March Low Income Mamas Support Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 402 Old 03-03-2008, 11:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ediesmom, thanks.. its the first year since she passed that I was not a mess, actually at peace. Only a little tearing up here and there compared to the past years where I cried buckets and was pretty much not functional.

Will post more later.

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#62 of 402 Old 03-03-2008, 11:54 PM

(((( Belleweather )))) s s s I know what you're going through, and DON'T give up!! It will be so rewarding when you finally make this work, and you CAN, and you WILL! ~ This may be the dumbest question Ever. but, are you getting enough to eat?? When I was working and pumping I needed around 3500 calories to make enough milk and still have energy left to stay at work... granted it was a physically demanding job but still, your calorie needs seriously increase. Also janerose's suggestion of looking at a picture of your LO is a good one ~~ I didn't use a photo as much as meditation / visualization... I'd "see" myself nursing my dd, and visualize the feeling of snuggling her, and the smell of her hair ~~ I also at one point used one of her not-so-clean shirts to hold and smell, and within minutes I'd be squirting milk like you wouldn't believe. Sometimes our bodies need this extra kick. Good luck.

ediesmom ~ on Physical Therapy: yes it probably will hurt BUT it will be worth it.
#63 of 402 Old 03-04-2008, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

good morning mamas!

still kind of sleeping this morning, but need to get moving so i thought i'd post in this very narrow window

shay...i'm glad the day was doable. on the mom anniversaries i am 'tender'...but its a good feelling, almost. its better than 'raw'

the drains are all clogged in my apartment. i really need to call the landlord. i hate calling her. she's wonderful, but a stresspot...and it gets me going. i've plunged and used lye....now its time for a plumber.

alright....off and running. have a good day mamas

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#64 of 402 Old 03-04-2008, 09:10 AM

(((((((Shay))))))))

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#65 of 402 Old 03-04-2008, 02:00 PM

the clinic called me back......... they only take one subsidy ohp program and of course its not mine. i am so done. and an u/s lol. 500 dollars but they wont even let u get an u/s unless u are being seen by someone at the clinic.. can some one seriously shoot me now? i am so sick of this::: hammer
#66 of 402 Old 03-04-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianyoushi View Post
the clinic called me back......... they only take one subsidy ohp program and of course its not mine. i am so done. and an u/s lol. 500 dollars but they wont even let u get an u/s unless u are being seen by someone at the clinic.. can some one seriously shoot me now? i am so sick of this::: hammer

So sorry you're going through this. FWIW, I'd just go the the ER & have them do an u/s. Will your insurance cover an "emergency" visit to the ER?
I used to work in admitting at our local hospital & let me tell you, it is *scary* the # of people who rely on ERs for thier primary (and only) health care.

Another option is do you have a free standing 3D u/s clinic anywhere around you. We did one with DD1. We had to drive like 3 hrs, but it was WAY cheaper than the u/s you're talking about. Like make $200, but we got tons of wonderful 2D & 3D pics, video of the 3D exam, etc. They also had plans for less than that. Technically the "don't do diagnostic" but if they see anything wrong they'll let you know you need to get to an OB ASAP.
#67 of 402 Old 03-04-2008, 05:36 PM

they will pay for er visits. i need to see if there is an 3d u/s places. cuz there is no way i would pay 500 for a regular u.s
#68 of 402 Old 03-04-2008, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Just checking in. dont' have time to respond. thought the formula wasn't agreeing with gracie's tummy as she projectile vomitted down my cleavage yesterday and has been super fussy but it turns out it is a combo of that and a cold coming on AGAIN. so i've been unable to put her down for 3 days now. hoping to respond to everyone later on tonight or tomorrow sometime. i'm NOT leaving hte house with them anytime soon.

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#69 of 402 Old 03-04-2008, 09:18 PM

Hugs Justmama. Sorry it's so rough at the minute.
#70 of 402 Old 03-04-2008, 10:02 PM

Thanks, everyone, for the kind thoughts and tips.

Today, I pumped 6.5 ounces. A minor increase, but an increase, right? I'll remember to cycle my pump, and eat and drink as much as I can. I'm drinking like a fiend right now... the people in IT who it between me and the potty are going to wonder what's wrong since I'm running to the bathroom more now than I was when I was pregnant.

I'm a bad candidate for Reglan because it can make depression and headaches worse and I have both already. So I'm ordering domperidone online quasilegally... I could get it from the compounding pharmacy down the street from me, but it's not covered by insurance and is 3x as expensive as the stuff from New Zealand.

Belated (((((((hugs))))))) to Shay. I lost my dad in 1999, and I remember how those anniversaries felt. It gets easier, but never better.

And hugs to Justmama, because sick kids are a mess.
#71 of 402 Old 03-04-2008, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

not feeling well tonight

but i was walking from class today and passed a sign that had a wonderful quote on it. i wanted to share.

