March Low Income Mamas Support Thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 402 Old 03-29-2008, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy birthday to two amazing mamas: Justmama and Ediesmom. I wish you both amazing days, and wonderful lifes.

It`s spring, people!! Yay!!! *Running around in circles in pure happiness*
TWO days ago it was soooo cold here. (-8 Celcius) And since we live a few feet from the river, -8 and wind is pretty cold. But today? Ooh, what a wonderful thing it is to wake up to a blue sky, no wind and 9!!!!!!! degrees celcius. I took Noah out for a walk, and we ended up on a playground, sitting on a bench and just soaking up the sun.

*Single, attached Norwegian mama to my LoveBug, 2001*

#362 of 402 Old 03-29-2008, 07:32 PM

Happy birthday, ediesmom and justmama!!
ediesmom ~ I had never heard of government cheese... Although government cereal is delicious!! My mom once shared some of her batch with me... : !!

asianyoushi ~ congrats on the WIC I remember the thrill of being able to buy SO MUCH all at once... there's something about having a wealth of food that is so comforting.

shay ~ your Goodwill doesn't let you try on clothes??? ~ I think it WOULD be a better deal going somewhere you know you'll get something that fits, then continuing to buy things that don't. Have you looked on eBay? They can sometimes be a good buy... also Old Navy's website has a great maternity section (including post-partum belly fitting things) and they have frequent sales that are great deals, with only $5 flat-rate shipping so no matter how much you buy it's only $5. Something to think about...

sonrissa ~ I am so so so glad your son is ok!! omg, I remember when my ds bit threw his lip when he was a baby.. but dog attacks terrify me. One of my would-have-been cousins was killed before I was born by a dog.

EarthMama ~ I'm going to need to go by the food bank too. I've been putting it off out of pride and a touch of cynicism but damn, I really don't think I can make it to the 5th.

s_kristina that would be rough, having him gone so long, but good luck on the job... it's hard being alone for so long ~ I know this intimately! ~ but hopefully you'll be better off for it ~ ?

all.

I haven't been posting a lot because honestly, all I've been doing is moping around the house feeling lonely and depressed, and being in pain, which makes me more depressed.

My ex-in-laws came to visit this morning, which was weirdly nice, but also really sad. I wish that, legally, I could send the kids to stay with them for awhile, which maybe is a sucky thought since I know for a fact they don't have great living conditions. But man, it would be nice to just be able to wallow in the pits of my despair without worrying about feeding my kids for awhile, yk??

I don't think I have many poverty-related updates really, except that, because of my mom's medical debt she's being denied treatment for her brain cancer now. But I might have already posted this?

Also next week I will be starting an experimental treatment for my endometriosis... I also have to go in for another Colposcopy .... and I'm also going to make my dr screen me for the cancer that keeps cropping up in my sisters / aunts / etc. :

On another note, I rented Bad Company from iTunes last night and it was frikkin awesome ~ if you like Anthony Hopkins and Chris Rock, you'll love it. The first 20 minutes are so are kind of ... ... but otherwise it's great. $2.99 could not have bought me a better time.
#363 of 402 Old 03-29-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura_Kitten View Post
shay ~ your Goodwill doesn't let you try on clothes??? ~ I think it WOULD be a better deal going somewhere you know you'll get something that fits, then continuing to buy things that don't. Have you looked on eBay? They can sometimes be a good buy... also Old Navy's website has a great maternity section (including post-partum belly fitting things) and they have frequent sales that are great deals, with only $5 flat-rate shipping so no matter how much you buy it's only $5. Something to think about...
They do have a fitting room, but I must admit and its my own quirk I like to wash stuff before I try it on. So its really my own stupidity that allows for this to keep happening.

Aura Kitten Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, hope you feel better soon.

