Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2008, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ediesmom View Post
oh, dr. ego won't be touching me again

when i think about it i am so rageful.......i'll see where this goes and then make a choice whether to contact a lawyer. right now that sounds horrible and tiring. after i am feeling better it may just sound like a really good idea.

sandygirl....nothing wrng with tomorrow if today just won't cut it! feel better soon

hi thystle!

where is everyone one today? don't make me start dialing!
sorry. Sara and I worked on our "project" today a little more so that kept us outside most of the day getting the rocks and upstairs the other half of the day glueing them on. For those who don't know, Mady got a completely unfinished dollhouse for christmas and we've done NOTHING on it so far and I feel bad so Sara and I are brainstorming ideas to fix it up for her. I'm knitting carpets out of scrap yarn, trying to find scrap cotton for curtains(maybe stick curtain rods???) and we are gluing rocks outside for a rock walkway to the front door. Maybe I'll spend some money on a little paint for it soon. But Mady doesn't know yet since we do it while she's at school and we hope to surprise her in July for her birthday with a completely finished house. She doesn't play with it now anyway.
And I had a TON of knitting to finish today too. Just sold a few things online so I have the rest of the rent money thankfully but no gas bill money. Ah well, we'll catch up next month I guess.

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2008, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i think i may have found out the cause of my black outs/dizzy spell--- i just got a letter from wic my iron count was really really low... and the food that is "high" in iron sounds gross to me now... ashlyn went potty twice yay and alex slept in his bed for three hours last night... now if only he stays asleep i would be happy... lol.. oh well i take three hours to myself in a bed then the one hour the night befor.. there is improvement...

i am glad to hear that dr ego wont be touching u again ediesmom. i cant believe he tried to fix something that wasnt the right thing. oh the nerve of some doctors.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:48 PM

ediesmom - very glad to hear that doc won't be touching you again.

justmama - that dollhouse sounds cool! Let me know if you need ideas or stuff. Can we see photo's when it's done?

asianyoushi - yeah low iron will do that to you. when I was pregnant I used to eat venison because it was so high in iron. Not sure if that's an option for you.

I'm a little better - we did manage to go pick up a locking metal cabinet to put all the medications & other things away from DD. The gal we bought it from loaded it for me, as there was just no way I could. I'm so glad we finally found one on craigslist we could afford, as she can now reach all the way to the center of the table, and nothing is safe anymore.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:53 PM

Hi mamas,

I'm reading even if I don't get time to post. to you all.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygirl View Post
ediesmom - very glad to hear that doc won't be touching you again.

justmama - that dollhouse sounds cool! Let me know if you need ideas or stuff. Can we see photo's when it's done?

asianyoushi - yeah low iron will do that to you. when I was pregnant I used to eat venison because it was so high in iron. Not sure if that's an option for you.

I'm a little better - we did manage to go pick up a locking metal cabinet to put all the medications & other things away from DD. The gal we bought it from loaded it for me, as there was just no way I could. I'm so glad we finally found one on craigslist we could afford, as she can now reach all the way to the center of the table, and nothing is safe anymore.
no venison is not an option. if my stomach could handle it i would be all over my parents deep freeze stealing pounds of it but my gut gets in the worst shape when i have a bite of it. (dad used to hunt deer and elk and we would eat it when i was younger and even then it was just a "waste of my time to bother eating it cuz it always came back up. i dont know why i can digest it. i cant digest pork either--i am really weird. i can have crazy Asian concoctions but cant eat 'normal" animal meats(pork,venison,buffalo, dark turkey meat.)
Old 03-27-2008, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianyoushi View Post
no venison is not an option. if my stomach could handle it i would be all over my parents deep freeze stealing pounds of it but my gut gets in the worst shape when i have a bite of it. (dad used to hunt deer and elk and we would eat it when i was younger and even then it was just a "waste of my time to bother eating it cuz it always came back up. i dont know why i can digest it. i cant digest pork either--i am really weird. i can have crazy Asian concoctions but cant eat 'normal" animal meats(pork,venison,buffalo, dark turkey meat.)
totally understandable - had a friend in college who was the same way {he was korean}

try beets & broccoli, and leafy greens. There is also a liquid iron supplement - floradix I think? it's good!
Old 03-27-2008, 03:29 AM

OMG MDC has NOT been working worth a darn for me today...

everyone
Old 03-27-2008, 04:42 AM

Mamas!!! I am sorry for those of us having a hard time. I have been reading, but not having much time to post. I should be in bed right now...morning comes so quickly these days.

I got my grades yesterday. I made 4.0's in both of my classes!! So very excited. I start the new quarter on Monday. I got my schedule so that we can go to playgroups again. And I will have to use my financial aid money to put a new transmission in my van, but at least I'll have that, right?