"A free race cannot be born of slave mothers." Margaret Sanger

now, thats what i'm talking about.

i should write more, but i am in so much pain i can't really think very well.

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#72 of 402 Old 03-04-2008, 11:41 PM

ediesmom & justmama s not much else I can offer right now I think.

My bf was mugged last night (( ETA ~ part of what they stole was ... Pictures ... of me. : if you kwim : ... ))

and ... I'm in a lot of pain ... and my ds is driving me absolutely crazy. :

But the bunk beds came tonight ~ hurrah I have a project for this evening goodnight all.

#73 of 402 Old 03-05-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmama View Post
Just checking in. dont' have time to respond. thought the formula wasn't agreeing with gracie's tummy as she projectile vomitted down my cleavage yesterday and has been super fussy but it turns out it is a combo of that and a cold coming on AGAIN. so i've been unable to put her down for 3 days now. hoping to respond to everyone later on tonight or tomorrow sometime. i'm NOT leaving hte house with them anytime soon.
oh man, not again! I'm sorry mama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleweather View Post

Today, I pumped 6.5 ounces. A minor increase, but an increase, right? I'll remember to cycle my pump, and eat and drink as much as I can. I'm drinking like a fiend right now... the people in IT who it between me and the potty are going to wonder what's wrong since I'm running to the bathroom more now than I was when I was pregnant.

I'm a bad candidate for Reglan because it can make depression and headaches worse and I have both already. So I'm ordering domperidone online quasilegally... I could get it from the compounding pharmacy down the street from me, but it's not covered by insurance and is 3x as expensive as the stuff from New Zealand.

Belated (((((((hugs))))))) to Shay. I lost my dad in 1999, and I remember how those anniversaries felt. It gets easier, but never better.

GOod milk pumping vibes to you mama!! ::

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediesmom View Post
not feeling well tonight

but i was walking from class today and passed a sign that had a wonderful quote on it. i wanted to share.

I hope you feel better mama!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#74 of 402 Old 03-05-2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura_Kitten View Post

My bf was mugged last night (( ETA ~ part of what they stole was ... Pictures ... of me. : if you kwim : ... ))

But the bunk beds came tonight ~ hurrah I have a project for this evening goodnight all.

Oh man! I am so sorry. My X has some pics like that of me, and it scares me! I'm sorry they were stolen, and I hope your bf is ok!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#75 of 402 Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

good morning mamas!

i had a rough night trying to rest. I'm down to 1/2 a pain pill a day, but OMG i needed some so bad last night.....but i didn't. no classes today so i thought i could just sleep as i could today.

the plumber is due between 9 ans 11 this morning. to take a shower without the water being up to my knees (icky drain water mixed in) will feel much cleaner.

i'm going to watch naeva so shelby can go to her wic appointment. i hope they won't get mad that she doesn't bring the baby....its an ice storm and shel doesn't want to bring her....i don't mind

i'll post more later...really want to lay down

#76 of 402 Old 03-05-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma earthical View Post
Hugs Justmama. Sorry it's so rough at the minute.
thanks. I seem to be having some karmic payback for something wrong I've done in the last little while.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleweather View Post

Are you indulging in a nice beer every now and then? We aren't talking bud light, we are talking guiness. Do you pump better with an electric or a hand pump? With Sara I had issues pumping and found that I could pump more faster with a hand pump or actually hand expressing to get things going and then resorting to the hand pump. This time I have an electric and it's much easier. But not before oddly enough.

Quote:
not feeling well tonight

I'm so sorry mama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura_Kitten View Post

Your poor BF, how scary! So our little aura is a bit wild and crazy ey??? It's okay love, there's a certain ex best friend of mine that has the same sort of pics of me AND Dan. Yeah, bad idea. At least I looked pretty darn good back then! Could be worse right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamoo View Post
Oh man! I am so sorry. My X has some pics like that of me, and it scares me! I'm sorry they were stolen, and I hope your bf is ok!
mamamoo is a little wild and crazy too!!!! I love it!

Quote:
good morning mamas!

i had a rough night trying to rest. I'm down to 1/2 a pain pill a day, but OMG i needed some so bad last night.....but i didn't. no classes today so i thought i could just sleep as i could today.

the plumber is due between 9 ans 11 this morning. to take a shower without the water being up to my knees (icky drain water mixed in) will feel much cleaner.

i'm going to watch naeva so shelby can go to her wic appointment. i hope they won't get mad that she doesn't bring the baby....its an ice storm and shel doesn't want to bring her....i don't mind

i'll post more later...really want to lay down
Oh hon, I"m sorry you are having such a hard time with this. But you get Naeva time! That's always good. They shouldn't get mad at Shelby unless Naeva is due for a re-cert or something. I always bring my kids only because I have no other option but they don't need them there unless it's a height and weight check at their re-cert. Thank god you are gettign the drains fixed ey? That's gotta make you feel dirty when you want to feel clean. You feel dirtier after the shower than you were before.