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#364 of 402 Old 03-29-2008, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ediesmom View Post
gov't cheese is my all-time favorite! i don't know where to get it.......they only give it to 'agencies' around here.....and the agencies don't hand it out
it makes the BEST baked mac&cheese

ummmm, justmama! you didnt tell me it was your birthday! i wish for you so much happiness, health, strength, joy, and peace! I love you! Happy Birthday!

and.....try 43 .....although i feel 27, so i guess its okay with me

shay.... ....i LOVE foot stuff. i love having my feet touched

now i'm hungry....for something cheesy
oh boy, I can't STAND having my feet touched. And putting my feet on cold wet floors(like at the gym) makes me dry heave. seriously. it's my little quirk. I can't STAND it! thanks for the birthday love. the text was nice to get today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthyMamaofDaisy View Post
Justmama, Happy Birthday! I hope your day gets better. Have fun at the museum! Don't worry about turning 27. I'm 28 and it's not so bad. Although I am a bit terrified of turning 30.
Ediesmom, Happy Birthday too! Good luck moving furniture.

I had been calling the food pantry all week and kept getting a busy signal but I finally got through and have an appointment for the 9th. I'm running out of everything and I don't have the money to restock it all. I have tons of government cheese (over 10 lbs), green beans and evaporated milk. But not much else so I'm trying to invent interesting concoctions. I just had a grilled cheese with diced jalepeno/onion stuff in a jar layered over the cheese. Yum!

What's up with all this snow? It's supposed to be spring. :
us too. we are on the pancake diet for the next two days. I was telling ediesmom today that I am doing the same thing as you. searching the pantry and coming up with weird combos to fill our bellies and keep the hungries at bay. it's rough in this house right now. there's like 1/2 gallon of milk, 3 eggs, a can of soup, some brown rice, a little cereal, coffee, an apple, and some cheese and bread. that's just about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockedUpButtercup View Post
Just popping in...I'm sitting here eating lunch in front of the computer.

Happy Birthday to Justmama and Ediesmom!

Justmama, those gnomes are SO FRICKIN' CUTE! I am always buying birthday presents for my nieces and nephews...as soon as you get your store up, let us know!

We're working in the yard today...some friends are letting us borrow their tiller, and we're putting in a small vegetable garden along the side of the house, where it gets sun all day long. Groceries have gotten so expensive, especially produce, so I hope this garden will be fun and frugal, too.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Holly
thanks holly! I am going to finish up my customs and begin knitting like mad to open a hyenacart. it's just $7.50 a month so that's not bad at all. I just need some help with the webpage since I suck at that. anyone a genius with that stuff. I know mamamoo said she got someone else to do hers for her. (by the way, mamamoo, it's GORGEOUS! I LOVE your store!)
so we are starting a veggie garden soon too. with the money on the first I'm heading to the store for some seeds and I'll start a little organic garden indoors first. hopefully the consignment shop will have a little wooden shelf to hang on the side of my kitchen cabinet in the sun for the little pots of veggies to start in. I kill EVEYRTHING so i'm hopefully really going to make this happen today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyTamara View Post
Happy birthday to two amazing mamas: Justmama and Ediesmom. I wish you both amazing days, and wonderful lifes.

It`s spring, people!! Yay!!! *Running around in circles in pure happiness*
TWO days ago it was soooo cold here. (-8 Celcius) And since we live a few feet from the river, -8 and wind is pretty cold. But today? Ooh, what a wonderful thing it is to wake up to a blue sky, no wind and 9!!!!!!! degrees celcius. I took Noah out for a walk, and we ended up on a playground, sitting on a bench and just soaking up the sun.
that sounds beautiful Tamara! thanks for the birthday wishes.
by the way, i think you and noah have such a gorgeous relationship. i envy you your relationship with your son. sometimes I feel like I"m just going through the motions with my kids and you really seem to geniunely enjoy each and every thing about him. it's beautiful. really.

Quote:
Happy birthday, ediesmom and justmama!!
EarthMama ~ I'm going to need to go by the food bank too. I've been putting it off out of pride and a touch of cynicism but damn, I really don't think I can make it to the 5th.
all.

I haven't been posting a lot because honestly, all I've been doing is moping around the house feeling lonely and depressed, and being in pain, which makes me more depressed.

My ex-in-laws came to visit this morning, which was weirdly nice, but also really sad. I wish that, legally, I could send the kids to stay with them for awhile, which maybe is a sucky thought since I know for a fact they don't have great living conditions. But man, it would be nice to just be able to wallow in the pits of my despair without worrying about feeding my kids for awhile, yk??

I don't think I have many poverty-related updates really, except that, because of my mom's medical debt she's being denied treatment for her brain cancer now. But I might have already posted this?