Some weird/bad news. I took my 5 yr old to an ent for sleep apnea, and they want to take his tonsils and adnoid out, but they didn't even do a sleep study on him or anything. I find that odd. I am not going to consent right now, but I need to do some more research and call the doc to ask about the sleep study. I can't believe they would say to do it with just a 5 minute exam...

I hope the rest of the week goes well for everyone.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 03-27-2008, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

good morning mamas!

justmama....the redecorating sounds fun. shelby remodeled hers for edie a few years ago. she found the cutest frames at the dollar store and made mirrors and framed photos.....just an idea

asianyoushi....i hope added iron will be the answer! do you have cast iron pans and pots? i cook everything in cast iron...i was a vegetarian for years and just did really bad with the green leafys. btw, i am so excited about your appointments next week. i can't wait to hear updates. yup, even the dentist!

sandygirl....cl has been an amazing resource for us lately. i have to check it almost constantly, though. things move so fricken fast.

mamamoo, you just rock,,,,,and get really good grades

aura and momma earthical.....good to see you!

i never got around to the laundry thing yesterday.....the sun didn't come out until it was kind of late.. its supposed to be sunny today.

shelby and naeva are moving this weekend......its only 1/2 hour away, but i am just so sad. i've been trying to think of how good a bigger place will be for them....but i'll miss them being right up the road

i'll check in later

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:38 AM

Morning all!
No time to post much, everything is alright around here. Why is it that when I have a day off I can NEVER just relax? I know, I know no such thing for a mama but I WOULD like to have a "peaceful, easy" day(just once?)
Hope everyone has a good day (or at least no drama)

__________________________________________________ ______________

mama to 4 great kids: dd1 age 15.5(eek), ds1 age 14, ds2 age 11, and dd2 age 4-you are my sunshine

mama to dd1 17yo, ds1 16yo, ds2 13 yo, and dd2 6yo
Old 03-27-2008, 12:42 PM

Hi, all!
I haven`t checked out this thread all month, I think. Been soooo busy, and had 10 internetfree days during easter, too.

Have no time to post now, but I will totally be back!

Just one thing before I run back to dinnermaking: Noah has had some really bad anxiety attacks and lots ofanger/sadness/depression/feeling really, really bad about himself lately. My precious boy is hurting. And he is not even seven years old. Please, pray for us, if you believe in prayers. All good thoughts are appreciated.

*Single, attached Norwegian mama to my LoveBug, 2001*

Old 03-27-2008, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyTamara View Post
Hi, all!
I haven`t checked out this thread all month, I think. Been soooo busy, and had 10 internetfree days during easter, too.

Have no time to post now, but I will totally be back!

Just one thing before I run back to dinnermaking: Noah has had some really bad anxiety attacks and lots ofanger/sadness/depression/feeling really, really bad about himself lately. My precious boy is hurting. And he is not even seven years old. Please, pray for us, if you believe in prayers. All good thoughts are appreciated.

oh, mama! i JUST checked the other board for updates on you and noah!

you are both in my prayers

have you tried rescue remedy for his anxiety attacks? and i was thinking maybe a yoga class would center him. he seems like the type of lo who would do yoga and enjoy it. and mama might enjoy it, too!

you're a good mama......i've missed you!

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
totally understandable - had a friend in college who was the same way {he was korean}

try beets & broccoli, and leafy greens. There is also a liquid iron supplement - floradix I think? it's good!
i would say all koreans are like that but i am the only one in my family who cant tolerate it, its so annoying being the odd one out...

Quote:
good morning mamas!

asianyoushi....i hope added iron will be the answer! do you have cast iron pans and pots? i cook everything in cast iron...i was a vegetarian for years and just did really bad with the green leafys. btw, i am so excited about your appointments next week. i can't wait to hear updates. yup, even the dentist!
no i dont have any cast iron pans and pots... do i need to start cooking in them??? i too am excited to see the dentist.. hopefully i can get my teeth fixed even though im pregnant- pretty sure i can since i am WAY past the "danger" zone and i usually have high pain tolerance when it comes to my mouth.. the pyshc appointment i am worried about i have to show up 45 minutes early to fill out abunch of paper work.. i would fill it out now with the online forms but my computer is acting all dumb and says its not a correct operation program?!?!.

mamamoo
Quote:
Mamas!!! I am sorry for those of us having a hard time. I have been reading, but not having much time to post. I should be in bed right now...morning comes so quickly these days.

I got my grades yesterday. I made 4.0's in both of my classes!! So very excited. I start the new quarter on Monday. I got my schedule so that we can go to playgroups again. And I will have to use my financial aid money to put a new transmission in my van, but at least I'll have that, right?

