March Low Income Mamas Support Thread - Page 14 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#391 of 402 Old 03-31-2008, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura_Kitten View Post

In a couple of hours I'm going to rouse my kids, feed them cake for breakfast because we're almost out of real food, and take them shoe-shopping, because my ds's shoes have holes in the toes. And tops. And the heels are falling off. : If I write a check, there's no way it will go through before the 1st right???! :
Actually I might hold off on that check, check processing laws were changed recently and long story short, most places electronically process checks meaning there is no float time. I know that when I right checks most of them are processed and debited immediately from my account, so it will dpend on the store and their internal process.

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#392 of 402 Old 03-31-2008, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
:how come my debit card takes forever to show up on my acct sometimes then?

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#393 of 402 Old 03-31-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post
u mean ur purchases on ur debit card??????? or ur actual debit card being mailed to u????
#394 of 402 Old 03-31-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I want to share my pics but am worried that freaks might steal them (or stalk me, again!) ... You are all lovely.

lilly ~ you look so sad. You and your LO's are so beautiful!!

EDIT: I just PM'ed a bunch of you w/ links to my pics

u and ur kids are so cute- (u were stalked?????) scary.
i always look that way. not sad just zombie like.lol. sleep is becoming hard to get. thanks my two kiddoes are little cutiepoototies. alex is gonna get his hair cut this week his woosh is out of control. would take a pic of it right now but dh took the camera and i dont know where he put it
#395 of 402 Old 03-31-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post
Just to drive you crazy. My dh and the guy he works with have talked a couple times about how quick debit charges come through. It seems like if you try to float it a day they will always come right through, but if you have the money there waiting it can take several days. We've used my paypal card for gas a few times recently to float things out a couple days. They will run a $1 charge on the paypal card which is sitting there then it takes a day for the full amount to come through and another for it come out of the bank account, sometimes more then that.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#396 of 402 Old 03-31-2008, 04:52 PM

Welllll I wrote the check anyway, in total it ended up being less than the total in my bank account ~~ thank God for Spring Sales

I even had enough for a take-n-bake pizza, a new pair of shoes for myself (which are way comfier than my shoes and orthotics I've been wearing)... AND little anklet socks with cherries on them, OMG so cute. It's so dumb that shopping makes me happy but it does.

On the debit card thing ~ I once made a purchase with my debit card... I had enough money when I actually used it, but then it took like three weeks to go through and I didn't realize it, and by the time it posted it put my account over by less than a dollar. ..... for which I was charged the typical ~$20-something overdraft fee. : So yeah, gotta be careful with those.
#397 of 402 Old 03-31-2008, 05:10 PM

I'm glad the shoe shopping turned out well. I used to be a huge shoe lover, but now I spend too much time thinking about how that money could buy new clothes for the kids, something we need for the house or just about anything else. I was thinking I would be taking both kids looking for shoes this weekend, but dh is curled up in a ball on a friend's bathroom floor today. He had spent the night half way between home and where his job meeting was yesterday, but hasn't been able to leave to actually get home all day. That means no work today and less money this week. Thanks to having to drive to Orlando and back next week to get my mom from OIA and the price of gas things are going to be tight as it is.

I wish our overdraft charges were only $20. With BofA we have $35 overdraft charges which really, really suck when it's for like $2.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#398 of 402 Old 03-31-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Welllll I wrote the check anyway, in total it ended up being less than the total in my bank account ~~ thank God for Spring Sales

I even had enough for a take-n-bake pizza, a new pair of shoes for myself (which are way comfier than my shoes and orthotics I've been wearing)... AND little anklet socks with cherries on them, OMG so cute. It's so dumb that shopping makes me happy but it does.

glad the sales in ur area were kind to u. shopping always makes me happy too bad money doesnt grow on trees or i would be at the mall constantly- well maybe thats a good thing.. lol.
#399 of 402 Old 03-31-2008, 08:47 PM

Just wanted to say what a beautiful bunch of families we have on this thread!! I'm gonna have to borrow my mom's camera to put up some photos of my kids later this week.

I have a couple of things for sale on craigslist and no one is emailing about them. I found a few more things I need to list. I've decided to look into foraging for wild food to save money. We have a little forest behind our house, there's got to be something edible back there!

treehugger.gif mama to flower.gif and stillheart.gif and baby.gif

femalesling.GIF  bfinfant.gif  familybed1.gif

#400 of 402 Old 03-31-2008, 11:23 PM

im so jealous of u guys who are selling on craigslist. i have 7 "lot"s of stuff up and no bites. argh its frustrating... i was hoping to get cash so i can renew my permit with out hubby knowing but i think now i just gotta tell him. he is gonna be pissed..(this is the third time i had to renew it in 6 years........ i guess i need a big kick in the booty to go get my license soon.
#401 of 402 Old 04-01-2008, 02:12 AM

Wow. I have been MIA, so I just read through the last 5 pages of posts to catch up with everyone. Everyone's kids are amazing. So adorable.

I'm glad you have worked things out with both schools, Aura Kitten. Congratulations on thrifty purchases too!

I am begrudgingly and slowly working my way through more and more classes. I just completed two online classes and got an A and a B. I am really quite behind in one of my classes though and am feeling very distracted trying to figure out how I can turn things around. DD and I have both had a dreadful stomach flu and I feel like I have fallen behind in everything.

Hugs to all!

"If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
#402 of 402 Old 04-01-2008, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

good morning mamas!

i tried yesterday to respond....but i kept timing out! politics forum let me, but not here or tao? weird

aura....i spent about an hour looking at your images i now know what a slacker i am with food....actually, edie would starve rather than eat actual food

i loved all the pix! the mamas here have some beautiful kids.

i think i'll go start a new thread for april........see you there

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page