Also next week I will be starting an experimental treatment for my endometriosis... I also have to go in for another Colposcopy .... and I'm also going to make my dr screen me for the cancer that keeps cropping up in my sisters / aunts / etc. :

On another note, I rented Bad Company from iTunes last night and it was frikkin awesome ~ if you like Anthony Hopkins and Chris Rock, you'll love it. The first 20 minutes are so are kind of ... ... but otherwise it's great. $2.99 could not have bought me a better time.
mama I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. I am feeling like that lately too. very down and very "weighted" sorta like there's the weight of the world on my shoulders. it feels awful. no money, no food, lots of stress. it just does NOT feel good. poverty is getting overwhelming lately and though I'm truly not a worrier when it comes to the economy, I'm so terrified of the future. it just gets scarier and scarier. I had to turn off the news this evening because I just couldn't sit there and listen to how everything is going south, prices are rising, people are starving, people are losing their homes, gas prices are skyrocketing, applications for welfare are at an all-time high, etc etc etc. where's the light at the end of the tunnel????

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayinme View Post
They do have a fitting room, but I must admit and its my own quirk I like to wash stuff before I try it on. So its really my own stupidity that allows for this to keep happening.

Aura Kitten Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, hope you feel better soon.

Shay
shay, if it makes you feel any better I just discovered this morning that EVERY.SINGLE.PIECE of clothing I own either has a hole somewhere or a spit-up stain somewhere. SO frustrating. I just can't win. ONE pair of jeans fits right now and all my shirts have holes and spit-up stains. I might as well pump my milk and pour it on myself and skip the middle man because that's what happens anyway. I love my daughter right to pieces but GEEZ! Wanna sit in our ugly holy stained sweatpants together and cry? Love ya mama. take heart. I'm in the same situation.

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#365 of 402 Old 03-29-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma earthical View Post

Nature are you enjoying the nice weather walking with your new stroller?
We were for like a week or so! And then... it snowed again. We have yet another storm coming on Monday. Today it was downright freezing here. :

SOON it will be warmer out! We're keeping the stroller together and inside the house so that we can pop the kids in and zip out the door at any time.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#366 of 402 Old 03-29-2008, 10:50 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs for all}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

: Justmama

Happy "Almost Bday" Ediesmom

For those of you that thrift store/yard sale shop. Get a cheap fabric tape measurer and measure the insides of used clothing to see if it will fit you! MUCH more accurate than sizing and you dont have to try it on!

Resistance is futile Matey
#367 of 402 Old 03-29-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
s_kristina that would be rough, having him gone so long, but good luck on the job... it's hard being alone for so long ~ I know this intimately! ~ but hopefully you'll be better off for it ~ ?
If the job pays well enough and/or has great benefits then it would be worth it. My dh used to work on the road until dd was 2.5 years old so I've done the alone thing before. Not with a newborn and 2 older kids to keep track of, but it will have to work out somehow if the money is right.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#368 of 402 Old 03-29-2008, 11:43 PM

Justmama: I adore your gnomes. And I was thinking you should call your Heyna Cart "Gnomeland Security", but that's probably crass and politically incorrect.

Aura_kitten: I'm so sorry about the colposcopy. Those are my least favorite thing ever. Hopefully they'll give you some good painkiller (they do give you painkiller, right? At least novicaine?) and it will be easy and come back negative for anything icky.

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
#369 of 402 Old 03-30-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post
mama I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. I am feeling like that lately too. very down and very "weighted" sorta like there's the weight of the world on my shoulders. it feels awful. no money, no food, lots of stress. it just does NOT feel good. poverty is getting overwhelming lately and though I'm truly not a worrier when it comes to the economy, I'm so terrified of the future. it just gets scarier and scarier. I had to turn off the news this evening because I just couldn't sit there and listen to how everything is going south, prices are rising, people are starving, people are losing their homes, gas prices are skyrocketing, applications for welfare are at an all-time high, etc etc etc. where's the light at the end of the tunnel????
Yeah that totally. I just have to keep hoping that the light will come after the 2008 elections... or that this really IS the heralding of a new astrological era and we're about to enter a whole period of light and etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleweather View Post
Aura_kitten: I'm so sorry about the colposcopy. Those are my least favorite thing ever. Hopefully they'll give you some good painkiller (they do give you painkiller, right? At least novicaine?) and it will be easy and come back negative for anything icky.
No actually the drs never give painkiller around here, you ask and they say "It won't be necessary," even when you tell them you've BEEN THROUGH IT and yes it hurts like a SOB... they don't.