Some weird/bad news. I took my 5 yr old to an ent for sleep apnea, and they want to take his tonsils and adnoid out, but they didn't even do a sleep study on him or anything. I find that odd. I am not going to consent right now, but I need to do some more research and call the doc to ask about the sleep study. I can't believe they would say to do it with just a 5 minute exam...

I hope the rest of the week goes well for everyone.
i too would not consent... serriously what the hell is up with doctors not doing what they are suppose and just saying surgery is the answer to a problem they dont even diagnose. arh how frustrating.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:24 PM

awww...I would be sad if my kiddos were moving away too, even a half hour. I'm glad she gets to get a bigger place though. Are you guys still trying to do the wahm business? I would love to hear about it if so.

CrunchyTamara ~ I am so sorry mama. I have 2 kids that are like this. I am just so sorry. Do you know of anything that would be causing it? Ediesmom has some really great suggestions.

cwat ~ I know what you mean!! LOL I FINALLY this last weekend just vegged for a while watching movies and not worrying about anything. It was so refreshing. It has taken me a year (since my X moved out) to figure it out. I *need* that time.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 03-27-2008, 01:27 PM

oh i guess i should update on alex- he slept three hours again in his crib. i think he would have slept more if some jack @$$ didnt start pounding and wanting to walk into my house last night... --- kids asleep in their room and i had just gotten out of the shower (around 11pm) i hear footsteps up our stair case( 2nd floor apartment) and i hear a knock. - i am not gonna answer the door in just a towel so i go put some clothes on and walk down the hallway. the guy is pounding on the door and trying to turn the knob and kicking the door. and screaming a guys name?! i got into our entry way and asked who he was and then he was like "oh does dan live here?". no oops sorry. i was so freaking scared. i made sure the door was stilled locked when i heard him run down the stairs. ran into my bedroom and peeped out the window-- i think this was the same guy who came to our apartment like 8 months ago with a big bag of weed looking for the same "dan" person. the only difference this time was dh answered the door that time and the guy ran off--(dh was in his full uniform(gun/taser and all)
Old 03-27-2008, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

mamamoo.....i MEANT to respond to your dc's condition......big kudos to you for taking a step back. even if the proceedure needs to be done, educating yourself on it beforehand is so important.

(btw....right now i am so leery of surgeons )

Old 03-27-2008, 03:31 PM

I need a little help on this. I've been knitting these little baby gnomes for a while and selling them for money to pay my bills and they've been wildly popular on diaperswappers where I have a wahm thread. In my quest to stay home a few months longer and begin school in the fall I've decided to get more serious about it. That means I need a name for my "store" to open up on hyenacart.com. I'm considering also joining a congo there because I'll get more "traffic" combined with other moms. Any thoughts on names for my store????

Samples of my work:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...s/100_3415.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...s/01_10_14.jpg

I figured I'd ask you ladies first before trying to wrap my uncreative brain around this. I think it will be a good option for me to stay home and be with my girls and a good option for other moms who want affordable natural toys that are good quality and SAFE for their kids. I'm just completely clueless on the business end.

MODS: this is not a sales post. Just a single mama looking to make some extra money ON ANOTHER SITE. Not advertising. Just looking for help from other low income mamas on a name for the store!!!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 03:42 PM

im not creative at all when it comes to making up names.. maybe little gnomes

------ need to vent--------
dh just called he hasnt even left the area of his second job because some one decided to SLASH our tires. i am so pissed. i really hope the car insurance will pay for that... but i dont know if they will.... argh
Old 03-27-2008, 03:44 PM

they are sooo cute!! I have a hyenacart, and someone else set it up for me...I am clueless on the computer stuff. Are yo u on the wahm forum on HC? I would go ask there. I believe there is a tutorial available.
Good luck mama!! I do a very simple version of the little gnomes. Mine have no arms or legs. lol

Old 03-27-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post
I need a little help on this. I've been knitting these little baby gnomes for a while and selling them for money to pay my bills and they've been wildly popular on diaperswappers where I have a wahm thread. In my quest to stay home a few months longer and begin school in the fall I've decided to get more serious about it. That means I need a name for my "store" to open up on hyenacart.com. I'm considering also joining a congo there because I'll get more "traffic" combined with other moms. Any thoughts on names for my store????

Samples of my work:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...s/100_3415.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...s/01_10_14.jpg
Awwww!! They are ADORABLE!! Noah would LOVE them. (He is a sucker for any small doll. He has like 40 of them in bed with us. )
Do you make anything else, or will the store consist of "only" gnomes? Cause if it will be a "gnome store", then you could call it something like that: The Little Gnome Shop" or something similar.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
oh, mama! i JUST checked the other board for updates on you and noah!

you are both in my prayers

have you tried rescue remedy for his anxiety attacks? and i was thinking maybe a yoga class would center him. he seems like the type of lo who would do yoga and enjoy it. and mama might enjoy it, too!

you're a good mama......i've missed you!