So I actually got a shower this morning. Got out of the shower to hear Sara in bed with Grace(in my bed. that's the first thing sara does is wake up and run to my bed if she isn't already in it) singing her the ABC's. SO cute! I really do have some cute kids when they aren't fighting and screaming at each other!

#77 of 402 Old 03-05-2008, 02:35 PM

my greatfuls--
i found a doctor! wohoo!!!!!!! i have my first appointment on the 25th. and they are gonna give me an u/s there before the "actual" appointment. so thats a relief. the best part is she delivers at a hopsital close to me!!!!!

dh's second job mailed out checkes early- so hopefully its in our mail box today!-it came and he got an extra 5.5 hours. woohoo he doesnt understand y but he aint questioning it.

i made chicken salad last night that totally hit the spot.:
#78 of 402 Old 03-05-2008, 08:04 PM

just bumping us so we don't fall off the page.

#79 of 402 Old 03-05-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
my greatfuls--
i found a doctor! wohoo!!!!!!! i have my first appointment on the 25th. and they are gonna give me an u/s there before the "actual" appointment. so thats a relief. the best part is she delivers at a hopsital close to me!!!!!

dh's second job mailed out checkes early- so hopefully its in our mail box today!-it came and he got an extra 5.5 hours. woohoo he doesnt understand y but he aint questioning it.

So glad you found a doctor! Are you going to find out the gender at the u/s?

I am finally getting over my cold/flu and the kids are all better. And I found out why Connor keeps waking like 20 times a night and being all fussy. He has silent reflux. I put him on reflux meds and he has slept great the past two nights, only waking twice each night and that was to eat. I'm hoping to find a natural alternative to the meds though. So once I get caught up on my sleep I will not be so grumpy!
DH found a new job. Everyone at his work is looking for a new job and he and one of his friends are both giving their notice on Monday. His new job gets paid bi-monthly so that will be interesting to figure out the budget with just 2 checks each month. Especially when his child support has to be paid weekly. His new job is slightly more per hour, but with way less overtime so it will be less money total. But, since he will just be working about 40 hours he will be less tired and then maybe he will be less grumpy. Oh, and on Friday he sold his truck so I put most of the money to the credit cards and now I am only $2821 in cc debt! Yeah!!!

treehugger.gif mama to flower.gif and stillheart.gif and baby.gif

femalesling.GIF  bfinfant.gif  familybed1.gif

#80 of 402 Old 03-05-2008, 09:21 PM

if the baby cooperates i will. if not i wont press for extra u/s to see even though they said they have all kinds a capabilities in the clinic.
#81 of 402 Old 03-06-2008, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

good morning mamas!

not feeling very well. i think its poverty, the weather, the shoulder.....its all just getting me way down.

how do we do it? how do I do it? jeez, i am totally out of ideas

the subtle ways i am discriminated against grate on my nerves. over and over its still charity. plastering bandaids. and then i get down on myself because i'm dragging edie down with me.

naeva is growing up. i watched her yesterday and she's 'talking'....and not crying as much...and staying awake. she's a lo who loves to be cuddled. and shelby is such a good mommy. its nice to see the kind of woman she is.

i think i just hurt. i'm tempted to leave school and just work. i'll never get anywhere, but this is too tough. (hopefully the feeling will pass)

i've got pt again this morning. i may have to go back on a higher dose of pain pills. it hurts so bad. i can't concentrate on schoolwork or sleep. i had such high hopes for the surgery. and six weeks later i'm still in pain

i've whined enough for this morning........

#82 of 402 Old 03-06-2008, 09:37 AM

Well I somehow managed to mess up the quote thing! but mama. I'm sorry it's so tough right now.

Have you tried homeopathy? Arnica for sure but there is another one for deep tissue injury - the name escapes me right now but I'll come back with it.

I don't know how you do it, but you DO do it, and Shelby is the living proof. Naeva is a lucky little one to have such a wonderful family around her.

I know it sucks mama, I know it's harder some days than others but we can not only survive but move onward and upward.