I really really really really wish my bf or sister could be here with me to see me through it... but neither of those are possible.

Ugh.
#370 of 402 Old 03-30-2008, 03:03 AM

Hi everyone, I don't post in this thread often but I love all the frugal tips I get.

I just wanted to mention, for those who are without health insurance, to check to see if your state has a program to help pay for it. Where we live, they will help pay for your health insurance if your employer (or spouse's employer) offers it and it meets certain requirements (like it has to pay at least 50% coinsurance, and the deductible can't be too high, etc). In our state our share of the premium has to be at least 5% of our income and then there's an income limit as well. All of these states have similar programs:

California, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.

Might be worth checking into if you're in that too rich for medicaid/too poor to pay for insurance place so many of us are in!
#371 of 402 Old 03-30-2008, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

'gnomeland security'...lmao!

good morning mamas!

furniture moving didn't hurt while i was doing it (too much) but boy! its spanking me now! i get to spend the day snuggling the bean while everyone moves......can't wait. she is so gorgeous. i will try to cut and paste an image....i can't figure out facebook or photobucket.

aura....this MAY help...breathe (like labor) and lavender oil. its how i have got through my last two colpo's....still hurts, but not as much. (((hug)))

belleweather...hi!

and a big hi to all the mamas

i found a 'dark bread' gf mix in my pantry yesterday....threw in a handful of sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and made such a yummy loaf of bread. feeling pretty grateful about that

and a mama here had sent me some pasta (gf) that i thought i had eaten all of.....but i found two boxes of spaghetti! :...good thing...its tight.

i, too, am gearing up for the growing season. i have some pretty high-tech indoor grow stuff so it will be easier this year to get them going.

i'll check in later...have a good day mamas

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#372 of 402 Old 03-30-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
'gnomeland security'...lmao!

good morning mamas!

furniture moving didn't hurt while i was doing it (too much) but boy! its spanking me now! i get to spend the day snuggling the bean while everyone moves......can't wait. she is so gorgeous. i will try to cut and paste an image....i can't figure out facebook or photobucket.

aura....this MAY help...breathe (like labor) and lavender oil. its how i have got through my last two colpo's....still hurts, but not as much. (((hug)))

belleweather...hi!

and a big hi to all the mamas

i found a 'dark bread' gf mix in my pantry yesterday....threw in a handful of sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and made such a yummy loaf of bread. feeling pretty grateful about that

and a mama here had sent me some pasta (gf) that i thought i had eaten all of.....but i found two boxes of spaghetti! :...good thing...its tight.

i, too, am gearing up for the growing season. i have some pretty high-tech indoor grow stuff so it will be easier this year to get them going.

i'll check in later...have a good day mamas
text me a pic of naeva and I'll upload it for you. I have a removable cartridge for my phone so I can upload the pics I take to the computer and I have a photobucket acct. If you give me permission I'll upload it here. If you want to wait for that, I can pm it to you.

#373 of 402 Old 03-30-2008, 09:55 AM

Little Miss Naeva, posted with permission!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...Family0052.jpg

#374 of 402 Old 03-30-2008, 09:56 AM

me and mady on the train to boston a few months back
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...811071900a.jpg

dan and sara waiting for the train to boston
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...0811071110.jpg

a few nights ago, gracie learning to suck her fist
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...0328082112.jpg

we've come so far!
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...0124082032.jpg

#375 of 402 Old 03-30-2008, 10:47 AM

What gorgeous photos of all the kids! I love seeing what people look like IRL, makes everyone seem more real, ya know?

AK, good luck on the colpo. I'm surprised everyone is saying how much they hurt, I've had 2 plus a cryo and honestly I didn't think they hurt at all. Now I'm paranoid and I wonder if I'm just dead inside or something. I remember the doc was shocked I didn't hurt. I'm hoping for good results for you. And I'm shocked that your mom can't get treatment for her cancer because of back bills! I had thought no one could be denied medical care, but maybe that's just emergency medical care? That is one cold-hearted doctor to deny someone cancer treatment.