Thanks, sweetie. I`ve missed you, too. (The other board has been so, so quiet. I thought people had fallen off the face of the earth. )

I`ve never tried RR. But friend of mine has lots of knowledge when it comes to Bach Remedies, and she has given him e big bottle of something that he takes every day. It`s several different flowermedicines put together. All of them helps for different sorts of anxiety/fear etc.

Yoga is a very good idea, actually. He NEEDS to lear to relax, cause when he is panicking I just can`t seem to get thru to him AT ALL. I try soooooo hard to help him relax, breathe etc to stop the panick, but he just screams at me and tries to hit if I get to close. I am reading a book about anxiety, and was actually going to start reading the chapters on relaxation tonight.

Thanks for caring.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamoo View Post
they are sooo cute!! I have a hyenacart, and someone else set it up for me...I am clueless on the computer stuff. Are yo u on the wahm forum on HC? I would go ask there. I believe there is a tutorial available.
Good luck mama!! I do a very simple version of the little gnomes. Mine have no arms or legs. lol
oooooh I wanna see! Wanna link me?

Old 03-27-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyTamara View Post
Awwww!! They are ADORABLE!! Noah would LOVE them. (He is a sucker for any small doll. He has like 40 of them in bed with us. )
Do you make anything else, or will the store consist of "only" gnomes? Cause if it will be a "gnome store", then you could call it something like that: The Little Gnome Shop" or something similar.
well at first probably just gnomes. I have lots of free patterns for play food as well and I've done customs for them before(mostly fruit and veggies so far). gnomes are much easier and less involved so I've been concentrating on those for quick money. but I may delve into more knit toys too once the money issues are solved.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:36 PM

"my little gnome"
Old 03-27-2008, 05:42 PM

Justmama, So cute! I love the little slings you have on some of them. How about "Gnome Sweet Gnome"?

Asianyoushi, I'd be so pissed about the tires! Tires are so expensive! Hopefully insurance will cover it.

For the gardeners, any idea when I should start planting? I'm in So. NH. I have absolutely no clue. This is my first garden.

treehugger.gif mama to flower.gif and stillheart.gif and baby.gif

femalesling.GIF  bfinfant.gif  familybed1.gif

Old 03-27-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthyMamaofDaisy View Post
Justmama, So cute! I love the little slings you have on some of them. How about "Gnome Sweet Gnome"?

Asianyoushi, I'd be so pissed about the tires! Tires are so expensive! Hopefully insurance will cover it.

For the gardeners, any idea when I should start planting? I'm in So. NH. I have absolutely no clue. This is my first garden.
such a cute idea!!!! I love it! I'm no gardener but I'm wondering the same thing. I kill EVERYTHING I touch. I really want to try to have a great garden this year totally in containers on the deck. Maybe you can start now in containers inside with seeds and just force them up and take outside later???? I'm in RI so it's a tad warmer here but not much.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post
oooooh I wanna see! Wanna link me?
pming you.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

i think.....
faery bug ....essentials? designs?

Old 03-27-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthyMamaofDaisy View Post

i am pissed called three tire places- 1 wants 174 per tire, the next was 125 per tire and the last place was 110. so dh is gonna HAVE to work tonight to pay for this.. i dont know if he talked with insurance or not- i cant because my name isnt on the policy since i dont drive... he has to take care of it. when he came home i told him bout the guy they tried to break down our door... hubby's solution- pull out all his guns and said" pick one" u will sleep with a gun next to ur head just in case he comes back...... ummmm yea thats not gonna fly since the only gun i personally have shot out of his "collection" is the worst with amount of crap u have to do befor u can actually pull the trigger...... so now dh is having one of his police buddies "baby sit " the kids and me tonight just incase the dude comes back.....
Old 03-27-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianyoushi View Post
i am pissed called three tire places- 1 wants 174 per tire, the next was 125 per tire and the last place was 110. so dh is gonna HAVE to work tonight to pay for this.. i dont know if he talked with insurance or not- i cant because my name isnt on the policy since i dont drive... he has to take care of it. when he came home i told him bout the guy they tried to break down our door... hubby's solution- pull out all his guns and said" pick one" u will sleep with a gun next to ur head just in case he comes back...... ummmm yea thats not gonna fly since the only gun i personally have shot out of his "collection" is the worst with amount of crap u have to do befor u can actually pull the trigger...... so now dh is having one of his police buddies "baby sit " the kids and me tonight just incase the dude comes back.....
try asking if any of the tire places have "knockoffs" These are new tires that we on a car, and the new owner didn't like, etc. Normally go for about half price - look for little tire shops to find them mostly.

User Tag List