Cheap eyeglasses? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 06-10-2008, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i qaudruple zenni!! i found them a few months ago and thought they might not be popular but i guess i was wrong! lol

i got rimless (usually expensive), with custom made magnetic sunglasses cover (so you leave the clip in the car and then wear the regular ones also usually expensive), with the antiglare (what $50 in a normal store?) for $38 shipped. i LOVE them. i am usually very picky as well but the rimless really takes care of liking/not likeing the rim! ha! i didn't have to buy several pair for sunglasses either!
#32 of 44 Old 06-13-2008, 12:00 AM

My $20 prescription sunglasses from Zenni came today. They are fabulous, absolutely fabulous. I can't believe how good they are for the price.
#33 of 44 Old 06-24-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmsMom View Post
I have heard good things about this company:

http://www.39dollarglasses.com/index.html?id=9BkXzLUt

But, I have not tried them. The person where I last bought eyeglasses said that people ask them all the time for the measurements from when they last bought glasses and they give them out so that those folks can buy their glasses cheaper on-oine.
I bought from 39dollarglasses before,

I have just got an eyeglasses from Opticalchic, it looks better than the one I bought from 39dollarglasses. Love it
#34 of 44 Old 06-24-2008, 09:57 PM

I ordered from the 39 dollar glasses place. They came a day or two earlier than I expected.

I can actually see better than with the glasses I spent $200 on at Lenscrafter. I think Lenscrafter measured my PD measurement incorrrectly.

I love my glasses.
#35 of 44 Old 06-25-2008, 02:49 AM

Any suggestions on where to get the cheapest eye exam? I live in Kansas...we have walmart eye centers, but I don't really know anything about getting an eye exam at all...last one was 10 years ago, and my glasses got stolen two weeks later at school (I was in like 8th grade). I think I legally have to have glasses to drive (very nearsighted) but I haven't actually had lenses of any sort since then.
#36 of 44 Old 06-25-2008, 09:00 AM

OMG this is fantastic! Poor DH's glasses are being held together with duct tape and we have been putting off buying them due to his very poor eye sight. The last time we got him glasses they were $400! EEk! That's fuel oil for a month now *sigh*. Thank you thank you thank you all!! I cannot wait to show him

The Tabbie Family; DH , DS , DD , a few :, a couple : and me.
#37 of 44 Old 06-25-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaffNowCryLater View Post
Well Im vain so I paid extra to get the thinner lenses and the antiglare coating. The whole order including shipping was about $45.00 (if I didn't get the extras it would have only been $12 for the frames and lenses and then shipping), I got quoted at Walmart for $200 for something similar!!!

Really?! One of my eyes is twice as bad as the other and they're both pretty bad so I really appreciate the new thin lenses. And yeah, my glasses, even with insurance, usually run around $200. This would *really* help!

What about bifocals? Kid's glasses?

So you get an eye exam from a local place and then go home and order the glasses? I didn't know they allowed that!
#38 of 44 Old 08-17-2008, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofprincesses View Post
Anybody have recommendations for buying cheap eyeglasses online?
I have my last pair i ordered in zenni optical. Im very happy with them. I received the pair in less than 20 days. Theres the glasses references and price. I found there much cheaper than all my others i wore and really would be a big deal if your prescription are changing once a year like mine, mostly having so high nearsighted and needing thinner special lenses.

3386 Plastic Full-Rim Frame Options/Prescription: Frame Colors: 16 Black outside, Blue inside
AR Anti-Reflection Coating: Anti Reflection Coating
Lens Tint Choices: No Tint
Clip On Polarized 80% Sunshade: 0
OD-SPH: -10.50 X
OD-CYL: 0
OD-AXIS: 0
OD-ADD: 0
OS-SPH: -10.00 X
OS-CYL: 0
OS-AXIS: 0
OS-ADD: 0
PD-Pupillary Distance: 65
Prescription & Lens Type: 1.67 High Index Single Vision
Prescription Strength: X = Extra Strength -

$58.95 1 $58.95
#39 of 44 Old 08-19-2008, 10:40 PM

I got my order from zenni optical about 8 months ago. I still love my glasses (although I only use them for backups for my contacts). I did the cheapest I could (I think the bill came to under $15!)do but they are cute, light, and have held up well.
#40 of 44 Old 08-19-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
What about bifocals? Kid's glasses?
Yes, for Zenni :.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#41 of 44 Old 11-27-2008, 03:15 AM

bumping this
Just ordered some
:
#42 of 44 Old 11-27-2008, 03:25 AM

Just in case anyone is interested, my optometrist checked my Zenni glasses at my visit in July and didn't find anything wrong with them.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#43 of 44 Old 11-27-2008, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I ordered glasses from Zennis optical last month for my dd. Think they were about $15. They are fine and we are happy! The local place wanted $170! The zenni ones even came with a decent hard case. Especially for kids glasses, where they have simple prescriptions and are quite likely to lose them, this seems like a truly awesome find. In a family where we all wear glasses (mostly with the most expensive prescriptions!), this is going to save us a bundle.
#44 of 44 Old 11-29-2008, 12:50 PM

i plan to try out zenni, but my problem has been how expensive the eye exam is. my dd wants contacts and that exam is $70 not counting anything else. but once we do, she will be shopping at zenni.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page