Justmama, do you have any jam laying around? That can spice up pancakes. Or if you have it you could sprinkle them with cinnamon and a teeny bit of sugar.

treehugger.gif mama to flower.gif and stillheart.gif and baby.gif

femalesling.GIF  bfinfant.gif  familybed1.gif

#376 of 402 Old 03-30-2008, 11:11 AM

ediesmom and justmama, gorgeous!! I love the pics! The babies are growing so much!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#377 of 402 Old 03-30-2008, 11:43 AM

Ediesmama and Justmama (I think?) your babies are GORGEOUS!
I almost miss them that small (my youngest is 4yo) but then I think about the 24/7 care and...oh heck who am I kidding ?!? I just miss it (but not enough to do it again)
The sun is out here, but it's COLD!: I thought it was springtime!?! Someone go wake up Mother Nature and tell her to send warm(er) weather.
Anyway, I hope everyone has a good Sunday.
Oh I almost forgot, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all having birthdays

__________________________________________________ _______________

mama to 4 great kids: dd1 age 15.5(eek), ds1 age 14, ds2 age 11, and dd2 age 4-you are my sunshine

mama to dd1 17yo, ds1 16yo, ds2 13 yo, and dd2 6yo
#378 of 402 Old 03-30-2008, 12:56 PM

What wonderful, beautiful pictures!! Gorgeous children all around!

This made me want to show off MY "baby", too.

Snow, Noah and easterholiday.

Spring is on it`s way!!

My little man.

*Single, attached Norwegian mama to my LoveBug, 2001*

#379 of 402 Old 03-30-2008, 01:12 PM

i guess i have to show off my kids too!
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...MA/kids213.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...MA/kids132.jpg

oh and here is a belly pic of me
18 weeks 1 day preggo
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...A/DSCN0171.jpg

6 days til ashlyn 3rd birthday boy does time fly. i am really hoping it warms up so we can go to the zoo. but i dont know how likely that is because last night it was freezing. stirling and his buddy were at work and responded to like 15 accidents during their patrols. one car was split in half. it was so bad the local police departments were calling other agencies for more cars/and officers to come on for "out of district' calls. u would think march would not be this freaking cold. i am pissed off at dh's co worker- he took the studs off the company car so hubby is now driving an "unsafe' car with the conditions the weather keeps throwing at him..
#380 of 402 Old 03-30-2008, 02:58 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Resistance is futile Matey
#381 of 402 Old 03-30-2008, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

thanks meghan....i'm so proud! she is more beautiful each second....and starting to get funny.

and your lo is growing up so much....was that red hair i saw coming in? too cute......and what are you doing going to boston? if its easy we could meet up! science museum? fun

tamara, your boy is beautiful. each pic i see of him just makes me want a boy. he seems so sweet and kind

and lilly...adorable..all of you keep the belly pix coming. i'm jealous!

so, the girls have moved away i don't know how i'm gonna do it.....i'll miss them horribly. but the house is sweet, and shelby will be happier there than in the city. especially with summer on the lake.

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#382 of 402 Old 03-30-2008, 09:54 PM

I feel really stupid
I just looked at my calendar and realized that March is almost over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Surprisingly, except for my car, this month wasn't too bad.
Wishing everyone good vibes for April

__________________________________________________ _______________

mama to 4 great kids: dd1 age 15.5(eek), ds1 age 14, ds2 age 11, and dd2 age 4-you are my sunshine

mama to dd1 17yo, ds1 16yo, ds2 13 yo, and dd2 6yo
#383 of 402 Old 03-30-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
thanks meghan....i'm so proud! she is more beautiful each second....and starting to get funny.

and your lo is growing up so much....was that red hair i saw coming in? too cute......and what are you doing going to boston? if its easy we could meet up! science museum? fun

tamara, your boy is beautiful. each pic i see of him just makes me want a boy. he seems so sweet and kind

and lilly...adorable..all of you keep the belly pix coming. i'm jealous!

so, the girls have moved away i don't know how i'm gonna do it.....i'll miss them horribly. but the house is sweet, and shelby will be happier there than in the city. especially with summer on the lake.
thanks- dont be jealous of me.

sorry the girls moved away. hope they settle in quickly. hugs
#384 of 402 Old 03-30-2008, 10:59 PM

Oh wow!! Everyones babes are beautiful!!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#385 of 402 Old 03-31-2008, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

good morning mamas!

back to class today (nothing more to say on that )

i had a hard time sleeping last night. so much going on....... i am selling a piece of furniture that i found on the side walk for $100 on cl. people are all over it! its been in my living room for the winter, but its too large. its one of those office armoire's....a desk in a cabinet. really pretty. oak. it was a find....and maybe it will save my lights from getting shut off.

