/
~ iTunes rentals....
~ you all
hey aura, nice work in the kitchen! how's dd feeling??? I've been thinking about her lately. I'm a mama cloth wannabe-junkie. I made my own but I recently got a few nice wahm pads for nature for her "welcome odin" package and now that I see what I'm missing, I feel like I need some! I think we all might be ediemom's best customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChel View Post
Can I whine a bit? We're desperate in the housing situation and while DH's health has improved slightly, he's still at risk of a life threatening surgery in the near future. Add the flu (REAL flu) into this mix and we've had a rougher than "normal" few weeks.

Well, our housing deadline is 3/1 and we went to look at a house yesterday. The guy took our "deposit" on the house and we were meeting today to discuss the details. Ok, it's reasonable in our area to ask for a deposit before signing anything and this was land contract with a refundable deposit. During our meeting there was NO WORD at all about anything pending on this house but us. We left the meeting with the impression that should we choose to go forward with the deal, the house was ours. I discussed the details with my stepmom, dad and aunt b/c my dad used to flip houses for a living and my aunt is a CPA and everyone agreed that it seemed legit and we could go ahead and offer. We wanted to do a second walk through of the property before closing so my dad (contractor) and I could get a feel for the necessary repairs. Well, DH called the guy back less than 2 hours later and left the message that we were working out the numbers and could we do another walk through. Generally this is NOT a big deal. Well, 30 minutes after DH calls back the guy calls and suddenly the property we looked at and PAID A DEPOSIT ON is no longer available. He had other deposits on the same property and one of them "magically" called with an offer. (Uh...yeah right) So he offers to lower the payments on any of his other 2 "better" properties. So we drive by the properties, they look ok from the outside and what we can see in the windows looks better than the original house. We call and say ok, we may be willing to work with these but first we need to know the bottom line price Well one is TWICE what the original property was (which was on the high range of affordable for us anyway) and the other was 30k more than the original property. Both are way out of our range and with the "program" he was spinning I knew there was no way we'd get a mortgage for those amounts in the timeframe he was talking. (We will be in a position to probably purchase conventionally in a year but could buy on LC now with a willing buyer and a reasonable purchase price, we've already talked to several mortgage brokers) So we tell him to refund our deposit. I let him know that since the deposit was being mailed back if it was not in my hands by Wed he would be hearing from my immediately.

It gets better.....I met my friend for coffee. DH was just devistated, this property while it needed a TON of work, was on a full acre in a good area and had enough space for us. Well, my friend asks for the name of the guy and lo and behold her parents were "working" with this same guy last year and the house they were buying failed inspection (gotten at the time of application for the regular mortgage, not before closing on the LC) due to mold issues and insufficient plumbing. When they walked away (as we were assured we could do, no penalties) he sued them for property tax costs (it's in the contract that HE pays the property taxes). They filed a complaint with the BBB and to "resolve" it he removed the suit for the taxes. They didn't want to mess with it and walked away. This was last Dec (ish). The house is currently listed as "available" by this guy.

I'm not only filing with the BBB but also contacting the state AG office to see about the legality of accepting multiple "deposits" on the same property. I also have an opportunity coming up to advocate on this practice with state legislatures at a conference next month. Since I have established lines of communication with both my DC and state capitol senators I will be writing them about this issue as well. But I'm absolutely *furious* that we came sooo close to being screwed out of a substantial amount of $$ we don't have.

Sorry for the novel. I don't get around to posting much with everything happening but so many people prey on the poor b/c they assume that we are too stupid and desperate to think things through. He really BELIEVED that he could sucker me into a payment I couldn't handle by pulling the original property out from beneath me. He was upset that I wanted my deposit back once I heard the prices of the two "better" properties. There are probably so many people who have been screwed by this guy recently. I need to advocate and stop him from preying on the poor and desperate.