Gotta go be a mommy. Back later. Hang in there!
#83 of 402 Old 03-06-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
good morning mamas!

not feeling very well. i think its poverty, the weather, the shoulder.....its all just getting me way down.

the subtle ways i am discriminated against grate on my nerves. over and over its still charity. plastering bandaids. and then i get down on myself because i'm dragging edie down with me.

naeva is growing up. i watched her yesterday and she's 'talking'....and not crying as much...and staying awake. she's a lo who loves to be cuddled. and shelby is such a good mommy. its nice to see the kind of woman she is.

i think i just hurt. i'm tempted to leave school and just work. i'll never get anywhere, but this is too tough. (hopefully the feeling will pass)

i've got pt again this morning. i may have to go back on a higher dose of pain pills. it hurts so bad. i can't concentrate on schoolwork or sleep. i had such high hopes for the surgery. and six weeks later i'm still in pain

Not sure what to say, but I hope the feeling passes soon. I'm sure that Edie would rather be low income with a good mama than rich and surrounded with "things" with a mama who ignores her emotional needs. After high school I got a scholarship to a college where the kids were mostly from very rich families and even though they had pretty much any "thing" they wanted they hated their parents because they were so wrapped up in their own worlds that they ignored their kids.
How much longer do you have left for school? What are you studying?

treehugger.gif mama to flower.gif and stillheart.gif and baby.gif

femalesling.GIF  bfinfant.gif  familybed1.gif

#84 of 402 Old 03-06-2008, 10:31 AM

earthymama, I"m sorry abotu Connor's reflux. At least his problem was figured out so you can deal with it and move on. Poor guy!

ediesmom, I"m sorry poverty is getting you down. I know the feeling. I can't seem to shake it. All we can do is stick together and keep trudging through. Easier to walk in mud when someone holds your hand right? I will call you today and we can talk babies while Sara screams at me for a snack.

#85 of 402 Old 03-06-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
good morning mamas!

Hang in there. The sub is shining today, try to revel in the sunshine. Everyone has bad days, so try not to let it get you down.

I'm ok, just minor issues, my lovely percolator died on me and I am a huge coffee person, so i had to dig up the old drip make :. Biggest annoyance of the morning is that my wireless connection on my laptop is gone, both dh & I have looked up at it but cannot figure out what the hell is going on. Due to the fact that dh works from home, we have a spare desktop but it sucks and more impoartantly all my stuff is on my relatively new laptop. :: Some days technology sucks.

Hope today is a good day for all, I suspect I will be online a lot less until I fix the issue with my laptop.

Shay

#86 of 402 Old 03-06-2008, 01:59 PM

Hi mamas!

I never feel like I have anything to post lately, so I just come and lurk. I've been living off financial aid disbursement checks (I got two). I am taking online classes so that I don't have to pay for child care, but finally couldn't take never having a break and enrolled dd in a two morning a week preschool program. Also, she needs to interact with other kids.

Constant papers to write, a cold that dd and I keep trading back and forth, and trying to have a relationship with someone is keeping me busy. Really busy. Never mind trying to coerce her father into actually co-parenting with me. Oh boy.

I'm sorry so many of you are having more serious things to deal with and I just don't even have advice. I offer hugs to all and will think happy thoughts for all of you.

"If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
#87 of 402 Old 03-06-2008, 02:07 PM

ediesmom I'm at that point myself ~ thinking "should I just drop out and work?" But.... that's not the road to success and we know that. I feel you. And I am so, so behind on my coursework rightnow.

Everyone else ~~ did I mention I built the bunk beds?? They are all assembled and my kids are thrilled but my dd still won't sleep in her own bed. d'oh!

I'm feeling pretty down... my apartment manager was at the store selling girl scout cookies and when I walked by her she grabbed me and let me know I was $20 short on my rent, because SHE had quoted me the wrong figure but of course she didn't admit that. So everyone around heard that I had to make up rent and also that my rent is so low. Grr. You know little things like that remind me that there is very little dignity afforded you if you're poor.

Also I am very tired. My dd had the Cystic Fibrosis test yesterday, I won't know how it came out for awhile. (How much of this have I already posted?? : )

And I've been trying to eat right and I don't think I can do it.

Where is the Laying Around Feeling Fat and Miserable emoticon?
#88 of 402 Old 03-06-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
my greatfuls--

Yay!

Quote:
good morning mamas!

I am so sorry. Hang in there.

#89 of 402 Old 03-06-2008, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

blah, still

the pain at pt made me faint...literally. maybe i'm a bit too eager to move? a signifier that i may be a bit freakin hard on myself?

i'm going to go 'sneak peek' at the flower show before a 'save our building' meeting tonight. neither of which i want to go to, but both will be good for me.

thanks for the support, mamas. i'm gonna start charting my crashes cuz they seem often and cyclical...although it would be midcycle?

#90 of 402 Old 03-06-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
blah, still

the pain at pt made me faint...literally. maybe i'm a bit too eager to move? a signifier that i may be a bit freakin hard on myself?

i'm going to go 'sneak peek' at the flower show before a 'save our building' meeting tonight. neither of which i want to go to, but both will be good for me.

thanks for the support, mamas. i'm gonna start charting my crashes cuz they seem often and cyclical...although it would be midcycle?
Try and enjoy the flower show, I want to go but really its not child friendly so I will probably have to pass.

Sorry you are still feeling blah.

Shay

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page