(((lilly)))....you are beautiful. your lo's are beautiful....and that little baby bump is so sweet. i know its hard right now...

i think i might need to seel more stuff on cl. i just don't know what.

shelby isn't moving too fast on our venture, and i feel like if i jump ahead she won't feel a part of it. maybe i need to gently remind her that i'm hungry and have bills. ....and could i please use her serger

edie is having a hard time at school socially. girls really suck at this age. she doesn't have a clich....has ALWAYS been friends with everyone. has always been invited to all the parties.....three parties among her friends this weekend, and she wasn't invited to any of them. she's crushed. i just hurt for her.

okay, off to start my day.....glad you are here mamas...thanks

#386 of 402 Old 03-31-2008, 08:32 AM

I want to share my pics but am worried that freaks might steal them (or stalk me, again!) ... You are all lovely.

ediesmom ~ about the $100, maybe you should have posted it for more $$.

lilly ~ you look so sad. You and your LO's are so beautiful!!

EDIT: I just PM'ed a bunch of you w/ links to my pics

So .... it's 4:40 in the A.M., I am wide awake, in tons of pain, and extraordinarily moody. I keep fretting over my relationship w/ my bf and I shouldn't. Boys aren't worth that much trouble. You'd think I would have figured that out when I was 14. :

On planting, since someone asked ~ I don't know about MO but here on the West Coast, I've always considered mid-April to be optimum planting time. This is usually post-frost and pre-Summer Heat; however, with the weather as insane as it's been, who knows? If you can, grab a copy of the Farmer's Almanac; that's usually really accurate as far as planting dates and tips / info goes.

Student mamas: how are everyone's classes going??
(I e-mailed my profs and asked them for incompletes so I can return and finish them when my life isn't so heartbreakingly hectic; they agreed, with the "complete by-" date set next academic year. I also e-mailed the dean of Bryn Mawr and explained my situation, and asked them to hold my acceptance, and she assured me they would. tentative " " )

In a couple of hours I'm going to rouse my kids, feed them cake for breakfast because we're almost out of real food, and take them shoe-shopping, because my ds's shoes have holes in the toes. And tops. And the heels are falling off. : If I write a check, there's no way it will go through before the 1st right???! :
#387 of 402 Old 03-31-2008, 09:10 AM

I loved seeing everyone's pictures!

Justmama, your girls are beautiful. And so are you!

Ediesmama, Naeva is gorgeous!

Asianyoushi, Alex and Ashlyn are too cute. And your itty bitty baby bump is wonderful!

A little late, but here are some pics of my family...my kids are so much bigger than everyone else's!

This is my older DS, Matt...he's 17.5:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8671453@N03/2376382271/

Ross, on our last vacation (he was 10 here):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8671453@N03/529316085/

I have clearer photos of me, but I need to load them from the camera...those vacation ones are all blurry.

It was odd scrolling through those vacation pics...we're so far away from taking another vacation at this point that I really can't imagine it. Although to be fair, "stealth-camping" in the van means vacations only cost us gas, at this point, I can't see how we'd afford even than.

Here is my van, btw: my backup plan in case a hurricane hits Houston!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8671453@N03/1118049674/

If we have to evacuate again, we're going in STYLE (okay, hippie style, but still.)

So...I'm 43 and pregnant with #3 - how'd that happen?  

#388 of 402 Old 03-31-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:

and your lo is growing up so much....was that red hair i saw coming in? too cute......and what are you doing going to boston? if its easy we could meet up! science museum? fun.
not a problem. her hair looked so tame in that pic. what did you do? gel it? i LOVE the fuzzy hair!
yeah i think grace might be going red but so did sara until 18 months or so and then she went blonde. ONE of my offspring needs red hair!

Quote:
I want to share my pics but am worried that freaks might steal them (or stalk me, again!) ... You are all lovely.