Anyway, we have another thing in the works. It's not nearly as nice as a house, and it's not a certain thing. We have to see if we are accepted by the park, we'll know Wed. It'll be a roof over our heads and I think we are allowed to have a pet (my dad is holding a puppy for us, they will get the initial vet stuff done for my birthday it's a grandbaby of my childhood dog.) so we'll have a pet AND space for a small garden. So send "get the trailer" vibes our way if you please b/c otherwise we'll be living in my van which would really just suck.

that would totally suck. I really hope you get it. But oh man, reading your post made me so mad. That guy deserves pain! You definitely need to report him and make sure he can't do that to anyone else. I'm sorry you had such problems with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayinme View Post
We should talk, when dd was first born there actually were a few WAHM's doing this sort of thing but they sold primarily online. Not sure who is still around, but you might want to talk to the owner of Butterfly Baby in town and maybe she can carry your stuff, that is a great shop and I know she carries stuff made by local people. Great selection of cloth dipes as well.

Congrats on the new venture.

Shay

hey Shay, nice to see you around. how are things????
And ediesmom, I agree. I'll knit some playfood or little baby gnomes for you to include with your stuff and you can make a killing! I'm so excited for you! Is Shelby doign this to stay home with Naeva?

#193 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

good morning mamas!

large amounts of baked beans makes for an interesting night

but i would do it all over again:

mamachel....what a well....uav. but (me being me) i love your fire! i get the feeling the scam is permanently over for him. my fingers will remain crossed, prayers will be said, and good vibes will be sent that you find a more than suitable place for your family very soon.

yea, shelby and i are pretty excited about the little business. she has a serger, and we both have good machines. and i have some really good connections.

butterfly baby was first on my mind! we can do some online stuff, but i think even places like lots for tots would be a good outlet. and the 'buy local' campaign would be able to hook us up with suitable shop owners.

justmama....hope sara is doing well. might it have been 'daddy food' that got to her? i'll keep my fingers crossed that it was faulty parenting and not the flu.

GRRrrrrrr....last day of vacation i really love doing puttering stuff without interruption. But i can do it....yup, its okay

check in later

#194 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Cookie
Completely off topic but, Dill your username ALWAYS, always, without fail, makes me crave pickles... I bought an entire giant jar of dill pickles because of you. And have been eating them religiously every time your name pops up. Think about the effects you're having on the world's population, wouldja!?

Sorry. :

Bookworm mom to three wonderful children. homeschool.gif
#195 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 11:14 AM

Cookie: Welcome!
Ediesmom: I am now craving backed beans sooo bad. I might just have to cook some for dinner tonight!
Justmama: Hope Sara feels better soon!
Mamachel: What a scam artist! I hope you are able to stop that guy. And I hope he has to reconcile with all the other familes he has screwed with. So not fair.

Things are okay over here except that Daisy is still sick. Still has that horrible croupy cough. I'm not sure at what point to give up on the homeopathics and bring her to the doctor. I don't want it to turn into something more serious, but I'm trying to avoid her having to take meds.
My stepson is here for the weekend. It's his birthday and I managed to pay only 40 cents for his gift! Two Doug easy reader books at yard sales and a brand new trivia game from the free table at the dump. I have to admit these days most of my "shopping" takes place at the dump. I'm still working up the nerve to dumpster dive but it's on my to do list.

treehugger.gif mama to flower.gif and stillheart.gif and baby.gif

femalesling.GIF  bfinfant.gif  familybed1.gif

#196 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 12:29 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm a student social worker and advocacy is one of the reasons I get to go to this particular conference. (and another one in DC, maybe). It may take me awhile, this guys been in business a long time but I know people who know people and don't mind making lots of noise.

On a good note: I am getting over the flu FINALLY. We caught the real flu this year.

And, I managed to score a nomination to ANOTHER honor society this year. That will be 3 for graduation ON TOP of University honors, I'll be wearing a loverly rainbow to walk in.