EDIT: I just PM'ed a bunch of you w/ links to my pics

In a couple of hours I'm going to rouse my kids, feed them cake for breakfast because we're almost out of real food, and take them shoe-shopping, because my ds's shoes have holes in the toes. And tops. And the heels are falling off. : If I write a check, there's no way it will go through before the 1st right???! :
write the check hon, it won't clear for a day or two. by the way, they are so gorgeous. little hippie babies! i'm in love! mady's sneakers are falling apart too. sara will only wear crocs or soft shoes and mady will only wear sneakers. i wish you were my mama! cake for breakfast! that's sure to be a hit!

our plan for today is diaper laundry(fingers crossed but sara's been in big girl panties for 2 days now of her own doing so maybe that's the end of icky toddler poop?????) and knitting. gotta clean up the house too since dan's friend is stopping by to meet grace. she hasn't yet seen gracie and she called the other day out of the blue. so we'll see. she's a nice girl so it's not entirely a bad thing that she's coming over. somebody to chat with anyway. tomorrow we'll finally have food! YAY! I have to do a HUGE shopping. we're out of everything except the box of pasta I splurged on a few days ago, a can of tomato sauce, and a can of pineapple. I guess it's oatmeal for breakfast tomorrow and mady will bring the pineapple for snack at school.made it just by the skin of our teeth this month.

#389 of 402 Old 03-31-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post
not a problem. her hair looked so tame in that pic. what did you do? gel it? i LOVE the fuzzy hair!
yeah i think grace might be going red but so did sara until 18 months or so and then she went blonde. ONE of my offspring needs red hair!

write the check hon, it won't clear for a day or two. by the way, they are so gorgeous. little hippie babies! i'm in love! mady's sneakers are falling apart too. sara will only wear crocs or soft shoes and mady will only wear sneakers. i wish you were my mama! cake for breakfast! that's sure to be a hit!

our plan for today is diaper laundry(fingers crossed but sara's been in big girl panties for 2 days now of her own doing so maybe that's the end of icky toddler poop?????) and knitting. gotta clean up the house too since dan's friend is stopping by to meet grace. she hasn't yet seen gracie and she called the other day out of the blue. so we'll see. she's a nice girl so it's not entirely a bad thing that she's coming over. somebody to chat with anyway. tomorrow we'll finally have food! YAY! I have to do a HUGE shopping. we're out of everything except the box of pasta I splurged on a few days ago, a can of tomato sauce, and a can of pineapple. I guess it's oatmeal for breakfast tomorrow and mady will bring the pineapple for snack at school.made it just by the skin of our teeth this month.
Thanks
and yeh kids can be so picky...

I hope your day goes well ... have fun knitting, I haven't done any of that in ages, I should

Mmm oatmeal ... I realized I still had a little milk left, so am making porridge for breakfast... which my kids also love. I might bring some cake along for their ride on the transit
#390 of 402 Old 03-31-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
shelby isn't moving too fast on our venture, and i feel like if i jump ahead she won't feel a part of it. maybe i need to gently remind her that i'm hungry and have bills. ....and could i please use her serger

edie is having a hard time at school socially. girls really suck at this age. she doesn't have a clich....has ALWAYS been friends with everyone. has always been invited to all the parties.....three parties among her friends this weekend, and she wasn't invited to any of them. she's crushed. i just hurt for her.
silly mama. poor shelby is probably just overwhelmed with moving and naeva and her partner that life is difficult right now. Maybe if you tell her that you are needing some extra cash and you'd like to know if you could get the room set up with all the sewing stuff she'd jump right in with you. getting it all set up could inspire her!
poor edie. that makes me sad. mady has issues too. she is just so eager to please and she befriended the wrong sort of kid and now no one wants to be friends with her because this little girl is really mean/ she's one of those possessive friends that flips out whenever she talks to anyone else and she wants so badly to be this kid's friend that she puts up with it. I try to encourage her to talk to other people and tell her that this little girl can't possibly be such a good friend since she's so mean and hurtful and laughed at mady's favorite shirt(it was a pink one with a doggie on the front that she loved and now she wont' wear it). i just hurt for her and dont' know how to encourage being an individual. i imagine edie's sorta feeling that way too since she wasn't invited to those parties. it hurts when your friends turn on you for waht seems like no reason.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page