I can't believe that it's almost graduation. TWO more months!
#197 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:

justmama....hope sara is doing well. might it have been 'daddy food' that got to her? i'll keep my fingers crossed that it was faulty parenting and not the flu.

yeah you know it. burger king. But he said she barfed her peanut butter on whole wheat bread and strawberries from yesterday at lunch with me so you never know. But she held down toast this morning for breakfast and is working on whole wheat pasta with mixed veggies and grapes. Appetite is there, just hoping she doesn't huck it up at naptime.

#198 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I'd also suggest oatmeal and beer, specifically oatmeal stout... also a glass of red wine (NOT all at the same time ) ... I don't know WHY these worked for me but, after eating a bowl of oatmeal, drinking TONS of water, and then sipping beer or wine my milk supply would always peak again.
Oatmeal Stout, huh? DH brews all our beer, and when I mentioned to him that it was supposed to increase supply he joked that he should come up with a lactation beer to go with my lactation cookies. I think I'll suggest the stout and we'll get to doing some research.

Quote:
oops......

Congratulations and best of luck!

Quote:
On a good note: I am getting over the flu FINALLY. We caught the real flu this year.
Yuck! We got the flu this year as well... I've only had it once before in my adult life and had completely forgotten how absolutely miserable it is. It took over a week before I even had the energy to putter around the house, and my son took even longer than that to recover. I think DH is going to enforce flu shots with an iron hand from here on out -- he got his and didn't get sick.
#199 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post
yeah you know it. burger king. But he said she barfed her peanut butter on whole wheat bread and strawberries from yesterday at lunch with me so you never know. But she held down toast this morning for breakfast and is working on whole wheat pasta with mixed veggies and grapes. Appetite is there, just hoping she doesn't huck it up at naptime.
i deal with faulty parenting fallout every other weekend

hope she feels better soon

Quote:
Thanks everyone! I'm a student social worker and advocacy is one of the reasons I get to go to this particular conference. (and another one in DC, maybe). It may take me awhile, this guys been in business a long time but I know people who know people and don't mind making lots of noise.

And, I managed to score a nomination to ANOTHER honor society this year. That will be 3 for graduation ON TOP of University honors, I'll be wearing a loverly rainbow to walk in.

I can't believe that it's almost graduation. TWO more months!
i'm a sw student, too. but not as noteworthy as you big congratulations on the award!

ahhhhh.....i have a young woman vaccuuming my livingroom! i am so happy right now

baking bread, too.

#200 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 09:17 PM

I've never posted on this thread before, just read. My DH makes a pretty decent salery, but mountains of unexpected debt have made things extremely difficult for us. I hate it when just making do with the absolute basics is really tight for us. I've got a question already if no one minds. What happens if you try to pay for something with a credit card, but the purchase would push you over your limit? Would the card be declined? My dh is in Iraq right now and I didn't realize that our heating oil tank was quite so close to empty. We have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow and we're close to payday so I don't have the cash to pay for it with. All I have is a credit card thats close to it's limit. This would push it over by about $240. Thanks so much. It's so nice to have a place to ask questions like this.

:
#201 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 09:37 PM

C.Arden ~ s and Welcome!

It depends on the credit card...

Some cards will just let you go over the limit, and charge over-limit / overdrawn fees..... others will come up as "Denied" or "Authorization Failed," or sometimes "Insufficient Funds" (which to me is the most embarrassing).

If you think you can handle the possible overdraft fees and you absolutely can't wait, I'd say it's worth a shot... but sometimes the consequences aren't worth it. Also be aware that some banks or lenders will cut off your account if you do this too many times, but, sometimes they'll forgive it the first time...

** Full Disclosure: this is coming from a mama who has been well over $100 negative before because I chose a basketful of food rather than go hungry or dumpster-dive food again.... because of situations like this that happened all around the same time last year I had my bank threaten to close my account. It's worth risking if you have no other choices but it might also screw you over... **
#202 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 09:43 PM

Usually the cc company will okay the charge, depending on how much over limit. Then they slap you with an over limit fee - I think mine is $35. Then if when your statement is due you don't pay enough to make your balance go below the limit then they hit you with another overlimit fee. And they keep doing it until you are below limit. But, once I went over limit on my cc and before the billing period was over I made a payment and didn't get hit with a fee. But that probably depends on the card. I know you said your DH makes good money but is there any chance you could qualify for fuel assistance? Or could you borrow money from your city/town welfare office?

treehugger.gif mama to flower.gif and stillheart.gif and baby.gif

femalesling.GIF  bfinfant.gif  familybed1.gif

#203 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Arden View Post
I've never posted on this thread before, just read. My DH makes a pretty decent salery, but mountains of unexpected debt have made things extremely difficult for us. I hate it when just making do with the absolute basics is really tight for us. I've got a question already if no one minds. What happens if you try to pay for something with a credit card, but the purchase would push you over your limit? Would the card be declined? My dh is in Iraq right now and I didn't realize that our heating oil tank was quite so close to empty. We have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow and we're close to payday so I don't have the cash to pay for it with. All I have is a credit card thats close to it's limit. This would push it over by about $240. Thanks so much. It's so nice to have a place to ask questions like this.

:
i don't have a clue....but, is there any way that you could squeek by until payday....delay the delivery? i would hate to see you get fees on top of everything else.

and welcome!

#204 of 254 Old 02-24-2008, 11:27 PM

I'm back!
#205 of 254 Old 02-25-2008, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma earthical View Post

I'm back!

good morning mamas!

back to school. (no smilie) i am back to bussing it. today should be okay...not many books to carry, and its a morning class, so i won't need food. and it supposed to be gorgeous.

edies headlice is gone. this was after just two days of treatment with eo's and a flea comb (then time at her fathers....i was so scared she would come back loaded). but no buggies! i am SOOOOoooooooo relieved.

then shelby and i are gonna go pick up some freecycled fleece. we need to find a space larger than this, and dedicated to just sewing....with room for a pack and play...oooo, having naeva nearer is going to be so much fun.

i'll check in later...gotta shower then wake edie up....lunch is all made and the school bags are packed. its just the people part now.

#206 of 254 Old 02-25-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:

:
Is it possible to have the oil company bill you, or is this a cash & carry type oil company. If its a cash & carry place do you have a relationship with them where maybe you can ask them to give you a week or two to pay the bill? Like someone else said, I think either your card will be declined or you will incur over the limit fees neither which would be great though I know that when you need oil, you need oil. The other option might be to order a smaller quantity that you can charge. Though I know some companies don't allow anything smaller than 100 gallons.

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#207 of 254 Old 02-25-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:

:
What branch is he in??? Just curiosity I guess. My ex(well technically we are still married) is slated for an April deployment to Kuwait with the air national guard. We are former active duty air force. If I were you I might cancel the delivery or just take whatever will fit on your card and try to wait until payday because those fees are outrageous if you go over and they let you. They may even reject the card. So maybe you could just bake a lot with the oven to warm up the house and just let the oil run out until payday??? And your husband's check has gotta be pretty decent if he's deployed because he's getting family sep and probably hazard duty pay so that would probably take care of all your bills plus the cost of the oil.

#208 of 254 Old 02-25-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:

good morning mamas!

back to school. (no smilie) i am back to bussing it. today should be okay...not many books to carry, and its a morning class, so i won't need food. and it supposed to be gorgeous.

edies headlice is gone. this was after just two days of treatment with eo's and a flea comb (then time at her fathers....i was so scared she would come back loaded). but no buggies! i am SOOOOoooooooo relieved.

then shelby and i are gonna go pick up some freecycled fleece. we need to find a space larger than this, and dedicated to just sewing....with room for a pack and play...oooo, having naeva nearer is going to be so much fun.

i'll check in later...gotta shower then wake edie up....lunch is all made and the school bags are packed. its just the people part now.
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! No buggies! That must be nice!
Be careful carrying those books mama. DO NOT hurt your shoulder again.
I'm so excited for you and Shelby to start on this. I am heading upstairs with Sara in a few minutes to pick out some cool fabrics for your project and I'll just mail back your flat rate box to you when I get it. But you know that you have to figure out how to make Naeva happy in the sling now because otherwise you both won't get much sewing done. I'm serious about figuring out tummy to tummy. Grace and Sara wouldn't slleep in the sling cradled but put them straight up tummy to tummy and they conked out for hours. I think that may help.
http://www.peppermint.com/baby-weari...tructions.html
check this out. the first link at the top under ring slings says something about a newborn or preemie in a ring sling but it's a tummy 2 tummy instruction with LOTS of pics step by step. Should be easy to get it figured out. As long as the bottom rail is tucked up between Naeva's legs and Shelby's tummy and the top rail is pulled tight against Naeva's head, she is very well supported. I even bend over or vaccuum or cook with Grace like that.

So I fixed the sewing machine last night! I'm so excited! I didn't have time for anything other than sewing Sara an elmo blanket(elmo on one side, purple fleece on the other) and one doubler for Gracie's prefolds but I'm excited to sew today when Sara naps. I took out the manual and literally pulled all the guts out of the sewing machine, cleaned them, and put them back in. I don't know what the issue was but it kept jamming and breaking needles. But I fixed it and it works now. I dont' have to bring it in to get fixed!!!! Yay for ingenuity and sewing machine manuals! I'm going to sew some more breast pads(I leak through everything with my supersupply, doublers for the girls in their prefolds, and a wool blankie from scraps leftover from making longies. That way I can lay Grace coverless ont he floor without her peeing through to the carpet.

#209 of 254 Old 02-25-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
** Full Disclosure: this is coming from a mama who has been well over $100 negative before because I chose a basketful of food rather than go hungry or dumpster-dive food again.... because of situations like this that happened all around the same time last year I had my bank threaten to close my account. It's worth risking if you have no other choices but it might also screw you over... **

I'm sorry you've had a rough time in the past Aura. I you!

#210 of 254 Old 02-25-2008, 12:42 PM

Awww justmama ~ you're wonderful. I seriously needed to hear that this morning. Thank you so much.

ediesmom ~ good luck and, keep safe. Also WTG on the lice! whoohoo!!! ~ We had a lice scare last night... it turns out my ds's best friend (and in fact my bf's nephew ) has lice... and last night when I was singing the bedtime songs to my ds he would NOT stop scratching his head... : so I checked with literally a fine toothed comb... and.... NO LICE :: PHEW :: but I TTO'ed and Pepperminted his hair to help with what seemed to be eczema... and this morning let him use my TTO shampoo. My ds smells minty fresh.

((( MOMMA EARTHICAL ))) !!!!

About us ~~ last night I was awake until close to 3 AM... it's the peak of the month for my endo... so on the bad side the pain literally crippled me to the point of not being able to walk last night.. on the good side though TONIGHT or tomorrow morning at the latest should be the last of the really bad stuff. Also on the good side, a heavy dose of vicoprofen knocks it back enough for me to walk and function like an almost-normal human... I got up at 6:20 this morning and made my ds whole wheat waffles... he's been begging for waffles and I had a hell of a time cleaning the $&@^& waffle maker it literally took me several months and I came VERY close to just disassembling the frikkin thing. But... I stayed up last night, scrubbed it SHINING clean... and made him waffles. So this morning we had ~ waffles with butter-like spread and raw honey... : I need to do this more often.

Now if I could just stop myself from eating the rest of the batch... :

It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here mamas. Wish me luck, I'm going to try to take my dd for a walk..... if I stay in this house ONE. MORE. DAY. I am going to go irreparably crazy (as opposed to reparably crazy, which I do all the time ).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page